It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

Yeah, this Count stuff is a lil' rough, but it's still some nice free music.

And while that Royce album had several really, really strong tracks, I thought it was average on the whole.

Could anyone recommend me other albums by South Central Cartel, aside from All Day Everyday? I'm seeing lots mixed reviews.

-Just got Snow Goons "Trojan Horse" its pretty damn good.
-The new Apathy "Wanna Snuggle" is pretty good, but not as good as his Demigodz stuff

For Christmas my gf got me Celph Titled's "The Gatalog" 75 tracks on 4 discs, as far as lyrics, punchlines and metaphors go not many can keep up. (Pretty much a must have for any fans of Celph Titled and or Jedi Mind Tricks, Apathy, or Demigodz)

Waiting on the 3rd Army of the Pharaohs album next.

EDIT: Anyone who likes Jedi Mind Tricks probably knows who long time collaborator Reef the Lost Cauze is. He's got a new album of remixes and Bsides up for d/l for free on his Myspace. http://www.myspace.com/reefthelostcauze Free Music.

I loved Feast or Famine, but Reef's followup was terrible!! I dont even remember the name of the album... but it sucked!!

I'll still check out his free stuff tho =P

some new old shyt btw, u kno what doesnt suck??

610FS9X403L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Freestyle - Etched in Stone.

former member of Arsonists... I listened to the album over the weekend and $#@! it's amazing!!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']And while that Royce album had several really, really strong tracks, I thought it was average on the whole.[/QUOTE]werd, record had lots of filler that shoulda been left on Slaughterhouse. I still enjoy the album overall, but when u listen to it there always comes a point where it jus becomes background noise to whatever it is you're doing at the moment.

I only have Feast or Famine, but I'll take your advice on the newer stuff. The freebie is hit and miss, but free is free ^^

Another really good album that comes to mind (While Im re-doing my entire Itunes library) is 2006's Vakill's (from Molemen) "Worst Fears Confirmed" amazing album for anyone into lyrics and punchlines more than beats and hooks (not to undermine the beats and hooks on this album lol)

I just want to make sure my post doesn't get overlooked and take the opportunity to rephrase myself for better reading comprehension...

Could anyone recommend me other albums by South Central Cartel aside from All Day Everyday? I'm seeing lots mixed reviews for the rest of their discography.

[quote name='lupinckc']Another really good album that comes to mind (While Im re-doing my entire Itunes library) is 2006's Vakill's (from Molemen) "Worst Fears Confirmed" amazing album for anyone into lyrics and punchlines more than beats and hooks (not to undermine the beats and hooks on this album lol)[/QUOTE]that album makes me depressed,

coz when I listen to it, it only reminds me that much harder how bad 2009 was...

seriously tho, Worst Fears Confirmed is easily in my top 5 albums of the 2000s for me. It sucks that Armor of God will prolly never be released... and if it does come out it'll suck -_-

[quote name='cRodz']"i'd like to start off by thanking our sponsor
for financing the parts for this Frankenstein monster"

new Madvillain album is incoming

anyone else pumped?
Mos Def does an appearance apparently

DEF DOOM :bomb:

on a side note,
Plastic Beach, Gorillaz' 3rd new album, is also incoming and features Mos Def.

Love Gorillaz :hot:[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah I'm pumped!!:hot::drool:The 1st Madvillain album is one of my all-time faves.

[quote name='js1']fuck yeah I'm pumped!!:hot::drool:The 1st Madvillain album is one of my all-time faves.[/QUOTE]

The new Madvillain coming out this year is a LOCK. Mos Def will be on it.

Mos Def is also on 3 Gorillaz tracks on Plastic Beach, and says one of the songs is the best MCing he has ever done in his life.

[quote name='DestroVega']The new Madvillain coming out this year is a LOCK. Mos Def will be on it.

Mos Def is also on 3 Gorillaz tracks on Plastic Beach, and says one of the songs is the best MCing he has ever done in his life.[/QUOTE]
oh wow didnt know about that Mos Def with Gorillaz info :applause:
http://gorillaz-news.livejournal.com/272781.html#cutid1

It appears he is going to be drawn into the Gorillaz world. :bouncy:
hmmm..now that just sounds familiar...

GW400H264

Wished they bring Del back.
What the hell Damon?! :cry:

[quote name='cRodz']oh wow didnt know about that Mos Def with Gorillaz info :applause:
http://gorillaz-news.livejournal.com/272781.html#cutid1

It appears he is going to be drawn into the Gorillaz world. :bouncy:
hmmm..now that just sounds familiar...

GW400H264

Wished they bring Del back.
What the hell Damon?! :cry:[/QUOTE]

They only worked with Del because Automator produced the first record and was fresh of working with Del on Deltron. Same reason DOOM was on Demon Days.

[quote name='DestroVega']They only worked with Del because Automator produced the first record and was fresh of working with Del on Deltron. Same reason DOOM was on Demon Days.[/QUOTE]
yeh i see where you going.

Del was to Dan as Doom was to Danger...:cry:

[quote name='DestroVega']The new Madvillain coming out this year is a LOCK. Mos Def will be on it.

Mos Def is also on 3 Gorillaz tracks on Plastic Beach, and says one of the songs is the best MCing he has ever done in his life.[/QUOTE]

Both of this info makes me :drool::drool:

I am late to the party in discovering the awesomeness that is Fashawn's debut album.

Looking forward to Wu-Massacre in a week!

damn I guess that new Cannibal Ox album isnt gonna come out then.

oh wait... it wouldnt prolly come out anyways :bomb:

on better news tho...

515dzFaSBdL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

new Statik Selektah album today!!

Im in your emusic, downloading your new album!!

hopefully it will get me to stop listening to Girls Generation

-edit-

btw, sum recent stuff I've been checking out that isnt girls generation:

61BMmsL5QSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51keQaWcUzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Strong Arm Steady & Jise.

pretty good way to start the year.

[quote name='DestroVega']anyone go to the Mos/DOOM concert last night? sounds like yet another shit show.[/QUOTE]
There was a concert last night??? I need to keep up on this stuff, is there like a site that just compiles upcoming shows?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There was a concert last night??? I need to keep up on this stuff, is there like a site that just compiles upcoming shows?[/QUOTE]
second this.

i want to go to a Hiero Show frankly...:hot:

back in the days I useta hit up http://lahiphopcalendar.com/ but now the site appears to be rather bare...

plus when it was more active it was jus amateur doods posting their shyt, and a lot of higher profile acts went under that radar.

try being on the ticketmaster mailing list, you can set it so that they send you hip-hop only listings for upcoming events.

Don't forget to check the venues. Certain venues tend to favor certain styles/artists, keeping that in mind will save you from having to check every single local venue.

[quote name='JEKKI']back in the days I useta hit up http://lahiphopcalendar.com/ but now the site appears to be rather bare...

plus when it was more active it was jus amateur doods posting their shyt, and a lot of higher profile acts went under that radar.

try being on the ticketmaster mailing list, you can set it so that they send you hip-hop only listings for upcoming events.[/QUOTE]
Jekki, hit me up if you do find something before I do. I'm itching to go to some events.

I'll keep up on venues and hop on the mailing list too :)

I'm sure Gorillaz will come correct again... anyone know if the album is self-produced by Albarn this time around? there's been no info to believe otherwise.

I come bearing a few gifts for Jekki and any one else interested enough to partake from Fly High and a ridiculous new video by T-Double aka Turbo:

Illecism: 4DB & Tenga Un Refresco Vol. 2
Nicatyne: Your Brain On Drugs
Trade Voorhees: Northern Exposure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3dJT7qwWlQ

Just finished listening to Charles Hamilton's Normalcy mixtape after I caught wind he got dropped from Interscope. Proof positive he's another genuinely talented artist who let himself and his Kanye mouth get caught up in the fame ruining a golden opportunity to make a decent mark. The game doesn't necessarily need him persay but IMO he's well welcomed on the boards and in the booth because he killed the mixtape. Arguably one of the best if not some of the best work I've heard from him so I hope he plans to get himself together mentally, stay hungry and ride the indie route for a while until another major decides to give him a second shot. If not then at the very least continue to make music.

I also finally got off my lazy ass to check out the How To Rap book which has been garnering a decent amount of net buzz. Interesting read so far though I've been restraining myself not to skip through it straight to rhyme structure and scheme analysis. Well worth the couple of bucks I spent so check it out whenever you get a chance.

"See, i know how to rap, it's simple but
all i did was read a Russel Simmons book
So I'm more intact, tryna get on the map
Doin' jumping jacks whilin' get whipped on my back"

You can also watch this documentary on freestyling.
Freestyle: The art of Rhyme

Show how back then in NYC dudes would gather around and rip each other apart with rhymes.

[quote name='Sway42']"See, i know how to rap, it's simple but
all i did was read a Russel Simmons book
So I'm more intact, tryna get on the map
Doin' jumping jacks whilin' get whipped on my back"

You can also watch this documentary on freestyling.
Freestyle: The art of Rhyme

Show how back then in NYC dudes would gather around and rip each other apart with rhymes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember watching it when I first got into the underground side of Hip Hop back in high school. One of my online friends kept pestering me about this group called Black Star for months but I couldn't give a f*ck less until I heard some of Hi-Tek's material. Back when the Round & Round joint he produced for Jonell came out I was so blown away by the production I had to cop Hi-Teknology. Talib's bars left such a huge impression on me I had the tracks he blessed on repeat every morning before school. Eventually I did some research then picked up Reflection Eternal and never looked back for years. I moved on to Mos, Common, Roots, Blackalicious, recognized a lot of Tribe's material then kicked my own ass for not paying more attention to what I was listening to as a kid, etc. then evolved into an embarrassing mess of a backpacking elitist for a few years before getting my head on straight.

RIP.

that's crazy... I did some googling and apparently he died like 3 weeks ago and it's only announced now??

btw in other bad news... this new Kidz in the Hall album is terrible...

I know right? Shit is fucked up... especially the way Shin had to find out. Have they released a statement explaining the cause of death?

bread's done
Back