Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is the last day to preorder Stranger of Sword City on Xbox One for $30.49

After today the price will go back up to $40

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Stranger-of-Sword-City/d20c4965-2b40-4187-80df-422d28fc0906?cid=majornelson
Meh. I'd be totally interested if it was physical, and were on PS4......plus I got the Limited Edition Vita version for $38 on Amazon.

Its a super ultra niche dungeon crawler on Xbox One, only place that game is going is on massive sale in the next few months.

Has anyone here have experience ordering from the Bandai Namco store? I'm thinking of preordering One Piece Burning Blood from there for the exclusive metal case, but wanted to know about their shipping speed and quality.

Thanks!
I wanted to, but the cheapest shipping they offered me for the Marineford edition (I live in NJ) was $31.

714DNrExXWL.jpg

I hope this gets localized someday. You know, a VN that isn't an Otome Game.

I wanted to, but the cheapest shipping they offered me for the Marineford edition (I live in NJ) was $31.
Yeah, I was about to do the same, but got hit with that same shipping charge. I'll keep my amazon order with that ridiculous shipping cost. The same case is a standard pre-order bonus in the UK (all of EU maybe?) so I'm sure I'll be able to get it on ebay for less than that if I'm so inclined.

Danganronpa 3 anime has 12 new characters
Plus, a look at some returning characters, including Monomi. A new trailer for Danganronpa 3 will debut at Anime Japan 2016 on March 26. 

Final Fantasy XIV / Phantasy Star Online 2 Crossover Announced
Two super popular MMORPG games will be coming together for a collaborative event later this summer

Resident Evil 20th anniversary video interview: Hiroyuki Kobayashi

New screenshots revealed for PS4 and Xbox One ports of Resident Evil 6

Tales of Zestiria the X anime airs this summer

PS4/PS Vita Exclusive √Letter Gets New Screenshots Reproducing Real Locations and People

Has anyone gotten their copy of IA/VT The Best from Play-Asia yet? My order's tracking number has been stuck on "Import (Item arrived at country of destination)" since 3/16.

Etrian Odyssey V details races, classes, character customization, and more

Atlus has released new Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth information and screenshots, introducing the game’s four races, 10 classes, character customization, and more.

Watch Ace Attorney 6’s Prologue With English Subtitles - Subbed Video

Fate/Extella Gives Us A Closer Look At Nero, Tamamo-no-Mae, And Altera

NIS launches mysterious ‘Chidoribashi’ Twitter account

Nippon Ichi Software has launched a mysterious Twitter account called @ChidoribashiNIS. It has a five-second video showing a bridge in the dead of the night. More tweets are planned from here on, and will likely result in a new game reveal. 

OKAGE: Shadow King is $7.49 for PS Plus Members on Launch Week

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/okage-shadow-king/cid=UP9000-CUSA02199_00-SCUS971290000001

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus for PS Vita is $19.99 on PSN
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus/cid=UP1001-PCSE00656_00-XCOMENEMYUNKPLUS

Hyrule Warriors Legends Infographic Details All The Game’s Main Features
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/22/hyrule-warriors-legends-infographic-details-games-main-features/

PlayStation VR Now Available, First Wave Gone at Amazon
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/22/playstation-vr-now-available-first-wave-gone-amazon/

Reclaim Your Lovingly Made Dungeon in Sakura Dungeon
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/03/22/reclaim-your-lovingly-made-dungeon-in-sakura-dungeon/198633/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UerZ7CwIUvQ

With Yakuza 0 coming out in 2017, then I guess Kiwami is coming out in 2018....?  -_-

Joking aside, it's good that they finally gave us a sort of launch window for 0. It'll be nice to actually understand what I finished playing a few months ago with full translations.

Has anyone gotten their copy of IA/VT The Best from Play-Asia yet? My order's tracking number has been stuck on "Import (Item arrived at country of destination)" since 3/16.
If you chose the cheapest option, itll take 1-2 weeks to get to you, unless USPS decides to fk you over and lose it on Delivery Day

well i got mine yesterday but i didnt order from playasia, was hoping for a better preorder theme though

well i got mine yesterday but i didnt order from playasia, was hoping for a better preorder theme though
Where did you pre-order from? I hate the cover it looks so ugly, it's really the only reason I've held off from pre-ordering a copy to keep it sealed in the shelf lol

Hope it means the NX will be backwards compatible.

Edit: I want to play Bayonetta 2, but I haven't bought a Wii U. It's too crappy for me to pay the $300 price. I regret a little bit about not picking up one for myself when TRU had it for $200, but eh. But every time I played it at Comic Con, even before it's release, I couldn't figure out why I needed two screens. I'm not paying $100 so I can see my inventory without pressing a button...

I guess I'll just sit my WiiU next to my Gamecube and try to figure out where everything went wrong.
The scary part is they're going to continue to look towards the Wii gimmicks and its casual nature in order to try to replicate that success going forward.

bread's done
Back