Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
10x Waifu post to derail politics

smep8oI.jpg

edIq2gp.jpg

qUFtCQn.jpg

IuZe3gt.png

52d9f02409026faad0ae565862cc8859.gif

zvqRPjU.png

tumblr_muzmafFB9h1rdnv52o3_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n1z3v5hczQ1tq7kigo1_400.gif

tumblr_opndds7vRK1sayxnbo1_540.gif

tumblr_oexive8TOw1sgurego1_500.gif
You 'liked' it, dude.

Now? No, there's always been shoutouts to anime in wrastling.
Lol nice. I used to watch it all the time when I was a bit younger, but now try to catch up on some news of the big events if possible. I do remember that booty-o's thing, but never pieced it together at the time.

Maybe he does enjoy it however it was unclear by the "Son of a bitch man..." part which made it sound like a negative chore to do. But I understand some such as yourself need that digital pat on the back.
Can someone find this man some Joseph Joestar compilations?

I didn't vote for Trump. Would never do that. But I've had several people similar to you who have told me I'm a Trump supporter. Which just reinforces my perspective on all the crazy liberal bullshit out there.
What people are similar to me? I did not call you a Trump supporter. I was just saying that if someone is pushed over the edge by a dumb video, they might be the one easily offended.

But I really would like clarification on the "several people similar to you" bit because I legitimately dont understand what group of people you are lumping me in with.

So, a silly rant by a black person is all it takes to coerce white people into voting for a crazy person? Who is the one who is easily offended in this scenario?
Here's a better video that explains the ins and outs of what brought about Trump, and how videos like digital blackface perpetuate a place for him in politics well into the foreseeable future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Yeah, it was fake news apparently

I still think they'll do a remake because I'm sure a lot of people voted for it in the Atlus poll they did. After all, P3 and P5 Dancing were also choices and those both turned out to be in development
I wouldn't mind seeing a remake. I mean a real one, and not one of those HD skin packs sold for $50 that the PS3 and 4 are known for. I also wouldn't mind them just concentrating on whatever comes after. I really don't want to wait another decade for P6.

The first part of that I agree with almost fully. Michael Moore (among others) warned that her campaigning strategy was all wrong. I'd challenge him on the second half of the rant. But if you want to hear that, it'd be best for PMs (or the off topic forum). Cheers.

Oh and yeah, as much as I rail against HD remakes, I fully admit that I'd be on board for a P3 Platinum!

The hyperbole, sensitivity, hypocrisy, and all other colorful adjectives that describe the current political culture in America is borderline intolerable on a day to day basis. Now we have frequent forays into these topics from gaming personalities on Twitter, on Youtube, in gaming articles--most of which written from one very particular mindset with a thinly veiled agenda--let's leave the CAG deals forums out of this, eh? It's probably against the rules, but it's also just a generally bad idea. This will not improve our relationship as a community, nor will it enrich this thread. Can we all just move along?

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking. Usually the games are very good though, but eh not as exciting for me anyway. I never did play the Hack GU games though, so that will likely be my only must buy eventually. I also second a P3 remake. I do also hope the Shenmue 2 pack HD one is a real one, though I bet those games aged horribly.

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking. Usually the games are very good though, but eh not as exciting for me anyway. I never did play the Hack GU games though, so that will likely be my only must buy eventually. I also second a P3 remake. I do also hope the Shenmue 2 pack HD one is a real one, though I bet these games aged horribly.
My thoughts on remakes very on a situation by situation basis. I am generally pro remake/remaster, though, as I primarily game on PC now--if at all possible--so higher resolution, better textures/effects, and especially higher frame rates for games are all awesome and very impottant things to me. People frequently mention that gameplay, story, etc are more important. But looking at two versions of the same game removes that silly argument and refocuses on just an objectively better version of a title.

If I haven't played it, I'd love to play a better version. If I have, there's now something new and better to experience if I ever decide to go back for a round two down the road. It is somewhat lazy from devs/publishers, and we are getting saturated with them, but better versions of great games are still a pretty awesome thing!

I thought it was Fist of the North Star punches myself, in which Jojo is referencing but I could be wrong. Never seen/read any JoJo.

I actually enjoy remakes, especially for way older games like the Metroid one coming out. I'm just never really excited about them. It's one of the reasons I haven't played Yakuza Kiwami...since I beat it already....but they're good. Most remakes/remasters are very well done these days.

Nothing like badmouthing Miku to get everyone talking about Tonald Drump. 

So I'll just drop some of this here:

jjehutloqgbyfuigbrnrqklzfuhgesgpfvkknkhm-350x600.jpg

Lol I typed in "Ys VIII Cosplay and for some reason this popped up:

Dragon-Quest-Jessica-Albert-Cosplay-Gamers-Heroes-5.jpg

BRB, boss called me in the office... Guess they got me this time. 

I don't know about anyone else...but i'm slightly getting tired of just hearing about this game remaking and that one remaking.
Same here. I'd rather stick with the original versions of most games, especially if it's a "remaster" that's only a generation apart. Good example are the Arkham titles, which looked and played better on the PS3 than they did on the PS4.

The Metroid remake is one I'd buy. It looks like some actual effort went into that to make it a whole new experience.

Personally I love all the remakes they have been doing.  The truth is, past games are often times a lot better than what is getting put out now.  Maybe you missed it the last time it was published, or else you want to play it with improved HD graphics.  Things like the Final Fantasy 12 re-release, Yakuza Kiwami, and Resident Evil are awesome to have on the current gen.  Plus they release them at cheap, affordable price points.  They've also been porting games to the big screen that were previously handheld-only, like Danganronpa and The Nonary games.  The devs and publishers make a bunch more money (from the properties that truly deserve it) and we get remastered games for cheap.  It's a win-win. 

Yay, Lyn is in Fire Emblem Warriors!

But can you guys spot what's different about her? (I noticed it instantly lol)

lyn-zoom.png

Personally I love all the remakes they have been doing. The truth is, past games are often times a lot better than what is getting put out now. Maybe you missed it the last time it was published, or else you want to play it with improved HD graphics. Things like the Final Fantasy 12 re-release, Yakuza Kiwami, and Resident Evil are awesome to have on the current gen. Plus they release them at cheap, affordable price points. They've also been porting games to the big screen that were previously handheld-only, like Danganronpa and The Nonary games. The devs and publishers make a bunch more money (from the properties that truly deserve it) and we get remastered games for cheap. It's a win-win.
At first they were releasing them at decent price points but FF12 was $50. And I think they're closer to enhanced ports than remakes.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Launches December 1, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXGTJgXPhm0

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Gets New Screenshots and Images of Special Edition and Pro Controller

Switch_Xenoblade_Chronicles2_Special_Edition.jpg

Switch_Xenoblade_Chronicles2_Pro_Controller_pkg.jpg

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Receives Launch Edition and New Trailer

RH_Glamshot_final.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8KBcR6Cyc

3DS Exclusive The Alliance Alive Announced for the West From Atlus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwEyxbad4uQ

Lyndis Confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors; New Gameplay Trailer and Screenshots Released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHHgwxD2mrs

Square Enix’s Project Octopath Traveler Gets A New Trailer And Demo Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lnvBXy68Q

Pokemon Gold & Silver Coming to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console on September 22

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions, Layton’s Mystery Journey, and More Showcased During Latest Nintendo Direct

Kirby: Battle Royale Formally Announced for Nintendo 3DS; Coming Next January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSTQk5W-Wbg

Kirby: Battle Royale for Nintendo 3DS Receives Adorable Artwork, Box Art, and Gameplay Screenshots

Dragon Quest Builders Announced for Nintendo Switch

Etrian Odyssey V’s Demo With Carry-Over Save Data Is Now Available For Nintendo 3DS

Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud Announced For Switch In 2018 In Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59XpH4uqNY

Super Mario Odyssey reveals new story, location, and mode details, Switch bundle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWBv-djiKk

Has Square said anything about a physical release for Octopath? Looks cool from the trailer but I'm afraid it's going to get the I Am Setsuna treatment.

Quick update for some free PSN store junk that NISA finally fixed.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

PS4

- Adol's Adventurer Clothes

- Adol's 'Silver Armor' Costume

- Adol's Survival Kit

Vita

- Adol's Survival Kit

- Language Pack (Japanese Audio)

Figured I'd post them since the costumes are free for a limited time if I remember correctly, which is the first week only I think. Also, here's a link to the Tuesday update post with the other free DLC.

Quick update for some free PSN store junk that NISA finally fixed.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

PS4

- Adol's Survival Kit

Vita

- Adol's Survival Kit

- Language Pack (Japanese Audio)

Figured I'd post them since the costumes are free for a limited time if I remember correctly, which is the first week only I think. Also, here's a link to the Tuesday update post with the other free DLC.
I think they're free for the first month (30 days), actually.

hmmm i have the sudden urge to start watching wwf again, or maybe certain fight clips lol.
You should! She's Kairi Sane (Hojo), the Super Moe Japanese Niche Anime Pirate Princess Waifu of WWE now.

giphy.gif

She's as anime as it gets:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She's still a great wrestler though:

giphy.gif

Sorry for the gif spam.

You'll hit a realization one day that wrastling is basically an anime in 3D form
This is correct. Cena is pretty much just the protagonist in a Shonen anime who never loses. Roman Reigns has plot armor. Wrestlemania is the Final Battle in the last episode. People die, get retconned, then come back to life. And there are Aliens (Goldust), Zombies (Undertaker), Demons (Finn Balor), Swamp Sorcerers (Bray Wyatt), and waifus (Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Kairi Sane, etc.)

Seriously, and that's just WWE. I've seen NJPW just pull out entire gimmicks from anime.

Great news. Guess I'll start keeping my eye out for a Switch soon instead of waiting until around release when everybody is after one for Christmas.
Yeah, I highly recommend it as well. The holidays are going to be a bloodbath for this thing. If "N" smart, they'll start working overtime now, and make damn sure for every system sold, there's another one to replace it. They could move a few million easy, if the inventory is there this holiday.

But I've seen them just so out of touch so often over the years, it shouldn't surprise me if it sold out by December 1st, only to not return until late January, early February of 2018. Hopefully that doesn't happen, as they may not get another holiday like this for a long time(a new system selling well, and a new 3D Mario to go with it).

Has anyone got the Inside/Limbo double pack?
I have. But I haven't installed and played it yet. Kind of wanted to take my time and enjoy that one. I haven't played Inside yet. I played Limbo years ago, but wouldn't mind showing it off to some friends on the PS4.

Also, there has been an Atlus leak implying that Dragon's Crown is going to be coming to the PS4. I'm pleased by this. It isn't nearly as "necessary" as some of Vanillaware's other titles. But it is still a welcome development. Personally, I would have preferred to have Muramasa on the PS4, but Dragon's Crown is also nice, and will probably perform very well. Now that they've ported their engine and toolset over to the PS4 for Odin Sphere, it is understandable that they would start releasing some of their older titles on the platform.

Bundle Stars has an Anime Chest Bundle

It's not that good but figure I'll mention it in case someone wants.

$1

Pretty Girls Panic!

Poker Pretty Girls Battle: Texas Hold'em

Koi-Koi Japan

$2.49

Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle

Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle: School Girls Edition

Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire

Princess Kaguya: Legend of the Moon Warrior

Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire

$3.49

Koi-Koi Japan: UKIYOE tours Vol. 1,2,3

Boneless Zombie

EDIT: I decided to buy the $2.49 tier as it seems like the best value(tier 3 sucks). It's alright since there aren't many mahjong games.

bread's done
Back