It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I live in Chicago ...
hmmmmm ...
thread seems appropriate.
If I were to attend the meetup ... well, I wouldn't, because not only is the comic-con thing going on [whatever it's called], but I think I'm going to be driving to Iowa and back [long story short, I get a car out of it]. Other days are good though. And Gameworks is pretty awesome.
I went to the BBV at Six Corners [Irving/Milwalkee/Cicero] and they had Lock's Quest and Mercs 2. And Universe of War. Thought about it for a while but I didn't really want any of the games [BlazBlue and SC4 take up my dreams, now, since I already have Brutal Legend paid off at GS w/credit ... actually going to go buy them tonight, I think. Either that or jam out with a friend and then be told that electronic instruments don't mesh with folk. OR BOTH. I multitask!].

Anyone here from the Waukegan area (midway between chicago an milwaukee) want to get together and work as a team to help eachother get the good deals (i.e. $13 games at target, gamecrazy & other local stores)

I havent been able to find L4D around here, so I'm hoping someone else local could pick up an extra copy of a game when they see one and i'll do the same for them.

Went to the K-mart on Asland/Milwaukee and noticed a bunch of clearance tags. Looks like they might of marked a bunch of stuff down recently. I saw Rock Revolution box/bundle for $20 (PS3), a 360 vision cam, and some 360 and PS3 accessories mark down with green stickers.

[quote name='chi.bri']Went to the K-mart on Asland/Milwaukee and noticed a bunch of clearance tags. Looks like they might of marked a bunch of stuff down recently. I saw Rock Revolution box/bundle for $20 (PS3), a 360 vision cam, and some 360 and PS3 accessories mark down with green stickers.[/QUOTE]

GHII bundle is still 98.99... lol.

[quote name='ryosnk']What about meeting up sometime in September?[/QUOTE]

Yes, or just a different weekend in August. Could we do a poll to determine the best weekend?

Well, since we're having a tough time picking a real world meet-up date. How about a XBL Chicago CAG meet-up? I think an night of COD:WAW would be nice. Any takers?

[quote name='chi.bri']Well, since we're having a tough time picking a real world meet-up date. How about a XBL Chicago CAG meet-up? I think an night of COD:WAW would be nice. Any takers?[/QUOTE]

I'd participate if I played COD. Never played COD in my life.

Should I?

[quote name='chi.bri']Well, since we're having a tough time picking a real world meet-up date. How about a XBL Chicago CAG meet-up? I think an night of COD:WAW would be nice. Any takers?[/QUOTE]

I'm in. My gamertag is SNKRYO.

Yes. I'll be back next Tuesday.

[quote name='shieryda']Has anyone been to Hollywood Video for $4.99 games?[/QUOTE]

I found 2 decent games ( PS3 Bioshock and FEAR 2) at HWV in Indiana just over the border.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I found 2 decent games ( PS3 Bioshock and FEAR 2) at HWV in Indiana just over the border.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I haven't had a chance to get over to a store around here. Probably be a waste of gas/time at this point.

Sears at Six Corners has 5 or 6 of the Flip video cameras left at $65 or $68 (can't remember which). But, they are pink. Price is 50% off retail for a great camera, if you don't mind pink.

They also had 5 or 6 Eye of Judgements left, tagged at $30 each.

This is about the 3rd incarnation of some type of game store on Milwaukee in my hood. Maybe this one will survive.
The store had more CD's than used games, but they had games for most systems. Worth a visit if your near Wicker Park.
picture.php

The Exchange
Milwaukee Ave-Between Damen and Honore

[quote name='chi.bri']This is about the 3rd incarnation of some type of game store on Milwaukee in my hood. Maybe this one will survive.
The store had more CD's than used games, but they had games for most systems. Worth a visit if your near Wicker Park.
The Exchange
Milwaukee Ave-Between Damen and Honore[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'm going to be in the South Loop later this afternoon. Might be worth swinging by there just to take a look if nothing else.

[quote name='chi.bri']This is about the 3rd incarnation of some type of game store on Milwaukee in my hood. Maybe this one will survive.
picture.php

The Exchange

To let you guys know... I go here regularly and this store is awesome.

I was going to let it be my little secret lol...

picture.php

The Exchange

I went here for the first time today and boy, was it awesome!! They actually had 4 Sega CD titles for super cheap that I picked up. Definitely one of my new favorite stores!

Oh and btw, I'm new to the CAG forums. So, hello!

The Exchange

The Exchange is going to be there for awhile. It's not like previous used games stores like Disc Replay where prices are based on titles no matter how many copies they have. The Exchange's prices are based on inventory. I've picked up many good titles for $10, $8, or $5 over the years. I'm originally from Ohio and they ran their first store over 30 years ago in Akron, OH - home of LeBron James.:D They've grown all over NE Ohio and in the last 10 years opened 11 stores in the Pittsburgh area. The franchise has finally made it to Chicago, but a year late. They were suppose to open last Fall. I thought I would give this store some credibility for new CAG's who have never heard of it since I have benefited from them for so many years. It's a legit place that's going to be here for a while. It's actually Gamestop's biggest competitor in the NE Ohio area. I have found that sometimes you can find some really good PSX games for cheap. But some games are still overpriced like FFVII or anything by Square Enix or Atlus.

[quote name='AsianJedi']The Exchange is going to be there for awhile. It's not like previous used games stores like Disc Replay where prices are based on titles no matter how many copies they have. The Exchange's prices are based on inventory. I've picked up many good titles for $10, $8, or $5 over the years. I'm originally from Ohio and they ran their first store over 30 years ago in Akron, OH - home of LeBron James.:D They've grown all over NE Ohio and in the last 10 years opened 11 stores in the Pittsburgh area. The franchise has finally made it to Chicago, but a year late. They were suppose to open last Fall. I thought I would give this store some credibility for new CAG's who have never heard of it since I have benefited from them for so many years. It's a legit place that's going to be here for a while. It's actually Gamestop's biggest competitor in the NE Ohio area. I have found that sometimes you can find some really good PSX games for cheap. But some games are still overpriced like FFVII or anything by Square Enix or Atlus.[/QUOTE]

I just visited this store yesterday. Nice and clean, and the titles are well-organized. Check it out, people! I almost bought an Elvis action figure.

The HPB in Village Crossing has some rare-ish PS2 rpgs in the locked cabinet but some are bizarrely priced. The have a copy of Summoner for $125, The Bouncer for 25, Shadow of Destiny for 40. There was a copy of SMT Nocturne for $15 but it only has the soundtrack in there. Also, still a black label FF7 for 80.

[quote name='dfg']The HPB in Village Crossing has some rare-ish PS2 rpgs in the locked cabinet but some are bizarrely priced. The have a copy of Summoner for $125, The Bouncer for 25, Shadow of Destiny for 40. There was a copy of SMT Nocturne for $15 but it only has the soundtrack in there. Also, still a black label FF7 for 80.[/QUOTE]

I thought the black label FF7 was a ripoff at $50, less 30% e-mail coupon. Why would they increase the price when you can now get the game on the PSN for much, much less?

You may be right about that. I was thrown off by the Summoner price. Speaking of those coupons, I forgot to return/rebuy a guide I found at the Bloomingdale HPB (which has a large selection of gaming stuff) with the 50% coupon. It was only 8 bucks tho. I still need to get out to the Countryside one. Lastly, I think HPB gets the games that Big Lots gets in other states. 'Cause I've found jackshit at the closest BLs.

Went to the Best Buy on Elston and noticed a Manager's Special dump bin filled with games. Of note: Saint Row 2 and COD:WaW special editions. Prices were marked down 5-20 bucks depending on the game.

Schaumburg Best Buy has select PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PSP games 75% off. Also select DS and PS2 games for $5 each. Grabbed lots of good stuff.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Schaumburg Best Buy has select PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and PSP games 75% off. Also select DS and PS2 games for $5 each. Grabbed lots of good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could post a list of what you bought or saw?

[quote name='shieryda']Any chance you could post a list of what you bought or saw?[/QUOTE]

I bought a crap load of stuff. I got the last Socom PS3 bundle for $15, End War PS3 bundle for $23 + bunch more.

Some of the other things:

Patapon 2 - $5
Star Ocean (PSP) - $5
50 cent - around $10
Folklore - $15
Tomb Raider Underworld - $12 ish
Ninja Blade - $10
Shaun White - ?
Moto GP 08 - ?

Some of the prices are estimates up top. Most of the games did not have price stickers on them, so it's kinda hard to figure what 75% off of ??? is.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']I bought a crap load of stuff. I got the last Socom PS3 bundle for $15, End War PS3 bundle for $23 + bunch more.

Some of the other things:

Patapon 2 - $5
Star Ocean (PSP) - $5
50 cent - around $10
Folklore - $15
Tomb Raider Underworld - $12 ish
Ninja Blade - $10
Shaun White - ?
Moto GP 08 - ?

Some of the prices are estimates up top. Most of the games did not have price stickers on them, so it's kinda hard to figure what 75% off of ??? is.[/QUOTE]

Those are good prices. Maybe next time I'm around that best buy I will go in to check out. Hey slowdive I'm going to comic con and thanks for the discount code.

If I buy the e-tickets online now, will I still have to wait in line to get that badge they make everyone wear? I have a feeling I do...

Oh, I'm going early Saturday to check out the costume contest.

[quote name='chicagoz']If I buy the e-tickets online now, will I still have to wait in line to get that badge they make everyone wear? I have a feeling I do...[/QUOTE]

I am assuming so. I preordered tickets 2 months ago and I am a little upset that I didn't get the badges like the last couple of years. It was great to have those badges when you walked in and you didn't have to wait in line.

Wish I could go... can anyone get me an Andrei Arlovski autograph? He's supposed to be at the con giving free autographs, I'd appreciate if anyone could get me one. I can send some paypal for shipping and your efforts. =)

[quote name='ryosnk']I'm going on saturday. If anyone wants to say wassup let me know we can meet up on the con.[/QUOTE]

I went Saturday but forgot to let you know! Sorry.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Wish I could go... can anyone get me an Andrei Arlovski autograph? He's supposed to be at the con giving free autographs, I'd appreciate if anyone could get me one. I can send some paypal for shipping and your efforts. =)[/QUOTE]

I didn't see Arlovski. Sorry.

ello all.

I'm a retired game collector from out by aurora. retired being I stopped collecting not that I walk with a cane and a limp (yet)

I've been browsing these boards for a while now and recently joined up and started posting. Just wanted to say whats up in the Chicago thread.

:nate:

bread's done
Back