isnt this illegal (car question)

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
so i went looking for a 2nd car and found on 2002 sable.... so i took it into the shop and they told me the CRADLE mounts are busted. the belts are cracked there is a coolant leak ect

mostly the car is pure crap...

so i took it back and the dealer acted like he was big shit and didnt know what i was talking about even when i gave him the sheet...

so i told my friend wait a day and go back into the place and ask about the car

the dude goes..

YA its a very good car with no problems.. it will last you for years..

my friend goes so the mounts are good

dealer goes yeap prefect

why isnt this illegal he knows they are shot

hx7yna.gif

One of your local TV stations probably investigates things like this.
Do some research and contact them with your story.
Probably the only thing they are good for :)

[quote name='slidecage']why do you people grow up

if you dont want to answer the question THEN DONT POST ....
[/QUOTE]

This. Seems like CAG has gotten more of these "witty" internet shit head post responses in the last year or so.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']This. Seems like CAG has gotten more of these "witty" internet shit head post responses in the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']This. Seems like CAG has gotten more of these "witty" internet shit head post responses in the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

yea that is why most of the older posters dont even post here anymore ..

sad what this site has turned into .. years ago it was a very good site now its just .................

Hmm might be time to remove 'CAG Lifestyle & Off Topic' from the list of forums that come up with 'New Posts'. Yes there is a setting for that.

[quote name='slidecage']yea that is why most of the older posters dont even post here anymore ..

sad what this site has turned into .. years ago it was a very good site now its just .................[/QUOTE]
To answer your question, it's probably not illegal just as it's not illegal to not tell them about an oil leak when you trade in your car. Common sense and every advice I've ever heard in regards to buying a used car is to have your own mechanic check out the car ahead of time before purchase.

[quote name='slidecage']so i went looking for a 2nd car and found on 2002 sable.... so i took it into the shop and they told me the CRADLE mounts are busted. the belts are cracked there is a coolant leak ect

mostly the car is pure crap...

so i took it back and the dealer acted like he was big shit and didnt know what i was talking about even when i gave him the sheet...

so i told my friend wait a day and go back into the place and ask about the car

the dude goes..

YA its a very good car with no problems.. it will last you for years..

my friend goes so the mounts are good

dealer goes yeap prefect

why isnt this illegal he knows they are shot[/QUOTE]

It should be illegal. Never trust a used car salesman!

[quote name='slidecage']why do you people grow up

if you dont want to answer the question THEN DONT POST ....

car was little over 4,000[/QUOTE]
You paid over $4,000 for a 10 year old Mercury Sable? Wow. You ARE dumb.

[quote name='porieux']Nevertheless, slidecage should really call his local police department to report this.[/QUOTE]

But if he talks likes he posts they'll never figure out what he's talking about.

Past year? It's been more than that now. At least 3 years since I noticed the downward trend. It's what happens when a site/forum gets big. The signal to noise ratio goes down.

[quote name='dohdough']You paid over $4,000 for a 10 year old Mercury Sable? Wow. You ARE dumb.[/QUOTE]

I know it's sometimes hard to understand Slidecage but he made it clear he did not buy the car and just had it checked out. To then have his friend go ask about it. Apparently you the are "dumb" one.

I know in new york we have the lemon law but its not always a cut case to prove they sold you(I know you didnt but it) a car that is in bad repair and they new that alot of things were wrong with it

[quote name='Thongsy']I know it's sometimes hard to understand Slidecage but he made it clear he did not buy the car and just had it checked out. To then have his friend go ask about it. Apparently you the are "dumb" one.[/QUOTE]

Wow...Total reading FAIL on my part.:lol:

I take back my comment about him being dumb...for now...LOLZ.

[quote name='Thongsy']Apparently you the are "dumb" one.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid Slidecage is rubbing off on you. Wow, that sounds very, very wrong.

This is my favorite part of the story:

"dealer goes yeap prefect"

Wow, people need to grow up. Just because this is in the Lifestyle & Off-topic forum, it doesn't make it the OTT.

Serious answer: This can be labeled as Deceptive Business Practice, since the salesman is being asked about a specific problem to which he has definitive knowledge of, and is choosing to blatantly lie about it. If no questions are asked, it is still possible that the salesman is still lying by omission, if he were aware of serious problems with the car, but good luck proving that.

But unless you actually purchase the car, you really have no legal ground to stand on, since you were not harmed either physically or financially. As suggested earlier, contact your local news stations. Having worked a few years in news broadcasting, I can tell you that they LOVE these types of investigations.

If you actually buy the car and want to take legal action, call Judge Judy.

While it may or may not be "illegal"/ criminal, it certainly could be a breach of contract situation if someone were to actually purchase the vehicle under the circumstances alleged. A salesman is allowed to "puff" about the product, for example say something like, "this is the greatest 10 year old car around." However, if he knows that there is something wrong with the car, is directly asked about the problem, and doesn't tell the truth, this could possibly be an intentional misrepresentation of a material fact or maybe even a breach of an expressed warranty. But, in this specific case, you friend didn't buy the car and he knew about the problem.

[quote name='slidecage']yea that is why most of the older posters dont even post here anymore ..

sad what this site has turned into .. years ago it was a very good site now its just .................[/QUOTE]
God forbid someone decides to not carefully research an issue a few minutes of Googling could have cleared up and makes a joke.

The guy doesn't even mention what state he lives in. Usually, when you get the shithead answers, the original poster did not provide enough information to properly answer the question anyway.

bread's done
Back