Is Perfect Dark (new N64) worth $8?

good game but can be found for cheaper. make sure you have an expansion pack to play single player though.

When it came out it was top notch, but the framerate compared to say Halo today is not good. It is still a worthy purchase if only for the great multiplayer WITH awesome bots. The motion-sickness blur is the only real negative because it lasts way to long.

The weapons are OUTSTANDING. The Laptop Gun and FarSight are cool addtions. Also, you cannot jump. You should be able to get it for $4.99 or lower.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']At the time, on the N64, PD was great... to say otherwise is just ignorant.[/QUOTE]

:roll: I think instead of "ignorant" the word you are looking for is "your opinion"

they still got them for $1 at TRU... don't forget to pick up a RAM pack too... you'll need it for the game to run at optimum level.

I didn't like that game too just because it got me so sick from the choppy frame rate. Though, I didn't have any problem with Goldeneye.

[quote name='javeryh']:roll: I think instead of "ignorant" the word you are looking for is "your opinion"[/QUOTE]

To be fair the phrase is that the majority of people thought PD was great at the time . The minority did not. That is fact.

It's worth $8 if your going to actually play it, it doesn't have any kind of resale value now, if it ever will. I still enjoy the multiplayer more than any other fps I played.

It's worth $8 if your going to actually play it, it doesn't have any kind of resale value now, if it ever will. I still enjoy the multiplayer more than any other fps I played.

Even with the Expansion Pak installed, Perfect Dark still has pretty horrendous frame rate issues. The original Goldeneye 007 for N64 never had this problem, so I imagine that Rare tried to do a little more with this game's graphics than the system was technically capable of.

The expansion pack actually makes the framerate worse in just about every game that supports it. At this point in time I always play on low-resolution with a cinema screen, it's almost the only tolerable alternative for me in this day and age,

[quote name='GuilewasNK']To be fair the phrase is that the majority of people thought PD was great at the time . The minority did not. That is fact.[/QUOTE]

Well if the majority is "more than half" then you are probably right but I know a lot of people that were very disappointed with it after loving 007, myself included.

I recently bought it for $1 and tried playing (yes I have the expansion pak). While it may have been top notch in it's day it definitely hasn't aged well. I found the controls really clunky, the field of vision (resolution?) so small you can't see anything around you, and the framerate really tanks in a lot of areas.

Just my opinion of course but I really wouldn't bother with this game anymore.

bread's done
Back