Is This guy stupid?

he is if no body buys any of his stuff...... the guy wants $50 for recent posters like watchmen.... thats a bit outrageous

500 is insane. as for the near mint. that's just confusion. the fact that he got it folded and hasn't touched it is admirable sure but he doesn't get that once it's been folded it's no longer mint. he just thinks mint means he hasn't used it. poor mixed upguy. Tempted to offer him $1 and see if he takes it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']500 is insane. as for the near mint. that's just confusion. the fact that he got it folded and hasn't touched it is admirable sure but he doesn't get that once it's been folded it's no longer mint. he just thinks mint means he hasn't used it. poor mixed upguy. Tempted to offer him $1 and see if he takes it.[/QUOTE]

If that was originally folded then it is near mint and your confused because your applying your logic to this without the benefit of reality.

Not all movie posters have always shown up rolled, especially theaterical released posters. I know I was a projectionist for 9 years at a theater when I got out of highschool. I got all the cans of film to splice, movie promo stuff and so on delivered to the lower stairwell door in the back for the projection room. Quite a few posters came folded already because it was cheaper to ship all your promotional material in a single box and movie posters werent as big of a deal back then either. Some stores would sell a few and aside from in the theater lobby and later on in video stores you didnt see them alot.

And considering its age it looks in exceptional shape. No tape looks like, no thumb tack holes, no bleed through of double sided tape, no clamp marks from being in a marquee. I would dare say it originally came folded.

Besides, who gives a shit? Ive seen a thousand times someone selling something for a ridiculous amount on ebay but I never once felt the need to hit a forum and point it out.

A little OT but I see people sell games labeled as brand new that is clearly used. They even list it as brand new under every option including their title, but then in the description mention that it's used. The shit often sells too for a price as high as brand new ones. To me though the guy must have a lot of unhappy buyers and eventually his feedback will be affected.

Other times I've bought stuff that is labeled as like new and the shit shows up with scratches all over it. There's a lot of shady people on ebay.

[quote name='gargus']If that was originally folded then it is near mint and your confused because your applying your logic to this without the benefit of reality.

Not all movie posters have always shown up rolled, especially theaterical released posters.[/QUOTE]fair enough the closest I've been to the movie business was when i worked in a theatre and i wasn't a projectionist.

I fully realize that at times posters would be shipped out folded. That makes sense. I wouldn't have thought those would be considered mint. Far as i know a comic book is mint until it's been curled to fit in a mailbox. I remember a baseball card rating guide when i was younger and it seemed to imply that Mint is Mint, Once you have a scuff mark, or tilted corner, or finger print it's near mint at best but more likely Good. I wouldn't have thought that a folded poster would be considered mint. My only critique to the mint status was the folding. It is remarkably well kept aside from that. It's very clear that it hasn't been used or abused past that. If you, as someone with more insider knowledge than I, say it's considered mint in that industry fair enough I'll yield that point.

i still think the price is insane, but you're right I've seen worse go for more.

bread's done
Back