Jackie Chan & Jet Li, The Forbidden Kingdom Trailer

phatbunbao

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
forbidden-kingdom-poster.jpg

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/9BVo23wypgQ&rel=1[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7ny2bfXF0[/MEDIA]

A 21st Century American teenager takes a spellbinding, dangerous journey into martial arts legend in the new action/adventure epic FORBIDDEN KINGDOM. Shot on location in China, THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM marks the historic first-ever onscreen pairing of martial arts superstars Jackie Chan (RUSH HOUR, DRUNKEN MASTER) and Jet Li (FEARLESS, ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA), and features the awe-inspiring action choreography of Wo Ping (THE MATRIX, CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON). While hunting down bootleg kung-fu DVDs in a Chinatown pawnshop, Jason (played by Michael Angarano - “24”, “Will and Grace,” LORDS OF DOGTOWN, SEABISCUIT) makes an extraordinary discovery that sends him hurtling back in time to ancient China. There, Jason is charged with a monumental task: he must free the fabled warrior the Monkey King, who has been imprisoned by the evil Jade Warlord. Jason is joined in his quest by wise kung fu master Lu Yan (Jackie Chan) and a band of misfit warriors including Silent Monk (Jet Li). But only by learning the true precepts of kung fu can Jason hope to succeed - and find a way to get back home.

It comes out April 18, 2008

Thoughts?

[quote name='Kayden']If that guy is within 5 years of being a teenager, I'm a 16 year old girl on a prom date.[/quote]

Hey, baby :drool:

On topic, I've never been a fan of this type of premise, but the action does look pretty good. It's not exactly what I expected for the Jackie/Jet movie, but I guess we have to take what we can get these days.

[quote name='billyrox']i think the white dude looks a little out of place. i rather have chris tucker.[/QUOTE]

Oh GAWD.

[quote name='jaykrue']Interesting. They're doing Journey to the West. I thought I recognized that bo staff.[/quote]

Except with a little white monkey who will probably be just as unbearable as the guy in Transformers. Otherwise it looks suprisingly good.

Wow, another version of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"..... except no Martin Lawrence in this version.

As cool as Jacky Chan and Jet Li in the same movie is, I predict failure. Sorry, just my opinion.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I thought Jet Li retired?[/quote]

I think that retirement was from the classic kung fu-style movies. Fearless was supposed to be his last movie of that genre.

I predict this movie will be either an epic win or an failure. I can't tell yet because I have not seen the movie of course but it has the talent behind it to be awesome.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think that retirement was from the classic kung fu-style movies. Fearless was supposed to be his last movie of that genre.[/quote]

Ummmm what?

I dont understand. He retired from kung fu movies.......so he can do a kung fu movie?

[quote name='jaykrue']Interesting. They're doing Journey to the West. I thought I recognized that bo staff.[/quote]

See, they were saying that for a long time, and I was excited, but then they did this "white guy time travelling back to fight with kung fu guys" things and it really, REALLY worries me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ummmm what?

I dont understand. He retired from kung fu movies.......so he can do a kung fu movie?[/quote]

Everytime a new Jet Li movie comes out, this comes up. So once again, he said he was not going to be doing any more of the traditional epic/period kung fu films. So we won't see anything like Hero from him again. He's still free to do action movies. I think since this is some kind of hybrid fu movie (i.e. for stupid white American people), it doesn't count.

[quote name='sp00ge']Wow, another version of "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court"..... except no Martin Lawrence in this version.

As cool as Jacky Chan and Jet Li in the same movie is, I predict failure. Sorry, just my opinion.[/quote]

Since when did Jacky Chan make any good movies since the 90s? Lol.

[quote name='sp00ge']http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103950/

^Best Jackie Chan movie since the original Drunken Master 2. (not the crappy remastered, dubbed american-version "Legend of the Drunken Master") I'm serious, I own the City Hunter DVD and watch it several times a year. It's so bad it's good.[/QUOTE]

YES! I fuckING LOVE CITY HUNTER!

sorry for that out burst...

anyways, isn't this just like karate kid meets TMNT3 meets Rush Hour? and that guy looks like the guy from transformers - it's like a generic young goofy guy look.

Eh ... not for me. I like Chan and somewhat Li, but ... American director? Two guys past their prime? It being categorized as "drama"? I'm sure I'll see it, but not with much enthusiasm.

bread's done
Back