It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey rocksolidaudio could you pm us with your exact address or zip. The reason I am asking this is because if the drive is more than an hour and a half or so I might not be able to make it, my car barely makes it from point a to b. I check the approximate time on mapquest.

Hey I defintely won't be able to make it this weekend, but I'm a Chicagoan too (Lincoln Park, woot).

I cleaned up pretty well at my local Circuit Cities this past weekend (Disgaea and several others). Not sure what's left now tho....haven't been out there since sunday.

Just discovered this thread & I live just outside of Chicago (Gary, IN)
Next big Chicago area meetup that happens, please let me know

I'm right by where your are rocksolid. I live by elston and montrose. I'd love come by for a Lan Party. This Saturday I'm having some family over for a party but when It is over maybe I can come by Please send by a PM with your information and I try to make it.

Well, I'm busy most of the time, I doubt, I can make it this Saturday, but maybe some other time...

Now, any of you guys willing to sell or trade games from the Circuit City $4.99 clearance sale?...

The games, I'm willing to trade...

Xbox
Enclave
Kung Fu Chaos
Voodoo Vince

The games, I'm looking for...

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Fatal Frame
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Secrets Weapons Over Normandy

You know, someone should start a "Chicago's Very Own, sell/trade" thread, for us CAGers in the windy city...:wink:

[quote name='flybrione']I'm right by where your are rocksolid. I live by elston and montrose. I'd love come by for a Lan Party. This Saturday I'm having some family over for a party but when It is over maybe I can come by Please send by a PM with your information and I try to make it.[/quote]

I'd rather not start sending out my info to everyone just yet, because I don't know if it's happening for sure or not. I'd like to have a minimum of, say, six people to make it worth the trip for everyone.

So far, we have, for sure:
myself (regular Nick)
BigNick
Johnny Polychronopoulos

Seemingly probable:
scdoanintendo

Possible:
Battousai1002
flybrione

So, once at least six people have RSVP'ed for sure I'll post all my info in this thread. I figure we can start at 7 p.m. (if that works for everyone) and go until whenever, any other suggestions are welcome. So spread the word, let's make this happen!

I'm trying to see if I can round up some local non-CAG friends as well and shoot for 16-player Halo (I also have to find some more TVs), cause I assume it's fantastic. Either way, I hope more people from this thread are able to go...

c'mon guys, I PMmed like 16 of you, is there really this little interest? BigNick, can you help me round up these guys? it's only 3 days from now...

I live right by you, at Lincoln ,Irving Park and Damen.

I might be able to ask a few cool people who like to play Halo and bring some Xbox's, let me know. PM so I can give you my email.

The town of Matteson sucks. I had money at a bank there that i was getting out because the money matured. The woman was black, and she was a complete racist to me. She did not treat with me any respect and was totatally rude to me. I am ALWAYS respectful in the place of business, so I KNOW that I did not do anything to make her mad. Just thinking about her really upsets me.

Matteson is in north east Illinois, the Chicago area, and someone mentioned that town. I'm just venting my disgust with the person and the town.

I can't make gotta work. I work at the tweeter center and I can't miss the Kiss/Poison concert. Not a fan but easy work that night.

last chance to RSVP guys, it's happening tomorrow....

you guys who have, i'll PM you all the specific info sometime today or tonight, or post it in this thread

I hope you guys have fun at rocksolidaudio/Nick's place, tonight. I, on the other hand, need to do a few things to prepare for the big day, tomorrow...:wink:

everything went well, good times/blood were/was had/shed by all.

saturday_night.jpg

we had three CAGers show up, so four total including me. flybrione brought 2 of his pals, and i had 3 of mine there. we played halo about 99% of the time, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag. pizza and beer were also consumed at some point during the evening.

so yeah, i had a lot of fun, i hope even more people can make it to the next one (scdoanintendo's car broke down on the way - shitty). i'll start a new thread as soon as i've got a date for next time.

dammit i didn't get my pm in time ohs well, guys i have a place (parents) but the entire basement is decked out and finished and ready for 4 link up xbox halo, i'm in st charles about 45 min west of chicago (suburb). I totally would be down for hooking up playing some halo, NCAA 2005, you know what i could care less drinks and pizza would be on me, we should do it lemme know what you think!

MeyNERD

Altogether there was 10 guys in and out the whole night, we played most every configuration of Halo possible and a bit of Crimson skies as well. Thanks again for hosting RSA. Its funny to find out you arent teh grand champion.

Maynerd- keep me/us posted!

the photo looks crazy. maybe i'll go to the next one.

i just found this thread and live around White Sox's US Cellular Field. Haven't seen any good deals lately around Chicago except the CC thing last week. And I'm looking for a job, if you can help a fellow CAGer out that would be great.

hey guys, who's interested in some more gaming at my place next saturday from about 5 until midnight (we can start whenever, I've just gotta be done by midnight)? with a little more planning i'm sure we can get some 16-player going (assuming we have the bodies for it). so, who's interested, i'm just testing the waters here.

Just wanted to say that Frys has opened in Downers Grove.
ESPN NFL 2k5 is going for 15 bucks for the grand opening sale.

Anyone go to any TRU around Chicago and if so which one has a good selection of games?

Also when is the next meeting?

I went to the TRU on...

3330 N. Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773) 525-1690

There's a decent selection of Xbox games still there...

TOYS "R" US
3330 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
(733) 525-1690

Sunday 08/15/04 1:05 pm (CST)

Reel Fishing Wild (DC) $4.95
Sega Bass Fishing 2 (DC) $7.49
Deux Ex: Invisible War (XB) $9.97
Prince of Persia (XB) $9.97
XIII: Thirteen (XB) $9.99
Spawn: Armageddon (XB) $9.99
Swat: Global Strike Team (XB) $9.99
TimeSplitters 2 (XB) $9.99
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship Tapout (XB) $9.99
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (XB) $14.99
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XB) $14.99
Secret Weapons Over Normany (XB) $14.99

Monday 08/16/04 12:56 pm (CST)

ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (XB) $9.97
Beyond Good & Evil (XB) $9.99
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (XB) $9.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XB) $9.99

I can't buy anymore games, I only have $5 left!...:wink:

Well, this is what I know...

Reel Fishing Wild (DC) *1 copy left*
Sega Bass Fishing 2 (DC) *sold out*

XIII: Thirteen (XB) *instock*
Beyond Good & Evil (XB) *sold out*
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (XB) *1 copy left*
Deux Ex: Invisible War (XB) *instock*
Dynasty Warriors 4 (XB) *instock*
ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (XB) *instock*
Madden NFL 2002 (XB) *instock*
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (XB) *1 copy left*
NCAA College Basketball 2K3 (XB) *instock*
New Legends (XB) *2 copies left*
Prince of Persia (XB) *instock*
Secret Weapons Over Normany (XB) *instock*
Spawn: Armageddon (XB) *instock*
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (XB) *2 copies left*
Swat: Global Strike Team (XB) *instock*
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (XB) *1 copy left*
TimeSplitters 2 (XB) *instock*
UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship Tapout (XB) *instock*
Whiplash (XB) *1 copy left*
Whiteout (XB) *1 copy left*

To my southside brothers:

The Lansing store had a decent amount of games, including Disgesa (sp?), Sphinx, Sims, Batman and a crapload of Perfect Darks.

I might go back to TRU, tomorrow, to get a refund for ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (XB). Hopefully, I will find 1 or 2 more Xbox games there. If any of you are looking for hard to find games, let me know...:joystick:

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I might go back to TRU, tomorrow, to get a refund for ESPN NFL Football 2K4 (XB). Hopefully, I will find 1 or 2 more Xbox games there. If any of you are looking for hard to find games, let me know...:joystick:[/quote]

Hey can you try and get me prince of persia (xbox) and Rez (ps2)?

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey can you try and get me Prince of Persia (Xbox) and Rez (PS2)?

O.K, I'll see what I can do...:bouncy:

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='ryosnk']Hey can you try and get me Prince of Persia (Xbox) and Rez (PS2)?

O.K, I'll see what I can do...:bouncy:[/quote]

Were you able to locate any of the games? Also if you can find D&D heroes hook it up, thanks. :)

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone in Chicago check out CC is they were able to get any games for $5?[/quote]

All CC's are pretty much picked-clean. I'm sure there are a few $5 games hidden in the shelves with the rest of the games. But, I know all the high value games are long gone...

[quote name='ryosnk']Were you able to locate any of the games? Also if you can find D&D heroes hook it up, thanks. :)[/quote]

Sorry, I couldn't get any games for you. I didn't have enough money, when I went to TRU, today. I did see a few copies of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (XB) still there, I forgot to check for Rez (PS2) though...

I only had $20, so, I got...

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (XB) $14.99...

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='ryosnk']Were you able to locate any of the games? Also if you can find D&D heroes hook it up, thanks. :)[/quote]

Sorry, I couldn't get any games for you. I didn't have enough money, when I went to TRU, today. I did see a few copies of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (XB) still there, I forgot to check for Rez (PS2) though...

I only had $20, so, I got...

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (XB) $14.99...
[/quote]

If you are looking can you find ZOE2 or REZ on the North Side for me? Thanks.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']If you are looking can you find ZOE2 or REZ on the North Side for me? Thanks.[/quote]

Sure, no problem. I'll probably go back to TRU on either Saturday or Sunday...

bread's done
Back