Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:
How much ? Its a Large right?
[attachment=22360:Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 3.27.10 AM.png]

Best image i could find, It says "Adult Large" but it is more like XXL lol. The japanese branch of ATLUS mustve designed this shirt and labeled it because it is most definitely not a Large :nottalking:

Nintendo would censor puppies and kittens.

fClY7B2.png
quick! hide the emotion...or hide the female on female relations!

At least Berserk has that cool Dreamcast game that even made it here.
I'm actually playing it right now. Saw the trailer for the new anime series and it got me in the mood to play it again. Though I do wish we got that one PS2 game.

Nintendo would censor puppies and kittens.
fClY7B2.png
[
We all know that's just a effort to eliminate the competition to their next Nintendogs release.

Hey did anyone actually buy and enjoy the new TMNT game yet? I was wondering if it was worth like $25 digitally or something if I can still get it.

Looks like 999 may be getting a PC/Steam release. They've done the same kind of tease with Danganronpa.

Twitter Link

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/741167032591372289

Man I hate when we just get a game and then Japan gets an improved version. Burned me on Deception IV. I held off on getting Dengeki Bunko in the hopes that we'd get Ignition but who knows now. Now I don't want to buy Stranger of Sword City until this gets localized. If it ever does.
Were not going to get it. NIS aint going to bother

We wouldve gotten Ignition if Sega of Japan bothered to tell Sega of America what they were doing. But by that time, it was already too late fr them to do anything.

I recently got an email from NIS America saying that Grand Kingdom is being delayed until 6/28.  They didn't specify which version so I imagine both PS4 and Vita versions.  Physical versions only, digital will still release on 6/21.

I recently got an email from NIS America saying that Grand Kingdom is being delayed until 6/28. They didn't specify which version so I imagine both PS4 and Vita versions. Physical versions only, digital will still release on 6/21.
I wonder if that applies to all retailers, or just them. And damn that really bones me if its universal....that means Star Ocean 5 and that on the same day now.

Sounds like it's all physical copies everywhere, apparently something with eh packing facilities.
http://nisamerica.com/blog/grand-kingdom-release-changes
Well that sucks. I'd go digital, but I REALLY love the art style of the game and want that art book...Just sucks that theres gonna be like 4 RPG's releasing in the span of barely 1 week (Not even counting everything else). Gonna have hardly any time to devote to a single one

Despite buying LE games from several different companies in the past few months, they all came from the same warehouse in Texas. Just imagine the collector's market going crazy for LEs that might contain a Neptunia game or Mighty No 9 instead of the one on the box.

Man I hate when we just get a game and then Japan gets an improved version. Burned me on Deception IV. I held off on getting Dengeki Bunko in the hopes that we'd get Ignition but who knows now. Now I don't want to buy Stranger of Sword City until this gets localized. If it ever does.
I hear you, but I don't think we're going to get either of those updated games localized.

Is the Vita version of Gal*Gun going to have everything that's in the PS4 version? I'm trying to figure out which one to preorder.

I need justification to pick up atelier sophie today rather than wait 12 months for it to go on sale. Are there any 10% or 20% off PSN coupon deals going around? Should I just bite the bullet? It is my favorite game series, but I find it hard to justify buying a digital game at MSRP.

Is the Vita version of Gal*Gun going to have everything that's in the PS4 version? I'm trying to figure out which one to preorder.
If you're talking about the contents of the LE I think they're the same. The games are the exact same, though there's some touchscreen mechanics for the vita. Not sure how that's handled on the PS4. One thing you should note though is aiming is not very good with the vita's thumbsticks. Not sure if the ps4 controller is any better. And expect frame rate drops galore on the vita.

Shared Between Both Versions

• Game Contents – The contents of the game are basically the same, though there are some differences between using the controller and touch controls.
  • Cross-Save and Cross-Goods Support – You can use the same save data across both versions. Any downloadable content you purchase can also be used across both versions.
PS Vita Version

• Game Size – The downloadable version of the game requires more than 2GB of free memory card space.
  • Peripheral Support – PlayStation TV is not supported.
  • Game Contents / Doki Doki Mode – In the PS Vita version, Doki Doki Mode supports touchscreen input. You can also play Doki Doki Mode vertically.
PlayStation 4 Version

• Game Contents – The downloadable version, as well as the retail version install, requires 2.6GB of free hard drive space.
  • Peripheral Support – PlayStation Move is not supported.
  • Game Contents / Graphics – The PlayStation 4 version looks nicer than the PS Vita version.
  • Game Contents / Panic Screen – The PlayStation 4 version features an exclusive “Mama Kita Gamen” (“Mom’s Arrived Screen”), which makes the game turn into an RPG to keep players from looking indecent if someone enters the room.
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/gal-gun-double-peace-ps4-ps-vita-differences-outlined

Isn't the Grand Kingdom Lite Demo the same thing as the Beta that was released before? Except no online content?
Yes. It is basically the first two missions, one of which is a tutorial. Second introduces some new field mechanics and that's about it.

I swear I'm gonna get around to playing Time and Eternity one of these days. I'm sure it can't be as bad as you all say.....

I really can't say I like Sophie. The puzzle bullshit is dumb and there's no sense of exploration when going to an area. Shallie even managed to do that without the time limit. There's these two kids that get introduced early on that seem like they're going to wreck shit and become evil but after making the book into a person I've lost interest.

Considering the game completely flopped in Japan, they're probably taking the localization budget to retool the game based on the feedback they got. 

bread's done
Back