It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna be in Chicago at the end of the month, are there any import or independent game stores worth checking out?

[quote name='xtimx']I'm gonna be in Chicago at the end of the month, are there any import or independent game stores worth checking out?[/QUOTE]

Hello, I know of one independent store named Videogame Etc. and it located on Harlem ave. in Norridge, IL. Its a decent store with alot of classic games and systems.

For anyone who got a rain check for Burnout Revenge 360 last week during the sale, Fry's has about 4-5 copies back in stock as of yesterday.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Woot!

Chicago Rush wins the AFL Championship!
I know noone cares but since its Chicago so gota feel pretty good about it.

http://www.arenafootball.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=3500&SPID=1548[/QUOTE]

Its cool that another Chicago team won a championship. Also, its good to know that Mike Ditka won super bowl 20 as a coach and Arena bowl 20 as a owner.

Does anyone have this game recorded?

Also the niles gamecrazy has a few ds lites in stock (when I called last night).

I was looking over at this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98174 and I remember a few of the stores mention.

Does anyone remember Child World (it was located in Riverpoint plaza where is it now a TJ Max or Marshalls). It was a great store because I used to live a few blocks (Ashland and North) and I would go bike riding with friends to go check out the new SMS games that game out. AHHHH, to be young again.

Ok, I went yesterday to the Elmwood park CC and today the Niles/Skokie CC and this is was I saw and bought.

Saw:
Elmwood CC: Xbox: Hulk, Matrix path of neo, burnout revenge, and star wars II. Didn't have a chance to look at other systems because they were closing.

Niles/Skokie CC: Xbox: Hulk, Matrix path of neo, burnout revenge, mark ecko, Half life 2, timesplitters, nba street 3 and star wars II.

GBA: Donkey kong kof, both final fantasy games, and pac-man collection.
Couldn't look at others because I was on a break.

I got: Matrix, Gauntlet, and Sigma star.
Looking for: Drill Dozer.

[quote name='grendel19']I went to the one in Glendale Heights/Bloomingdale during lunch yesterday. That's where I got the only copy I saw of Tales. Had to dig through the games since they were completely unorganized.

Only checked out the DS/GBA stuff since the other clearance weren't posted yet. They had some good stock as of yesterday lunchtime for DS. Saw one Advanced War DS, few MP Pinball, Burnout: Legends, bunch of Guilty Gear, one of the Pac Man games, some others I can't remember right now. And a bunch of FF: Dawn of Souls.

Will probably swing by after work today to check the Xbox games.

Also went to the one in Downers Grove after work, I literally live a walking distance away from there. They pretty much had nothing in terms of DS/GBA. They did have 1 of DK: King of Swing as of last night.[/quote]

I posted this over in the gigantic thread, but I figure I'll copy here for the Chicago CAG's. If any Chicago CAG's luck out with an extra copy of Halo Triple Pack, please let me know if we can work something out.

I'll be hitting some more CC's after work today to see what's still available.

I'll be going to the Elmwood park CC and the Niles/Skokie CC to see what I can find. I'm hoping to get:

DS
  • Advance Wars
  • Guilty Gear DS
  • Meteos

PS2

• Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Collector's Edition
  • Wild Arms 4
  • NBA Street V3

[quote name='grendel19']I posted this over in the gigantic thread, but I figure I'll copy here for the Chicago CAG's. If any Chicago CAG's luck out with an extra copy of Halo Triple Pack, please let me know if we can work something out.

I'll be hitting some more CC's after work today to see what's still available.[/QUOTE]

the store on elston still had 2 halo triple packs when i left this afternoon.

anyone grab an extra drill dozer, warriors, mario world, kirby or aw:ds?

got a bunch of games, but traded/listed almost all of the ones I'm not playing.

got FFIV Advance for trade still if anyone is interested.

looking for Ninja Five-O for the GBA

Hey, anyone check the Ford City, Joliet, or Orland Park CCs yet? I want to hit up one or more of those tomorrow, but I don't want it to be a wasted trip.

I was at Naperville yesterday and they had quite a bit left. Picked up seven games.

picked up
DS
meteos (last copy)
polarium
tiger woods 05

Xbox
Matrix
Hulk
half-life 2
indigo prophecy

Today I went to the Batavia store and other than DS, they had almost nothing. The clerk told me that someone yesterday walked out with over $200 worth of clearance games. I was at the store on wednesday and they were will supplied. I didn't know of the clearance yet. Today the xbox section was almost completely bare.

DS
Polarium (I know another copy, but now I can play my wife)
golden eye
metroid pinball (they had 2 more copies)

no meteos

Does the Downers store have any xbox games? Looking for Gun and the warriors. I was thinking of stopping by there tomorrow.

If you're talking about Downers Grove, I was just there earlier. They had lots of Half Life 2, Hulk: UD, Indigo Prophecy, 1 copy of MK: Shaolin Monks, plenty of Matrix: Path of Neo and Far Cry Instincts and Burnout Revenge.

Didn't notice Gun or Warriors though, but then again I didn't know those were on the list so I didn't specifically look for them.

DS selection was bare, I grabbed the last Trace Memory. Not much GBA either. Didn't check PS2 as I don't have one.

Oh and I went back to the Bloomingdale CC, the DS section was cleaned out compared to yesterday during lunch, when they still had some good stuff left.

Xbox had the typical overstocks: Matrix, Half Life 2, etc. I didn't bring a list so I only went by memory.

I didn't find out about the Circuit City Clearance Sale, until yesterday afternoon. I'm going to the CC on Elston, today. I hope there's a few Xbox games still left...:pray:

Well, I was very shocked to see plenty of Xbox games at the CC on Elston. This is what I got...

Xbox

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (2 copies left)
FlatOut (2 copies left)
Indigo Prophecy (1 copy left)
Karaoke Revolution (2 copies left)
Mercenaries (1 copy left)
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (last copy)
MotoGP 3: Ultimate Racing Technology (last copy)
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (3 copies left)

I'm very pleased with today's haul...:mrgreen:

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Orland Park is pretty stocked. Almost every game on the list is there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks WeaponX...I'm going to try and head there tomorrow.

Bah, this has been a frustrating past few days. After a few months of not getting as many hours as I'd like at work, this is the time where I finally get those hours. Now, I have 10 consecutive work days that take up all the daytime hours. I've only been able to hit the one CC that's within distance of where I can get to during a lunch break. No doubt Meteos, Advance Wars, and Drill Dozer are just sitting at another CC, taunting and farting in my general direction.

Oh, and I'd also like some cheese to go with my wine.

either the downers grove store pulled the games or a hoarder came in because they were bare when I got there yesterday. I also stopped back at the naperville store(I was there on Thursday) and they had nothing either.

I think I might try a couple this morning and then wait until the 2nd. It looks like most are wiped clean or the games have been pulled.

I got an extra :ps2: Gauntlet Seven Sorrows if anyone is interested. I'm still looking for Advance Wars DS or maybe Driver PL.

I just got back from 2 more CCs (Darien and Bolingbrook, IL). Got a nice little assortment.

Darien was picked over for GBA and DS. Did pick up The Warriors and Gun for xbox. The two games I was looking for.

Bolingbrook was about the same for GBA and DS. Did find Drill Dozer and Burnout Legends. They had a couple copies of Hulk and Indigo Prophecy for xbox still on the shelves.

Overall purchases
DS
Madden 06
Ult Spiderman
Porlarium x2
tiger woods
goldeneye
metroid pinball
meteos
burnout legends

GBA
drill dozer
mario party advance x2

Xbox
hulk
matrix
indigo prophecy
half-life 2
warriors
gun castlevania
burnout revenge

All done at 4 stores (Darien, bolingbrook, naperville, batavia)

Sorry I wasn't looking for those games, but I don't remember seeing them.

But you know how CC just puts all the games in alphabetical order with games on top of other games, so they might have had them.

Their xbox racks were pretty full unlike most of the other ccs I have been to this week.

Need Advice!!! Didnt see any DS clearance games in Naperville CC 6/24/06.
will they put back more games this week and next week?
Thanks.

[quote name='hellokitty318']Need Advice!!! Didnt see any DS clearance games in Naperville CC 6/24/06.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I told a cashier at CC the same question and he said no. Usually they dont restock games that they are trying to clearance out. Is their a specific game that your looking for? Maybe a I or local CAG can help you out.

:)

[quote name='hellokitty318']Need Advice!!! Didnt see any DS clearance games in Naperville CC 6/24/06.
Thanks.[/quote]
Like Ryosnk said, CC won't restock clearanced games. Most likely the DS games have been cleaned out. DS seemed to be the most wanted games of this clearance.

The employees might also have pulled some off the shelves to place them in a clearance bin. You can check back on Sunday, that's when the official sale starts.

just got back and got exit @ elston. none of the games were price marked.

surprisingly, xbox, ps2 and cube games @ north ave. were marked 8.96 and still on the shelf.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was at the naperville store last thursday night.

I picked up the last meteos, tiger woods, and polarium. They had a couple polariums left and a tiger woods. I think they might of had a couple of other games at the time. no metroid pinball, but I think I saw trace memory, madden, ult spiderman, and goldeneye. This was thursday night and they could have sold before the pull.

Someone on the main thread, I think Chacrana, said he was there when they were pulling games on saturday.

I finally got the chance to head out and hit a few stores, so I went for two that I hadn't seen mentioned so far. If anyone is still interested in finding some of the good stuff, check out Berwyn. They had pretty much everything besides the highly coveted games. I didn't find anything much at Countryside from the sale, but I did find the original Fire Emblem sealed. I've had trouble finding that one used, so that more then makes up for not finding some of the sought-after games from the sale.

[quote name='ryosnk']Are their any gamerush stores in Chicago or surrounding suburbs?[/QUOTE]

No GameRush stores in IL as far as I know. At least none in the city.

Just got back from the Elmwood Park CC and the Niles CC and both of them had squat. The Niles CC had the games out in a bin but nothing good worth picking up.

last night I stopped by the CC on North, by the BB. They didnt have anything out. So maybe they put the games away for later? Maybe Ill go back and check it out today since the sale officially started today.

So, does anyone know if there are any good Xbox games left at the Circuit City on North Avenue?...

Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Terminator 3: The Redemption
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
The Warriors
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

If I can get only two more Xbox games, I would be very happy...

bread's done
Back