It's a OTT,

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ugamer_X']Idiocracy is a movie that I didn't find very funny when watching it, but the lines from the movie ended up being really funny when recalling them in everyday use.

"It has ELECTROLYTES!" still cracks me up.

And Office Space? Well that's just great all-around.

Fickst[/QUOTE]

Office Space was amusing... then I started working in a tech job at a corporation. And it went from mildly funny, to "holy shit, it's everything in my life being made in a huge joke" and it really hit home. :)

10/18 - Oakland. I'll be there. Very few things will actually be a good enough reason to enter the city of Oakland. Intetpol is one.

So I ruined my wife's dinner.

I asked her if I could have the chicken & veggies out of her burrito. She wasn't eating it and said she felt odd.

Anyways, as I sliced it open lengthwise on her plate I quipped, "I thought these smelt bad on the outside" in my best Han Solo voice. Then the veggies and chicken popped out.

I laughed and looked at her expecting the same.

She turned greenish-white . . .
For a brief moment, I thought she was going to vomit right then and there. After a quick trip with my daughter to the baño I received a well deserved chastisement.

Honest to god I was not trying to be a dick, but it sure turned out that way.

This past weekend was facking awesome. Ran the wharf to wharf in Santa Cruz and went to my co-worker's BBQ and partied from Sunday morning to Monday night.

I'm trying to stay in the state, but there are little to no positions dealing with RF/Analog IC design or just RF engineering. I was able to find a couple entry-level positions, but being AT&T and IBM, my resume probably won't get viewed.

[quote name='Dkellar']I'm trying to stay in the state, but there are little to no positions dealing with RF/Analog IC design or just RF engineering. I was able to find a couple entry-level positions, but being AT&T and IBM, my resume probably won't get viewed.[/QUOTE]

If your GPA is high enough, you could try to apply at IBM -- wouldn't hurt anything... not sure where/if they're hiring though.

3oVVnl.jpg

[quote name='Dkellar']Why are there no tech jobs here in Georgia?[/QUOTE]
Are you only looking on Monster?
Try this: http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com/ it's a great site for the ATL market (and my favorite for local contract work).

For some reason this site gets a large section of tech-job listings (mostly from headhunters and before Monster) for the ATL metro vs monster. These three are just first few RF Eng. related posts I saw off of pages 1&2.

4-6 month contract job, 1-2 year option for RF engineer:
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...id=156430218&page=2&jo=1&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA

Wireless Proj. delivery manager:
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...d=156430083&page=1&jo=10&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA

Do you have some UTMS experience?
Here is a SR. position wants 10yrs experience (but who knows):
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...id=156430083&page=1&jo=9&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So I ruined my wife's dinner.

I asked her if I could have the chicken & veggies out of her burrito. She wasn't eating it and said she felt odd.

Anyways, as I sliced it open lengthwise on her plate I quipped, "I thought these smelt bad on the outside" in my best Han Solo voice. Then the veggies and chicken popped out.

I laughed and looked at her expecting the same.

She turned greenish-white . . .
For a brief moment, I thought she was going to vomit right then and there. After a quick trip with my daughter to the baño I received a well deserved chastisement.

Honest to god I was not trying to be a dick, but it sure turned out that way.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='TheRock88']Starcraft II is bad fucking ass.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...guess I better get started on the first one...
J/K ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If your GPA is high enough, you could try to apply at IBM -- wouldn't hurt anything... not sure where/if they're hiring though.[/QUOTE]

What would be considered a high GPA for IBM? I've already applied to an entry level position listed on their website that is located USA - Any.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you only looking on Monster?
Try this: http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com/ it's a great site for the ATL market (and my favorite for local contract work).

For some reason this site gets a large section of tech-job listings (mostly from headhunters and before Monster) for the ATL metro vs monster. These three are just first few RF Eng. related posts I saw off of pages 1&2.

4-6 month contract job, 1-2 year option for RF engineer:
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...id=156430218&page=2&jo=1&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA

Wireless Proj. delivery manager:
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...d=156430083&page=1&jo=10&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA

Do you have some UTMS experience?
Here is a SR. position wants 10yrs experience (but who knows):
http://www.atlanta.computerjobs.com...id=156430083&page=1&jo=9&jtp=20&tp=30&s_sl=GA[/QUOTE]

I've been using Monster, Career Builder, Yahoo Jobs, etc. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely will search through these listings. I'm looking for a position mostly dealing with circuit/hardware design and testing instead of IT type work.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Lucky Texans....

Interpol 2010 Tour Dates:
07/29 – Richmond, VA @ The National #
07/30 – Norfolk, VA @ Norva #
07/31 – Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues #
08/04 – Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre #
08/05 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues #
08/06 – Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights #
08/09 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis #
08/10 – Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus #
08/11 – Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo #
08/13 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave #
08/15 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater #
08/18 – Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm #
08/19 – Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues #
08/21 – Miami, FL @ The Fillmore #
09/16 – Caen, FR @ Le Cargo
09/18 – Paris, FR- Stade De France *
09/21 – Lille, FR @ Aeronef
09/22 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/23 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/25 – Bordeaux, FR @ Le Vigean
09/26 – San Sebastian, ES @ Estadio Anoeta *
09/28 – Granada, ES @ La Industrial Copera
09/29 – Seville, ES @ Olympic Stadium *
10/01 – Santiago, ES @ Santiago De Compostela
10/02 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/03 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/05 – Bilboa, ES @ Rockstar Barakaldo
10/06 – Toulouse, FR @ Li Bikini
10/08 – Rome, IT @ Olympic Stadium *
10/16 – Mexico City, MX @ Capital Festival
10/18 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
10/21 – San Diego, CA @ SOMA
10/22 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
10/23 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Greek
10/25 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
10/27 – Dallas, TX @ Palladium
10/28 – Austin, TX @ Stubb’s
10/29 – Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
10/31 – New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Experience
11/01 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
11/03 – Washington, DC @ Constitution Hall
11/04 – Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theatre
11/05 – New York, NY @ United Palace
11/12 – Lisbon, PT @ Campo Pequeño
11/13 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio Vistalegre
11/14 – Barcelona, ES @ San Jordi Club
11/16 – Marseille, FR @ Dock Du Sud
11/17 – Milan, IT @ Palasharp
11/18 – Vienna, AT @ Gasometer
11/20 – Berlin, DE @ Tempodrom
11/21 – Amsterdam, NL @ Heineken Music Hall
11/22 – Dortmund, DE @ Westfalenhalle 2
11/24 – Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
11/25 – Newcastle, UK @ O2 Academy
11/26 – Birmingham, UK @ O2 Academy
11/27 – Edinburgh, UK @ Corn Exchange
11/29 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
11/30 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/01 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/03 – Manchester, UK @ Apollo
12/04 – Liverpool, UK @ Liverpool University
12/06 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton
12/07 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton[/QUOTE]

I like how I'm going to leave TX right before Interpol plays Austin, leave for Paris right after Interpol plays there, and leave London right before Interpol plays there. It's depressing.

[quote name='munch']Interpol 2010 Tour Dates:
07/29 – Richmond, VA @ The National #
07/30 – Norfolk, VA @ Norva #
07/31 – Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues #
08/04 – Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre #
08/05 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues #
08/06 – Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights #
08/09 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis #
08/10 – Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus #
08/11 – Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo #
08/13 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave #
08/15 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater #
08/18 – Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm #
08/19 – Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues #
08/21 – Miami, FL @ The Fillmore #
09/16 – Caen, FR @ Le Cargo
09/18 – Paris, FR- Stade De France *
09/21 – Lille, FR @ Aeronef
09/22 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/23 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/25 – Bordeaux, FR @ Le Vigean
09/26 – San Sebastian, ES @ Estadio Anoeta *
09/28 – Granada, ES @ La Industrial Copera
09/29 – Seville, ES @ Olympic Stadium *
10/01 – Santiago, ES @ Santiago De Compostela
10/02 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/03 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/05 – Bilboa, ES @ Rockstar Barakaldo
10/06 – Toulouse, FR @ Li Bikini
10/08 – Rome, IT @ Olympic Stadium *
10/16 – Mexico City, MX @ Capital Festival
10/18 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
10/21 – San Diego, CA @ SOMA
10/22 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
10/23 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Greek
10/25 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
10/27 – Dallas, TX @ Palladium
10/28 – Austin, TX @ Stubb’s
10/29 – Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
10/31 – New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Experience
11/01 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
11/03 – Washington, DC @ Constitution Hall
11/04 – Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theatre
11/05 – New York, NY @ United Palace
11/12 – Lisbon, PT @ Campo Pequeño
11/13 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio Vistalegre
11/14 – Barcelona, ES @ San Jordi Club
11/16 – Marseille, FR @ Dock Du Sud
11/17 – Milan, IT @ Palasharp
11/18 – Vienna, AT @ Gasometer
11/20 – Berlin, DE @ Tempodrom
11/21 – Amsterdam, NL @ Heineken Music Hall
11/22 – Dortmund, DE @ Westfalenhalle 2
11/24 – Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
11/25 – Newcastle, UK @ O2 Academy
11/26 – Birmingham, UK @ O2 Academy
11/27 – Edinburgh, UK @ Corn Exchange
11/29 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
11/30 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/01 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/03 – Manchester, UK @ Apollo
12/04 – Liverpool, UK @ Liverpool University
12/06 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton
12/07 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton[/QUOTE]

I thought Mpls. was on 8/14?

Or did they cancel it?

I'd like to see Silversun Pickups too. They really need to put more Interpol on Rock Band.

Work is grilling out again today!

[quote name='Dkellar']What would be considered a high GPA for IBM? I've already applied to an entry level position listed on their website that is located USA - Any.

I've been using Monster, Career Builder, Yahoo Jobs, etc. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely will search through these listings. I'm looking for a position mostly dealing with circuit/hardware design and testing instead of IT type work.[/QUOTE]

I think as a "sorting" mechanism, they general don't look at resumes under 3.0. If you're above 3.25, you've probably got a shot.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think as a "sorting" mechanism, they general don't look at resumes under 3.0. If you're above 3.25, you've probably got a shot.[/QUOTE]

I do not recall being asked what my GPA was when filling out the application stuff. I have over a 3.0, but under a 3.25. Oh well, looking at a person's GPA is a terrible form of reference in judging their overall knowledge/ability to learn.

There's going to be a show featuring the "classic" line-up of Guided By Voices in Portland. (as if GBV is 'classic'). Also a re-united Pavement show a month earlier.
And then the Matador 21st birthday party in Vegas.

It's like a chance to relive my college radio indie snob days all over again.

[quote name='Dkellar']I do not recall being asked what my GPA was when filling out the application stuff. I have over a 3.0, but under a 3.25. Oh well, looking at a person's GPA is a terrible form of reference in judging their overall knowledge/ability to learn.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but apparently, unless you know someone and they can put in a good word for them with the people recruiting, the recruiters generally sort initially based off GPA. I suppose if you're looking for a univeral sorting point for 1000s of resumes, it makes sense. Over 3 is good though... usually under and you get weeded out sooner than later.

[quote name='Dkellar']I do not recall being asked what my GPA was when filling out the application stuff. I have over a 3.0, but under a 3.25. Oh well, looking at a person's GPA is a terrible form of reference in judging their overall knowledge/ability to learn.[/QUOTE]

That's what everyone who has a low GPA says. . . .

:lol:

I know it's not anywhere near you, but do you know of any good venues around Fort Lauderdale? I'm gonna be there for a few days in November, and I want to see if there are any good concerts coming down there.

[quote name='munch']That's what everyone who has a low GPA says. . . .[/QUOTE]

Well, Georgia Tech is not renowned for their student's high GPAs!

[quote name='st0neface']Never seen any shows over there, but...

http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/buy/fort_lauderdale_fl_concert_tickets.htm
http://www.last.fm/events/+place/United+States/8640162+Fort+Lauderdale
---

I think I'm gonna see Built to Spill in October. I can't say no to a $16 show in town.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links. Good choice with Built to Spill, I absolutely love them.

I was a little hesitant about paying $26 + fees to see Silversun Pickups last night, but I decided to go anyways. I ended up buying a ticket from someone standing outside of the venue for only $10.

[quote name='st0neface']I put my phone on speaker when they started playing it and called Brak.

He hung up on me.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

That really did happen.

It was one of the kindest things anyone's ever done for me, but I couldn't make it out at the time.

i haven't seen my gf in like a week and she left to washington with her mother for 2 weeks i love eating cake now

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back