It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amerijapoxicano']I'm going to hunker down and play video games (even more) like karaaazy. I've got the great Battlefield 2 Beta, the MAG Beta, Trine, Mirror's Edge (I know, I know), Godfather II, and a bunch of other stuff that needs platinum-ing.

I've got to start saving money and sitting at home playing video games all day with the weather for an excuse sounds pretty good to me.

By the way, I'm still planning on having people over sometime soon, but my Sony LCoS tv is F-ed up and shows everything with a green hue. Now Sony has to pay to fix it. Hopefully I'll be able to host something by mid-January.[/QUOTE]

was just posting about a get together in the burbs forum, that sounds awesome

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']was just posting about a get together in the burbs forum, that sounds awesome[/QUOTE]

There's a separate 'burbs forum?

[quote name='shieryda']There's a separate 'burbs forum?[/QUOTE]

well I shouldn't really say forum. There is a chicago suburbs group, and in that, there is a wall of sorts where you can post messages.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']well I shouldn't really say forum. There is a chicago suburbs group, and in that, there is a wall of sorts where you can post messages.[/QUOTE]

What! We should have a paint ball match. Chicago CAGs vs. Burbs CAGs.

[quote name='chi.bri']What! We should have a paint ball match. Chicago CAGs vs. Burbs CAGs.[/QUOTE]

That would be funny. We should see if Cheapy will sponsor the first CAG paintball competition.

[quote name='slowdive21']That would be funny. We should see if Cheapy will sponsor the first CAG paintball competition.[/QUOTE]

I smell a big youtube hit in the making.

Man the new theater improvements at the Century made Avatar incredible in 3D. I give the movie a 9.2 out of 10. A highly entertaining 2 hours and 40 minutes. Of course buying Torchlight for $10 was a better value.

Do any of the Hollywood Videos in Chicago sell games now that their Gamecrazy store has closed down?

All the Chicagoland GC's closed for good now?

[quote name='shieryda']Tap Room again this Saturday for UFC. Be there, or be square.
Just kidding. I know the young 'uns can't join us.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed this. Got the message late, too. Cell phone was fuct for about a week till I recently got a replacement.

No, the one on Clark north of Peterson is still open as far as I know. The HWV down near the Century doesn't have a GC with it, right? Do they have those crazy non-GC promotions like in that thread?

[quote name='dfg']No, the one on Clark north of Peterson is still open as far as I know. The HWV down near the Century doesn't have a GC with it, right? Do they have those crazy non-GC promotions like in that thread?[/QUOTE]

Broadway (near Clark and Diversey) has closed.

Hello other Chicago people. Nice to meet you.

At target on elston by western today they had about 40 copies of platinum hits version assassins creed and five copies of platinum Lego star wars for five bucks a pop.

[quote name='itchyeyeball']Hello other Chicago people. Nice to meet you.

At target on elston by western today they had about 40 copies of platinum hits version assassins creed and five copies of platinum Lego star wars for five bucks a pop.[/QUOTE]

Will try for AC at another store. Worth it for $5.:D

[quote name='shieryda']Will try for AC at another store. Worth it for $5.:D[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't think I'd even pay $10 for a used copy - maybe for a new copy.

[quote name='itchyeyeball']Hello other Chicago people. Nice to meet you.

At target on elston by western today they had about 40 copies of platinum hits version assassins creed and five copies of platinum Lego star wars for five bucks a pop.[/QUOTE]

Came from there tonight and they were cleaned out of them. Don't know if others bought them cuz of the web coupon or if a hoarder came and cleaned them out cuz they were only $5. Bummer.

[quote name='shieryda']Broadway (near Clark and Diversey) has closed.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I remember a few months ago cross-checking the Store Locater on both the HWV and GC websites to find a HWV that didn't have a GC attached, and I thought C&D was the only one on the north side. Ah well.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

Well, there is one more GC on the North Side & that's at Clark & Granville, between Peterson & Devon. I picked up SCIV there for the PS3 for 10 bucks the other day. Merry Christmas, y'all!

[quote name='Blackout']Any of you planning to get some free games at Best Buy tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
What free games? I'm always interested in free games.

I know this is way early but wizardworld.com has a decent deal for this years comic-con.
http://www.wizardworld.com/chicago.html

You can get a 4 day pass if you buy a 2 year sub for $56 or get a 1 anyday pass for a 1 year subscription.

I know wizard magazine is as thin as the Chicago Red Eye these days but with this its like getting a free subscription for the price of the tickets.

[quote name='bobo2k4'] I know wizard magazine is as thin as the Chicago Red Eye these days but with this its like getting a free subscription for the price of the tickets.[/QUOTE]

I really don't like Wizards new format. They should have left it the way it was and just changed the look of it! :roll:

[quote name='bobo2k4']I know this is way early but wizardworld.com has a decent deal for this years comic-con.
http://www.wizardworld.com/chicago.html

You can get a 4 day pass if you buy a 2 year sub for $56 or get a 1 anyday pass for a 1 year subscription.

I know wizard magazine is as thin as the Chicago Red Eye these days but with this its like getting a free subscription for the price of the tickets.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the deal info.

It should be noted the major labels DC, Marvel, Darkhorse will not be at wizard world again this year. But it is a good deal if you just want to go.

C2E2 is the future:

You save $5 if you buy your tix before 12/31

http://www.c2e2.com

They have all the majors as well as Mattel. They are also working on Hasbro, but I don't think they will be added.

[quote name='slowdive21']It should be noted the major labels DC, Marvel, Darkhorse will not be at wizard world again this year. But it is a good deal if you just want to go.

C2E2 is the future:

They have all the majors as well as Mattel. They are also working on Hasbro, but I don't think they will be added.[/QUOTE]

Wow I have never heard of this.

I think I have a plans for that weekend.

[quote name='slowdive21']It should be noted the major labels DC, Marvel, Darkhorse will not be at wizard world again this year. But it is a good deal if you just want to go.

C2E2 is the future:

They have all the majors as well as Mattel. They are also working on Hasbro, but I don't think they will be added.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I didn't even notice that they weren't there this year. I usually just float around looking for trade paperbacks and whatnot. I'll probably still try to make it though.

Looks like I'll have to check out this c2e2 thing. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='slowdive21']It should be noted the major labels DC, Marvel, Darkhorse will not be at wizard world again this year. But it is a good deal if you just want to go.[/QUOTE]

WHAT??? Really??? I guess it's no big deal cause there's lots to see but that's surprising. Guess it's not a big deal that I missed it. I suppose Chicago is not good enough for them, LOL!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='sweepy76']WHAT??? Really??? I guess it's no big deal cause there's lots to see but that's surprising. Guess it's not a big deal that I missed it. I suppose Chicago is not good enough for them, LOL!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

It was actually a falling out between the majors and wizard. There were also a lot of problems with the guests not getting their airfare paid for, hotels, etc. Wizard is restructuring since they had so many complaints not only at the conventions, but for their online store. I used to buy at a discount from them, but they always messed up my orders, double charged me, etc.

BTW I have a lot of wizard 1/2s, toyfare exclusives and other wizard related stuff if you guys would like to trade for them. ;)

Just so you guys know this is the first c2e2, it will be at McCormick Place, and it was created by the same people that do the New York Comiccon :bouncy:

I fixed my link:

http://www.chicagocomicandentertainmentexpo.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=4764&appname=100610

FYE at the HIP is going out of business. They'll be open another 2 days. They still have plenty of games, but a lot of it is overpriced. Everything in the store is 50-70% off. It's worth checking out. I got some CDs on the cheap.

[quote name='mousebites']Did they have anything that stands out? I may check out fye for a few CD's.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're into so you have to see for yourself. Lots of Anime dvds/books left as of yesterday. Tons of DVDs. Good amount of TV show DVD sets. Some decent games for 360, PS3, and PSP.

[quote name='Blackout']FYE at the HIP is going out of business. They'll be open another 2 days. They still have plenty of games, but a lot of it is overpriced. Everything in the store is 50-70% off. It's worth checking out. I got some CDs on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

The FYE in River Forest at Lake and Harlem is also closing--not sure when. Grabbed the 12 month messenger kit with chatpad, headset, and PGR4 for under 40 bucks.

I was going to take advantage of FYE's b1g1 free tv boxed sets for xmas but ultimately passed.

I CAUSED THEIR DEMISE! *weeps*

[quote name='itchyeyeball']The FYE in River Forest at Lake and Harlem is also closing--not sure when. Grabbed the 12 month messenger kit with chatpad, headset, and PGR4 for under 40 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's a good deal even though I already have PGR4 and I don't really need another headset. The Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack is definitely worth $40!!!...

Do you know how many 12 month kits were still in stock?...;)

Hey guys, I'm saying goodbye to the windy city and wanted to get rid of a few items, let me know if you're interested in these:

:ps2: Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80s (w/ 2 guitars) - $50
:360: Guitar Hero 2 & 3 (1 wired, 1 wireless guitar) - $75
Cobalt Flux DDR Pad - $225

Is anyone going to the midnight launch for Mass Effect 2 at the Six Corners Gamestop?

[quote name='Blackout']Is anyone going to the midnight launch for Mass Effect 2 at the Six Corners Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is doing a Mass Effect 2 launch. I didn't think that RPG's were ideal for midnight launches. I love RPG's and ME but midnight launches are generally for Madden, GTA, and shooters/fighters.

I have Buzz for PS3 with the 4 buzzers and want to get 4 additional buzz controllers. I assume I will have to get a set with another game. The other option is getting a ps2 game with the 4 wired buzzers. Of course this is all contingent on the price. I got my Buzz Quiz TV set thanks to someone posting a Sears deal on this thread for $25. So my price point on the buzzers is $15 and under. Anyone see what I'm looking for? Or have any advice?

[quote name='Josh5890']Gamestop is doing a Mass Effect 2 launch. I didn't think that RPG's were ideal for midnight launches. I love RPG's and ME but midnight launches are generally for Madden, GTA, and shooters/fighters.[/QUOTE]

Well, ME2 is a big time 360 exclusive, so it's not completely crazy they would do one.

[quote name='phreak5k']Hey guys, I'm saying goodbye to the windy city and wanted to get rid of a few items, let me know if you're interested in these:

:ps2: Guitar Hero 1, 2, 80s (w/ 2 guitars) - $50
:360: Guitar Hero 2 & 3 (1 wired, 1 wireless guitar) - $75
Cobalt Flux DDR Pad - $225[/QUOTE]

Where you going? Traitor! LOL kidding...

[quote name='chicagoz']Where you going? Traitor! LOL kidding...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I have to move out to LA, so this will be my last terrible winter for a while.

Totally not a video game deal, but I figure we all like to save money when possible...

At 'Chicagoland area' Wendy's right now you can get a Frosty keychain for a buck. Not only does the dollar go to charity, but it allows you for the rest of 2010 to get a free Jr Frosty with any purchase. Picked up one today and intend to use the hell out of it all summer long.

[quote name='itchyeyeball']Totally not a video game deal, but I figure we all like to save money when possible...

At 'Chicagoland area' Wendy's right now you can get a Frosty keychain for a buck. Not only does the dollar go to charity, but it allows you for the rest of 2010 to get a free Jr Frosty with any purchase. Picked up one today and intend to use the hell out of it all summer long.[/QUOTE]

Wow, now this is a cheap ass deal. Thanks man

Was at Ogilvie station killing some time before getting on my train when I noticed the electronic store there (on top level right by the tracks) was going out of business. I walked in there and almost everything was 70% off--picked up half minute hero box set for like 10 bucks, silent hill homecoming for 360 for 4 bucks and change--they had a lot of other games but didn't go too crazy. they also had those snoop dogg skullcandy headphones for 70% off. they had quite a few pairs. great deals to be had. while i was in the store a lot of people came to the door and saw the store closing sign and just walked away. they are still open, so if you're in the area, definitely check it out.

[quote name='llm962']Was at Ogilvie station killing some time before getting on my train when I noticed the electronic store there (on top level right by the tracks) was going out of business. I walked in there and almost everything was 70% off--picked up half minute hero box set for like 10 bucks, silent hill homecoming for 360 for 4 bucks and change--they had a lot of other games but didn't go too crazy. they also had those snoop dogg skullcandy headphones for 70% off. they had quite a few pairs. great deals to be had. while i was in the store a lot of people came to the door and saw the store closing sign and just walked away. they are still open, so if you're in the area, definitely check it out.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome - wish I'd seen this post this morning since I'm not sure how much is left at this point, but I'll definitely swing by and take a look. Thanks!

Just stopped in at the store in Ogilvie - now it's 90% off and pretty much completely cleaned out. A few cds left and some cell phone accessories and that's about it. Oh well, thanks for the tip anyway.

bread's done
Back