IS Rhapsody A Musical Adventure RARE??

I saw the game for $39.99 at Gamestop today, and was shocked, along with Persona 2. I almost bought the two, but I didn't feel like paying $70 for two Playstation games today, despite collecting many rare PSOne RPG games. I'll probably kick myself for not buying it, but I'm probably wouldn't play them much (already own over 150 RPG games). I won't be able to go back to Gamestop for a while, since this was at the Gamestop in my hometown, and I'm heading back to college.

[quote name='Samurai T']I saw the game for $39.99 at Gamestop today, and was shocked, along with Persona 2. I almost bought the two, but I didn't feel like paying $70 for two Playstation games today, despite collecting many rare PSOne RPG games. I'll probably kick myself for not buying it, but I'm probably wouldn't play them much (already own over 150 RPG games). I won't be able to go back to Gamestop for a while, since this was at the Gamestop in my hometown, and I'm heading back to college.[/QUOTE]

Both were reprinted...it won't be that hard to find them again in a month or two.

If this is a reprint, why are all of them used? They are in mint, like-new condition, but opened, tagged and sold as used. And GameStop is the only place either of these titles can be found. I didn't hesitate. I grabbed a copy of Rhapsody for my daughters last weekend. This weekend I bought Persona 2 from one store. I then took it to another store, returned it temporarily, and bought another copy for a XMas gift and got Cold Fear (also mint) for free with the current promotion. I don't believe this is a reprint. Rather the clearing of old stock in the GS warehouse. $27 after discount for a mint perfect copy of Persona 2 is a steal. This game is excellent and worth the price of admission, even if it is 10 years old. I'd grab a copy while you can. Rhapsody is also good, but a bit too 'girly' for my taste. Very similar to Pokemon in ways, but obviously targetted at a younger female audience.

[quote name='hohndog']If this is a reprint, why are all of them used? They are in mint, like-new condition, but opened, tagged and sold as used. And GameStop is the only place either of these titles can be found. I didn't hesitate. I grabbed a copy of Rhapsody for my daughters last weekend. This weekend I bought Persona 2 from one store. I then took it to another store, returned it temporarily, and bought another copy for a XMas gift and got Cold Fear (also mint) for free with the current promotion. I don't believe this is a reprint. Rather the clearing of old stock in the GS warehouse. [/QUOTE]

We've been over this- due to some fucked-up policy at gamestop, it seems they got in the reprints, opened 'em up, and sold them as used.

Actually, it makes sense if you think about it- would you pay $50 for a PSone game in a Gamestop these days? Cuz most people wouldn't.

Or the opening of the games could be due to the fact that they didn't have the Official Playstation label sticker (w/ game name) on the reprint.

No, a manager told me that since Gamestop no longer carries new PSX games that they had to open them & sell them as used. Simple as that.

[quote name='argyle']No, a manager told me that since Gamestop no longer carries new PSX games that they had to open them & sell them as used. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

be interesting to see what these really sold for to wholesalers... I asked the same thing to one gamstop worker and they said they were still making a very nice profit. When i keep buggin them they said almost double what they paid but dont know if they was telling the truth but since there are some sellers selling sealed at 30 on ebay now 20 dont seem tooo far fetched.. should of waited paid 50 each

thats kinda crazy that they don't stock sealed PSX games.. i mean it would seem they could have sold them sealed for a much higher price and people would have paid it..

Before everyone got the horny for NIS games, it was going for about $25 on eBay. I was hunting it on and off for a year or so, waiting for it to drop below $20. Never did, only rose. That's what you get for waiting sometimes.

i'd be hardpressed to find most decent RPGs that gain a following ever drop below 20 (sans the over printed Square titles) they usually retain the value.. which why i don't understand why they don't get bigger print runs anyway. in Japan i bet you can find all these RPGs as overly printed as maddens here.

i have a question, for those who bought the reprint of Rhapsody...

does it still come with the soundtracks cd in a thick double-disc case?

[quote name='RaptorZX3']i have a question, for those who bought the reprint of Rhapsody...

does it still come with the soundtracks cd in a thick double-disc case?[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought it, but I saw the box at gamestop. It does come in a 2 box cd case for the reprint.

[quote name='urzishra14']i'd be hardpressed to find most decent RPGs that gain a following ever drop below 20 (sans the over printed Square titles) they usually retain the value.. which why i don't understand why they don't get bigger print runs anyway. in Japan i bet you can find all these RPGs as overly printed as maddens here.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that alot of the japanese import versions of RPGs that are "rare" in the USA, are often much less expensive and way easier to find than their American counterparts. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the japanese versions usually get larger print runs.
It makes me really wish I could understand japanese.

[quote name='Samurai T']I saw the game for $39.99 at Gamestop today, and was shocked, along with Persona 2. I almost bought the two, but I didn't feel like paying $70 for two Playstation games today, despite collecting many rare PSOne RPG games. I'll probably kick myself for not buying it, but I'm probably wouldn't play them much (already own over 150 RPG games). I won't be able to go back to Gamestop for a while, since this was at the Gamestop in my hometown, and I'm heading back to college.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to let you know that the link you have for your collection is broken. You have it like this....

http://users.ign.com/collection/The_Mana _Knight (You have a space between the last a in mana and the underscore.

When it should be this...

http://users.ign.com/collection/The_Mana_Knight

Just a heads up.

Nice collection BTW. :)

I had to check it out once you said how many you have. I have 133 myself. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1391709&postcount=25

bread's done
Back