Is sony ever going to fix.......

jedi0077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The glitch that makes my controller go screwy and make Rachet go in to the goop about every 1/2 hour? And the network errors? All these firmware updates and the main things that bug me never get fixed. Does the bluray controller issue happen if you have the controller plugged to the PS3?

That only happened once to me.I was playing COD 4 two days ago and I was first and then my guy looked down going in circles!I had to turn it of and on for it to work.

Let me just put it this way.

I'm not 100% sure if the problem is related to the controllers or the bluetooth module within the PS3. I hear reports of less dropouts with the Dual Shock 3 and I heard less drop outs with the newer PS3 models (like the 40GB especially and somewhat with the 80GB, since they do use a different frequency). But overall, there is a weird bluetooth problem with the modules Sony chose, and it doesn't seem to be fixable even by firmware (it's a hardware issue, kind of like you can't make software fix bad hardware saying). I've worked with bluetooth modules myself when building some electronics, and there were some I came across that have issues staying connected with each other.

Right now, we gotta live with it. I'm personally thinking they'll just be using a new bluetooth in newer consoles which won't have the problem (and which will work better with the DS3).

If it was something that could easily be fixed, we'd probably have it by now (before Firmware update 1.5, PS2 games use to appear very jaggy on PS3 due to scaling issues. The firmware fixed that issue).

I really just want them to make me be able to turn off my PS3 while watching a DVD/Blu Ray, turn it back on and pick up just where I left off. My 360 lets me do this. Hell, I can take the disc out, play a bunch of other games and put the disc back in and it will pick up just where I left off. Serisouly, why can't I do this? I don't think I have had my controller disconnect.

I've had similar problems on some games. Uncharted did something similar he started running, and running when I did't hit anything sort of annoying,but it isn't a major issue to me.

I really hate when this happens during games. It seems to happen to me more so while I am playing R&C then in any other game thus far. I remember it doing it to me twice while playing Uncharted. Other games I haven't really noticed any problem of it happening. I hope they do something to fix it, other wise I am going to keep my controller plugged in to charge and leave it in. I'm tired of falling into lava, or doing a challenge at the arena where you can't get hit and just as your about to beat it Ratchet gets hyped up and starts to run around in a circle then falls off the edge into the lava and the challenge is failed.

It has locked up on me a handful of times most recently, I played Heavenly Sword in full with out this problem but I figured since I was playing a playstation 2 game (when the problem first occured) with a controller with out the rumble feature and playing on a blue tooth controller had something to do with it.

I don't think I've ever had that happen to me. The biggest problem I have with my PS3 is that if I get to the end of the movie and walk away/fall asleep, when I come back to my PS3, the media player is locked up. I can hold the PS button to shut down the system but I can't hit circle to back out of the player.

I wish it would just automatically quit the movie when it hits the end, atleast if I fall asleep it can be folding.

ive never had the contoller problem. But i do get frequent drop outs, i mean the very first 2-3 months my ps3 was fine and never got discd, but after a while (a few firmwares here and there) the problem would occur. i would get dropped frequently, then never for a while.

I cant even host a CoD4 game, once the game starts its gonna say host ended game. Which ppl get pretty tick about and they would get all up on me. Now this is pretty standard(for me anyways), so when i search i try not being a host.

Yea this is a fustrating problem for me, but I always thought It was a controller problem than a bluetooth prob since one controller would get screwy alot more than the other.

I only got disc a few times though, which I happened to be using the same spinning controller.

I started to get the bluetooth disconnection problems this week. Maybe 3 times in 2 days. Otherwise, it's been fine. As for network disconnecting, I fixed it by replacing my WRT54GS with a D-Link DGL-4500 that I bought this week for $200.

My PS3 controller(s) only de-sync when I load up a PS2/PS1 game. That's what they need to fix. I haven't had a single problem when it comes to controllers with PS3 games with my 60gb, er...now 250gb PS3.

It's funny, this week I started trying to Fold and when I exit folding after going overnight it will crash the system resulting in a blank screen!

Just tonight I played Ratchet and Clank for the first time and if I set the Ps3 to do 1080p the game loads a blank screen but I can still hear the sound; 1080i/720p works however... my monitor does 1080p!

Up until this week I thought Sony had their console in perfect order :(

I suppose this doesn't this adds to the conversation. But I don't think this has ever to me or my son. He did have a couple lockups in ratchet. But I haven't seen anything, and I played a ton of RFoM, 1/2 way through Ratchet. But I have never used the wireless connection for anything other than connecting with the PSP.

~S

I've had the Ratchet problem happen a few times. Pausing usually fixes it. I called Sony about it and they told me to reset the controller. There is a tiny ass reset button on the back.

Haven't tried it yet to see if it makes a difference.

Yeah I've had this uncontrollable problem when playing Ratchet and Uncharted. Now that I think of it, my ps2 had this problem too.

Uncharted also keeps freezing me requiring me to turn off the whole system. Whenever I play Uncharted the sound suddenly goes off for a couple of seconds too.

Sometimes my ps3 just freezes and turns off when I'm on the menu!

I can kind of handle it although it is annoying, just hope it doesn't get any worse because I love my ps3... and I want to keep a 60gig. Beats my system dying like my 360 probably will though.

It's a good thing I'm not into online gaming yet, I'd be pretty pissed if it did that during online play.

bread's done
Back