Its OVER Frequent Shopper has shut down customer support is dead

[quote name='shinryuu']How much would the mixer resell for? I eBay'd it really quick its approx. ~$200. Is that really a better resale value over the cameras or GPS? Just wondering.

I'm not sure what to get. On one hand, I want a camera since I don't own one myself. On the other, everything feels kinda outdated so I kinda want to wait and see if they add new prizes.[/QUOTE]

I just looked and the camera could get about $200. I was looking to get about $200 for the mixer.

I figured that digital cameras are a dime a dozen after the holidays on Craigslist/eBay while there won't be as many mixers. But 2500 point difference is quiet a difference.

I just got enough points for the xbox controller. Does anyone know how long the shipping time is? (not just estimated but how long it actually took)

i ordered my controller 9/21 and i got this email confirmation

Item Description: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows
Quantity: 1
Estimated Ship Date: 11/16/2008

Ive got just as long of a wait. I hope they come out early. Otherwise ill be getting around same time as the NXE comes out.

I just recently started on it, i can't see why everyone says it has awesome prizes, unless more are unlocked the longer you are a member or something or i'm missing a secret page filled with a huge selection, the prizes are even worse than on live search club. and just because the prizes cost less doesn't mean it's cheaper or takes less time, here, an example, Rockband, it's on both site. (assuming you get the max limit every day)

Live Search Club:
25,000 Tickets
1000 daily limit.
25 days.

Frequent Shopper Program:
7,500 Credits
100 daily limit.
75 days.

so, a little under a month, or a little under three months.....

don't get me wrong, i like the site, i'm going to use it, it's fine and there are two prizes i want from the list, i just think it's being hyped a lot more than it's actually worth.

people are actuallly getting prizes unlike alot of people on live search club so this is better u get a firm delivery date which is cool

[quote name='DemonicArc']I just recently started on it, i can't see why everyone says it has awesome prizes, unless more are unlocked the longer you are a member or something or i'm missing a secret page filled with a huge selection, the prizes are even worse than on live search club. and just because the prizes cost less doesn't mean it's cheaper or takes less time, here, an example, Rockband, it's on both site. (assuming you get the max limit every day)

Live Search Club:
25,000 Tickets
1000 daily limit.
25 days.

7,500 Credits
100 daily limit.
75 days.

don't get me wrong, i like the site, i'm going to use it, it's fine and there are two prizes i want from the list, i just think it's being hyped a lot more than it's actually worth.[/quote]
1. to each their own as to prizes
2. those numbers only work if you want to spend the time doing the max everyday. Getting the max on this is faster, so it can be done everyday even if you are busy.

[quote name='DemonicArc']I just recently started on it, i can't see why everyone says it has awesome prizes, unless more are unlocked the longer you are a member or something or i'm missing a secret page filled with a huge selection, the prizes are even worse than on live search club. and just because the prizes cost less doesn't mean it's cheaper or takes less time, here, an example, Rockband, it's on both site. (assuming you get the max limit every day)

Live Search Club:
25,000 Tickets
1000 daily limit.
25 days.

7,500 Credits
100 daily limit.
75 days.

[/quote]

I agree with a few things you said but you left out how much actual time it takes to reach the limit each day. It takes about 10 minutes max on FSP and about 1 hour at a minimum on LSC. So in your example it takes AT MOST 12.5 hours for frequent shopper and AT LEAST 25 hours for live search.

On average it would probably be closer to 10 hours for FSP and 30 hours for LSC. So 2 to 3 times longer for LSC than FSP.

^I agree with this poster. I ended up doing Frequent Shopper because it took me only minutes a day to reach the max. Attempting to get the daily limit on LiveSearch resulted in a lot of boredom and frustration.

Yea this seems like a much lazier way to earn things, which I why I do this daily and have to be in the mood to do LSC, I hit 4300 today and still don't know what I'm going to order when I hit 10,000. I do have 57 days to decide though.

I'd rather spend .5 minutes a day for 75 days than 2-3 hours for 25 days.
Heck, it takes me longer to log in to the site than it does for me to max out my daily 100.
-
I think I'll strive for the waffle iron after I get rock band. (darn 6-month wait)

Just got a golden puzzle. It was a 6x6 version of the luggage image. Only took about 6 minutes to complete. Chose the pocket notebook since it was the only thing I would probably use.

Got the spice jar for 200. Its actually useful for the wife. Made her happy for only a few minutes of "work". Crappy that you can only order 1 prize in 180 days, and that you have to sign up for multiple accounts with different addresses to get around this limitation. Saving up for that mixer to cash out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4499...wtf. No idea when I missed the point.

Now instead of 50 days to reach 10K, it's going to take me 51...damn.

What are the rules of ordering things under the same address with more than one account? I still can't find anything about that.

[quote name='funknjunk']does anyone remember if we put in our address when we signed up?[/quote]

You only put your address when you order the prize.

I think I remember someone else mentioning a similar problem, but I can't find it:

I ordered the 360 controller a week or so ago, received a confirmation, and then found that all of my points were back in my account a few days later. I have since ordered it again, received a confirmation again, and once again, all of my points have seemingly been refunded, with no explanation.

Is my prize still ordered? Am I still expecting it? I don't understand what's going on.

they are probably out of stock on the controllers and do not know when they will be getting more so they cant accept ur order. There for they refunded ur tickets.

But when I order it, it says that the status is "In Stock" and gives me a confirmation number and everything. I don't even get an email about them canceling my order or anything. I find it very strange.

That's what I was thinking. But when I order it, it says that the status is "In Stock" and gives me a confirmation number and everything. I don't even get an email about them canceling my order or anything. I find it very strange.

Aww.. I can't get another prize until March..

I'm going to have way beyond 2,000 for my wallet by then xP..

I guess I'll just get something high and resell it.. then get my wallet.

Wish I'd found this a month ago, I could've been halfway to Rock Band by now!

Ah well by the time I hit 7500 maybe they'll have replaced it with RB2 :D

=O Bargain hunter doesn't work for me and I can't see the symbol thing for scavenger hunt. And is it just me or is the daily limit now 50?

[quote name='PhyukYui']Bargain hunter doesn't work for me and I can't see the symbol thing for scavenger hunt. [/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='mwc547']im completely lost as to how to play the new games[/QUOTE]

I hear you....plus the site is PAINFULLY slow for me. On the bright side hot or cold is back as mentioned a few posts ago, although for some reason none of them are loading up for me, i get the little box after i click on it, but nothing shows up in the box. One good thing, i got 50 points on the new wheel!!! woohoo

I was playing Bargain Hunter for a while then I think I maxed out since it only gave me one point. Then I tried to keep playing to see if this was the case and nothing would load on it. And the Scavenger Hunt didn't work for me either. I think they forgot to program the message that lets you know when you can't play anymore.

[quote name='silverjojo08']I was playing Bargain Hunter for a while then I think I maxed out since it only gave me one point. Then I tried to keep playing to see if this was the case and nothing would load on it. And the Scavenger Hunt didn't work for me either. I think they forgot to program the message that lets you know when you can't play anymore.[/quote]
How did the game work?

How many points did you get playing the game?

[quote name='shahekee']How did the game work?

How many points did you get playing the game?[/quote]

Three items come up on the screen and they have the names and discount prices. You're supposed to guess which price is more discounted(20% vs 50%). If you guess right, you get 3 points. If you guess wrong, you don't get any.

bread's done
Back