Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Asia releases were treated as two separate games. It's probably going to be the same deal for North America and Europe.
no its just peach, no relaxations , the sad part is its just a trans job and not real content, its sad that they refuse to add more tables and just release old crap and not add anything except old costumes...well marvelous has declared to be sony's bitches so u cant expect anything good and xseed has went left/antiameriecan/proracisit/womenpower/proiguns/progore/ which is against their ....pro California and pro ignorant

I'd say LRG has a decent chance of brining a physical version of Reflexions considering they did Bon Appetit which is, arguably, more lewd.
I think XSEED has a better chance of doing it themselves since they're already doing Peach Ball. In one of the Fireside Chats, they even went as far as saying they didn't know if they'd do Senran on the Switch if given the chance since their Switch catalog to-date has been less niche, more mainstream.

Does anyone have experience ordering from amazon.jp that can comment how games they received were packaged?  I just received an order from PlayAsia where two switch games had their game cases smashed in and cover art damaged because they decided ship them in a padded envelope and not the small boxes I have always received in the past.   If they are going to be shipping games this way going forward I'm trying to figure out an alternative place to import titles from.  It's a shame because PlayAsia might have had slow shipping but everything was always well packaged and arrived in excellent condition because of it.   I just don't get why these companies think saving a few cents by stuffing multiple titles into an envelope is the way to go.  In the end they will just lose business.  

Does anyone have experience ordering from amazon.jp that can comment how games they received were packaged? I just received an order from PlayAsia where two switch games had their game cases smashed in and cover art damaged because they decided ship them in a padded envelope and not the small boxes I have always received in the past. If they are going to be shipping games this way going forward I'm trying to figure out an alternative place to import titles from. It's a shame because PlayAsia might have had slow shipping but everything was always well packaged and arrived in excellent condition because of it. I just don't get why these companies think saving a few cents by stuffing multiple titles into an envelope is the way to go. In the end they will just lose business.
I don't shop there much anymore, but they used to offer boxes or padded envelopes and the choice was up to the buyer. Their special games automatically default to a box, but those are free shipping anyways, but they would get damaged otherwise. As far as I know, the option used to be in the buyers hands, and it was up to them to pay for a box or not, which I never did for standard games.

EDIT: But if the option wasn't given, and your order arrived damaged, contact CS and if that doesn't work, take it to Paypal.

I don't shop there much anymore, but they used to offer boxes or padded envelopes and the choice was up to the buyer. Their special games automatically default to a box, but those are free shipping anyways, but they would get damaged otherwise. As far as I know, the option used to be in the buyers hands, and it was up to them to pay for a box or not, which I never did for standard games.

EDIT: But if the option wasn't given, and your order arrived damaged, contact CS and if that doesn't work, take it to Paypal.
Yeah, I already wrote customer service about it and will hopefully hear back soon. It's not terrible damage but the cases are both pushed in from something heavy being set on top of them and there is creasing in the cover art and I'll end up having to replace the cases. If I am buying new games, I'd prefer not having them look way worse than I could find them used. I've placed quite a few orders from PlayAsia (mostly in the past year or so) and never remember having an option of how games where packaged. They just always game in their small PlayAsia labeled boxes and I have always been happy with the condition. In fact I just received an order on Monday of standard releases of a Switch game and Ps4 game that was shipped in one of these boxes and I picked the same shipping method. I remember reading a tweet or something like a month or so ago from them about their shipping being faster now so my assumption was this was a way of cutting costs to do so. I asked them about why there was a difference in the way this order was packaged so hopefully they can clarify. I'll update with what I hear back. I'll be buying my imports from elsewhere though if this is the new standard for them.

Has anyone every gotten sample game from play-asia?  They told me thats the only version they have of  Sword and Fairy 6.  I preordered too.

Yeah, I already wrote customer service about it and will hopefully hear back soon. It's not terrible damage but the cases are both pushed in from something heavy being set on top of them and there is creasing in the cover art and I'll end up having to replace the cases. If I am buying new games, I'd prefer not having them look way worse than I could find them used. I've placed quite a few orders from PlayAsia (mostly in the past year or so) and never remember having an option of how games where packaged. They just always game in their small PlayAsia labeled boxes and I have always been happy with the condition. In fact I just received an order on Monday of standard releases of a Switch game and Ps4 game that was shipped in one of these boxes and I picked the same shipping method. I remember reading a tweet or something like a month or so ago from them about their shipping being faster now so my assumption was this was a way of cutting costs to do so. I asked them about why there was a difference in the way this order was packaged so hopefully they can clarify. I'll update with what I hear back. I'll be buying my imports from elsewhere though if this is the new standard for them.
Be forewarned that PA has some of the worst CS I've ever personally experienced. Have fun with getting those sent back for a refund or replacement.

Be forewarned that PA has some of the worst CS I've ever personally experienced. Have fun with getting those sent back for a refund or replacement.
I got my reply and yeah, pretty much this. The customer service agent was nice enough but made it sound like I was pretty much out of luck unless the games were destroyed. I guess I will just have to be happy there were no puncture holes in the cover art and neither game's cover art looks too terrible now that I put them in new cases. She stated that I should request games be shipped in a box going forward so it sounds like the good days of a properly packaged games in a box are done with. Seems like a terrible decision given much of the physical game market is becoming the collectors who are very concerned with condition but the decision seems right in line with every other retailer. Make cost the priority over quality. I'll explore other options for importing titles going forward.

Has anyone every gotten sample game from play-asia? They told me thats the only version they have of Sword and Fairy 6. I preordered too.
I saw somebody post on another forum that they also are getting a "sample" copy despite preordering right away. Sounds like Play-Asia oversold on this release. It was also a title I didn't think would have such high demand.

I was recently sent the wrong order. I contacted CS and they were expectedly apologetic, but when it came time to ship back the wrong item, they asked me to find the cheapest return shipping method with tracking and they’ll refund me the shipping cost.

What do I know about shipping things to Hong Kong? So I go to USPS, assuming they’ll be the cheapest, and it’s going to be $40 to ship back a $15 item. So I go back home, item I unshipped and ask if they really want me to pay this much to send back the item. The reply asks me to find a cheaper method if possible. In the meantime, they’re holding my much more expensive order hostage until I return the mistaken item.

I spent some unreasonable amount of time researching shipping rates to HK, and finally gave up. It’s their problem, not mine. $40 shipping, here’s the receipt.

To their credit, they did give me a shipping credit right away… in the form of store credit (ugh)… and shipped out a new order.

That said, I also preordered S&F6 right away and I, too, was offered a sample copy.

From the response I got from PA, it sounds like a significant number of S&F6 were damaged between manufacture and being received by PA. I’m not sure why they are not reprinting the numbers they lost, but that seems to be the reason there are so many samples.

They gave me 10% off for complaining, which I suppose is better than nothing.

Dealing with PA's customer service for an issue like this sounds like a nightmare. Fingers crossed my copy comes in okay (the label's been printed but it's not in any tracking systems yet).

From the response I got from PA, it sounds like a significant number of S&F6 were damaged between manufacture and being received by PA. I’m not sure why they are not reprinting the numbers they lost, but that seems to be the reason there are so many samples.

They gave me 10% off for complaining, which I suppose is better than nothing.
i dont know why people have a problem with them, havent gotten a damaged order yet but usually the not stock from retailer reply when doing an order, i also know it depends on ur shipping method what it gets for treatment, i would also point out that it seems some policys have changed their to the point that in stock isnt the same as 1-2 weeks for confirmation of getting stock which indicates they have a questionable 3rd party printing games for them as needed if possible, also that they seem to delay shipping orders for longer that needed, had an order not shipped till i conventional put in another order they had made up and shipped both together with me paying shipping for both items separetly and them pocketing the extra, complained but they had good excuses (says them)...seems some more shady business practices are being implemented going forward with management or hk policys, likewise those ordering from amazon.jp, beware that it seems sony is forcing some restrictions beyond country laws on amazon that is not allowing sales of some games/i.p's and other products (idolmaster doesnt seems affected)

i dont know why people have a problem with them, havent gotten a damaged order yet but usually the not stock from retailer reply when doing an order, i also know it depends on ur shipping method what it gets for treatment, i would also point out that it seems some policys have changed their to the point that in stock isnt the same as 1-2 weeks for confirmation of getting stock which indicates they have a questionable 3rd party printing games for them as needed if possible, also that they seem to delay shipping orders for longer that needed, had an order not shipped till i conventional put in another order they had made up and shipped both together with me paying shipping for both items separetly and them pocketing the extra, complained but they had good excuses (says them)...seems some more shady business practices are being implemented going forward with management or hk policys, likewise those ordering from amazon.jp, beware that it seems sony is forcing some restrictions beyond country laws on amazon that is not allowing sales of some games/i.p's and other products (idolmaster doesnt seems affected)
Periods, paragraphs, and capitalization please.

Periods, paragraphs, and capitalization please.
well i always sucked with those abilities so deal with it, whats worse is illegals and foreigners getting illegal benefits and tax breaks and complaing about someone not speaking Spanish and not learning their language ...but please complain as a liberal terrorist since its important to u as a communist supremacist/prestigious rights ignorant

well i always sucked with those abilities so deal with it, whats worse is illegals and foreigners getting illegal benefits and tax breaks and complaing about someone not speaking Spanish and not learning their language ...but please complain as a liberal terrorist since its important to u as a communist supremacist/prestigious rights ignorant
Wow. This may be the single most idiotic post I've ever read.

It's truly sad to see how persecuting others based on race/ethnicity has become normal. Just wait. The holocaust will probably happen again - and this time in America and no one there will bat an eye.

How does it feel to know there are illegals and foreigners that can write in your language better than you can?

At least some of those illegals and foreigners have better grammar than you and they're not even from this country. What's your excuse?

You can see who all the illegals and foreigners are lol
You mean all the people who are rightfully chastising the racist who can't even manage to write properly in what I assume is his native language? Well shit, sign me up as an illegal foreigner, then, because I do love mocking the willfully ignorant.

You mean all the people who are rightfully chastising the racist who can't even manage to write properly in what I assume is his native language? Well shit, sign me up as an illegal foreigner, then, because I do love mocking the willfully ignorant.
nothing he said was racist imo

that said i have no clue wtf he is talking about and why

nothing he said was racist imo

that said i have no clue wtf he is talking about and why
And that, my friends, is sadly how pathetic we've become as human beings. When people can no longer see the hatred they are breeding among themselves and against others, what is left of reason and compassion to stop the inevitable?

We need another civil war in this country. Clearly, some people failed to get the message the first time.

Hmm, I haven't bought any physical game from Play-Asia in a while, but after reading the recent posts here I'll be having second thoughts of doing so in the future...

I buy a reasonable amount from them, primarily their exclusives which have always been a bargain. I’ve really only had the two issues recently, and both were resolved, albeit with more work than would generally be required.

If true, that's a shame. I've never had any issues with Play-Asia and find them super reliable. That all said, I'm not all that picky about getting a game that may have some of the plastic wrap torn or what not. I buy games to play so as long as the disc is intact, I'm happy that PA remains a solid and reliable supplier.

1 hour left to pick up the Humble Hot Date Bundle

There aren't many good humble bundles anymore these days but I also always forget to buy the few ones I actually want before the time runs out on them, like the Neptunia bundle from a few weeks ago. 

Humble Bundle to me is good monthlies, one out of maybe 6 or so for game bundles, and the occasional book bundle, usually programming which I try to use to keep some of them in my mind and learn some new stuff. That's about it. If I didn't like the Humble monthlies their value to me would be way down.

You never got one of those 'less than a Happy Meal' Steam Links?
Never bothered hooking it up. All my HDMI ports were taken, and I didn't want to buy a splitter. I actually don't have a 360 / PS3 hooked up any more, and so I guess I could. But... lazy.

Edit: Rather, it always ends up taking forever. Removing my Linux partitions on a 2TB hard drive and then moving my OS drive from a 240 TB to 1 TB SSD took me til 2:30 AM the last two nights.

Played the demo for zenki zero.  It's passable but the real time combat is just too rough in 1st person.  Didn't help that a pig got behind my party somehow so I was getting attacked from 2 enemies at once.  I don't think enemies should be able to move past where you currently are standing blocking an entrance.

Eh, I don't care for my PSN name but I think I'll keep it over the risks involved. Atleast wait and see what other people have to say about how badly it effects their PS3/Vita library.

Eh, I don't care for my PSN name but I think I'll keep it over the risks involved. Atleast wait and see what other people have to say about how badly it effects their PS3/Vita library.
Looking at the psn thread they might be removing psp ps3 and psvita titles from the store soon. Which could cause even more issues.

Moving on https://www.gog.com/game/tokyo_xanadu_ex is 17.99

Looking at the psn thread they might be removing psp ps3 and psvita titles from the store soon. Which could cause even more issues.

Moving on https://www.gog.com/game/tokyo_xanadu_ex is 17.99
I saw that but it seemed like speculation. I would think they aren't removing Vita from the store at least, I mean it's still been getting new releases in 2019.

I really liked Tokyo Xanadu, so long as the PC version is solid(I played on PS4) I'd recommend it.
And it looks like everything from Falcom is on sale on GOG right now.

edit: not just Falcom https://www.gog.com/promo/20190410_midweek_sale

bread's done
Back