Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm like how are you getting all these character rolls?  Squarehard is spending money! 

I get my fifth, last 5x char. roll tonight and then I'm pretty much out of orbs that I can earn since I've cleared through 8-3 hard mode.  Not really sure how you're supposed to get orbs after that besides the free daily ones they give away. 

Not sure if this is the right thread but on the front page there's a Buy One Get 50% off Anime games at the Namco Bandai Store. I added a couple of games that I thought were apart of it but no discount. Is there a special code or something?

Not sure if this is the right thread but on the front page there's a Buy One Get 50% off Anime games at the Namco Bandai Store. I added a couple of games that I thought were apart of it but no discount. Is there a special code or something?
Not from Namco, but Best Buy is running the same deal on Namco-Bandai games and stacks with GCU.

After running Wyrs for a bit, I still like Clarine better, so just going to move back to her as primary healer. It just makes such a big difference, especially since she can actually do damage too if needed. Aw well, it was worth a shot at least.

I'm like how are you getting all these character rolls? Squarehard is spending money!

I get my fifth, last 5x char. roll tonight and then I'm pretty much out of orbs that I can earn since I've cleared through 8-3 hard mode. Not really sure how you're supposed to get orbs after that besides the free daily ones they give away.
I'm actually grinding through hard right now, but I've hit a wall, so basically it'll be awhile before I get enough orbs for another summoning round again. T____T

I think those early good pulls made it so much easier for me to just grind through the stages earlier. Had I started with weaker pulls I'd probably be way behind than I currently am, lol. :D

But yeah, that was the last summoning, for a little bit at least. :p

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Game Informer’s March 2017 cover story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nkwTAvuAoc

Tons of new Zelda: Breath of the Wild details

Aonuma – Breath of the Wild is after Ocarina of Time, Zelda’s emotions, using idea from over 20 years ago

First glimpse of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s “Pro” HUD mode

On the figurine side of things, you aren't a true figurine collector unless you get yourself one of the life size figurines that have been getting made over the past year.

Ram Gets Life-Size Statue

dsc_4208-440x660.jpg

I think i'm officially on the putting Fire Emblem Heroes on hold state. Really bored redoing the missions on hard and the cost to upgrade units to more stars is way too grindy. My record with F2P games isn't so hot anyway, with me quitting FFBE, FFRK, Puzzle and Dragons, Fire Emblem Heroes....etc.. Only ones I really got going are Dandy Dungeon (good in short bursts) and Dragon Ball Dokkan (another I may quit on though it's all right). It isn't as unfair for leveling and such though the super grinding is garbage.

I think i'm officially on the putting Fire Emblem Heroes on hold state. Really bored redoing the missions on hard and the cost to upgrade units to more stars is way too grindy. My record with F2P games isn't so hot anyway, with me quitting FFBE, FFRK, Puzzle and Dragons, Fire Emblem Heroes....etc.. Only ones I really got going are Dandy Dungeon (good in short bursts) and Dragon Ball Dokkan (another I may quit on though it's all right). It isn't as unfair for leveling and such though the super grinding is garbage.
Does that mean you'll hop right back when we all get the 10000 feathers? :D

Does that mean you'll hop right back when we all get the 10000 feathers? :D
Haha yeah and when the new story is released. I may play a few battles here and there and do my arena (since it's super quick), but I'm not sure about the grinding yet in training areas for badges. That doesn't seem great. I do have one person I want to promote to 4 that i'm waiting for that 10000 feathers though. Have all the badges and such at least.

Which leads to a good discussion question:  Which 3* characters are you guys going to promote and why?  

A lot of them can be skipped over considering the cost.  You'd probably just want to wait until you RNG'd a 4*.  But there -are- strong 3* units you might not want to wait for.  Clarine the healer is a good example of someone you might spend the 2000 feathers in order to promote.  Other obvious choices are characters that can't roll 5* at all but you want to use "end-game".

I probably will use it on Clarine, but not quite sure if I need to yet.

Also, just realized there's Nintendo point shop too, so got the 10 free orbs, and a bunch of points for stuff later.

Now if only I wasn't stuck at an impasse in the game. :*(

I want to promote my Azama 3 star to 4....but would rather roll a 4 or better healer. Hopefully I'll get to roll again and instead could save the feathers to get the 20000 ridiculousness raise.

I'm like how are you getting all these character rolls? Squarehard is spending money!

I get my fifth, last 5x char. roll tonight and then I'm pretty much out of orbs that I can earn since I've cleared through 8-3 hard mode. Not really sure how you're supposed to get orbs after that besides the free daily ones they give away.
They're going to release new maps twice a month or every 2 weeks which I'm assuming you can play through 3 times for orbs.

A little later than usual for this, but here's the weekly free PSN junk:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13

PS4

Scenario: Battle for the Han Court

Scenario: The Tyrant Returns

Tales of Berseria

PS4

Adventure Item Pack 3

Catalog 3

Laphicet Theme (Static)

Nioh

PS4

Yokai Theme (Static) (PS+ Only)

Gravity Rush 2

PS4

PSO2 Collaboration Pack

RWBY

PS4

Grimm Theme (Dynamic)
for anyone trying to download the adventure item packs you have to go to the items store pages to download them as it doesn't work from the download list idiotically.

Not sure what is going wrong, but you can't click anything in the window if the settings menu is open. Otherwise try to restart it or reinstall if you have to.

Also switch the graphics rendering mode to OpenGL. I couldn't see any of the videos in FEH using DirectX.
It was probably just the computer. I was trying to use it at work earlier. It works fine on my own computer at home.

I just noticed that the PS3 version of Persona 5 dropped down to $42 on amazon(late I know). That makes it even cheaper with prime.

It was probably just the computer. I was trying to use it at work earlier. It works fine on my own computer at home.

I just noticed that the PS3 version of Persona 5 dropped down to $42 on amazon(late I know). That makes it even cheaper with prime.
It actually doesn't AFAIK. The Prime price is still listed at $39.99 last I checked.

Feel good about it. You can strengthen your first lyn additional levels by merging them. When the levels get capped, the only way to get stronger will be through duplicate merging I imagine.
Yeah, but I haven't yet as I feel like down the line that will end up being a mistake or something. I guess if I ever get her to max level and need some more power, then I might.

Yea pretty much. That's what this +10 means in this pic

1486320055950.jpg

just for lols http://imgur.com/a/BSH49
Wow, that's crazy. I guess 10 dupes is the max then.

Nioh is amazing.  I have found my new love.  The game is so deep and I expect this will keep me busy for quite awhile.  Took me 4-5 hours just to beat the second stage, which is the first legit one. 

What makes Nioh amazing? I'm possibly thinking of getting it, but am not as much into souls games (though i've played them all except 2). I did play some Ninja Gaiden back in the day. I'll likely stick to Yakuza 0 and Da Capo 3 (extremely long game) before I think about Nioh, but I just want to know what's ultra amazing about it? It looks a bit grind heavy and repetitive is all.

Got bored of waiting for stamina to recharge, so decided to make a new account just to see what would happen.

First summon of game,

hU8CUZ9.png

rest were meh,

2116o53.png

second pack of summons,

LkSgZ86.png

gnlfnTF.png

*shrug*  @_@

Something must be wrong with my iphone.

Hit another wall at 9-2 for the hard chapters in FeH. I'm gonna start playing through the lower levels on lunatic now to start grinding out a bit more exp. I also rolled a 5* Jeorge I think his name was. He's an archer which is nice, but I can't see myself switching him in in place of one of my weapon triangle units or my healer.

What makes Nioh amazing? I'm possibly thinking of getting it, but am not as much into souls games (though i've played them all except 2). I did play some Ninja Gaiden back in the day. I'll likely stick to Yakuza 0 and Da Capo 3 (extremely long game) before I think about Nioh, but I just want to know what's ultra amazing about it? It looks a bit grind heavy and repetitive is all.
It's Dark Souls + Onimusha. The gameplay is solid, the difficulty is just right, the combat is wonderful, and the mission-based structure makes going through the game feel less like a grind because of it. Co-op is great fun, but it makes certain areas a little too easy.

I just finally platted Dark Souls 3 and I need a break!
I got the plat last year, and getting those proof of concord kepts was the most tedious god damn thing in the world. I actually kept a record of how much shit I got from farming those damn silver knights:

3,234,362 souls

73 silver knight shields

115 silver knight helms

78 silver knight armors

95 silver knight gauntlets

90 silver knight leggings

I don't know if anyone is getting Mass Effect Andromeda and didn't order the crazy Car Special Edition from Bioware to get the Steelbook, but now Best Buy is selling it for $10.

Now to decide if I want the Deluxe Disc Copy, Digital Deluxe Copy, Super Deluxe Edition

LINK

I'm going to link my PS4 to my Japanese PSN account to get Battle Garegga. Trying to decide how much PSN Yen to buy.

Can anyone recommend other import-friendly Japan PSN exclusives for PS4 that are worth getting? Thanks!

Really wish they would say what the Breath of the Wild amiibos do already so I can debate whether to buy them or not since it can either be something neat like the Wolf Link amiibo or something shitty... like the rest of the Zelda amiibos currently out.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer Shows More Of Its Open World And Action Scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-Yc06-FO4

Overwatch’s PTR Beefs Up Bastion With New Mechanics And More In Latest Patch

The Capture the Flag mode that was introduced in the Chinese New Year event is also going to stick around after the event finishes, as the current most popular brawl mode is being added as an ongoing game mode in Arcade. Players can now try out Capture-the-Flag versions of Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios, and Oasis.
okm8vsSvjx1tqsu3ro1_540_zpsdemuisun.gif

I don't know if anyone is getting Mass Effect Andromeda and didn't order the crazy Car Special Edition from Bioware to get the Steelbook, but now Best Buy is selling it for $10.

Now to decide if I want the Deluxe Disc Copy, Digital Deluxe Copy, Super Deluxe Edition

LINK

Got in on a 10 minute glitch to get Andromeda deluxe for $48 after GCU instead of the deluxe price then reduction.

Very random question:

I make buttons and keychains with video game characters.

Who do you think the most popular ones would be.

I make them in 8 bit, another artist draws some and we upcycle from the card games, Im ordering the Fire Emblem cards this weekend.

Or which would you buy if you made buttons or keychains.

I got the plat last year, and getting those proof of concord kepts was the most tedious god damn thing in the world. I actually kept a record of how much shit I got from farming those damn silver knights:

3,234,362 souls

73 silver knight shields

115 silver knight helms

78 silver knight armors

95 silver knight gauntlets

90 silver knight leggings
When I started farming proof of concord kepts, I got 4 in my first 35 runs. I thought to myself, oh this isn't so bad and then when I got 2 in my next 115 runs I stopped playing the game for almost 2 weeks.

Do you play Line Rangers btw? Your avatar is the Miku promo.
I started a little bit ago. And to be honest...I have no clue what I'm doing. The guy who peer pressured me into it is off having fun in Hong Kong for a month so it's like yeah, thanks for the help dude (or lack thereof), lol.

And as promised, the figure saga continues:

Once again the recipients (poor souls) have requested to remain anonymous so I'll just call one person "Little Boy" and the other "Fat Man." No offense intended to little or fat people I can assure you!

I finally proved my worth of a weeb Miku Lover, weirdo, rhythm game enthusiast by buying two extra Miku figures. There was just one problem: my "peers" didn't know they were NOT being sent to me!

Little Boy:

"omg omg omg no he didn't

I just got this in the mail. I was wondering earlier why I had a package from AMZ when I wasn't expecting something.

What.

The.

fuck ."

[attachment=25434:20170120_141054.jpg]

"...Sov has a pic of Miku as his avatar on Tinder confirmed.."

Fat Man:

[attachment=25435:20170120_233438.jpg]

"Found that on my porch

Now to find it what twisted propose sov had in mind..."

"...Guess sov broke up with her lol..."

"...New PC build is done."

[attachment=25436:20170126_151031.jpg]

Good times.

Never make additional accounts for mobile games....that becomes the point of no return.  :cry:

On a side note, this is what me losing any extra spending money for the month looks like (Thanks to Fate/GO):

C4J2xrXWMAQ5MCd.jpg

My copy of Nioh is showing up today, so that purchase wasn't affected. But now I might not get Horizon Zero Dawn because of my new budget....

The combat feels really really good. I couldn't get into Dark Soul cause the combat felt so clunky. On the 4th stage and haven't feel like a grind yet. Will see but I'm really liking the game a lot atm.

:ps4: King of Fighters 14 Premium Edition AMZ lightning deal at 5:21 pm EST. This is like the 3rd time its been a lightning deal, the last time it was $50 or $40.

Gamestop

:ps4: Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension $30/$25

:ps4: Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet $20/$18

:ps4: Song of the Deep $10/$9

:ps4: The King of Fighters XIV $40/$35

:ps4: Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess $16/$15

:ps4: The Last Guardian Collector's Edition $120 $100 (RARE, SOLD OUT ONLINE)

Sorry for interrupting with these crappy deals.

I'll have to wait a bit at least if I want Nioh. Sold out all the Best Buys around me. I'm still working through Da Capo 3. The story is getting pretty entwined and interesting for now, but it's very, very long. I'm not sure how many hours I've put in the game so far but it's been at least 20 or 30. I'm I think one ending away from another ending and also will have some side stories. The more recent routes have had a lot more meat to them than the first 2 routes I started. I'll give a more complete review when I'm done, but yeah...very long and I need to stop playing it near bed...ruining my sleep.

Sorry for interrupting with these crappy deals.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as "crappy," but yeah, they're not great. I don't expect very much from GameStop's sales these days. If I go in there, they'll probably lie to me about whether or not there's any new stock anyway. Always grateful to hear about deals. It's what I come to these message boards for, after all.

I must have already missed the KOF PE cause it's showing $79.99 for me.
It's definitely still on, $55.77, 26% claimed. And even if you were to miss it, it would show up as active to allow you to join a waitlist, or show you the price you missed it at and say the deal has ended. I'm assuming you accidentally bought one, or someone did it with your account, which would end up not showing up when that happens.

Here is the link again: https://www.amazon.com/King-Fighters-XIV-Fight-Premium-PlayStation/dp/B01G7K2KI6/ref=gbps_img_s-3_bb19_2cf33623?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=41fd713f-6bfe-4299-a021-d2b94872bb19&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=N7XFCSV1QMS6MKZFM8E6&th=1

Also a very terrible price.

Edit: Also, I've bought one in a previous Lightning deal, and it allows me to buy it again in this one, which is good to know.

Edit 2: I'll throw in this to make up for the disappointing KOF deal tease:

:ps4: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X $28.46 New - 3rd party seller fulfilled by Amazon, works with prime free shipping, back ordered to February 15

bread's done
Back