Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Looking for any of the Play Arts Final Fantasy figures around town. If anyone spots any in J-Ville let me know please.[/QUOTE]

Try FYE, comic shops (such as Universe of Superheroes and SunCoast) or you can wait around for EXP Con in St. Augustine and find a bunch of them in the dealers room.

[quote name='Mandy I Am']Try FYE, comic shops (such as Universe of Superheroes and SunCoast) or you can wait around for EXP Con in St. Augustine and find a bunch of them in the dealers room.[/QUOTE]

May have to check out Univ of Superheroes and Suncoast, live within 10 minutes of both. I hit Gotham City Comics and they only had a couple and mainly easy to find ones. Thanks.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']May have to check out Univ of Superheroes and Suncoast, live within 10 minutes of both. I hit Gotham City Comics and they only had a couple and mainly easy to find ones. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Ancient City Con also has a dealer or two that sells some of the Play Arts figures from Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Not sure when that is and where they'll have the convention next year. The last figures I saw at Universe were Cloud with his Fenrir and Sephiroth.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']There are Gamestops all over town you can probably find one at.

The one on Dunn Avenue is about 15 minutes from JU.[/QUOTE]

There should still be one in Regency Mall, which is 5 minutes from JU (straight up Arlington Expressway).
If you get on Southside Blvd and head south, there's one near the Tinseltown shopping center.
Or, if you're already there, you can drive over to St. Johns Town Center which has a Best Buy, Target, and two GameStops (at last check).

[quote name='Jazhuis']There should still be one in Regency Mall, which is 5 minutes from JU (straight up Arlington Expressway).
If you get on Southside Blvd and head south, there's one near the Tinseltown shopping center.
Or, if you're already there, you can drive over to St. Johns Town Center which has a Best Buy, Target, and two GameStops (at last check).[/QUOTE]

There is also one at the Avenues Mall; it's about 5-10 minutes from Tinseltown.

[quote name='Jazhuis']There should still be one in Regency Mall, which is 5 minutes from JU (straight up Arlington Expressway).
Or, if you're already there, you can drive over to St. Johns Town Center which has a Best Buy, Target, and two GameStops (at last check).[/QUOTE]

There are actually two by Tinseltown. One is on the same side of the road as the theater by T-Mobile/Subway/Supercuts, and there is one directly across the street in front of Publix.

[quote name='Player2']There are actually two by Tinseltown. One is on the same side of the road as the theater by T-Mobile/Subway/Supercuts, and there is one directly across the street in front of Publix.[/QUOTE]

The one by T-Mobile/Subway etc. is beter. Everytime I go to the one in front of Publix the guys who work there are a bit of douchebags.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']The one by T-Mobile/Subway etc. is beter. Everytime I go to the one in front of Publix the guys who work there are a bit of douchebags.[/QUOTE]Possibly because the one by T-Mobile/Subway used to be the Rhino Games, before GameStop bought them out. Also possibly because they might have more traffic because the one by Publix is as annoying to get to as Toys'R'Us used to be. :p

[quote name='Jazhuis']Possibly because the one by T-Mobile/Subway used to be the Rhino Games, before GameStop bought them out. Also possibly because they might have more traffic because the one by Publix is as annoying to get to as Toys'R'Us used to be. :p[/QUOTE]

So the fact they aren't busy is a reason to be more douchy? Hell I'd think they'd be nicer cause they see less people per day.

Leaving a post here so I can check back more easily.

I'm in St. Augie but not much goes on here, so Jax is the only place nearby :

[quote name='aptanor']Leaving a post here so I can check back more easily.

I'm in St. Augie but not much goes on here, so Jax is the only place nearby :

[quote name='sying']Blockbuster is pretty lame their selection that they have left is on the low side of the discounts, about 20%[/QUOTE]

I agree

[quote name='kalel52']Glad to see this thread is still alive.[/QUOTE]

Barely lol. Ok Jax CAGs, I'm looking for a cheap PS2 for my kids. If you see one around town let me know.

basically game force is your only option for the ps2, gamestop stopped selling them iirc.

Oh or Gorilla games if you are in Mandarin

[quote name='sying']basically game force is your only option for the ps2, gamestop stopped selling them iirc.

Oh or Gorilla games if you are in Mandarin[/QUOTE]

Gamestop still has them for $50. I actually just got one from someone for $20 shipped, so lucked out.

Hey guys, for those still looking for Borderlands GOTY for 360 some of the local Best Buy's have them in stock. These are normally $40, but BB website has them for in store pickup for 9.99 I got 2 copies from the Southside blvd location, they had at least 6 more in stock, hope this link works if not just to a search for Borderlands and scroll down to the GOTY one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderlands%3A+Game+of+the+Year+Edition+-+Xbox+360/1431386.p?id=1218258634966&skuId=1431386&st=borderlands&lp=2&cp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, for those still looking for Borderlands GOTY for 360 some the local Best Buy's have them in stock. These are normally $40, but BB website has them for in store pickup for 9.99 I got 2 copies from the Southside blvd location, they had at least 6 more in stock, hope this link works if not just to a search for Borderlands and scroll down to the GOTY one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderl...634966&skuId=1431386&st=borderlands&lp=2&cp=1

I noticed on the main deals forum that PSP UMD movies have been showing up in Dollar Tree's in various parts of the country. I've checked a few different Dollar Tree's multiple times but haven't seen any yet. Has anyone come across these at their local Dollar Tree?

I was at the Dollar Tree on University and St. Augustine Road not too long ago and I didn't see any UMDs there. Will have to check again at some point.

I checked the dollar tree at Beach and Hodges and the one on Beach near St Johns Bluff about a month and a half ago and didn't find any. Bought Dance Central for 9.97 a few days ago at the Avenues Sears.

bread's done
Back