It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I was just at the Target in the Brickyard Mall (Diversey and Nagasarrant (?)) and they had three Wii systems left in stock. This was as of 11am on 11/10/07. This Target is pretty dead so you might still have a chance to nab one if you move fast.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Has anyone seen Grim Grimoire at any area BB's? I hear it is clearenced and would really like to pick it up cheap.[/QUOTE]

What is the clearance price?

Has anyone tried using a printed 20% off coupon at any KMarts? i want to pick up a PS3 game this week and getting some money off would be great. Can anyone confirm a printed coupon at any Chicago Kmart?

[quote name='raikouhou']Has anyone found any DDR Supernova or Taiko Drum Masters at any CHicagoland Circuit Citys?[/quote]

Why? Are they on clearance?

Has anyone tried using a printed 20% off coupon at any KMarts? i want to pick up a PS3 game this week and getting some money off would be great. Can anyone confirm a printed coupon at any Chicago Kmart?

I got denied at the one on Addison (not good on home electronics).

I'm coming to Chicago for a few days. Are there any good local shops I should check out for used games/cd's besides the two mentioned in the OP?

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I am told $20.[/QUOTE]

Hey I saw on at the melrose park bb and it ranged up $40.

Also, I was told that tru will stop taking preorders by later today for smg. So if your interested still call ahead.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey I saw on at the melrose park bb and it ranged up $40.

Also, I was told that tru will stop taking preorders by later today for smg. So if your interested still call ahead.[/QUOTE]

Yes, apparently the $20 is VERY YMMV. :(

[quote name='shieryda']

I got denied at the one on Addison (not good on home electronics).[/quote]

Damn that sucks. Hopefully at least one KM in the Chicago area takes it.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would someone be able to pick me up a mario galaxy w/gift card from tru? I'm going on vacation and I'm not sure where a tru is at on Miami and if I do decide to go to one, my wife would let me have it.

Thanks if anyone can.[/quote]

Do you still need a copy? I can pick up another one tomorrow when I go get mine. I checked the toysrus store locator and there seems to be several in Miami.

[quote name='phreak5k']Do you still need a copy? I can pick up another one tomorrow when I go get mine. I checked the toysrus store locator and there seems to be several in Miami.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I'll try and get one in miami if not I'll get it in the 2 get 1 free promo at tru. I'll also try to pricematch it at best buy. Thanks I appreciate it and if you need assistance on a game I can help.

[quote name='Blackout542']Has anyone tried using a printed 20% off coupon at any KMarts? i want to pick up a PS3 game this week and getting some money off would be great. Can anyone confirm a printed coupon at any Chicago Kmart?[/quote]

got an xbox 360 at the one on ashland and division by jewel the other day.

I was able to price match the tru smg at the niles best buy but they gave me a hard time when I got their but they said yes through the phone when i called earlier. $28 with the guitar hero 3 keychain.

[quote name='yoinksta']got an xbox 360 at the one on ashland and division by jewel the other day.[/quote]
Do they have any 360's left or any ps3's? And did you use a printout or original copy?

[quote name='yoinksta']i saw a halo edition and i think 2 ps3s but im not sure on the size of the hd. they accepted a printout.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the info! Did they give you any hassle?

Anyone hear of any stores in Illinois breaking the Rock Band street date, some people got the game (not demo, has pedal and all songs) and was wondering if anyone seen it. I didn't preorder the game and hoping I can pick it up Tuesday at Costco.

Are we going to have any meet ups soon? I think we should try and get something together since its been awhile and I would love to meet a bunch of you guys.

[quote name='Prepster']Are we going to have any meet ups soon? I think we should try and get something together since its been awhile and I would love to meet a bunch of you guys.[/quote]

Great idea. I was actually thinking about this last weekend, too. I don't have any games to trade, but I've got some guides. Plus, it would be fun to have a couple beers with you guys (assuming you're of age).

City or suburbs?

[quote name='shieryda']Great idea. I was actually thinking about this last weekend, too. I don't have any games to trade, but I've got some guides. Plus, it would be fun to have a couple beers with you guys (assuming you're of age).

City or suburbs?[/QUOTE]

I'm in for a meetup. We can have it at the harlem/addison bakers square (that where we had the second one at). Anything works but I cant do weekends since thats the only time i can spend time with the wife.

Which evening/weekend day is best for everyone? I know a couple of you guys work 2nd shift. I can pretty much do most nights after 7:30, or could probably do a Saturday/Sunday afternoon for a couple hours.

Baker's Square doesn't have games, but ESPN Zone and D&B do, if we want to do something like that. I could go for some pie, though.:drool:

I, unfortunately, always work second shift. And rarely have weekends off. I always have Mondays off, and sometimes Tuesdays. Though if it's planned far enough in advance (2 weeks), I could request any other day off.

And, I'd prefer we meet up in a place that serves alcohol. A few drinks helps to loosen people up so we can chat and shoot the shit easier. But I don't have anything against pie, though. I luvs me some sweet cherry pie.

Also, more info for those who didn't preorder Rock Band and want to get a copy at Costco, some stores aren't getting it Tuesday (Niles). And most of the ones that are expecting it, are only getting in 9(!) A few lucky stores are getting 18 (Glenview is one of 2-3 stores that will be). I'll be at the Lincoln Park Costco around 9:30 am if anyone wants to say hi. I'll be the hispanic guy with a black jacket and Bears hat on.

Is their any kb toy store that would have the buy 1 get 1 free promo on friday?

Also, what are your plans for fridays sales? I'm mostly going to best buy and try to price match a few ads if possible.

[quote name='ryosnk']Is their any kb toy store that would have the buy 1 get 1 free promo on friday?

Also, what are your plans for fridays sales? I'm mostly going to best buy and try to price match a few ads if possible.[/quote]

The one on Irving Park (near Six Corners) might. Only on portable games, though. They stopped carrying console games a while ago.

Also, I think the store at North Riverside Mall still has portable games, too.

Good luck pm'ing. A lot of stores won't do that on Black Friday. It's just too crazy, and they're considered clearance sales, so YMMV.

[quote name='shieryda']The one on Irving Park (near Six Corners) might. Only on portable games, though. They stopped carrying console games a while ago.

Also, I think the store at North Riverside Mall still has portable games, too.

Good luck pm'ing. A lot of stores won't do that on Black Friday. It's just too crazy, and they're considered clearance sales, so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='ryosnk']Is their any kb toy store that would have the buy 1 get 1 free promo on friday?

Also, what are your plans for fridays sales? I'm mostly going to best buy and try to price match a few ads if possible.[/QUOTE]

I'm camping out with a friend at Golf Best Buy in hopes of securing one of those fresh GH2 bundles with a 360 pickup. Its the most potent deal I've yet to see. Shall I expect any other company?

I decided to scrounge for Black Friday deals in the late afternoon today and was surprised to discover a few items people left on shelves most of the day.

At Best Buy: one Rock Band Special Edition box (I believe for the 360) just standing in the aisle of the media section. Gun (also for the 360) was out in the 360 aisle, but a handful of $4.99 copies remained in the 360 stand behind the games section.

At Target: I didn't shop here for games, but there were a few Imation 50-packs of CD-Rs still around for $4.99 as well as many copies of Virtua Tennis 3 for the 360 at $19.99. (Not a super deal for VT3, but I really enjoyed the game -- especially for multiplayer -- so I felt the need to mention it; it's with the other clearance games at the back of the games aisles.) Also spied one PS3 Rock Band set and four 360 Rock Band sets. Who knew there'd be so many on store shelves (I guess for Black Friday)?

Target 2-day prices should be good tomorrow, but I'm not so sure on the Best Buy ones. Hope everyone found what they were lookin' for.

Actually, I've been to so many Targets recently, I can't remember which one had a couple PS3 games clearanced. Sorry. They were on the south side, tho.

If anyone is looking for The Full Rock Band Bundle. The BB B&M store at Lincoln Park had a BIG stack when I went in there a few days ago. Jump on that if you want it. It's Located just south of Clark St and Diversey.

[quote name='ZenTrickster']If anyone is looking for The Full Rock Band Bundle. The BB B&M store at Lincoln Park had a BIG stack when I went in there a few days ago. Jump on that if you want it. It's Located just south of Clark St and Diversey.[/quote] SWEET! Thanks a million.
That's the one in the thing that looks like a strip mall, right, with a CC near it? I was thinking of going there tomorrow ...
[with a Borders near the train station, and ... err ... other ... stuff? Yeah. North and Clybourn stop? That's what I'm thinking. Though, maybe you're thinking of something else, I'll googlemap it.]
*edit*
Googlemap says you were talking ABOUT!:
2650 N Clark St
titleCase('CHICAGO')Chicago, titleCase('IL')IL titleCase('60614-1523')60614-1523
Phone: 773-388-2920
... dammit, that's far away. I've been there, I think. A friend lives near it. Well, they do have a massive pile though ... maybe I'll go do that after I get money for shit on eBay. Thanks for the heads-up anyways. Heh.

Any Sears in the area have clearance DS games? I haven't checked a Sears in a while because the last time I did, none of the clearance prices were ringing up for some games, but that was a couple months ago. I'm looking for Star Fox and Castlevania PoR, or any DS game that is midly appealing.

Hey, folks! At TARGET in STREAMWOOD, IL (Near Schaumburg) I saw TONY HAWK'S PROVING GROUND (SPECIAL EDITION) for XBOX 360 for only $29.95 on CLEARANCE!! WHA?!

I'm not sure if this is all Targets, but this is a pretty amazing deal if you even give a damn about this game!

I also saw DEF JAM ICON for 360 for $29.95, DOA XTREME 2 for $14.95, and DARK MIRROR for PS3 for $24.95.

I know, this isn't a great scoop, but interesting nonetheless!

CAG 4 LIFE!:bouncy:

[quote name='Blackout542']Any Sears in the area have clearance DS games? I haven't checked a Sears in a while because the last time I did, none of the clearance prices were ringing up for some games, but that was a couple months ago. I'm looking for Star Fox and Castlevania PoR, or any DS game that is midly appealing.[/quote]

Which other ones are you looking for? I need to run by Sears tonight, so I can check for you.

[quote name='shieryda']Which other ones are you looking for? I need to run by Sears tonight, so I can check for you.[/quote]

Aww shit, just saw the post, but I was looking for the above mentioned, or any of the Mario games, etc, anything good. Also stuff for the PSP. I really haven't followed the Sears clearance stuff since it is so random. If you see anything interesting, let me know ;)

In case anyone is interested, the Target at Addison Mall had an assload of the 360 CE of Tony Hawk, as well as the Ninja Turtle game for the Cube. There were also some other 360 games in the section, like Far Cry. Just a heads up.

[quote name='Blackout542']In case anyone is interested, the Target at Addison Mall had an assload of the 360 CE of Tony Hawk, as well as the Ninja Turtle game for the Cube. There were also some other 360 games in the section, like Far Cry. Just a heads up.[/quote]

Whatever is good that's left on Monday there.....shall be mine :)

The Target On Plainfield Road/Route 30 in Joliet, IL has a Shitload of Tony Hawk CE 360

It's hiding on an endcap a few aisles away from the game cases. Or on the opposite side of the checkout counter nearest the wall

bread's done
Back