IT'S THE FINAL MARKDOWN!!! (cue cheesy Europe song)

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
This is it. The last CC markdown or clearance list that I will be able to provide. Due to my store closing I've been laid off and my employment at CC has ended. The end of an era. I've been posting these for almost 4 years and it's been a good run. Personally, I recommend that no one shop at CC anymore due to them refusing to pay out earned PTO to all laid off employees but hey, that's just my opinion. Take care, CAG's, and I'll see you on the boards.

This is a compilation of the 11/21 and 12/5 lists so, yes, some of these are old.

:360:
Army of Two $29.99
Battlefield: Bad Company $39.99
Civilization: Revolution $39.99
Facebreaker $29.99
Fracture $39.99
Gears of War $29.99
Legendary $29.99
Madden NFL 09 collector's edition $59.99
NASCAR 09 $39.99
NBA Live 09 $49.99
NCAA Football 09 $49.99
Orange Box $19.99
Too Human $39.99

:ps3:
Army of Two $29.99
Battlefield: Bad Company $39.99
Civilization: Revolution $39.99
Facebreaker $29.99
Fracture $39.99
Legendary $29.99
Madden NFL 09 collector's edition $59.99
NASCAR 09 $39.99
NBA Live 09 $49.99
NCAA Football 09 $49.99
Orange Box $19.99

:wii:
All-Star Cheer Squad $39.99
Boogie Superstar w/mic $49.99
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 $29.99
My Sims $29.99
NBA Live 09 $39.99
Samba de Amigo $19.99

:ps2:
Mercenaries 2 $29.99
NASCAR 09 $29.99
NBA 2K9 $19.99
NBA Live 09 $29.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $29.99

:xbox:
Madden NFL 09 $19.99

:ds:
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 $19.99
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 $19.99
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 $29.99
Igor $19.99
My Sims $19.99
The Sims 2: Apartment Pets $19.99
The World Ends With You $29.99

:psp:
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 $19.99

seriously its been a pleasure reading your markdowns. I know how it feels losing a job I just lost mine at DHL because of piss poor management, so cheers and good luck!

I've lurked here for awhile and I want to thank you very much for your hard work and dedication you have given us the last four years. It really sucks to be laid off so I know how that feels. But I'll say an extra thank you for those who didn't. Thanks.

Thanks for your contributions. Sorry hear about the layoff. As for the PTO, don't know where you were working, but in CA I believe it's illegal not to pay for earned/unused PTO; you can file a wage claim with the state. Maybe your state has similar laws.

Well, I was already not shopping there since they went after Speedy. But now I'm double not going! Thanks for posting.

Though my Circuit City never had any of the titles you listed in your markdown threads (with the exception of No More Heroes - thanks!), nor is it one that is closing anytime soon (recently opened), thanks for providing a great service to your fellow CAGs

Thought about working for the competition? i.e. Bastard Buy?

Thanks for the memories neocisco! We all appreciate the deals you've brought us through the years. Best of luck in the future.

Neocisco, i salute you for your dedicated to all of us. Thanks for your hard work and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

[quote name='neocisco'] Personally, I recommend that no one shop at CC anymore due to them refusing to pay out earned PTO to all laid off employees but hey, that's just my opinion. [/QUOTE]

Agreed and sorry to hear that.

Cisco my friend, we all appreciate all the great work you've done. Not having your updates is going to hurt. It certainly is the end of an era.

Your hard work all this time is really appreciated, Neocisco. I always looked forward to the new clearance lists near the beginning of each month, which basically gave me the only reason to ever shop at CC; doubt I'll be going there much anymore. It's gonna feel like something is missing here without your updates. Thanks again, and best of luck in the future!

im pissed at circuit city. they built one near my house..and right before it was supposed to open...it closed.

sorry to hear you dont get your pto. i didnt know it was legal to refuse to pay it out.

Thank you for your service, your posts have always helped me save money and get ahead of everyone else with the clearance titles. I salute you!

I appreciate your continued involvement with this community. I'm surprised that Circuit City has managed to stay in business this long, but we'll see if what's left of the business can remain afloat next year.

Thank you Neo for all the info you have supplied us with CA deals at CC over the years :applause:

Hopefully someone else working at one of the 50 remaining CC stores will pick up the torch lol.

Thanks for all the hard work, neocisco, and for looking out for your fellow CAGs. Props for the Europe reference, too.

Thank you for my copies of Eternal Sonata and Fire Emblem at ridiculously low prices. Much appreciated, sir. No more CC for me.

Good luck Neo...I read about the company not paying out PTO because of the bankruptcy and I think it's disgusting - even moreso that it's actually legal! There was only one store in my district that was closed but I have a feeling after Christmas more stores are going to get the shaft.

Sorry about the job loss. Remember that the Japanese use the same word for crisis as they do for opportunity ("crisitunity"). In all seriousness, CAGers everywhere owe you a debt of gratitude.

And "The City" needs to be kicked in the nards for their crappy treatment of employees.

Thank you neocisco, its too bad CC is trying to put you in a van down by the river, but I'm sure things will work out.

[quote name='donut']Thanks neo! all the best...

Does anyone know if there is an extra 30% off clearance games today?[/quote]

CC sale prices are not valid at closing stores as all stock is being handled by a liquidator, IIRC.

I mean, you could try asking a manager about it, but that would be kind of salty.

I stopped by the CC at Glenway Crossing in Cincy. I just felt kind of miserable in there as the shelves are pretty bare already and the CC employees were still trying to sell the hell out of TVs and Audio setups.

I kinda felt bad.

Sorry to hear it... good luck with the job hunt, dude.

One silver lining from my perspective: I hate going to my local CC because it's a pit, but this thread often forced me to stomach it in search of a bargain. Knowing how they treated you guys will make it easier to bypass any potential deals.

Good luck dude! I hope you get a better job soon, I agree 100% with darylfoot here that leaving retail behind is a must as this is also what I'm trying to do...it's only getting worse.
Your efforts will be very missed! Again, best of luck to ya!

neocisco thanks alot for all your help over the years !
goodluck finding a new job nowhere to go but up !!!!
its guys like you that keep cag moving your posts from the cc world will be missed.
this just might be the start of something really good for ya think positive!

that bieng said....

circuit city powers that be take note, you see those prices that is why you soon will be joining your ex-employees whom you have treated like crap, in the unemployment line .
seriously you call that a markdown? you have got to be kidding me obviously you have learned nothing and your greed is finally catching up with you and is the #1 reason i have refused to shop at your stores for the last 3+ years and out of the over 100 games i have bought (brand new) over the last year exactly 0 have come from circuit city i really hope some CC exec reads this.

bread's done
Back