It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in a complete RockSmith game for Xbox 360? Comes with the game, guitar wire and big box it all came in.

If anyone is interested in buying an Xbox 360 250GB bundle with five games, let me know. I'd let to sell it locally. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oh, nice, I'll be at Days of the Dead too, just not sure which day or days yet. I usually hit up Flashback Weekend every year cause it's the same time as Wizard World and directly across the street, but did my first Days show last year, and dug it. About twice the size of Flashback and some different guests.

Oh, nice, I'll be at Days of the Dead too, just not sure which day or days yet. I usually hit up Flashback Weekend every year cause it's the same time as Wizard World and directly across the street, but did my first Days show last year, and dug it. About twice the size of Flashback and some different guests.
This will be my first days. I loved flashback. I'm going Saturday cause its the longest day.

Has anyone been to the wrestling themed restaurant, Squared circle and If so how hard is it to get a table on PPv Sunday's?

Has anyone been to the wrestling themed restaurant, Squared circle and If so how hard is it to get a table on PPv Sunday's?
I've been there a few times. It can be pretty difficult to get a seat if you don't show up early.

Anyone going to chicago tardis? Its the 30th through dec 1st.

FYI, the Chicago Wal-Mart at 4626 West Diversey Ave. had three Zelda 3DS XL bundles for sale in the electronics dept. as of closing last night. Stopped in for some toilet paper and happened to stroll over to the games for the heck of it...

Not a deal, but I know this is going to be a popular/in demand item.

FYI, the Chicago Wal-Mart at 4626 West Diversey Ave. had three Zelda 3DS XL bundles for sale in the electronics dept. as of closing last night. Stopped in for some toilet paper and happened to stroll over to the games for the heck of it...

Not a deal, but I know this is going to be a popular/in demand item.
Do you remember how much this Zelda bundle was selling for? I'm in the hunt for wanting to get an XL, and if it's for a decent price, I don't mind taking the trip over to that store to get it. Have a friend who lives somewhat north of there(but not too far), so I don't mind a little detour over to that store.

I always way too often forget to post here, but when I was at the Peterson Target near Rosehill Cemetery 1-2 weeks ago, there were more games than usual in the clearance section. Good contrast to vs. what I'd noticed for most of 2013, where I had been seeing fewer clearanced games there vs. other Target locations. And unlike 2011 and 2012, when I'd been noticing more clearanced games there vs. 2013, when the amount of clearance games really plunged there for whatever reason. Also(though I'm very rarely that far north, and something makes me doubt I'll do a visit there before its last day), I know the Super Kmart in Round Lake Beach has its final day of business on Dec. 8th, so there might be some deals there. Plus I was told that the Homewood Super Kmart is closing too, for those in the south suburbs and NWI. Feel bad I missed the October Headquarters meetup, since I wouldn't mind meeting other local CAGs.

Guess I should do a quick intro for myself, since I saw another person did on the previous page. I live in Edgewater, and mainly do a lot of SNES/N64/GCN gaming, Genesis(gah I need to dig that out and play it again, been WAAAAAY too darn long since I last played it), PS1/2/3 gaming, and also DS/GBA/GBC/GB. Also one of those few North Siders who isn't afraid to say he roots for the White Sox! And is still a big fan of older Simpsons episodes(excluding last 10ish seasons, where I threw in the towel on watching Simpsons except for The Simpsons Movie, due to its decline in quality), to the point that I participate on a trivia team. Which is helping me to reacquaint with older Simpsons episodes I stopped watching for way too long. That's mainly it.

Went to South Pulaski and McKinley Park Target for the Zelda Bundle. Both scanned as in stock but couldn't/wouldn't find them for me. 

Pulaski has been exceptionally stingy with the bundle. They cleared them or sold them since Wednesday. I figured they were holding them for Black Friday but no. I was there Thursday close to the front of the line and they didn't have any out on panels or behind the glass. 

However, if your looking to get in early on the Luigi and Mario Limited edition XL they have three as of 8:30 am. They're behind the glass toward the back behind the vanilla XL.

Just want to add that the new Zelda for the 3DS is a 10. It's a brand new game, not a remake. 

It's a 10. If you've been on the fence about buying it, get in your car, drive over to the nearest store, and just put it on your credit card. Broke? doesn't matter. You'll be happy like an 12-year-old boy playing his SNES on a cold winter day. 

If you don't have a credit card I suggest holding the store up. 

Anyone in the suburbs looking for the M&L 3DS bundle at Target....the inventory checker is way off.  Surprise surprise.  The Glendale Heights location is supposed to have 4, don't exist.  Elgin is missing two....and Streamwood?  Well F%@! Streamwood; just calling them was painful. 

The good news is the guy at Glendale Heights was cool and said they have 24(!) scheduled to arrive sometime this week.  I decided not to chance it and went to the Bloomingdale Best Buy for a price match.  Easiest price match I've ever done, and they have a couple more.

I don't want to talk about the bears unless its of the bashing of Chris Conte. Who should not be in the NFL anyway. 

Other than that, its f***** cold today! 

This non stop snow is re-god-damned-diculous, I've shoveled my driveway 4 times in the last 24 hours or so... Anyway, a happy new years to all you CAGs.

Meijer in Aurora...back on the endcap between DVDs and office supply aisle they had some Xbox, Wii and PS3 games for $2.99.

Wii: some Bakugan game
Ps3: Kane and Lynch 2
Xbox: K&L 2, blood drive, Disney sing it

Nothing great but cheap. Lots of K&L, but kind of limited on the others

bread's done
Back