It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone want my Halo 3: Legendary Edition Cat Helmet w/stand?

Let me know or this thing is going in the trash tomorrow.

Anyone need a guitar controller? I have an Explorer and Les Paul controller that I'm looking to get rid of, free. I'm in Wicker Park.
PM or text (preferred) 773-33six-2zero97

Hey, C!ty, do you still have the Halo 3: Legendary Edition Helmet with stand?...:bouncy:

Hmm, the Explorer and Les Paul guitar controllers are for what console?...

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hey, C!ty, do you still have the Halo 3: Legendary Edition Helmet with stand?...:bouncy:

[/QUOTE]

I believe the Explorer was only released for the 360 (via GHII). I think I might be interested myself.

I've got a quick question: are there any stores in the area that regularly break street dates? There's videos suddenly going up of tons of people playing Black Ops and I want ittt. =(

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I've got a quick question: are there any stores in the area that regularly break street dates? There's videos suddenly going up of tons of people playing Black Ops and I want ittt. =([/QUOTE]

Most likely those are rips played on a modded console, I'm pretty sure Black Ops is on the torrent sites already.

[quote name='ceck3969']Most likely those are rips played on a modded console, I'm pretty sure Black Ops is on the torrent sites already.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Stores don't get games like that until the Friday before they release. Black Ops is definately a torrent rip right now if anything.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Does anyone know a local spot that repairs YLOD PS3s?[/QUOTE]

Chicago Gadgets Store
Service Department
4611 N. Kedzie Ave
Chicago IL, 60625
(773)463-9999

Anthony's Electronic Service
812 W Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 529-1788

Also, there's that Ignite Network place on Clybourn and Western. It's a gaming cafe sorta place, but it says PC repair on the sign outside. Not sure if they do PS3s as well. Here's their #(773) 404-7033.

You might be better off getting a new PS3. Sometimes those YLOD fixes can get pretty expensive.

[quote name='Blackout']You might be better off getting a new PS3. Sometimes those YLOD fixes can get pretty expensive.[/QUOTE]

$65- 89 isn't that bad to fix my 60gb, but I want my saves and stuff.

Date for the discussed Lesnar fight is this Saturday from 9-12. I plan on watching it no matter what either at a friends house, or possibly if something materializes here.

As far as the Tap Room goes, I saw 2 locations, one is 3010 N Lincoln Ave, the other is 1501 N Dayton Street. Not sure which one was the one hinted at. The one on Lincoln is like 4-5 blocks from my house, so I may be down with that. Don't know if there's a cover, I've never been there. I usually drink a couple blocks closer to the house, God knows there's enough places to go in this area.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']$65- 89 isn't that bad to fix my 60gb, but I want my saves and stuff.[/QUOTE]

That's not too bad then. I've seen a few repairs go into the $150 range.

Hey CAG's. The NBA season is right around the corner. I am an 11 game Bulls Ticket Plan owner. I was hoping to be able to go to all of them but money is a little tight so I need to sell some of them. All games come in sets of 2 tickets in the 300 level. I have 6 games right now that I'm willing to part with. I am selling these tickets at $55 each so $110 for a bundle. F.Y.I- Face value is $60-$70 so you are getting an awsome deal already. I only paid $50 a ticket because of the season ticket plan discount. I'm not looking to make a big profit here. Prices are firm and you have to buy both tickets for that game. Just trying to stay afloat and give CAG's a great time at a Bull's game.

All games start at 7:00 p.m as of right now.
December 1st (Wed.) vs. Orlando Magic- 307 Row 3 Seat- 7,8
December 4th (Sat.) vs. Houston Rockets- 307 Row 3 Seat- 5,6
December 6th (Mon.) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder- 307 Row 5 Seat 1,2
January 10th (Mon.) vs. Detroit Pistons- 307 Row 3 Seat 3,4
March 11th (Fri.) vs. Atlanta Hawks- 309 Row 1 Seat 13,14
April 5th (Tues.) vs. Phoenix Suns- 309 Row 1 Seat 15,16

This is easier for me to do because my only other option is Stubhub and Bulls Tix Exchange. They are great websites but this is will help us avoid any fees and hassle.

I have the option to either directly e-mail them to you or I can mail them to you in a greeting card if you prefer the actual tickets and not a printed version. I like in the suburbs so unless you live around the Mokena area, I can't make trips out due to my schedule.

^ Heh. That Reader article on it says they only do a show or two a year. Speaking of sexploitation, I've been meaning to catch a Windy City Rollers match for years now.

[quote name='ryosnk']We should go here for a Chicago cag funday.

www.thrillist.com/links/172915[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shieryda']Ummmmm. Hell, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='dfg']^ Heh. That Reader article on it says they only do a show or two a year. Speaking of sexploitation, I've been meaning to catch a Windy City Rollers match for years now.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know mudqueens still existed! I thought they disbanded in 2007? Good to see they are back!

Looks like I am in some of the pics too, but I am obstructed. ;)

[quote name='ryosnk']If anyone is interested, portage theater will be showing a double feature of army of darkness and the thing on Wednesday of this
week. I will be going so if interested let me know we can meet up.

http://www.portagetheater.org[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm 50/50 going, gotta see what's up with my sister, I'll PM you if I'm for sure.

Hit up Galloping Ghost again. I've got too much time on my hands I guess. Plus wanted to let my brother check it out. A friend of mine who came with broke the house record in Street Fighter II turbo and got his name posted above the machine. LOL, I knew he just had to have it. Don't remember if they had it the first time we all went, but they've got cards posted on every single machine with house record/world record. Surprised to see that quite a few world records have fallen at this very arcade already. Talked to Doc again. He apologized for not coming on CAG but I can understand, cause the guy's busy as hell. I told him we're interested in making another meet-up there sometime, but we don't have a date planned yet. He said the $5 off admission still stands for us. Also said to let him know if we want to plan any private tournaments for our group as well, or book any of the private rooms. As far as new games running, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Arctic Thunder 2 player link, Guilty Gear XX, Need for Speed Underground, and probably a few spot others. Said he got 7 new monitors in, so the priorities to fix soon will be NBA Jam and the Killer Instinct games. Sounds good to me. Let me know guys, I'm ready to do this again.

It's good to see the high scores sticking. I remember Doc said something about them having to reset the scores every night because they couldn't keep the machines on or something. I can't remember exactly.

Hey Everyone

I again hope to be on here more...just been really busy trying to get everything up and running still at the Galloping Ghost Arcade. We still do have to shut the machines off at night which loses some scores. I'm going to try to add battery packs to some games, so the scores will be retained, but that won't be for a little bit still. We do have all the high score cards on the machines, that we update daily.
We hope you all do come back soon, it was a lot fun last time you were out. Let me know a little bit in advance and I can set up some extra cool stuff for you guys. And definitely let me know if you guys have any suggestions...tournaments, specific arcade games ready or anything.

Thanks

Doc

Galloping Ghost Arcade

[quote name='Blackout']It's good to see the high scores sticking. I remember Doc said something about them having to reset the scores every night because they couldn't keep the machines on or something. I can't remember exactly.[/QUOTE]

Hey Doc,

Is the list of games pretty up to date on your site? Just want to check the status of the Time Soldiers and Heavy Barrel machines.

Hope to make it back out there soon!

Yes, the Game List was actually just updated yesterday. Heavy Barrel is up and running...Time Soldiers I have not gotten to that one yet. (Sorry)

Mrosnwo, it was cool seeing you again at the movies. I never been to video games live show but I just ordered the bluray version for 15 at amazon. If I like it I will plan on attending a future show.

[quote name='ryosnk']Mrosnwo, it was cool seeing you again at the movies. I never been to video games live show but I just ordered the bluray version for 15 at amazon. If I like it I will plan on attending a future show.[/QUOTE]

I watched the New Orleans show when it was featured on PBS a couple months ago. Liked the game music I recognized, but there was a lot less game video up on the monitors that I was interested in compared to the Final Fantasy show that rolled into town years back (save some trailers for StarCraft II & Halo?). The Mario & Zelda segments were probably the most iconic and well realized of the prepared audio + video combos... and the most nostalgic. Coulda used more Castlevania remix (and Streets of Rage techno?), but I guess that's what bands jamming on YouTube are for. In a similar vein, I would like to have seen the Star Wars video concert in person, but I'm not sure I would want to pay the hefty fee to attend.

I just wanna throw the date Saturday November 27 out there for a possible next meet-up/swap. 2 days after Thanksgiving, the day after Black Friday. Galloping Ghost or wherever else anyone wants to throw out there. Just getting a feeling for people's availability. I just think that or the week after could be good for trading coming off all the sales.

I am fairly broke but would be willing to trade for those headphones. Anything in particular that you would be interested in?

(I am in Lisle so I say that is local enough haha)

Can anyone come over to my house (Skokie) and do some Tekken 6 or Street Fighter 4 trophies for me? THis is really pissing me off and I'd really appreciate it, I WILL PAY YOU FOR EACH COMPLETED TROPHY (except the Platinum lol)

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hey, C!ty, do you still have the Halo 3: Legendary Edition Helmet with stand?...:bouncy:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do. I still haven't tossed it yet.

Non-game related but in the same vein as groupon, my uncle works for buyzooka.com. Same type of deal where they offer local discounts on a variety of things from restaurants to stores to tickets. I got in on the free admission to Brookfield Zoo one day. Shameless plug? Yeah, but it could help our cheapass community all the same.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I just wanna throw the date Saturday November 27 out there for a possible next meet-up/swap. 2 days after Thanksgiving, the day after Black Friday. Galloping Ghost or wherever else anyone wants to throw out there. Just getting a feeling for people's availability. I just think that or the week after could be good for trading coming off all the sales.[/QUOTE]

I would be available that Sunday Nov 28. if possible. Not in anyway trying to make it that date but i would be willing/available to meet up Sunday.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Sunday as long as it's after the Bears play. Sorry, but their record could be 0-10 and I think I'm still watching it. I'm a Cub fan so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment in that way.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I wouldn't be opposed to a Sunday as long as it's after the Bears play. Sorry, but their record could be 0-10 and I think I'm still watching it. I'm a Cub fan so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment in that way.[/QUOTE]

Believe me. You aren't alone there my friend.

bread's done
Back