It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I will be leaving Chicago proper for the suburbs (*sob*) next month so maybe I can bring some stuff to trade or give away at the next meet-up.

Isn't school starting for a bunch of people. Even my 28 year old ass is starting school in a couple weeks. Let's just pick this or next week and whoever shows up shows up.

[quote name='shieryda']The ODST bus will be at the Brickyard Gamestop on Sept. 11.

Let's all meet up there and hang out. Not sure the time yet.[/QUOTE]
Really, sounds interesting even tho i have no money for the game.

Hmm, it doesn't matter if you have no money, Halo 3: ODST won't be released until September 22. I might go and bring my 13 year old cousin, he loves everything Halo...:D

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, it doesn't matter if you have no money, Halo 3: ODST won't be released until September 22. I might go and bring my 13 year old cousin, he loves everything Halo...:D[/QUOTE]
even better.

Hmm, I'm hoping for free swag as well. I'm sure will be able to at least play Halo 3: ODST on that day. I wonder what time the ODST bus will be at the Brickyard GameStop?...

Here's the 411 on the ODST Tour Bus:

Date: 9/11
Location: The Brickyard S/C - Gamestop 6451 W. Diversey Avenue, #G-9 Chicago IL 60707
Time: 12pm - 8pm

* Be the first to play ODST FireFight Mode on 8 XB360 Stations
* Tour an actual custom / retrofitted Halo ODST Transport Truck
* Win an exclusive 2" Halo ODST Trophy Helmet by McFarlane Toys

[quote name='Estebon']Bestbuy in Burbank is already selling the PS3 Slim for you guys interested.[/QUOTE]

So is the North Ave Best Buy. They have some interesting packages.

One is buy a 80GB PS3 (which the rep said they have quite a bit as of Thursday) you get it for $250 IF you buy:
2 games (There are some cheap games there.)
2 accessories (They sell ps3 usb cables for $12. You MIGHT be able to count PSN cards as those 2 accessories.)

There was some other deal if you buy a PS3 you can get 4 games for $60 from a selected list of about 20 games which included SOCOM w/ headset, endwar (no headset), some EA sports games I think. It was a decent list. Think you may need to get 2 accessories. BTW, this store has blue dualshocks.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Here's the 411 on the ODST Tour Bus:

Date: 9/11
Location: The Brickyard S/C - Gamestop 6451 W. Diversey Avenue, #G-9 Chicago IL 60707
Time: 12pm - 8pm

* Be the first to play ODST FireFight Mode on 8 XB360 Stations
* Tour an actual custom / retrofitted Halo ODST Transport Truck
* Win an exclusive 2" Halo ODST Trophy Helmet by McFarlane Toys[/QUOTE]

Nice. Hope to see you all there. But, let's try and set aside a 2-hour block so that nobody is there for 8 hours straight. Unless you REALLY like ODST.

That cool info on the odst bus since being at the gamestop brickyard being that I'm like a few blocks away. I will be their. Also, let still hang out and maybe go eat at mcdonalds afterwards.

Not a big fan of the newly remodeled Brickyard Gamestop. I mean the store itself now looks more spacious and nicely organized but the employees = failure. The former employees of EB Games or the ones that used to work at that very store are nowhere to be seen.

Now they have some employees that look like football team rejects, lol. This is how it went for me when I took in four games to do the 20% power trade towards Batman AA:

Me: Walked in
GSE#1: Hi how are you? Can I help you find anything?
Me: No thanks. I'm just going to look around and then trade these games in.
GSE#1: If you need anything, let me know.

Me: Browsing 360 section.
GSE#2: You know, you should really pre-order Halo ODST. That game is going to be hot plus the tour bus is going to be here Sep. 11.
Me: Sorry but I'm not into Halo.
GSE#2: (Surprised) What are you serious?
Me: Yep.
GSE#2: Wow.
Me: Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes Halo.
GSE#2: *Shrugs*

Me: Goes to counter with games to trade in.
GSE#1: Proceeds to scan them and give me my total trade in credit.
Me: I mention the 20% trade in credit towards the purchase of Batman AA.
GSE#1: I think that promo ended.
Me: Negative. I checked the GS website before I left the house and its still going on. It also applies to Halo ODST and COD Modern Warfare 2.
GSE#1: *Checks around to see if he finds promo sheet with said info. Finally finds it*
GSE#1: Did you want that for the 360 or PS3?
Me: 360 please.
GSE#1: Oh but you know that you won't get to play as Joker right? And playing with Joker is sick.
Me: Nah I don't really care for it since its just the challenge room where you can play as Joker. Besides I'm sure that eventually it will be available as DLC at some point.
GSE#1: Oh no no no no. There is NO WAY that its coming to the 360.
GSE#2: He's right. Sony paid for that exclusivity. That's the reason the game got delayed.
Me: Well I also remember when Darth Vader was exclusive to SC4 for the PS3 and that it was never going to be able to make it to the 360. But of course now it is. Anyways I'm just interested in the main game.
GSE#2: You're just probably interested in the achievements.
Me: Nope. I just simply have fewer games on the 360 than on the PS3 so I was looking to expand my 360 collection a bit.
GSE#1: That's ok. There aren't that many good games for the 360 anyways. You might just get the RROD just by turning on the system.
Me: *Was going to argue that the 360 has great games and that the RROD is not that big of a problem anymore but decided against it*
GSE#1: That'll be $12.18.
Me: Hands him $13 and notices that its a gutted copy. I ask for a NEW SEALED copy.
GSE#2: Unless you pre-order, you won't be getting sealed copies here anymore. All copies after pre-orders are all gutted.
Me: Alright. I guess I won't be buying games here anymore.
GSE#1: Why? Gutted games are as good as new.
Me: But its not new if its already opened.
GSE#1: That's your opinion sir.
Me: Indeed.
GSE#1: Here's your change. Have a good day.
Me: Thanks. Walked out.

From now on I'll go to the GS by Norridge instead. New sealed games and the employees are cool and knowledgeable.

[quote name='CAG 79']Not a big fan of the newly remodeled Brickyard Gamestop. I mean the store itself now looks more spacious and nicely organized but the employees = failure. The former employees of EB Games or the ones that used to work at that very store are nowhere to be seen.

Now they have some employees that look like football team rejects, lol. This is how it went for me when I took in four games to do the 20% power trade towards Batman AA:

From now on I'll go to the GS by Norridge instead. New sealed games and the employees are cool and knowledgeable.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, man. Another reason to avoid Gamestop. Their definition of new games is absurd.

On another note, Sears at Six Corners has several 360 Vision Cams (probably 10) for $4.97 each. The Flip cameras mysteriously reappeared from the backroom, too ($46.97 each - 5 pink and 1 white).

Also saw 2-3 PS2 memory card 2-packs for $4.97 each.

Yeah CAG 79, the previous workers at gamestop and eb stores at the brickyard were not that annoying and helpful. I went to the brickyard store to check it out and the guys keep bugging that I should preorder halo and cod since they already have millions of preorders that those games are hot. I was not thanks and he notice that I had sonic ultimate collection on my hand and the guy was like you rather buy that then use that money for the preorders and I just looked at him and started laughing and told him that this is the last time I'm not interested on the preorders to please stop telling me about it. They were idiots a few minutes later two clerks started dancing in the middle in the store and once I saw that I left the games and walked out.

All you pimps should shop at the Six Corners Gamestop. Great store and cool employees. I never had any problems there. The guys that work there are laid back and you can shoot the breeze with them. They don't dick around and shove new games down your throat. I've heard the Brickyard GS is nice but I don't have time to deal with Halo douchebags telling me what I should buy or not buy. Sounds like a lame store now.

[quote name='Blackout']All you pimps should shop at the Six Corners Gamestop. Great store and cool employees. I never had any problems there. The guys that work there are laid back and you can shoot the breeze with them. They don't dick around and shove new games down your throat. I've heard the Brickyard GS is nice but I don't have time to deal with Halo douchebags telling me what I should buy or not buy. Sounds like a lame store now.[/QUOTE]

And they have a water fountain and a bathroom!

There's some lady named "Megan" (She isn't a Fox either lol) at the GameStop in Burbank. She has no idea what she is doing. She tries to sell every damn game in the store. "Do you want to pre-order ODST? How about MW2? What about Madden? Beatles? GH5?" She would not stop. She is annoying!

Also, some lady charged me for a "free" edge card there. [I traded in about $100 in games, she said I would get it for free. She used it on that order, therefor if I wanted to say she charged me for it, she would say "you would already used it"]

Make sure you don't get charged for anything "free" there. And let me know if you run into "Megan". She has glasses and looks really nerdy. She wears granny clothes too.

Hmm, has anyone seen any copies of X Blade for the Xbox 360 at Best Buy? I hear the game is free with a coupon for Reward Zone members only...:whistle2:$

Did anyone go visit the ODST truck at the Brickyard last Friday? I wasn't able to get over there.

HIP had 1 copy of X-Blades yesterday, according to the store look-up.

The BB in Evanston put Fuel for both 360 and PS3 on clearance for $20. Unfortunately, the games ring up in the system at their old price ($39.99/$49.99), requiring a manager override of the price. That rules out using the $20 off coupon for the PS3 version. I picked one up but will probably return it.

[quote name='Svengoolie']So are we allowed to talk about deals in the 'burbs here, or is it strictly city only?[/QUOTE]

Talk about whatever you want. We are pretty laid back in this thread. What deals did you find? :)

[quote name='dxbrbnk']There's some lady named "Megan" (She isn't a Fox either lol) at the GameStop in Burbank. She has no idea what she is doing. She tries to sell every damn game in the store. "Do you want to pre-order ODST? How about MW2? What about Madden? Beatles? GH5?" She would not stop. She is annoying!

Also, some lady charged me for a "free" edge card there. [I traded in about $100 in games, she said I would get it for free. She used it on that order, therefor if I wanted to say she charged me for it, she would say "you would already used it"]

Make sure you don't get charged for anything "free" there. And let me know if you run into "Megan". She has glasses and looks really nerdy. She wears granny clothes too.[/QUOTE]

I think I know who you are talking about. Is that the one on Harlem? I haven't seen her at that one in a long time. The only workers I ever see there are a nice black lady and this dude Jeremy, they seem alright.

Hey guys was anybody able to get the Halo ODST preorder bonuses at any Toys r us in the city. I went to the one on western (early I might add) and they where all out of pre orders cards. The manager gave me the only option of coming in on the release date and hope there would be extras. Went to the one on Niles and same story.

The BestBuy store near North Riverside Mall (harlem & cermak) is offering a $15 off discount on any PS3 accessory with an PS3 Slim System purchase. They also have a rack of $9.99 games, but the selection sux.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']The BestBuy store near North Riverside Mall (harlem & cermak) is offering a $15 off discount on any PS3 accessory with an PS3 Slim System purchase. They also have a rack of $9.99 games, but the selection sux.[/QUOTE]

Did you check for penny guides (ie- did you "grab them shits")?

[quote name='shieryda']Did you check for penny guides (ie- did you "grab them shits")?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no luck. The employees there are usually always on the ball (or greedy selfish bums...j/k).

Update: My friend in the city also visited both the South Loop and North Ave. location to report back empty-handed...man, this is really depressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']Did you check for penny guides (ie- did you "grab them shits")?[/QUOTE]

North Riverside had one opened copy of Mirrors Edge, and 2-3 left of Fire Emblem, and I think 1 POP.

Ford City/Burbank had a couple of Mirrors Edge, Pikmin, and a messed up POP.

Melrose had Pikmin, MGS4, Sonic Unleashed, and 1 POP.

87th and dan ryan has jack shit.

This was as of yesterday.

I cannot find the RE5 LE anywhere.

Orland Park had a mess load.

Multiple pikmins, Fire emblems, POPLE, LOTR Conquest, Mirrors Edge, Sonic.

Everything but fucking RE5LE.

[quote name='CAG 79']Coming soon to the Brickyard right where EB Games used to be:

http://www.playntrade.com/[/QUOTE]

Nice! I've always wanted to check that place out. When is it opening?

The hell happened to EB Games though?

[quote name='Estebon']Orland Park had a mess load.

Multiple pikmins, Fire emblems, POPLE, LOTR Conquest, Mirrors Edge, Sonic.

Everything but fucking RE5LE.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I should have went there. I may have 3 RE: CEs waiting for me in indiana.

[quote name='Blackout']Nice! I've always wanted to check that place out. When is it opening?

The hell happened to EB Games though?[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the one in Burbank, IL. They closed the EB Games because there is a GameStop a couple blocks away (Like 4 blocks)

And the Play N Trade in Burbank isn't open yet either. They said they will be open this Monday at 10 am.

Hey Mike here. I live in West Lawn. I've almost never posted on CheapAssGamer, but follow the podcast immensely.

Are we allowed to post things for sell besides video games, if not a post stating so/pm will get me to change this.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in buying Dragon Ball Manga 1-7. They are in good condition with minor scratches/bends on SOME.

I'm also interested in selling some 2003-2004 Maxims for dirt cheap. The quality varies on each, they aren't perfect condition... at all........

I just really want to get this shit out of my closet, and maybe make some pocket change of it.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back