It's a OTT,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inception is worth seeing even with seemingly everyone talking about it. That is why I was glad to see it on release day so I didn't hear all this talk about it.

Edit: Sean the w.a.s.t.e. shop still has all of those In Rainbows shirts.

[quote name='Brak']LinkinPrime (and Scorch, and every girl I know) is the reason I haven't see Inception.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you probably won't like it. After all you hated Iron Man. :nottalking:

Hey, munch. I finished watching Lost.

Jack's dad's name was straight-up clever.

[quote name='flowery']I can't decide if I want to buy a new record player or not.

I was thinking about this one for $60.[/QUOTE]

I want one of those USB ones, but everyone I've put my hands on has felt really cheaply made (esp. when you give the platter a spin).

fox news

~~~~~

Edit:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I want one of those USB ones, but everyone I've put my hands on has felt really cheaply made (esp. when you give the platter a spin). [/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought about getting a USB one as well. I was going to go to the record store later today after putting some money in the bank and see what they have in stock.

I am not sure if I care enough about ripping the vinyls or plugging it up to my computer. I just want to hook it up to my home theater system and be happy.

[quote name='flowery']
Yeah I thought about getting a USB one as well. I was going to go to the record store later today after putting some money in the bank and see what they have in stock.

I am not sure if I care enough about ripping the vinyls or plugging it up to my computer. I just want to hook it up to my home theater system and be happy.[/QUOTE]

I've only got about a dozen albums on vinyl, no need to rip those.

However, In my Mom's basement are 300 or so of my Dad's records, most of them OOP. Down there is also my Dad's direct drive Marantz player which I would love to snag.

Even more tempting- At my in-laws is an ungodly number of albums. Including a couple of Beatles on Apple, all the Bill Cosby comedy albums (and they are all autographed). Also, a Led Zeppelin with the spinning insert/cover.

I would really like to rip a lot of those.

I was just making fun of Fox News. I could care less about that lame movie.

Me and my buddies loved the part in Idiocracy with the Fox News broadcast.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I've only got about a dozen albums on vinyl, no need to rip those.

However, In my Mom's basement are 300 or so of my Dad's records, most of them OOP. Down there is also my Dad's direct drive Marantz player which I would love to snag.

Even more tempting- At my in-laws is an ungodly number of albums. Including a couple of Beatles on Apple, all the Bill Cosby comedy albums (and they are all autographed). Also, a Led Zeppelin with the spinning insert/cover.

I would really like to rip a lot of those.[/QUOTE]

I want to go to there.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I've only got about a dozen albums on vinyl, no need to rip those.

I would really like to rip a lot of those.[/QUOTE]

How about you rip them and sell some to me?

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Which Zeppelin album has the spinning cover?[/QUOTE]
It was three or four, white cover with cut outs and a gromited spinner insert. I'll google it.

It's III,
ZEPIII.jpg

http://www.dedicatedaudio.com/inc/sdetail/16831

Hmm that record player I linked to has a 3.5mm adapter that can connect to a computer. I wonder if you can rip through that? Probably not though, right?

You are a lucky bastard h3ll, my parents don't know what happened to their records.

Ah, ok. That, Coda, and Houses of The Holy are the only albums I'm missing on vinyl.

Edit: I remember someone on Neogaf's vinyl thread talking about hooking a regular turntable up to a computer somehow, Flowery.

[quote name='flowery']Hmm that record player I linked to has a 3.5mm adapter that can connect to a computer. I wonder if you can rip through that? Probably not though, right?

You are a lucky bastard h3ll, my parents don't know what happened to their records.[/QUOTE]

Probably, IDK how good it would sound though.

My old man loved music, all kinds. Folk, early rock, motown, OS country, classical . . .etc. My Mom has several 45s in cookie tins- it's mostly top 40 stuff but it's still vintage.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Ah, ok. That, Coda, and Houses of The Holy are the only albums I'm missing on vinyl.

Edit: I remember someone on Neogaf's vinyl thread talking about hooking a regular turntable up to a computer somehow, Flowery.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems possible. I will have to figure it out when I get it.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']i can do anything i set my mind to[/QUOTE]

You're damn straight.

[quote name='joe2187']sweeeet

apocalypse-now-2-film-set-20100727101239877_640w.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very cool; theatrical, Redux & HoD!

Also, just finished putting a foam core / never-flat tire on my wheelbarrow. Rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' :bouncy: The new wheel is white though, my old one was murdered out. I might put a stencil on it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Spinning cover? Awesome.

I still don't get Idiocracy. I mean, I understand it and all, but I just didn't find it all that funny.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a very retarded movie but there were parts that made me laugh, basically because they were so stupid.

I still don't get Idiocracy. I mean, I understand it and all, but I just didn't find it all that funny.[/QUOTE]

I have had the same reaction to it that I had with Office Space, in that the older it gets the funnier it is. Commacho and the Congressional address are my favorite parts (South Carolina represent!). Its satire lacks the relate-ability of OS and the monster truck scene & costco bits are just not that funny. I do like it but it could have used a better lead.

LinkinPrime... Why do you absolutely adore comic book movies, when you've never read a single comic book in your life?

I've read comic books...nothing too recent though but back in the 90's I used to read them a lot, I still have a few boxes full of stuff. The most recently the books I've read were probably:

Ultimate Spider-Man v.1-30
Identity Crisis (DC)
Marvel Zombies
Crisis On Infinite Earths (DC)
Transformers Beast Wars: The Gathering
Watchmen

and those were a couple years ago. There's a few others but I don't recall at the moment.

EDIT: Oh and Kick-Ass...I read the novel shortly after I enjoyed watching the film.

Lucky Texans....

Interpol 2010 Tour Dates:
07/29 – Richmond, VA @ The National #
07/30 – Norfolk, VA @ Norva #
07/31 – Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues #
08/04 – Montclair, NJ @ Wellmont Theatre #
08/05 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues #
08/06 – Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights #
08/09 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis #
08/10 – Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus #
08/11 – Pontiac, MI @ Clutch Cargo #
08/13 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave #
08/15 – Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater #
08/18 – Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm #
08/19 – Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues #
08/21 – Miami, FL @ The Fillmore #
09/16 – Caen, FR @ Le Cargo
09/18 – Paris, FR- Stade De France *
09/21 – Lille, FR @ Aeronef
09/22 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/23 – Brussels, BE @ Stade Roi Boudoin *
09/25 – Bordeaux, FR @ Le Vigean
09/26 – San Sebastian, ES @ Estadio Anoeta *
09/28 – Granada, ES @ La Industrial Copera
09/29 – Seville, ES @ Olympic Stadium *
10/01 – Santiago, ES @ Santiago De Compostela
10/02 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/03 – Coimbra, PT @ Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10/05 – Bilboa, ES @ Rockstar Barakaldo
10/06 – Toulouse, FR @ Li Bikini
10/08 – Rome, IT @ Olympic Stadium *
10/16 – Mexico City, MX @ Capital Festival
10/18 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
10/21 – San Diego, CA @ SOMA
10/22 – Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
10/23 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Greek
10/25 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
10/27 – Dallas, TX @ Palladium
10/28 – Austin, TX @ Stubb’s
10/29 – Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
10/31 – New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Experience
11/01 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
11/03 – Washington, DC @ Constitution Hall
11/04 – Philadelphia, PA @ Tower Theatre
11/05 – New York, NY @ United Palace
11/12 – Lisbon, PT @ Campo Pequeño
11/13 – Madrid, ES @ Palacio Vistalegre
11/14 – Barcelona, ES @ San Jordi Club
11/16 – Marseille, FR @ Dock Du Sud
11/17 – Milan, IT @ Palasharp
11/18 – Vienna, AT @ Gasometer
11/20 – Berlin, DE @ Tempodrom
11/21 – Amsterdam, NL @ Heineken Music Hall
11/22 – Dortmund, DE @ Westfalenhalle 2
11/24 – Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
11/25 – Newcastle, UK @ O2 Academy
11/26 – Birmingham, UK @ O2 Academy
11/27 – Edinburgh, UK @ Corn Exchange
11/29 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
11/30 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/01 – Dublin, IE @ Olympia
12/03 – Manchester, UK @ Apollo
12/04 – Liverpool, UK @ Liverpool University
12/06 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton
12/07 – London, UK @ O2 Academy Brixton

Idiocracy is a movie that I didn't find very funny when watching it, but the lines from the movie ended up being really funny when recalling them in everyday use.

"It has ELECTROLYTES!" still cracks me up.

And Office Space? Well that's just great all-around.
[quote name='Brak']LinkinPrime... Why do you absolutely adore comic book movies, when you've never read a single comic book in your life?[/QUOTE]
Fickst

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back