Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
If nobodies read their spam from Rice Digital yet, they've made yet another version of Gal*Gun. Now there's a "Limited Edition", which has an artbook, DLC, and a box. It's the same stuff as the VGP "Launch Edition" except it comes with a box. The extra cost to get a box isn't worth it, but it'll probably go on sale?
j ust read that, sent them a blast email asking why they have this in stock yet apparently still cant ship my order,

Rice digital is the prime example of why a monopoly is bad. Never buying from them again on principle, even if I have to miss things.

Rice digital is the prime example of why a monopoly is bad. Never buying from them again on principle, even if I have to miss things.
I like how Rice Digital is blaming the overwhelming demand from overseas as a reason for the issues. For a North American release. How about you have Amazon US sell your North American CE next time, Rice?

As nice as the MeiQ Limited Edition looks, in the end I will be skipping it. I'm not really a fan of the first-person dungeon crawler genre and I just noticed that this is what the game is. (I know, I should have known sooner)

I'm also skipping it because there's a bunch of stuff coming out soon and I won't be able to afford them all if I keep getting any LE that looks nice to me. Guess I need to prioritize stuff now lol. Plus, the fact that I just ordered an expensive figure without really thinking it over kind of ruined my games budget for the month. (For some reason I can't resist buying figures of a certain character....)

Do you also pass on everything from NISA or Idea Factory? Exclusive is fine, they just need a US distributor.

I know for that PQube stuff I'm OK with Amazon regular retail copies (no Prime so not getting them on release unless I want them). I do help eventually the LE stuff becomes a bit easier to get for a fair price, as the prices are way out of my comfort range. 

I already have an "ergonomic" mousepad from one of the Agarest editions, but I went for the MeiQ LE anyway. Kind of wish they picked a different character for the mousepad, at least.

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death-artwork-2.png

I already have an "ergonomic" mousepad from one of the Agarest editions, but I went for the MeiQ LE anyway. Kind of wish they picked a different character for the mousepad, at least.

MeiQ-Labyrinth-of-Death-artwork-2.png
I actually like those mouse pads. I have a normal looking one at work and at home. I also have the one from the School Days Collector's Edition. They are comfy and neat. I am not crazy about the girl chosen, but it's cheap, and I like having OSTs as well. I would have preferred any of the other girls honestly either the White of Black mage. I do hope this game is better than the usual CH fodder, but I honestly want to support them producing something not Neptunia (yeah I don't find it that great....it's alright and I get them all eventually....but they are just OK).

I just picked up Megadimension Neptunia VII and Nights of Azure from Gamefly used for $19.99 each.   I'm happy because that's my target price point for these backlog niche games for the collection.

I didn't think Gamefly would charge tax in my state though.  Rats!

I just picked up Megadimension Neptunia VII and Nights of Azure from Gamefly used for $19.99 each. I'm happy because that's my target price point for these backlog niche games for the collection.

I didn't think Gamefly would charge tax in my state though. Rats!
thanks for posting this. I grabbed both as well!

The King of Fighters XIV Gets New Trailer Starring Team Another World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZUm93U8XA

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice launches September 8 in the west

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5_a4UKznY

Criminal Girls 2 Trailer Introduces Lily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0z1fp7bEGQ

MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death Shows Off Awesome Opening Movie and New Dungeon Screenshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPorHdyurWQ

River City: Tokyo Rumble details characters

Final Fantasy XV DLCs Detailed: Playable Gladio, Ignis and Prompto and “Completely New” Expansion

Booster Pack - You can get free powerful weapons that can give an advantage and make battles more exhilarating.

Episode Gladio - A new episode focused on Noctis’ companion Gladiolus; In this episode you can control Gladiolus as a playable character.

Holiday Pack - You can get free items that let you decorate the game and make it more colorful.

Episode Ignis - A new episode focused on Noctis’ companion Ignis; In this episode you can control Ignis as a playable character.

Episode Prompto - A new episode focused on Noctis’ companion Prompto; In this episode you can control Prompto as a playable character.

Expansion Pack - This expansion pack makes it possible to play Final Fantasy XV in a completely new way.

Yakuza 6 Gets Seven New Trailers: Shows Characters and Actors, Including Takeshi Kitano

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X Trailer For PS4 Shows Its Beauty Medley “Glossy Mixture”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbx-gy3xZI

Rumor going around that Final Fantasy XV got delayed till November 29th. Apparently this site has been right a couple times in the past according to GAF

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-final-fantasy-xv-has-been-delayed-to-november-29th
As much as I want the game, which is quite a bit, I wouldn't mind a two month delay just to make a mess of things for all the resellers that put the limited editions up on eBay with the original September release date as the ship date. I'm a dick like that.

Fate/Extella Coming to Europe and Australia With Possible Limited Edition

There have been no limited edition announcements for other regions

Falcom’s Gurumin 3D Gets New Trailer for The Western Exclusive 3DS Version

Currently, the publisher is letting fans know that if the game does well, they hope to release an update to patch in the original Japanese voice over. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhQKojeAY4

Persona 5 ‘Making Infiltration Tools’ and ‘Playing Star Forneus’ gameplay

Demon Gaze II second trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdQZvrWKjE

As much as I want the game, which is quite a bit, I wouldn't mind a two month delay just to make a mess of things for all the resellers that put the limited editions up on eBay with the original September release date as the ship date. I'm a dick like that.
Lol a lot of people would get boned by that.

I wouldn't really mind....300$ in my pocket I can use toward PSVR instead. Wasn't looking forward to the UCE at the end of September, then the VR barely 2 weeks later. (And possibly the Neo soon too, and all the other fucking games coming out as well)

Lol a lot of people would get boned by that.

I wouldn't really mind....300$ in my pocket I can use toward PSVR instead. Wasn't looking forward to the UCE at the end of September, then the VR barely 2 weeks later. (And possibly the Neo soon too, and all the other fucking games coming out as well)
But if it did release on time, you could flip it for like $600 and get a PSVR for your dog too. Just imagine the possibilities.

Another JRPG coming next year for PS4/Vita, The  Emerald Tablet 

https://twitter.com/ellyberries/status/764508728074928128

Another JRPG coming next year for PS4/Vita, The Emerald Tablet

Turn-Based Recettear (maybe)? I suppose that piques my interests.

It looks like it has a shop front and a debt system anyways.

Another JRPG coming next year for PS4/Vita, The Emerald Tablet

Damn, the Vita is Life, man this thing just keeps going, and going, and..........

I swear each week I see at least a couple of new games announced.

The Vita will have more games released at retail in 2016 than any year since 2012.   There's still some life left. :)

The Vita will have more games released at retail in 2016 than any year since 2012. There's still some life left. :)
It's the console I buy the most for whether its physical or digital. There's just something about being able to play your games on the go. If only I had something like it as a kid those 9 hour family trips wouldn't have been so "long" feeling.

The Vita version will instantly sell out, that's for sure
For sure. I see it going about as quickly as the Limited Run games normally do. Depending on the number they're selling. I've never been a huge VN fan, but I've been buying them to support the sales in NA. Plus, they're a good change of pace in between other types of games.

For sure. I see it going about as quickly as the Limited Run games normally do. Depending on the number they're selling. I've never been a huge VN fan, but I've been buying them to support the sales in NA. Plus, they're a good change of pace in between other types of games.
they'll underproduce the Vita version and overproduce the PS4 ver again

Some Sekai Project Announcements Otakon.

We already posted about the Narcissu Ps4/Vita copies and The Emerald Tablet.

Another new one is Dairy Princess, some doujin looking farm building game:

Link

Another trailer for The Human Reignition Project:

Link

New trailer for Memory's Dogma:

Link

New trailer for Yume no Sono:

Link

Good to see them working with doujin creators. I much prefer that to them releasing non 18+ visual novels that have 18+ versions on Steam and not releasing the other versions in a timely manner (always mention this for Sekai Project sorry!).

The VITA sure does have alot of games coming out before the end of the year, too bad other consoles have better games coming out  :whistle2:

Seems to have been proven false. The standee we got in has a 9-30-16 release date on it.

Looks like the FFXV delay may not actually be fake.

final_fantasy_xv_launches_nov_29__large.jpg

I'm totally fine with this. Could also be a fake image, but I'd prefer the delay personally.

The amount of rage the internet would unleash over the delay would be hilarious to watch. Also its pretty funny to remember how much money Square Enix had to have blown on that release day reveal event, only for it to be delayed now.

bread's done
Back