It's that time of year - what's on your bi-annual DDD wishlist?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
As you're all probably aware, the Deep Discount DVD 20% off free shipping occurs two times a year. We're about two weeks away for the first sale of the year (second sale occuring around November). Are you guys getting a wishlist ready? If so what are the main targets?

Im going to limit myself this time around

DVD
Naruto Box Set #3 (if the sale is on during the 29th)
Bleach Vol 1-3

Blu-ray
Unforgiven
Warriors of Heaven and Earth
Ultimate Avengers 1&2
Road Warrior
Payback
Donnie Brasco
Beerfest

I was just checking stuff out and noticed there's an abnormally high quantity of dvds that are out of stock. Including my main target this year .. Planet Earth complete set.

[quote name='Maklershed']I was just checking stuff out and noticed there's an abnormally high quantity of dvds that are out of stock. Including my main target this year .. Planet Earth complete set.[/QUOTE]

Thats oos at alot of places.

But you can still place and order at DD even with the item being oos.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Thats oos at alot of places.[/QUOTE]

ya mines been on order the last 2 weeks. The damn website still says it is available, but it still yet to ship out.

I'm honestly buying little to nothing. Most of the stuff on my wishlist I've rented from bb online. So I only have about 3 or 4 things on my wishlist. Plus I've have all the boxsets I want.

The only thing I'm debating is buying some Simpson's boxsets. I had a few then sold them all. Thinking about picking some back up.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Im going to limit myself this time around

Ultimate Avengers 1&2
[/quote]
It would be a little over $25 with DD but it's only $28 right now at Amazon. I'll be waiting for DD but i thought i might just bring it up, the DVD looks great!
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=12176463#

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Avengers-Collection-Various/dp/B000NIVJGS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-6184858-8976165?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178416379&sr=8-3

I had no idea this even existed.

EDIT: actually it's $18 at FYE.com after GCO
http://www.fye.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=9996375&categoryId=55006

Once again I plan on spending a ton of money during this sale. Right now I'm planing on picking up the seasons of Buffy (seasons 6 and 7) and Angel (3-5) that I don't have, NCIS Season 3, Doctor Who Series 2, Scrubs Season 5, The 4400 Season 3, Extras Season 2, The Lost Room, Babylon 5 The Gathering/In the Begining, Ultraman Series 1 volume 2, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, Invasion of the Astro Monster, and maybe a few seasons of the Sopranos.
If I still have money after that I want Quantum Leap seasons 3-5, Batman Beyond Seasons 2 and 3, Superman TAS Volumes 1-3, the James Bonds Ultimate Collections, and seasons of Deep Space Nine.

Blood Diamond, The Departed, Borat, Spiderman 1+2 (I need new copies), The Godfather set (haven't seen it yet), The Goodfellas, Momento, se7en, some anime i've been holding back on... Did the sale start yet?

This 20% has never really perked my interest.. I have to spend mad dollars to feel like I'm really saving anything. There's stuff I want but it just doesn't make it cheap enough.

[quote name='red flare graf']This 20% has never really perked my interest.. I have to spend mad dollars to feel like I'm really saving anything. There's stuff I want but it just doesn't make it cheap enough.[/QUOTE]
also free shipping

[quote name='mr ryles']so whens the sale officially start? I want to get blood diamond on blu ray, but it's not out till 6/5[/QUOTE]

It should start the second week or of next month.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I just wanna pick u some more x-files sets.[/QUOTE]

Check out Costco if you have a membership the are selling for about 22 or 23 a season.

If the 20% sale does happen next month, I'm gonna stock up on any HD-DVDs that I can't get cheaper at Amazon (have the 10% extra deal going over there though).

Naruto sets 2 and 3, and Bleach (if those anime companies are participating).

I didn't know Scrubs 5 was going to be available then, but if so, that too.

I'm sure there'll be more that I think of before then--I could potentially go wild on this sale, but we'll see how it goes...

My list is...

Pokemon Advance Battle volumes 3-10
Tsubasa Vol 1 LE (may just buy before the sale sinces its a LE
animaniacs vol 2
chip n dale vol 2
home improvement season 5
pinky and the brain vol 1
pinky and the brain vol 2
spongebob s4 vol 1
spongebob s4 vol 2
survivor vanuatu

----

I think that's it. A few are on my birthday list so it all might change and my B-Day is on the 18th so it isn't too long of a wait. Why does everyone think the sale will be in 2 weeks? I remember it being mid-june and it's only the 5th of May.

I may go very light with this sale. I'm all caught up on most of the sets that are "must gets" for me. Possibly Battlestar Galactica (I got the first season set in the last DDD 20% sale but haven't watched it yet. I've never seen the show, so I bought the first season just based on all the good word of mouth it gets here) I might pick up Monk, seasons 3-5.

The November sale should have several sets that I'll want, but just aren't out yet, like The Office S3, Lost S3, Heroes S1.

[quote name='Maklershed']We're about two weeks away for the first sale of the year [/QUOTE]

Um, no. We're more like 6-7 weeks away

[quote name='gunm']If the 20% sale does happen next month, I'm gonna stock up on any HD-DVDs that I can't get cheaper at Amazon (have the 10% extra deal going over there though).

Naruto sets 2 and 3, and Bleach (if those anime companies are participating).

I didn't know Scrubs 5 was going to be available then, but if so, that too.

I'm sure there'll be more that I think of before then--I could potentially go wild on this sale, but we'll see how it goes...[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the first OVA. :D

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=10068358

Going to snag the 12 kingdoms economy boxsets if they have them. Any anime fans out there who doesnt have that series must do the same.

Dragon Ball Z Season 1 ($24.40)
Invader Zim Box Set ($14.51)
Simpsons Season 5 ($23.59)
Seinfeld Season 7 ($24.40)

That's about it. If there are better deals to be had elsewhere, mention it!

#1 priority is Royal Rumble Anthology. Then the last season of News Radio, the most recent Married with Children and Hogan's Heroes. Super Gals Vol 2, but I've a huge anime backlog to still get though, so I'm sticking to stuff I will watch right away rather than stuff I'd like to own.

[quote name='yukine']Dragon Ball Z Season 1 ($24.40)
Invader Zim Box Set ($14.51)
Simpsons Season 5 ($23.59)
Seinfeld Season 7 ($24.40)

That's about it. If there are better deals to be had elsewhere, mention it![/quote]While there is nothing at the moment that I know of, I thought I'd just throw this out there for those of you looking to buy tv shows: I strongly believe that nearly every regular tv show (ie anime and HBO don't count) will eventually hit the $20 price point, sitcoms (like The Simpsons & Scrubs) being much faster that dramas (like Lost, which I have only seen Season 1 hit $20 on Black Friday a couple years ago). Point being, if you simply can NOT wait, go for it, but unless DD has these shows priced at $20 and then 20% off, IMO it's not worth it. (Well, I suppose after factoring in tax it might be the same diff, but in CA a $20 set will still be a few bucks cheaper.).

I believe the Simpsons is worth $30 and usually buy it on release day, but just know that the sets hit $20, and lately very quick. I think Target JUST had them for $17.99, a stellar deal.

And I don't think I'll have any money for the sale cause of GS this week :p

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']While there is nothing at the moment that I know of, I thought I'd just throw this out there for those of you looking to buy tv shows: I strongly believe that nearly every regular tv show (ie anime and HBO don't count) will eventually hit the $20 price point, sitcoms (like The Simpsons & Scrubs) being much faster that dramas (like Lost, which I have only seen Season 1 hit $20 on Black Friday a couple years ago). Point being, if you simply can NOT wait, go for it, but unless DD has these shows priced at $20 and then 20% off, IMO it's not worth it. (Well, I suppose after factoring in tax it might be the same diff, but in CA current DD price is $23.99 after discount, while a set at $19.99 would be $21.42).

I believe the Simpsons is worth $30 and usually buy it on release day, but just know that the sets hit $20, and lately very quick. I think Target JUST had them for $17.99, a stellar deal.

And I don't think I'll have any money for the sale cause of GS this week :p[/quote]
Oh, I know. I bought Simpsons 1 - 4 for $17.99 each, and picked up Season 6 off a CAG for $22.00?

Seinfeld takes forever to drop, so that's fine there. And I don't really see DBZ going down anytime soon, I actually almost bought it yesterday for $35.00, I already saved myself $5.00 bucks. :lol:

I buy box sets of good television shows under $20.00 on a whim quite often. ;) Although I still haven't picked up Family Guy volumes for $20.00 yet.

[quote name='yukine']Oh, I know. I bought Simpsons 1 - 4 for $17.99 each, and picked up Season 6 off a CAG for $22.00?

Seinfeld takes forever to drop, so that's fine there. And I don't really see DBZ going down anytime soon, I actually almost bought it yesterday for $35.00, I already saved myself $5.00 bucks. :lol:

I buy box sets of good television shows under $20.00 on a whim. ;)[/quote]What I really need are the head sets of the Simpsons - I have the Homer Head (of course, since it was sold that way only - and then I ordered the special box) - but I still need marge, maggie, and lisa. Not sure if I really want to try to collect those though for collectings sake.

I think I just got all my crazy dvd set buying out of my system - I've got nearly everything I want, and can now just patiently and slowly grab them.

[quote name='Maklershed']I swore it started a week before memorial day last year?[/QUOTE]
Last year it ran from June 9-17

Well, Then how long does the sale last? I want the new Andy Griffith Box Set (released on May 29th). It's about $150, so 20% off would help.

Thanks

You'll be safe. Apparently I was wrong on when the sale begins. It would seem that the sale actually starts the first or second week of June.

Maybe the Descent Unrated, Pan's Labyrinth, I wish 300 and Grindhouse would come out by then, Office Season 1 and 2, Scrubs, Hopefully I don't remember anything else

Edit: Anyone know when 300 or Grindhouse come out?

bread's done
Back