It's Shaq-fuing BULLETSTORM!

[quote name='Pookymeister']Just did it - gotta kick them and shoot real fast[/QUOTE]

Maybe tying them up with the Flailgun then switching to the sniper rifle quickly would work too.

Loving this game so far. Even though the humor is so lowbrow, I still find myself laughing on a regular basis. Some of the set pieces are absolutely incredible. The end of Act 5 was one of the best sequences that I can recall playing. Hopefully this game sells well and there will be more FPS like it instead of run of the mill military shooters.

I don't know if it's been posted, but I found a glitch.. when you're drinking bottles or destroying robots or whatever, just reload the checkpoint and do it again to up the count. It won't save the points you earn each time (unfortunately), but it ups the count by one. I can't confirm it for anything other than the bottles drank. I just did it in 3-1 to get the 20/20 needed.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't know if it's been posted, but I found a glitch.. when you're drinking bottles or destroying robots or whatever, just reload the checkpoint and do it again to up the count. It won't save the points you earn each time (unfortunately), but it ups the count by one. I can't confirm it for anything other than the bottles drank. I just did it in 3-1 to get the 20/20 needed.[/QUOTE]

It also works for the other achievement for destroying bottles ('On the Edge' I think?). Nifty. :D

I don't know if it works on Electro-flies, though. I've been meaning to try... those buggers can be a pain.

Regarding the electro-flies, can you go back and kill missed ones after finishing the game or do you have to do it all in one run through the campaign?

Finished the campaign last night, on normal. Might try the hardest setting for kicks to see how difficult it is before sending it on its way to Amazon. Free Rental, ftw.

Some of the skillshot names are hilarious. Last night I got "Assplosion" for the first time. This game is making me laugh and that doesn't happen too often.

To get 100% of the skill shots, can I get some in Echos, or do they all have to be in campaign? I'm over 75% of the way there, and I think I can do it.

[quote name='Necrozilla']How many Anarchy maps are there? Can they be played offline (1 player)?[/QUOTE]

There are 6 Anarchy maps. As for offline (as in, no internet connected or lacking Gold), I have no idea. You can, however, play by yourself and advance through all 20 waves, if you choose. I just did this last night (solo), and it was pretty crazy. Much better (though harder) with 2 or more people.

As for Echoes counting towards SP skillshots... this seems iffy. I know I've gotten a few specifically in Echoes, but some haven't saved. Perhaps because I was repeatedly playing the same echoes that I did this on?

Finished the game last night. The single player was a blast, though I ran into a weird bug. Towards the end, when you have to
leash the rampway of the jump ship to escape, I did it right as the clock said 0. The ramp opened, but nothing happened. No one got on, and going all the way up the ramp was fruitless. The stage continued with people shooting at each other. Weird. Restarted and it was fine
. Tried out echoes and the multiplayer, and I don't think that's really enough to sustain the game long term unfortunately. Helluva single player though.

[quote name='jza1218']Finished the game last night. The single player was a blast, though I ran into a weird bug. Towards the end, when you have to
leash the rampway of the jump ship to escape, I did it right as the clock said 0. The ramp opened, but nothing happened. No one got on, and going all the way up the ramp was fruitless. The stage continued with people shooting at each other. Weird. Restarted and it was fine
. Tried out echoes and the multiplayer, and I don't think that's really enough to sustain the game long term unfortunately. Helluva single player though.[/QUOTE]

That scene was weird for me too - i leashed it and nothing happened and timer ran out, but then it just jumped to being inside.

Tried playing the final chapter on very hard and beat it - but apparently you need to play the whole game to unlock the achievement. Rats =]

I just started a Very Hard playthrough yesterday night, it's really not that bad. (coming from someone who usually never plays 'hard' or 'veteran' (COD) because they're usually retarded and not fun. This one, though, is fairly balanced and enjoyable. A few sections, like the train ride, will give you trouble for a few tries, though.

Why aren't more people commenting? Were most people too cheap to play Bulletstorm? :(

And lastly, this game is totally made for DLC. Not sure if the one that was announced it worthwhile, but I can see just about anything being added to this game. (not to mention there's plenty of time for Epic to work on it since Gears is coming out later this year)

I'm not sure if I'll trade this one in so quickly as I thought I might (since it'd be easy to make my money back). I really, thoroughly enjoy it.

Played about 50% through the campaign. It's very fun and fresh. Bioshock was the last FPS I felt actually brought something new.

Okay, I finished it today (on Normal). I'll take back my earlier statement - after 3-1, it got a LOT more fun. A LOT. I had several glitches towards the end - nothing like the ramp glitch, but "Out of Range" and "(hit B) RETURN" were stuck on my screen a few times after shooting the sniper rifle then get hitting by a drill while steering my bullet. I stuck with the assault rifle and sniper rifle for the majority of the game.

Kinda bummed I had to take it back, but I'll pick it up when it gets cheap.

Man, I went back to a couple of chapters for a couple of achievements I missed and realized just how much damn easier the game is on Normal vs Very Hard. On normal you can just stand in the open taking shots where on Very Hard it's like 2 hits and you're dead.

[quote name='Matt Young']Regarding the electro-flies, can you go back and kill missed ones after finishing the game or do you have to do it all in one run through the campaign?[/QUOTE]

You can go back through chapter select. I did that for 2 that I missed and the chapter select is really useful I found out because it gives you a summary of newsbots and electrofly counts for each chapter and how many you have.

[quote name='seanr1221']To get 100% of the skill shots, can I get some in Echos, or do they all have to be in campaign? I'm over 75% of the way there, and I think I can do it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but by the end of the game I was only missing 4 skillshots. Cannonball kill flying 200 ft w/ no bounce, Drill a thumped enemy into a standing enemy (FYI, you can use the charge shot), Shock a nom parasited enemy, and fling an enemy into an electrofly swarm. It was a good feeling to get that last skill-shot though :D

Just started this game tonight. Not sure if anyone has said this already, but in the very early stages i hear Tai's voice from Gears... some enemy screams "HE-YAAA" just like Tai. LOL

Gotta say I am going into this game bitter-sweet.

Tried to order from NEWEGG for $50 no tax or shipping, only for an email to say it was out of stock after I ordered. Checked all day before work, and it was still out.

So I purchased it off Gamestop for $45 after a 20 off coupon I had archived, (boo tax!)..and now Newegg has it in stock.

Basically I burned a coupon, but at least I will get into the Beta.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So far this game is pretty cool, but i dont see the point in all the little barriers you have to jump over. It just seems pointless.[/QUOTE]
To use as cover?

[quote name='Necrozilla']To use as cover?[/QUOTE]

Most of the ones ive run into are not even around enemies. I mean the barriers that are in the way of the path you need to go. You cant get around them unless you jump over them. BTW is there a way to get behind cover besides holding down the L analog stick?

Just picked this up last night and had a lot of fun with it. Time flew by. Tried to join a multiplayer game but it was stuck searching. Don't know if there aren't many people playing or my ISP (I know they are working on things in my area right now). None of the people on my friend's list have it either so I have nothing to compare to in leaderboards... :whistle2:S

The MP is god awful because I despise horde mode game play so I am extremely disappointed in that.

The SP is so over the top dumb that it actually is pretty fun.

I beat the game and didnt see any "partial nudity" in the game. Did i miss something? I read someone said you can kick open a flap on one of the mini bosses butt to reveal his butt cheeks. But i dont think i even did that, so i didnt see it. Is that what the partial nudity is?

Also i laughed when i did the
Ejaculation
skillshot kill.

I beat the game in 3 very casual days of renting it. I feel very sorry for anyone who bought this for more than the 8 bucks it cost to rent. Its not a bad game but its such a throw a way game that I cant even grasp why to own it past 5 or 6 days.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I beat the game in 3 very casual days of renting it. I feel very sorry for anyone who bought this for more than the 8 bucks it cost to rent. Its not a bad game but its such a throw a way game that I cant even grasp why to own it past 5 or 6 days.[/QUOTE]
For me, I really like the multiplayer and typically I don't like horde style games. I tried it out and its a lot of crazy fun.

Is there a part in the game around the fourth chapter where you....

...lose the leash its the part when you are trying to rescue Ishi from the plant he was eaten by

[quote name='ajh2298']Is there a part in the game around the fourth chapter where you....

...lose the leash its the part when you are trying to rescue Ishi from the plant he was eaten by
[/QUOTE]

I don't recall losing the leash there or at any other point in the game. I just started chapter 7 so I don't know past that point. But, I'm almost positive yo don't lost it in chapter 4.

Brokedown and pick this up from newegg for 40 even after all the badmouthing I did on it, I played for an hour or so last night, the single player isn't terrible, I'll give it that, it was what I expected.

The dialogue isn't completely cheesy and annoying yet but I'm sure it will get worse.

Lacking a jump button feels really awkward and I agree on the arbitrary barriers you have to run up to and press a to mantle over.

I dont see a reason for a jump button.

I guess the barriers are so people dont speed run past all the enemies. If you try to jump past the barriers before killing the enemies you automatically get shot in the back and die. Though there are parts of the game where there are no enemies and 2-3 barriers just in the way.

Beat it the other day and I'm very happy with this purchase. I'll say this...I can't think of another bad guy that I wanted to shoot in the face as much as Serrano. That mother f'er made you hate him.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Beat it the other day and I'm very happy with this purchase. I'll say this...I can't think of another bad guy that I wanted to shoot in the face as much as Serrano. That mother f'er made you hate him.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. What's worse is I can imagine my cousin being EXACTLY like him, if he was able to join the military (has that kind of voice and uses that kind of language frequently). Luckily, he was turned down due to medical issues, and became a geek instead. :D

I love the game, but with so many (I counted 16 at minimum) notable releases on consoles this year (starting with Dragon Age 2), I can't afford to keep it. Selling it (check trade list) if anyone's interested by chance. Trading it by tomorrow, if not, however.

Definitely coming back into my collection in the future. It's a good game for 'one of those days' when you just want to kick back and mutilate somebody. :fridge:

Wish I got more time in on MP, but 95% of my time spent in Anarchy was solo. Just couldn't really find anyone interested in playing it when I did. (avoided Quick Match, though)

I just beat this last night and contemplating trading it in. It was a blast and I loved every second of it, but I have no desire to try to get all the skillshots (only got around 70 without trying) and I hate playing online. Best Buy is currently offering $37 credit and after the baseball games come out this week I'm not going to want to play anything else anyway.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Beat it the other day and I'm very happy with this purchase. I'll say this...I can't think of another bad guy that I wanted to shoot in the face as much as Serrano. That mother f'er made you hate him.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Something about Serrano I just hated.

To those thinking about selling/trading....Amazon is giving $40 in trade. They make trading in games super easy, too. I traded in B-storm + Mortal Kombat vs DCU and got like $53 in trade (going towards Portal 2!!).

Agreed. Every time he would stop to open a door I would kick him in the back repeatedly.

[quote name='Renegade Moose']Agreed. Every time he would stop to open a door I would kick him in the back repeatedly.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I kinda wish that friendly NPCs reacted to kicks though. :|

*nudges Serrano into spikes*

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Can I get a used copy of this and still get into the Gears beta? I don't need a code or anything in the box right?[/QUOTE]

As it says on the back of the box....

Xbox live gold membership and xbox 360 hard drive required. Beta access requires the single use serial code enclosed with new, full retail purchase and is non transferable once used.

Does anybody around here play Anarchy mode or want to?
I've played it a few times with a couple of friends but only have 1 that really understands the importance of getting "team" kills.

bread's done
Back