It's official and it works! 25% off used games with free shipping @ Ebgames.com

crickett003

CAGiversary!

:D
You can use codes PPLAY15, then the twelve digit code from the yellow sticker on your Edge card, and also SAVER on all pre-played games.

That gives you 25% off plus free saver shipping!! :eek:

That rocks!!! Thanks eb!

topic title edited for clarity by cheapyd

Yes, B&M only for the edge cards. I thought it was some new card they were bringing out. I pulled my old eb card out of my wallet that I got a subscription (GMR) with... and shit, the code works!

I guess they are selling the card for $5 (without the magazine?). Not a bad deal for people that purchase a lot of pre-played games & systems (like myself).

This is great to hear! 25% and free shipping just like before! I hope theres no limit to how often you can use it since you do pay for the Edge card. I'll probably be getting one of those bad boys soon.

These cards are tied to your name somehow yea? So that someone couldnt just post their Edge card # and have everyone in the universe get 10% because of it. There's probably no limit to how much the 10% can be used. But the actual discount codes like pplay15 always have caps on them. So use them wisely

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Okay, what's an Edge card?[/quote]

It's a trap![/quote]

Say it ain't so! Anyway, I did a query and it's an gift card.

[quote name='Morpheus']Outstanding!!! Thanks for posting the info. I finally found a use for this darn card. =D

-Morpheus[/quote]

Yeah me too, never did use it in b&m, now the trick is to try not to use it. :D

[quote name='crickett003']
You can use codes PPLAY15, then the twelve digit code from the yellow sticker on your Edge card, and also SAVER on all pre-played games.

That rocks!!! Thanks eb![/quote]

Is the 25% on used games only?

[quote name='LinkinPrime'][quote name='crickett003']

That rocks!!! Thanks eb![/quote]

Is the 25% on used games only?[/quote]

As far as I know...yes.

I just got one the other day when I purchased a complete copy of the Arc the Lad Collection for 45 bucks at EB. Yup, it's awesome, you can use PPLAY15, your number, and SAVER. I can finally order Hitman 2 PO for about 13 dollars now. Oh yeah. 8)

You dont get %25 off. With percents, you do not add them together to figure out what your discount will be.

Say a game was $10
pplay brings it to $8.50
edge care brings it to $7.65

Almost %25.

[quote name='BigNick']You dont get %25 off. With percents, you do not add them together to figure out what your discount will be.

Say a game was $10
pplay brings it to $8.50

Almost %25.[/quote]

Unless they just take 25% off the total.
Do we know that is how EB is calculating the discount?
Why don't I have one of these cards yet? I'm CheapyD, biatch!

[quote name='ex0']Is it true that the edge card is tied to your name/ address?[/quote]

I would guess that that's unlikely....without they making an effort to contact people and match card with eb online account there would be a ton of problems, people who changed addresses, etc. I would bet though that if you gave your card # out and it was used a million times they might terminate your number.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='BigNick']You dont get %25 off. With percents, you do not add them together to figure out what your discount will be.

Say a game was $10
pplay brings it to $8.50

Almost %25.[/quote]

Why don't I have one of these cards yet? I'm CheapyD, biatch![/quote]

Nick you are incorrect in this case. I ordered a 14.99 game and did this and the total was 11.24 before tax, exactly 25% off. They take the total discount off the game's original price. Better for us!

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='BigNick']You dont get %25 off. With percents, you do not add them together to figure out what your discount will be.

Say a game was $10
pplay brings it to $8.50

Almost %25.[/quote]

Why don't I have one of these cards yet? I'm CheapyD, biatch![/quote]

Nick you are incorrect in this case. I ordered a 14.99 game and did this and the total was 11.24 before tax, exactly 25% off. They take the total discount off the game's original price. Better for us![/quote]

Even better!

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='ex0']Is it true that the edge card is tied to your name/ address?[/quote]

I would guess that that's unlikely....without they making an effort to contact people and match card with eb online account there would be a ton of problems, people who changed addresses, etc. I would bet though that if you gave your card # out and it was used a million times they might terminate your number.[/quote]

It would be easier enough just to bind the card number to an email address. I think an experiment is in order. If I get my car back(it's broke :( ) by tomorrow I'll head out, pick up a card and post the number.

[quote name='schultzed']You can also get the card by subscribing to GMR magazine for $10.[/quote]

That's what I did a few months ago. GMR is a decent mag.

I got the card by getting the GMR subscription awhile back...now my question is...will the card still work if I got it nearly 8 months ago, a long while before they started this whole online compatability. I remember asking around if the card would work online last winter and I got a definate no. Do you need a new card for it to work or do the current old ones work online now as well?

bread's done
Back