Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

The Best Buy at Town Center has some decent games on 75% clearance I suggest you guys check it out

I got Pursuit Force 2 PSP, Wipeout Pulse PSP, Singstar Amped, Singstar Legends, Singstar Pops Vol. 2 for < $50

They had the Smackdown v. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition for like $15 I think....

This is off topic but I just figured I'd share a recent experience with fellow Jax Cagers.

I bought Wipeout Pulse at the Town Center Gamestop a couple days ago and then as noted in my post two above, I found it at Best Buy for 75% off. So anyways, I'm getting to a point here...

I figured the Regency Mall is a little closer to me so I'd just take it back to the Gamestop there and check out their selection to see if they had a couple games I wanted. What a huge mistake! Regency Mall is one of the most depressing places I've ever entered in my entire life.

The mall is filled with so many wannabe gangsters and pregnant 18 year olds that my stomach began churning almost immediately. It was like a swift kick in the balls that helped me remember why the Republican Party exists. I've mainly been in Gainesville for the past year so I really hadn't been exposed to the Regency Mall except maybe once before and it wasn't as bad then.

Is anyone else just completely disgusted with that place? No one was buying anything, it was just a social gathering. There was an air of desperation in the Gamestop near the food court. I heard both employees make the same jokes everytime to each person, refusing in a humorous to assist them in whatever they requested. Then I got to experience the B.O. of every individual in there, massive obesity filling the cramped aisles, and bizarre tales of pawning systems becuase he needed money only to be browsing for more games.

I'm never going back.

Bleak, you were lucky to leave with your life and dignity and with your car unharmed. Let that be a lesson to you that Regency Park mall sucks forever

Yeah I actually live closer to Regency than the Town Center but gladly make the farther drive.
Also I did recently see Henry Hatsworth and DS Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time in the Target clearance at the Avenues.

I was able to pick up 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand for 12.23 (PS3) and Prince of Persia for $14.25 at the Target on Beach and Hodges.

[quote name='macontosh2000']The Target near The Avenues mall had one copy of Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack: Operation Anchorage and The Pitt for 4.98.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Is it still there or did you get it?

[quote name='darth007']Sweet. Is it still there or did you get it?[/QUOTE]

I didnt get it, but i was there around 4 today so it could already be gone.

Up for 360 for 9.98 and GH: WT for 360 for 12.XX at super target on beach blvd. Also a lot of George Foreman grille's for ~30% off already discounted prices...

Negative on the Mass Effect. The Ponte Vedra Target has around 6 Rhythm Heavens left at $7.48. It comes out to $8.00 after tax, pretty cool.

I picked up the Golden Axe Beast Rider for 360 for $9.99 and I got the Resident Evil Degeneration dvd used for like $3 - not too bad.

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']the blockbuster by NAS jax is closing[/QUOTE]

Also the Beach and Hodges as well as the San Jose/Loretto rd stores, nothing much there though, cept cheap candy.

[quote name='bleak']This is off topic but I just figured I'd share a recent experience with fellow Jax Cagers.

I figured the Regency Mall is a little closer to me so I'd just take it back to the Gamestop there and check out their selection to see if they had a couple games I wanted. What a huge mistake! Regency Mall is one of the most depressing places I've ever entered in my entire life.

The mall is filled with so many wannabe gangsters and pregnant 18 year olds that my stomach began churning almost immediately. It was like a swift kick in the balls that helped me remember why the Republican Party exists. I've mainly been in Gainesville for the past year so I really hadn't been exposed to the Regency Mall except maybe once before and it wasn't as bad then.

Is anyone else just completely disgusted with that place? No one was buying anything, it was just a social gathering. There was an air of desperation in the Gamestop near the food court. I heard both employees make the same jokes everytime to each person, refusing in a humorous to assist them in whatever they requested. Then I got to experience the B.O. of every individual in there, massive obesity filling the cramped aisles, and bizarre tales of pawning systems becuase he needed money only to be browsing for more games.

I'm never going back.[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly this closed minded? You ever figure that maybe, those people like doing that stuff?
Our freedoms as American are an amazing thing, which reminds me why the Democratic and Libertarian partys exist, to preserve those freedoms of free choice.

Good day :)

ps. The blockbuster in Fleeming Island is still open.

I found the following at the Target on San Jose.

Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition (360) - 55.XX
Marvel Untimate Alliance 2 (PS2) - 13.XX
Shaun White Snowboarding (Target Edition) - 10.XX
Ghostbusters (DS) - 13.XX
Lego Indiana Jones and Batman (PSP) 13.XX (i think)

Lots of DS/PSP games for 13.XX or less.

[quote name='macontosh2000']360 controllers were 27.XX at the target on southside.[/QUOTE]

Wired and white / good deal IMHO may pick one up for use with the PC. They are in the corner of the store, next to the tooth pastes and the headphones.

Saw a couple of two pack deals at Orange Park Mall sears for Stormrise and bionic commando PS3 for 29.99. Also saw WWE Legends PS3 at Marsh Landing Target for 9.98.

Gameforce Mandarin on San Jose Blvd does. I think there is a Gameforce around the OP area or close to it...

[quote name='Lazy_Bum']Any place in the orange park area that resurfaces discs?[/QUOTE]

Gameforce Mandarin resurfaces discs...I think there is a Gameforce somewhere near OP.

Hey saw 1 Beatles Rock Band for 360 Limited Edition bundle on clearance for $67 at Target Fleming Island. I don't have a 360 so passed.

Also saw Best Buy OP is clearancing half off some games. Saw Buzz World PS3 for 19.99

The Blockbuster that is closing on San Jose (across the street from Wal-mart) had quite a few cheap games. Here are a few (all 360).
Lost - $6
Star Wars Clone Wars - $6
Iron Man - $6
Monsters Vs Aliens - $6
Sega Tennis - $4.99
G-Force - $9
Wall-E (NEW) - i think 9.99

They also had Bioshock 2 and Aliens Vs Predators (both in used blockbuster cases) in the $30-$40 price range, I believe.

And the Target on San Jose was already selling the Splinter Cell Conviction 360 Bundles. They only had 2 left when I was there.

[quote name='macontosh2000']The Blockbuster that is closing on San Jose (across the street from Wal-mart) had quite a few cheap games. Here are a few (all 360).
Lost - $6
Iron Man - $6
Monsters Vs Aliens - $6
Sega Tennis - $4.99
G-Force - $9

They also had Bioshock 2 and Aliens Vs Predators (both in used blockbuster cases) in the $30-$40 price range, I believe.

And the Target on San Jose was already selling the Splinter Cell Conviction 360 Bundles. They only had 2 left when I was there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll go by that blockbuster today and see if there's anything I want :bouncy:

[quote name='macontosh2000']The Blockbuster that is closing on San Jose (across the street from Wal-mart) had quite a few cheap games. Here are a few (all 360).
Lost - $6
Iron Man - $6
Monsters Vs Aliens - $6
Sega Tennis - $4.99
G-Force - $9

And the Target on San Jose was already selling the Splinter Cell Conviction 360 Bundles. They only had 2 left when I was there.[/QUOTE]

Did you see any Ps3 games?

[quote name='kalel52']Did you see any Ps3 games?[/QUOTE]

It was about 2 weeks ago so i dont really remember, they might of had a couple, but i am not sure. But by now most good games are probably gone.

[quote name='sying']2 band hero complete sets for PS3 at the southside target.[/QUOTE]

How Much and you think they are still there?

For what it's worth, Wal-Mart appears to have given up on discounting the 360 Wireless Microphones (Lips-style, not the headset) and gone to actual clearance. I know the San Jose Wal-Mart still has 3 for $19 each. Grab 'em all, and you have a completely wireless setup for RB:Beatles and RB3 later on.

I'm gonna be moving into Jacksonville University soon, any good game stores near there to hit up? And anybody in that area selling any Tales series games besides Phantasia and Symphonia? I decided I'm going to try to get them all. Mostly looking for Abyss and Vesperia right now.

[quote name='KingSpider']I'm gonna be moving into Jacksonville University soon, any good game stores near there to hit up? And anybody in that area selling any Tales series games besides Phantasia and Symphonia? I decided I'm going to try to get them all. Mostly looking for Abyss and Vesperia right now.[/QUOTE]

There's a Sears not too far from you that is a goldmine for clearance games. Haven't really been on that side of town in awhile, so I don't know too many other places than that. Go Dolphins!

[quote name='KingSpider']I'm gonna be moving into Jacksonville University soon, any good game stores near there to hit up? And anybody in that area selling any Tales series games besides Phantasia and Symphonia? I decided I'm going to try to get them all. Mostly looking for Abyss and Vesperia right now.[/QUOTE]

There are Gamestops all over town you can probably find one at.

The one on Dunn Avenue is about 15 minutes from JU.

Anyone in J-ville managed to find a K-Mart with Valkyria Chronicles 2 in stock for the $24.99 deal?

I called Orange Park, Blanding, and San Jose with no luck,and went into Normandy Blvd and didn't see it or a space for it.

bread's done
Back