It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the Ghost is having another swap meet the Saturday after thanksgiving. I actually think I may get a table. Got a lot of swag and retro games I wanna get rid of.
I did not know they do swap meets at GG. Have you attended one before and if so how is the turn out?

I did not know they do swap meets at GG. Have you attended one before and if so how is the turn out?
I went to one of the first ones they had. There were 6 or so tables that people had set up, but other people were buying an selling. I bought about 40 or so NES games for about $1-$2 each.

So is anyone else going crazy with Amiibo hunting like me? I haven't seen the Holy Trinity from wave 1 and wave 2 is completely absent minus Luigi and Zelda. I've been mainly in the New Lenox, Orland, Matteson, Tinley area but I think I'm going to have to expand my route.

Has anyone gone to gameworks within the last four years? I might get that groupon deal for $20 but want to know if maybe they upgraded there selection of arcade games.

Has anyone gone to gameworks within the last four years? I might get that groupon deal for $20 but want to know if maybe they upgraded there selection of arcade games.

Just so you guys know Amazon will start charging sales tax in Illinois on Feb 1.

If you are going to make a big purchase you have a day to do it!

I hope everyone is being safe today. It took half a miracle for me to make it out of my car out of the drive way to get to target at opening for a Rosalina amiibo. Got one though!

Terrible snow, Amazon charging tax... February is off to a great start...

Hope all Chicagoland Amiibros found their Rosalinas!

Yeah but wet snow sucks ass. I live in an apartment, and I still have to shovel out my parents' place.
Yea this snow isn't pleasant. I live with big older trees on my property and there were several big branches down around me. I had to get a big one that was right in the middle of the street. And the shoveling...

Hey guys, haven't posted much here in a long while!

Yeah the snow was absolutely horrible. Doesn't help that my apartment complex never really gets plowed. "Luckily" I walk to the train station and take Metra up to the city everyday but still yeah... screw this.

I also am trying to save up for the new Cintiq 27QHD and decided to get rid of my Alienware 17 laptop. I spent $3k on it almost exactly a year ago and have used it maybe 10 times or so. I thought I would use it more but I end up always using my desktop and never bother bringing my laptop anywhere really. As a digital artist/ animator I went all out thinking I would be using it as a back up for rendering and all of that and got the crazy upgraded screen with the 98% Adobe RGB accuracy plus 3D and all. I know this is CAG though and not many of us are fans of dropping large amounts of cash on stuff but hey thought I would reach out to you guys.

For those that care, specifics are in the spoiler!

Alienware 17
-16GB Dual Channel 1600MHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB GDDR5
-5G WiFi Broadcom 4352 802.11n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0
+Killer NIC 1420 802.11n/ac WiFi
-256 GB mSATA SSD Boot + 750 GB 7200 RPM Sata 6Gb/s
- Windows 8 64-Bit
-Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BD-ROM, DVDRW, CD-RW)
-4th Gen Intel Core i7-4800MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
-17.3 inch 120Hz WLED FHD (1920x1080) TrueLife w/3D Bundle & Glasses

I also have a spare power adapter along with the original
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=US&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=331-9053

Also have an awesome laptop backpack that is large enough to house the monster of an Alienware

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Backpack-Designed-Notebooks-TXL617/dp/B0001EMM10

Like I said it is in great shape and far better than anything else I have ever used. For everything there I spent $3,200 and was hoping to score around $2,700. 

But yeah if you are at all interested or know someone who is just let me know. I live in Lisle but am up in the Loop every day for work and then I stay there at night for class

Since the Kmarts are closing I was hoping we could get it going here more specifically instead of hunting through the kmart discussion.

Since the Kmarts are closing I was hoping we could get it going here more specifically instead of hunting through the kmart discussion.
My two local Kmarts haven't closed yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the New Lenox store crapped out. but the Tinley Park store is going to be one of the last stores standing.

Is the TRU in burbank still open?

What about the one in North Riverside?

I have to drive my parents to midway today and I might check for a couple of guides I didn't get.

The last time I went to New Lenox, it was a wasteland. It hurt because the time before that, in July, I found every clearance item listed there. And tinley park isn't going close because of food. 

I hit a couple places in the South subs today. Got lucky at a TRU and got some .02 guides for free. I also picked up a couple sheik aiimbo, not sure if they are still HTF or not though.

EDIT: I didn't willingly go out. I had to drive my parents to midway. ;) It actually didn't feel as cold as I expected.

yup! That area used to be a gold mine back in the BB penny items days. I left some guides at tru, but I think they are pulling them. They ended up giving them to me for free. I didn;t want to risk getting nothing by pulling madden or damaged guides. I could tell someone already hit that store because they didn't have any zelda guides.

I know. That BB was the farthest edge I would go for guides if I was getting lucky. Unless it was a weekend I had to take my cousin to the reserves in north riverside. Then I was all over the place.

I'm curious, was anyone able to walk into a Best Buy yesterday and purchase a Meta Knight? My girlfriend tried the Tinley, Orland, and Crestwood stores, along with calling a store in Arizona where she has relatives and every store only had enough for pre-orders. It seems like South Chicagoland is horrible for amiibo selections.

No luck with Meta Knight, but due to preorder cancellation paranoia I have two extra Mega Men.

If anyone wants one let me know. $15 each. I'm in the southwest burbs.

If anyone needs 3 day passes for C2E2 the radio shopping show has them again.

$27 for the 3 day pass

It costs $2 more to pay by credit card, but they mail you your passes. (Walking dead on the passes this year)

https://www.wrmn1410.com/

C2E2 Comic & Entertainment Expo -Chicago, Chicago
$65.00 Three-day pass

Price: $65.00  You pay: $27.00

$65.00 Three-day pass admission to C2E2 the Pop Culture Event of the year. Held April 24th-26th, 2015 at the North Building of McCormick Place in Chicago. Check out the panels, screenings, costume contests, and events from the latest in comics, TV, movies, toys and anime from the biggest publishers, brightest stars and hottest TV shows. Passes give admission to all of the fun activities. Hours are Friday 11am-7pm, Saturday 11am-10pm and Sunday from 10am till 5pm. For more information go to www.c2e2.com

--

Here is their contact number: 847-741-7700 Fair warning, they may put you on live radio. Becoming a member of their program is free and they will assign you a keytag number.

If anyone needs 3 day passes for C2E2 the radio shopping show has them again.

$27 for the 3 day pass

It costs $2 more to pay by credit card, but they mail you your passes. (Walking dead on the passes this year)

https://www.wrmn1410.com/

C2E2 Comic & Entertainment Expo -Chicago, Chicago
$65.00 Three-day pass

Price: $65.00 You pay: $27.00

$65.00 Three-day pass admission to C2E2 the Pop Culture Event of the year. Held April 24th-26th, 2015 at the North Building of McCormick Place in Chicago. Check out the panels, screenings, costume contests, and events from the latest in comics, TV, movies, toys and anime from the biggest publishers, brightest stars and hottest TV shows. Passes give admission to all of the fun activities. Hours are Friday 11am-7pm, Saturday 11am-10pm and Sunday from 10am till 5pm. For more information go to www.c2e2.com

--

Here is their contact number: 847-741-7700 Fair warning, they may put you on live radio. Becoming a member of their program is free and they will assign you a keytag number.
i wish I would have waited. I bought a satuday pass for 35. But I know I can't pull off going all 3 days.

Haven't checked in on here in awhile. Nope, as far as I know, no meet ups in quite a long while.

And too bad I didn't wait for my c2e2 pass. I wanted to secure my kevin smith ticket cause the priority seating ones sold out in minutes, so I went ahead and bought the 3 day plus kev all the same day that his panel went on sale.

Sorry double post. This mobile site is wonky right now.

Let me know if any of you guys wanna hang out at Logan arcade sometime. Checked it out finally a few months ago and the pinball selection was nice. Plus, beer.

Random but figured I would post here too just in case.

I am moving around June 15th to Indiana temporarily before I move out to California and so I am getting rid of most of my furniture. The main things I have to sell are my queen sized bed and frame/headrest, kitchen table with multiple leafs and then a really nice double recliner couch and the matching separate recliner. Have a couple old tall bookshelves and end table things too.

Hit me up if you or someone you know would be interested in anything and I can snap some pictures. Figure I would try friends and everything first before I go to the evil land of Craigslist haha

*edit*

I am located in Lisle right by the train station!

bread's done
Back