It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']If we do a bar, I'd rather do it on a Friday or Saturday night, so that we can have some cocktails. I get too sleepy with afternoon drinking.:D

Or, if someone wants to host at their house/apartment, we could cook out and get blitzed.[/QUOTE]

I'm voting for a bar, and a Saturday night would be perfect for me as I usually get off work at 8 pm those nights. I wouldn't need to take a day off to make it. I wouldn't mind having a meet up at my place, but I'd rather go to a meet up first and get to know you all before I'll let a group of strangers in my home :)

The Joystiq Podcast Appreciation Group is doing a meet-up this Saturday at the Lincoln Tap Room, if anyone is interested. I won't be around, else I'd go.

Maybe we could do our meet-up there, too, later in April? It seems like only adults are interested in the meet-up anyways, so I think a bar would be fun on a Saturday night. Somewhere low-key (not Lincoln Park or Lakeview).

Does everyone have transportation, or should we try to pick someplace close to the el?

[quote name='Blackout']Is that place 21 and over?[/quote]

Prolly. Maybe we should pick a more family-friendly spot, but one that still server booze.

[quote name='shieryda']Prolly. Maybe we should pick a more family-friendly spot, but one that still server booze.[/quote]

LOL yeah cuz I can't get in unless I pretend to be your kid or something.

[quote name='Blackout']LOL yeah cuz I can't get in unless I pretend to be your kid or something.[/quote]

It might work. I could have had a love child when I was 15.:D

[quote name='shieryda']It might work. I could have had a love child when I was 15.:D[/quote]

Sounds fine with me. As long as you buy me booze. :D

[quote name='D_Icon']Verbatim Vinyl CD-Rs, where can I get them in Chicago? BB doesn't have them anymore.[/quote]

Microcenter?

I see that the Office Depot (or is it Office Max?) store on Touhy is almost closed now, too. Crazy damned economy!

Someone mention having the meetup at gameworks on the cheap after 9pm day. After 9pm on that day and I think all others it becomes a 21 and over only place iirc.

[quote name='jershek']Someone mention having the meetup at gameworks on the cheap after 9pm day. After 9pm on that day and I think all others it becomes a 21 and over only place iirc.[/quote]

Thursdays, though. Right?

[quote name='shieryda']Six Corners Sears still has 3-4 Buzz bundles for PS3, and also a Singstar Country bundle for PS2.[/quote]

How much is Buzz at Sears now??

Howdy all...Chicagoan here as well, just discovered the thread, didn't know there were so many people out in the Windy City! I'd like to be included on any festivities going on in the area--currently hangin' in Lakeview, but gone for most of the week--hopefully we can do something one of these weekends and I can meet some CAGers!

[quote name='shieryda']Six Corners Sears still has 3-4 Buzz bundles for PS3, and also a Singstar Country bundle for PS2.[/quote]

2 left as of 9 last night.

[quote name='stewie75']2 left as of 9 last night.[/quote]

This is Chicago CAG action at work here! I went by Six Corners Sears and nabbed a copy of the PS3 Buzz Quiz TV for $25 last night at 8:30pm. There are 2 left. And still the Singstar Country PS2 for $15. I called the store before but the chick there couldn't find it. Fellow CAG stewie75 gave me the precise location of the game and I found it no problem. Thanks stewie75! If you call and ask then make sure to mention that it is not with the other video games. Its in a metal wire bin with clearance stuff (headphones and other junk) on the back wall with the tvs right behind the main cash wrap. Their ph# is (773)202-2000. When the automated bullcrap comes up say "electronics" then say store (or else you get routed to some call center and they will tell you the stores don't have this but they will sell it to you for $60. NO SALE!)
Thanks to shieryda as well for even finding this deal and sharing it!

[quote name='joeboosauce']This is Chicago CAG action at work here! I went by Six Corners Sears and nabbed a copy of the PS3 Buzz Quiz TV for $25 last night at 8:30pm. There are 2 left. And still the Singstar Country PS2 for $15. I called the store before but the chick there couldn't find it. Fellow CAG stewie75 gave me the precise location of the game and I found it no problem. Thanks stewie75! If you call and ask then make sure to mention that it is not with the other video games. Its in a metal wire bin with clearance stuff (headphones and other junk) on the back wall with the tvs right behind the main cash wrap. Their ph# is (773)202-2000. When the automated bullcrap comes up say "electronics" then say store (or else you get routed to some call center and they will tell you the stores don't have this but they will sell it to you for $60. NO SALE!)
Thanks to shieryda as well for even finding this deal and sharing it![/quote]

Singstar Country will ring up $9.97, bro. I bought 3 a couple weeks ago for that price (at that store), but returned 2 of them.:D

Does everyone play boardgames? We could always do a boardgame meet-up at a Starbuck's or other such location.

Hot damn! PS3 BuzzQuiz for $25!?!?! I'm so there. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Success!
Thanks shieryda!

buzzjcl.jpg

[quote name='chuckywang']Got the last Buzz Quiz at the Six Corners Sears! Thanks CAG 79![/QUOTE]

Cool.

Gotta thank shieryda too. He's the one that gave us the heads up on the deal.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']+1 for the meet-up. I went last time and enjoyed myself. How many people did we have last time? It was about 10 of us or so, right? Too bad we can't have it at someone's place. I was going to make fun of everyone for living in mommy and daddy's basement, but that's basically what I'm doing for now until I can find a decent full-time job. :cry:

I can make it out to Schaumburg if we go to gameworks, but I think that might be hard to manage for a lot of guys. Dave and Buster's I hear is kind of expensive. If it is, it might also be a problem. Me? I'm an alcoholic, so a bar is ideal for me. I went with my cousin to a bar last week that had a NES and PS2 hooked up to two TVs and wireless controllers...and PBR is $1 everyday. Not a bad place.

Any other ideas?[/quote]

Looking forward to the meet up, I'm in Evanston. I would say a lake front cookout (with BYOB) would be the true CAG way to go, but as we know there is not guarantee on the weather until June. Maybe I missed the location, but the place with $1 PBRs didn't sound bad. OP what is the location of said bar?

[quote name='stewie75']Snow again.. shit.[/quote]

Makes me want to call it a wrap as far as lecture tomorrow and get some hot cocoa and play some 360 lol....

[quote name='52club']Looking forward to the meet up, I'm in Evanston. I would say a lake front cookout (with BYOB) would be the true CAG way to go, but as we know there is not guarantee on the weather until June. Maybe I missed the location, but the place with $1 PBRs didn't sound bad. OP what is the location of said bar?[/quote]

I believe it's walking distance to the Lawrence Red Line stop. It's definitely walking distance to a red line stop around there. Obviously I'll find out for sure if we were to go there. My cousin lives by there and introduced me to the place. I wonder if we couldn't even just take our own PS2 games. I'm sure they wouldn't care. It's a laid back place.

Also, that BYOBBBQ is a good idea. That way we could have everyone there regardless of age and also have a cheap bar tab. Not sure where we'd be able to do that, but I'd be up for it for sure.

Is everyone on the North Side? I'm in Lakeview myself, but the Hyde Park/Kenwood area has some nice parks by the lake. It is a little less accessible by public trans (would probably have to take the 6 or similar line)--but I would recommend Promontory Point (former U of C grad here).

If we do end up partying on the North Side, people are more than welcome to share a few drinks at my place and maybe play a few games (gf permitting, of course).

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']I believe it's walking distance to the Lawrence Red Line stop. It's definitely walking distance to a red line stop around there. Obviously I'll find out for sure if we were to go there. My cousin lives by there and introduced me to the place. I wonder if we couldn't even just take our own PS2 games. I'm sure they wouldn't care. It's a laid back place.

Also, that BYOBBBQ is a good idea. That way we could have everyone there regardless of age and also have a cheap bar tab. Not sure where we'd be able to do that, but I'd be up for it for sure.[/quote]

Anyone out there still in need of SF IV stickage should jet over to Fry's in Downer's Grove. There were 3 X360 and 8 PS3 SE Fightsticks available as of 9:00 this morning.

New clearance prices hit for all BBV NEW games. Here are the prices at my Local BBV in Roselle IL (630-307-7900). Notably rock band 2 for PS3 and X360.

WII:

All Star Cheer Squad 19.99
Blast Works 9.99
Bully Scholorship ed 19.99
Chronicles of Narnia 9.99
De Blob 19.99
Sing It 19.99
Dragonquest Swords 14.99
Guitar Hero Aerosmith(software only) 14.99
Guitar Hero World Tour(software) 24.99
Kung Fu Panda 14.99
Lego Indiana Jones 19.99
Madagascar 2 19.99
Mario Strikers Charged 14.99
Mario Super Sluggers 19.99
NCAA 09 Footbal 19.99
Ninja Reflex 9.99
Rock Band Track pack 9.99
Sega Superstars Tenis 9.99
Skate It 24.99
Spiderman: web of shadows 19.99
Super Mario Galaxy 24.99
Wall-e 14.99
Wii Music 39.99
Wonderworld Amusement park 14.99

Ps3:

Army of two 14.99
Assasins creed 9.99
Battlefield bad company 14.99
007 Bond Quantum of Solace 24.99
Burnout Paradise 19.99
The Club 14.99
Condemned 2 14.99
Conflict: Denied ops 19.99
Devil May Cry 4: 14.99
Enemy teritory Quake wars: 24.99
facebreaker 19.99
Fifa Street 3 9.99
fracture 9.99
Golden Axe: Beast Rider 24.99
Grand Theft auto IV 29.99
Grid 19.99
GT5 Prologue 19.99
Guitar Hero III WITH GUITAR 29.99
Guitar hero Aerosmith WITH GUITAR 29.99
Guitar hero aerosmith(software) 14.99
Guitar Hero world tour(guitar) 79.99
Haze 19.99
Heavenly Sword 19.99
Hot Shots Golf 19.99
Lair 9.99
Lego Batman 19.99
Lego Indiana Jones 19.99
Madden 09 45.99
MLB 2k8 9.99
NBA 2k8 9.99
NBA Ballers chosen one 9.99
NFL Tour 9.99
Pure 24.99
Resistance 2 49.99
Rock Band 2(software) 29.99
Rock band 2 BUNDLE 149
skate 14.99
Soul Caliber IV LIMITED EDITION 24.99
Spiderman web of shadows 24.99
Tom Clancy's rainbow six vegas 2 19.99
Tony Hawks Proving ground 4.99
Turning Point: Fall of LIberty 14.99
Turok 9.99
Viking 14.99
walle 14.99
wwe smackdown vs raw 2009 29.99

X360:

All Pro Football 9.99
Army of Two 14.99
Assasins Creed 14.99
Battlefield Bad Company 19.99
Blue Dragon 9.99
007 Quantum of Solace 24.99
Brothers in Arms 19.99
Burnout Paradise 19.99
Club 19.99
Condemned 2 14.99
Dark Sector 9.99
Deadliest Catch 14.99
Facebreaker 9.99
Guitar Hero 3(software) 4.99

Guitar Hero Aerosmith(Bundle) 29.99
Guitar Hero Aerosmith(soft) 19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour 49.99
Halo 3 SE 39.99
Lost Odyssee 25.99
Rock Band 2 BUNDLE 149.99
Tiger woods 09 24.99

[quote name='dragontet']The prices are good for at least all of Wisconsin/Illinois. I would assume the prices were good everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

This is an updated price list for the Roselle IL BB Center store (630-307-7900)
Alot of what they had was cleaned out, this is what is left. This time with NDS and Ps2

NDS:

$9.99
Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader
Disney Friends
High School Musical 2
Drawn To LIfe
Flash Focus
Babyz
Midnight Play Pack
Spongebob Atlantis Squarpants
Spore Creatures
cheetah girls
walle
Zoo Tycoon 2

$14.99
Rubiks World
Petz Dogz
Pokemon Mystry Dungeon
Petz Dog Fashion
My Weight Loss Coach
My Secret World
My Fashion Studio

$16.99
My Sims

$19.99
Guitar Hero On tour
Kirby Super Star
Lego Batman
Mario & Sonic at the olympics
Sim City: Creators

WII

$9.99
Blast Works
Chronicles of Narnia
Rock Band Track Pack
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis

$14.99
Wonderworld Amusement
Walle
Mario Strikers Charged
Kung Fu Panda
Guitar Hero Aerosmith(software)
Dragon Quest Swords

$19.99
All Star Cheer Squad
Bully: Scholarship
Sing It
Lego Indiana Jones
Madagascar 2
Mario Super Sluggers
NCAA 09 Football
Spiderman Web of Shadows

$24.99
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero On Tour(software)

PS2

Guitar Hero 3 BUNDLE 24.99
Guitar Hero World Tour 69.99
Madden 09 14.99
Rockband track pack 9.99
Spider-man friend or foe 9.99

ps3

$4.99
Tony Hawks proving ground

$9.99
Chronicles of Narnia
Fifa Street 3
fracture
MLB 2k8
nba ballers chosen one
nfl tour
turok
unreal tournament 3

$14.99
Viking
Turning Point
Skate
Heavenly Sword
Guitar Hero Aerosmith(soft)
Army of Two
Battlefield Bad Company
The Club
Condemned 2
Devil May Cry 4

$19.99
Burnout Paradise
Facebreaker
haze
MLB 08 the show
Rainbow Six Vegas 2

$24.99
Spiderman Web of shadows
Pure
Golden Axe Beast Rider
Enemy Teritory Quake Wars
Quantum of Solace

$29.99
Guitar Hero 3 bundle
GTA IV
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle
Metal Gear Solid 4
Mirrors Edge

Fallout 3 SE 39.99
Rockband 2 149
GH World Tour Guitar 79.99

X360

Guitar Hero 3

All Pro Football 2k8
Blue Dragon
Chronicles of Narnia
Dark Sector
Facebreaker
Lost Planet
MLB 2k8
Timeshift

$14.99
Walle
Viking
Turning Point
Merc 2
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
Deadliest Catch
Condemned 2

$19.99
Brothers in Arms
Burnout Paradise
Club
Grid

$24.99
Tiger Woods 09
Spider-man Web of Shadows
Soul Caliber 4
Quantum of Solace

OTHERS
Rockband 2 149
Halo 3 Collectors 39.99
Guitar Hero 3 and Aerosmith 29.99

I haven't really been following the Block Buster video game selling thing. So are they having a clearance sale on these games because they are now longer going to carry new games for sale or just to make some shelf space?

[quote name='jalopez86']I haven't really been following the Block Buster video game selling thing. So are they having a clearance sale on these games because they are now longer going to carry new games for sale or just to make some shelf space?[/quote]

Pre-going out of business sale most likely IMO. Here in Evanston I've already seen one BB close its doors. The BB financials point towards all their store shutting their doors by the end of the year. It will be interesting if congress decides to bail them out:roll:.

[quote name='52club']Pre-going out of business sale most likely IMO. Here in Evanston I've already seen one BB close its doors. The BB financials point towards all their store shutting their doors by the end of the year. It will be interesting if congress decides to bail them out:roll:.[/quote]

ha! BB means nothing to Congress. They'll be the last to get a bailout. The only reason AIG got a bailout was because they were actually important to our economy... BB had it coming, there have been better services out there for too long. They're just the next circuit city. See ya later. I know I won't be missing them, jumped off that sinking ship about ten years ago.

bread's done
Back