Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad Fate isn't launching in Nov. With all the expensive stuff coming in Oct/Nov I had to put off getting it day one.  I also wish the LE had a soundtrack, but I still think it looks nice.  Those art cards look awesome, I'll probably opt for the LE.

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star Gets Limited Edition and New Trailer

xkugrp.jpg
Um... this may seem a bit silly but I'm kind of confused by the cloth poster. The girl on the left, (Caster?), what are those things under and a bit to the left of her head? I thought those were her bosoms, but then look at the artbook... no way they are that big.

Um... this may seem a bit silly but I'm kind of confused by the cloth poster. The girl on the left, (Caster?), what are those things under and a bit to the left of her head? I thought those were her bosoms, but then look at the artbook... no way they are that big.
No, they're really that big.

I'm definitely getting the LE, it's pretty nice. I don't mind the difference between it and the Japanese LE since I have that one ordered as well lol.

The delayed release is kinda disappointing, but makes sense I guess. Like everyone else, I'll be busy with the other stuff launching in November and I'll be playing the import copy, so I'll be patient for XSEED's localization.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has become the free to play core fighters version now.

You can still buy the full game if you want.

You can also get Mila for free if you "buy" her this month.

I'm definitely getting the LE, it's pretty nice. I don't mind the difference between it and the Japanese LE since I have that one ordered as well lol.

The delayed release is kinda disappointing, but makes sense I guess. Like everyone else, I'll be busy with the other stuff launching in November and I'll be playing the import copy, so I'll be patient for XSEED's localization.
Where did you preorder the JP version? I looked at a few sites and they were selling at a markup.

They ditched the Vita platform. Not buying.
People just have to face it that Japanese developers are now developing for the PS4 and starting a bit to ditch the ps3/vita dual releases. I for one am for it in hoping that we get better developed games taking more advantage of the PS4's power. I feel this next year will really be the time when Vita releases are few and far between other than developers who want to do the dual vita/ps4 thing or a cheaper Vita release such as Compile Hearts games.

Can't wait to rekt all the scrubs with best senran Yomi.

1394486907962_zpsxqza8z5t.gif

People just have to face it that Japanese developers are now developing for the PS4 and starting a bit to ditch the ps3/vita dual releases. I for one am for it in hoping that we get better developed games taking more advantage of the PS4's power. I feel this next year will really be the time when Vita releases are few and far between other than developers who want to do the dual vita/ps4 thing or a cheaper Vita release such as Compile Hearts games.
Kenichiro Takaki truly is putting the PS4 power to good use according to that article.

He also mentioned that PS4 is his favorite platform to work with: not only he likes the console, but since the visual level is high, it allows the display of the girls’ cuteness in greater detail.

I am accepting it. Still gonna go down crying like a baby since the VITA is my lifeline during my two hour daily commute.

Also after a days work and putting the kid to sleep I really cant muster up any energy to turn on the tv and ps4, often just crash on my bed and keep plaging my Vita.

That Senran Kagura interview is pretty entertaining and worth a read.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/06/senran-kagura-peach-beach-splash-interview-producer-talks-ps4-fanservice-vr-features-and-much-more/

For example:

G: Team Ninja has its Soft Engine for body physics, are you preparing something similar for your game?

KT: I know the people from Team Ninja, but I’m trying to create an even more awesome boob engine.

G: Is there friendly competition on who makes the better boobs?

KT: I’m going to make the best boobs.

Where did you preorder the JP version? I looked at a few sites and they were selling at a markup.
I used Play-Asia. They didn't have anymore PS4+Vita combo LEs with the mousepad when I ordered mine unfortunately, so I just pre-ordered the LE with just the PS4 game, artbook, collectors box and the Tamamo wall scroll.

Huh, GreenManGaming, a site that's always been a PC game sale site is adding in digital key sales of PS4, Xbox One, Wii U & 3DS. Would be nice to have some real sales from time-to-time, but I won't get my hopes up.

But aren't they based in the UK? So it'll be region locked? I assume you can't buy a code from the UK to redeem on a US account, but I've never actually tried.

For the fire emblem fates fans.

godofwar71475810164.jpeg
I'm still waiting for that Kamui/Corrin figma that is coming out and the reprint of the Robin amiibo. Lucina should be coming in a week, so I will finally have a reason to play Fates again and finish Conquest. Plus I just got confirmation of a release date for the Fire Emblem Awakening Artbook by Dark Horse (about damn time). It's great to be a FE collector right now.

bread's done
Back