It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Those shows aren't 21 and over are they?[/quote]

With Zanies it depends on the show, I think. I'd imagine a lot of them are 21 and over since they have a 2 drink minimum and they wouldn't want to miss out on that. It'd probably depend on who you go see.

Second City never has 21 and over shows. I've seen some really young kids go.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']With Zanies it depends on the show, I think. I'd imagine a lot of them are 21 and over since they have a 2 drink minimum and they wouldn't want to miss out on that. It'd probably depend on who you go see.

Second City never has 21 and over shows. I've seen some really young kids go.[/quote]

Ok cool. I'm gonna try to go to one this week.

Is case anyone is interested, the Gamecrazy on Central had several copies of :360: TNA Impact at $10. They also had Stranglehold, Ace Combat, etc (as part of the New Years ad).

[quote name='Blackout']Is case anyone is interested, the Gamecrazy on Central had several copies of :360: TNA Impact at $10. They also had Stranglehold, Ace Combat, etc (as part of the New Years ad).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was just about to ask that.

What about GTA IVs? I went to a Block Buster but they were out. They had the boxes out but when I took it up to the register the guy said they were out. Ohh and it wasn't marked 14.99. It was at 19.99 did they just not update the sticker?

If anyone is trying to score those 9.99 clearance games at Circuit City...don't even bother with the one at the HIP. They didn't have jack squat. Someone must have picked it clean early.

Has anyone tried to hit up the Toysrus after Christmas deals? Is there anything worth picking up? They have Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for 19.99 online. Would they match that price in-store?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blackout']Are there any good comedy clubs or spots for comedy in Chicago? I've always wanted to go to some but never have.[/QUOTE]

I intern at Second City, so I'm biased towards it...but it has a great legacy for a reason, as has been said. To clarify, the free improv sets are Tuesday-Sunday, not just weekends, and normally open for seating around 9:45. Both the Mainstage and the ETC stage (which is the one in Piper's Alley and is in no way secondary to the Mainstage in terms of quality, trust me) have free improv sets, so sample them both.

For great improv elsewhere, the other two big names in Chicago are iO and the Annoyance. iO specializes in the longform Harold format and also has a hell of a pedigree in terms of name performers coming out of there/coming back there. For instance, Tim Meadows from SNL is doing a run of Sunday night shows there right now Their site:
http://chicago.ioimprov.com

I'm not as well versed on the Annoyance just yet (still newish to the city), but you can check out the website here:
http://www.annoyanceproductions.com

Also, for more up and coming groups, check out the Playground, which is a local improv co-op theatre. They basically do anything and everything, as the place is run by the artists who perform there. Shameless plug, my group (The Able Bodied Chaperones) are going to be performing there on Jan 13...come check it out if you get a chance. Their site:
http://www.the-playground.com

Hope this helps a little!

It's almost 4:20...and I just drank my first beer of the day. There'll be more to come by the end of 2008. Now I just have to make a resolution about that 4:20 thing. I haven't smoked in months!

edit: Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm partying it up at the Wyndam Hotel downtown followed by some early 2009 club-hoppin'. What's everyone's plan tonight (which I'll probably read after recovering from a drunken stupor on Jan. 2)?

[quote name='Blackout']I'm selling Little Big Planet if anyone is interested. ;)[/quote]

Would you trade it for WWE:SvsR 2009?

[quote name='D_Icon']Would you trade it for WWE:SvsR 2009?[/quote]

No sorry. I need some cash quick.

Read on Slick Deals:

To celebrate its grand opening, Chipotle's newest is giving away a gratis fountain drink and burrito to anyone who shows up. 11am-7pm Today (1/8/09) at 2717 N Elston Ave, at Schubert; Logan Square; 773.661.0250

[quote name='chicagoz']Even when it's free, I'll pass. More for the rest of you. Thanks, though.[/quote]

It's so good, but yet so baaaaaaaaad. I'm on the toilet within 10 minutes after Chipotle.

[quote name='shieryda']It's so good, but yet so baaaaaaaaad. I'm on the toilet within 10 minutes after Chipotle.[/quote]

Haha nice. I've never had Chipotle..free food sounds great but the weather and bus fair kills the deal for me.

Where are all the deals? Geez! I tried going to my local Block Buster to snag some B1G1 action but the old lady was like "I'm saaaaaarrryyyy that ended last week." No more Gamefly year end sale. No more Game Crazy B1G1. I must have picked up around thirty games this holiday season. I think I'm just going through withdrawal.

[quote name='Blackout']Haha nice. I've never had Chipotle..free food sounds great but the weather and bus fair kills the deal for me.[/quote]

Chipotle is all right. I prefer Baja Fresh. Not only is the food better, IMO, I also get 5 frequent flier miles for every dollar I spend there. :D

[quote name='shieryda']It's so good, but yet so baaaaaaaaad. I'm on the toilet within 10 minutes after Chipotle.[/quote]

That's probably a function of how sanitary the workers are at the one you go to... unless it's across the board, in which case I'd recommend switching from spicy to mild. :lol:

I love Chipotle, and my Mexican-born wife does too, so I think that's saying something. I can't eat regular burritos (refried pinto, lettuce, tomato) any longer because of them.

And they're not owned by McDonald's any longer!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I gotta drive to United Center in this crap.[/quote]

Wow that sucks. :rofl:

I'm looking for the following games I included the price I'm willing to pay.

The World Ends with You DS-$25
Ninja Town DS-$15
Nuts and Bolts-Banjo..xbox 360-$20

PM if you are looking at selling of these thanks.

Have any of you guys tried Blockbuster/Gamestop flipping now that more Blockbusters in the area are selling games?

[quote name='Blackout']Have any of you guys tried Blockbuster/Gamestop flipping now that more Blockbusters in the area are selling games?[/QUOTE]
I got a bunch of shit from Block Buster's sale. I think I got around 16 or so games. However, most were ones I wanted and the rest well, for about 5 bucks what can I ask for. There are a ton of games for sale so if you're looking to flip 'em you should do decent. Hurry up though because I think today is the last day of the sale.

I thought Monday was the last day, not too sure. Flipping just seems like so much work though, unless it's for something huge and easy, it's too much legwork in this snow and cold. High temp for tomorrow? -1!!!

I got my hands on a couple of GTA4s (and a few other titles) to flip at my local BBV. Turned about 35 cash into 68 GS credit and got my 6 yr old a wireless guitar and the original Guitar Hero for her birthday with change to spare.

[quote name='Blackout']Stay warm guys. Cheap ass games aren't worth a cheap ass death! :cold::cold::cold:[/quote]

Indeed. It was -16 when I started my car, and -18 when I got to work this AM. fuck that noise.

[quote name='shieryda']Indeed. It was -16 when I started my car, and -18 when I got to work this AM. fuck that noise.[/quote]

I'm so glad I don't have classes today. Is that with the wind chill or base temp?

[quote name='Blackout']I'm so glad I don't have classes today. Is that with the wind chill or base temp?[/quote]

Base. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is.

CC is closing all remaining stores.:cry::bomb:

[quote name='shieryda']Base. I don't even want to know what the wind chill is.

CC is closing all remaining stores.:cry::bomb:[/quote]

Holy balls. Base? Damn.

I'm really pissed CC is closing all it's stores. They were the only store I could actually get clearance games at. I don't know where the rest of them are in Chicago, but I am definitely hitting them up one last time when they start the sale prices.

What's up fellas? I'm trying to hit up some Game Stops for the GB/GBC 75% off. I have noticed though, some Game Stops have a greater stock of GB/GBC games. Do you guys know which Game Stops have a healthy amount of GB/GBC games?

[quote name='ryosnk']Would anyone know of a place where I can do a data recovery for a hard drive?[/quote]
Try Micro Center but im not sure on there prices there.

Hey guys. Hope you are all managing to stay warm. Let me know if this isn't the place to post this, but I'm having no luck on Craig's list and want to trade or sell some stuff. Let me know if any of you guys are interested. I'm interested in Call of Duty: World at War and Little Big Planet.

New, Sealed games:
Resistance 2
GTAIV

Used games:
Prince of Persia
Lego Indiana Jones

I also have the following, minor games that I can trade pretty easily. Ninja Gaiden (Japanese version, but in English or Japanese), Conan, Heavenly Sword (still haven't beaten it, though, so need some time), Unreal Tournament 3,
Eventually I'll be done with Dead Space, too, if someone has a good trade for it, I'll hurry up and beat it.
Sorry for the schizophrenic post. Holler at me.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']Hey guys. Hope you are all managing to stay warm. Let me know if this isn't the place to post this, but I'm having no luck on Craig's list and want to trade or sell some stuff. Let me know if any of you guys are interested. I'm interested in Call of Duty: World at War and Little Big Planet.

New, Sealed games:
Resistance 2
GTAIV

Used games:
Prince of Persia
Lego Indiana Jones

I also have the following, minor games that I can trade pretty easily. Ninja Gaiden (Japanese version, but in English or Japanese), Conan, Heavenly Sword (still haven't beaten it, though, so need some time), Unreal Tournament 3,
Eventually I'll be done with Dead Space, too, if someone has a good trade for it, I'll hurry up and beat it.
Sorry for the schizophrenic post. Holler at me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, pm with prices for heavenly sword and resistance 2.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would anyone know of a place where I can do a data recovery for a hard drive?[/quote]

It's ridiculously expensive, from what I recall. Try the freezer trick, and a dock. I got one from MC for about 25 bucks.

[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']Hey guys. Hope you are all managing to stay warm. Let me know if this isn't the place to post this, but I'm having no luck on Craig's list and want to trade or sell some stuff. Let me know if any of you guys are interested. I'm interested in Call of Duty: World at War and Little Big Planet.

New, Sealed games:
Resistance 2
GTAIV

Used games:
Prince of Persia
Lego Indiana Jones

Sorry for the schizophrenic post. Holler at me.[/quote]

I assume these are all PS3 games, correct? Hope you're doing well, bro.

Anyone get a chance to swing by the 2 (?) remaining Circuit City's to check the deals? Games are 10-20% at other stores.

I just want the 1600 point cards.

bread's done
Back