Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol at squarehard being blessed by RNGesus.
I honestly have no clue what I'm doing in the game atm, lol.

It's much funs though, and it sounds like I'm getting a pretty good start on things.

bnomQNW.png

8SmS0OV.png

Man i'm jealous of your decent healers. I'm raising up an Azama and well i got him up to lvl 12. I'm hoping to eventually raise his star level. Maybe i'll be lucky on my next roll and get a healer like Sakura. Least I have a healer to go along with my million red users. I am very glad for Camilla though. She's strong and even without a healer....I may be able to do 9-5 on normal. 

I got a duplicate Lyn 5* on my 4th pull round =/ Not sure how to feel about getting rare duplicates already
Feel good about it. You can strengthen your first lyn additional levels by merging them. When the levels get capped, the only way to get stronger will be through duplicate merging I imagine.

For anyone who isn't as lucky as Squarehard and wants a fresh/good start, I found a decent rerolling guide that runs a macro for FEH. You need nox android emulator. I've got 4 instances running and it's working alright so far.

I can't get over your insane luck, Squarehard.  Some people have done 5+ full rolls on their current game and only have 1-2 5*s...

On the other hand, you don't have a single healer yet.   I'm not sure how the harder maps will go with all 5* dps and no healer.  On the bright side you'll get one soon.  I think I've rolled like five healers in my playthrough, dismissed one, and even the 3* healers are sufficient. 

Yeah, it appears I'll probably need a healer pretty soon.  For a second I thought nitrosmob was talking to me, and I was excited that I had one, but then I realized it was someone else, so I got sad again.

I was actually getting nervous on that second pack because the first 3 that I opened were the 3* ones on the bottom right, so I was like, "Crap. I'm boned."

Glad the last two worked out at the very least. :p

A reseller, unfortunately, at an inflated price. It was exclusive to Capcom Japan's online store, so that's the only option now. I had some extra from selling off chunks of my game collection, and also feel a bit better about having an expensive figure to display than an expensive game I enjoyed, but don't want to play again.

And now I get to have a themed shelf..

Bvjsj7Z.jpg
Nice display case, where was the reseller located at? eBay?

Nioh Preorder coming from amazon today and they sent me two separate preorder codes containing the same items lol. (The two Armors and Dynamic Theme).

Dont know if im lucky or this happened to everyone else. so if you preordered from amazon, check to see if you received double codes. 

Ill probably try and trade my extra code for a January release preorder code since i missed those releases. (Gravity Rush 2) 

Nioh Preorder coming from amazon today and they sent me two separate preorder codes containing the same items lol. (The two Armors and Dynamic Theme).

Dont know if im lucky or this happened to everyone else. so if you preordered from amazon, check to see if you received double codes.

Ill probably try and trade my extra code for a January release preorder code since i missed those releases. (Gravity Rush 2)
That explains why I got two codes, but for some reason the first one I tried didn't work.

They did a twitter thing with FE Heroes and when it is over we all get 10K feathers.

Will be nice since I only have 1000, and I would like to promote Odin or Cherche or save them for a really good upgrade.

Hope they do more.

LInk

Nice display case, where was the reseller located at? eBay?
Yeah, it was an eBay seller. There was an open, but basically still new one, that was already in the US so I went for that one.

The Heart Hunter Miku fits the theme too.. I'm starting to see why everyone else is complaining about being dragged back into the figure market when they thought they were done.

Damn, they changed how Nioh co-op works with regards to the Tori Gate. Currently you have to beat a level for it to show up on the list. Hopefully this will get patched out.

What do you recommend to emulate android on pc?
I had the least issues with Nox. You can also run multiple virtual machines at the same time with it. Each instance took up around 700MB of memory and 7% CPU usage. You'll also need to get the APK to install the game and each instance should be a RAW and not a copy of another instance.

What do you recommend to emulate android on pc?
I use Nox App Player. It has a built in macro recorder system that can automate most of the rerolling for you. Like Draekon said, download and install the FEH APK from elsewhere. I couldn't find it on the emulated play store.

The emulator can be rooted so you don't have to redownload the game each time. You just have to go to data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs in the file explorer and delete the deviceaccount file. This resets your accounts. You can follow the guide I posted earlier or record your own macros/mouse clicks. If you have enough RAM and CPU power, you can run multiple instances of the emulator. Turn down the frames in the settings if you have performance issues.

That explains why I got two codes, but for some reason the first one I tried didn't work.
I took a glance at the Nioh Reddit and it seems that this happened to everyone who ordered through amazon.

The first code sent expired after a few hours, Luckly i was able to redeem mine through the PS App on my phone before it did.

So my second code is basically an extra.

Whats irks me is amazon is now giving out a separate DLC code for a "crimson armor set" if you order the game before Feb 20th.

But those who preordered the game do not receive that code. Which is absolute BS.

This is what I found yesterday. And I couldn't get it to work
Did you have problems running the macros or did they not show up? I had to get rid of the .txt extension on the records file to get it to even show up. The records file wasn't in the zip file I downloaded either, but someone else posted the records file on the reddit thread. It's also recommended to run it in tablet mode or else the clicks might not register.

I took a glance at the Nioh Reddit and it seems that this happened to everyone who ordered through amazon.

The first code sent expired after a few hours, Luckly i was able to redeem mine through the PS App on my phone before it did.

So my second code is basically an extra.

Whats irks me is amazon is now giving out a separate DLC code for a "crimson armor set" if you order the game before Feb 20th.

But those who preordered the game do not receive that code. Which is absolute BS.
I see the Crimson Armor Set in the confirmation email for redeeming my preorder code, but it's called "Japan's Greatest Warrior" or something to that effect in my Purchase History.

I use Nox App Player. It has a built in macro recorder system that can automate most of the rerolling for you. Like Draekon said, download and install the FEH APK from elsewhere. I couldn't find it on the emulated play store.

The emulator can be rooted so you don't have to redownload the game each time. You just have to go to data/data/com.nintendo.zaba/shared_prefs in the file explorer and delete the deviceaccount file. This resets your accounts. You can follow the guide I posted earlier or record your own macros/mouse clicks. If you have enough RAM and CPU power, you can run multiple instances of the emulator. Turn down the frames in the settings if you have performance issues.
I may be retarded. The emulator isn't registering mouse clicks. I can access the menus and the sidebar stuff but if I click on the screen it's not reacting at all.

I see the Crimson Armor Set in the confirmation email for redeeming my preorder code, but it's called "Japan's Greatest Warrior" or something to that effect in my Purchase History.
Crimson Armor set looks to be different from that armor.

The Japanese Greatest Warrior set is something that looks straight out of Sengoku Basara (It's the red armor with Antlers on the helmet).

Edit -

Ok did some checking and looks like the Crimson armor is Actually the "Nioh Armor".

Koei needs to settle on a single name for their dlc and stick to it lol.

I thought they would've learned after the confusion with Mark of the Warrior, Conqueror and Strong from the demo. (Two of which gave the same content).

Crimson Armor set looks to be different from that armor.

The Japanese Greatest Warrior set is something that looks straight out of Sengoku Basara (It's the red armor with Antlers on the helmet).

Edit -

Ok did some checking and looks like the Crimson armor is Actually the "Nioh Armor".

Koei needs to settle on a single name for their dlc and stick to it lol.

I thought they would've learned after the confusion with Mark of the Warrior, Conqueror and Strong from the demo. (Two of which gave the same content).
I see three pieces of the DLC I redeemed earlier:

-Nioh Armor Set

-Nioh Crimson Armor Set

-Nioh Bloody Grave Dynamic Theme

Are you sure the Crimson Armor there isn't the same as what Amazon's offering now? I definitely remember a "Nioh Armor" listing above the Crimson Armor set when I redeemed the code.

I see three pieces of the DLC I redeemed earlier:

-Nioh Armor Set

-Nioh Crimson Armor Set

-Nioh Bloody Grave Dynamic Theme

Are you sure the Crimson Armor there isn't the same as what Amazon's offering now?
Sorry for the confusion, but yea you're right the Crimson armor is the Japanese Solider Armor.

What threw me off is the photo on Amazon is showing the Nioh Armor and labeling it as Crimson Armor.

So i blame Amazon and Koei for the confusion lol. :wall:

Basically Crimson = Red = The Japanese Solider Set = Everyone Gets it till Feb 20th if you order. :D/

I may be retarded. The emulator isn't registering mouse clicks. I can access the menus and the sidebar stuff but if I click on the screen it's not reacting at all.
Not sure what is going wrong, but you can't click anything in the window if the settings menu is open. Otherwise try to restart it or reinstall if you have to.

Also switch the graphics rendering mode to OpenGL. I couldn't see any of the videos in FEH using DirectX.

Did you have problems running the macros or did they not show up? I had to get rid of the .txt extension on the records file to get it to even show up. The records file wasn't in the zip file I downloaded either, but someone else posted the records file on the reddit thread. It's also recommended to run it in tablet mode or else the clicks might not register.
I couldn't get the macros to show. I appreciate that the guy took all the time to make the macros and share them, but his instructions were awful...I'll try tonight with removing the txt extension.

I think these emulators are pretty cool, but they definitely need a little more debugging. I couldn't get them to work on any on my work pc. My home laptop ran it fine, along with several instances.

Yeah, it was an eBay seller. There was an open, but basically still new one, that was already in the US so I went for that one.

The Heart Hunter Miku fits the theme too.. I'm starting to see why everyone else is complaining about being dragged back into the figure market when they thought they were done.
How much did you pay by chance? I'm curious.

So now that I've had a little time to build up Clarine, she's actually a pretty solid healer, so I guess what I got in my third summoning session wasn't horrible, and since I got two of her I can build her up more (if that really even matters for a healer), so I guess it could've been worse.  Also, with the whole horse thing, she's very mobile as well.

I do have to say it was a nightmare trying to level her up early without an attack skill, lol.

Clarine is supposed to be the "best" healer.  Probably because she moves three squares as a cavalier.  Now that we are all getting 10,000 feathers you can use 2000 of them to upgrade her to 4* as well.

I pulled a 5* Jakob the butler last night.  He uses shuriken/dagger and debuffs foes def/res -7 on attacks.  Not sure what to do with him. 

I'm super excited because now I can use all these feathers to upgrade all 3 story characters to 4*.  I recommend doing it.  They are reasonably strong as lvl 27 3*s. Another 15k feathers and I can have a single 5* Shareena or Anna!

Yea pretty much. That's what this +10 means in this pic

1486320055950.jpg

just for lols http://imgur.com/a/BSH49
And here I thought I was the worse whale in this game....My summoned list comes nowhere close to that though lol

I won't be buying orbs for a while though, I'll probably wait for an Azura or Sakura rate up.

Plus, Fate/GO just announced Mysterious Heroine X Alter for tomorrow's gacha, so that will have my full attention.

Damn mobile games

Hot damn, is the feather bonus today?

I might do that for Clarine then.  Will it make that much of a difference though do you think, or should I save them for someone else?

Also, gz on Jakob.  He seems like he might be pretty good for those stages in tight spaces.  Just bring a person that can kite behind him, and when someone gets wedged, just debuff, then snipe down from behind.  Not sure how squishy he is though, so this could backfire, lol.

I don't know when they will send them out, from that Twitter thing posted above.  You just have to get characters to level 20 first before you can promote them. 

It's best to get all your low level grinding in on your characters now since the Training Tower is half stamina price for the first three weeks. 

Well, just rolled my fourth summoning session.

3bV3qIH.png

I guess I can feed my 4* Tiki to this one now. That's how it works though right? Or would I have to level her up too before doing so?

I don't know when they will send them out, from that Twitter thing posted above. You just have to get characters to level 20 first before you can promote them.

It's best to get all your low level grinding in on your characters now since the Training Tower is half stamina price for the first three weeks.
Oh, I had no idea the Training Tower is at half cost right now. Better go through them now then, lol.

Good heads up. :D

Lissa free unit is an OK healer for those who can't pull one as she's on the battle banner right now. I wish i had a cavalier unit for healing but Azama is proving to be pretty decent. Takes hits extremely well, good debuffs (though I need to upgrade his star level), and decent attack. Overall a decent guy, though I would prefer one who didn't have to be right next to the unit. Course when he's near the debuffs start getting handed out.

Also with the club who beat 9-5 on normal now. Hopefully next time (if there is a next time) I take it on in hard I can have a decent healer to make it easier.

Wrys actually seems like he can do work, but as you've noted, now that I've been using a cavalier unit for healing, I can't imagine the headache of moving down mobility wise to someone much slower.  His support skills seems incredibly powerful, useful though, so I'm conflicted. ~_~

I've gotten three healers up to 25 now and I can honestly say that the most important thing is just having one. a healer is a healer.  oh and Imbue.  Can't live without that. But all eight healers have Imbue.  I can't imagine myself switching away from it for a different special. 

The good ones all have a nice secondary feature like stronger attack rating or +1 movement.  But I would get one with passive adjacent +/-  attack or defense and call it a day.  That's probably best secondary ability. 

He has Heavenly Light, which from the wording, seems like a global 10hp heal. @_@

I think in this case it wouldn't really matter how mobile he is, lol.

Yeah, you've convinced me.  I'll start working on him. XD

Might be tonight or in the morning from the post.

Yes but to level the character from one star level to the next, they must be at level 20.

Also Is Fate/Grand Order in English?

Also Is Fate/Grand Order in English?
Unfortunately, it's not. And I don't think it will ever be (for a while at least).

The reddit community for the game is pretty active though, so translations for the story and events get rolled out pretty often. Thanks to that, I'm not 100% lost in the game story-wise.

How much did you pay by chance? I'm curious.
Too much.

$250 shipped, but as I mentioned before I was in the process of selling a bunch of valuable stuff I didn't want anymore, so I didn't mind spending a decent chunk of that for something I did want.

bread's done
Back