Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross posting from the Vita deals thread:

Letting you guys know that the Yomawari LE is finally available at Best Buy for those that wanted to purchase it there. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yomawari-night-alone-limited-edition-ps-vita/5580006.p?skuId=5580006
Probably not going to get it myself, but I did notice that the BB listing mentions the tumbler and art print, which is supposed to be a NISA store exclusive. Wonder if it will actually come with it.

Got my Superdimension Neptune vs Sega today as well. Has anyone gotten the wallpapers emailed to them?

I'm actually very disappointed with WoFF. I don't like the battle speed, even with R1 held down it's slow, and I hate the camera and in world movement.
This game demo makes it seem like WoFF will kind of suck. It's really boring and I wholeheartedly agree battles are too slow. The monster catching mechanic seems shallow...though maybe the stacking is good. I've heard the story is weak sauce....and frankly the battles weren't for me. The enemies seemed to be sponges for taking damage. Also when moving the motion blur or something hurt my eyes a bit. I'll gladly pass on this for Pokemon in November and FFXV also. I'll buy it when it's $15 or so...I really didn't like it much.

Probably not going to get it myself, but I did notice that the BB listing mentions the tumbler and art print, which is supposed to be a NISA store exclusive. Wonder if it will actually come with it.

Got my Superdimension Neptune vs Sega today as well. Has anyone gotten the wallpapers emailed to them?
Best Buy usually just puts what's on NISA website so exclusive items usually get listed. It would be nice to get the exclusive items but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd like to say if the demo had been really bad I'd have cancelled my WoFF preorder.... Who am I kidding though, I'm still a FF whore based on nostalgia.

Best Buy usually just puts what's on NISA website so exclusive items usually get listed. It would be nice to get the exclusive items but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Not just NISA, when I went to get my Bravely Second some woman was there insisting the website mentioned a figure and of course the staff had no idea about it.

"via PlayStation Network"

Ugh.
But Play Asia announced this on their twitter or via mail or i don't remember how I found out last night.
My point being doesn't it mean there will be a disc version, or was Play Asia too fast on telling the news? (I have no idea though if you could still buy like an Asian PSN card through Play Asia to fund your wallet and blah blah).

[Talking about Summer Lesson VR]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way, a crappy cash-in FF game?
Crappy cash-ins are what most of these games are. "Omg VR waifu sugoi! Hey, her boobs look real too! Not that I've ever seen real boobs in person before!" Final Fantasy is just one of the worst franchises at making a bunch of semi-canon we don't need. WoFF, Record Keeper, Mobius, Brave Exvius, and who knows what else for microtransaction shit (saw some Kingdom Hearts game on Play Store, too). What is it, like $35 for 11x relic draws in FFRK if you don't have the mithril? Kingsglaive movie and Brotherhood anime for a game that isn't even out yet, Type-0 graphic novels, super expensive resin figures, apparel...I'm just waiting on another card game to appear, or maybe another fast food tie-in. Save Noct from high cholesterol!

The only thing I liked for about five minutes that they recently released was Theatrhythm, and even that was just Elite Beat Agents re-skinned in nostalgia.

All the new Pokemon characters have leaked.
15027798568969314789.gif

I've gotta say, I'm really disappointed with the Superdimension art book. I'm 99 percent sure that I've seen the lion's share of the art in this book is recycled from past LE art books.
Which is fitting since 99% of the content in Neptunia games are recycled from each other.

I liked the world of ff demo. Seemed like a waste of space to be playing it on PS4 though. I'm gonna try the vita demo when it hits the game seems like it'd be a good pickup and play while watching TV or something. Not enough going on visually to really require the extra PS4 power/screen size. 

Which is fitting since 99% of the content in Neptunia games are recycled from each other.
What's sad, is that I buy most of them anyways, and the LEs at that. Dammit, they look great on my shelf. Though, I can say I wait a lot longer now before buying them. Most of them I get second hand, or on sale from Gamefly/Gamestop/Amazon.

I liked the world of ff demo. Seemed like a waste of space to be playing it on PS4 though. I'm gonna try the vita demo when it hits the game seems like it'd be a good pickup and play while watching TV or something. Not enough going on visually to really require the extra PS4 power/screen size.
I was wondering if it would be a better game for the Vita than on the PS4. I do most of my gaming on the Vita/Vita TV so it might make more sense to DL it to my Vita. Though, I only see the PS4 demo on PSN.

What's sad, is that I buy most of them anyways, and the LEs at that. Dammit, they look great on my shelf. Though, I can say I wait a lot longer now before buying them. Most of them I get second hand, or on sale from Gamefly/Gamestop/Amazon.

I was wondering if it would be a better game for the Vita than on the PS4. I do most of my gaming on the Vita/Vita TV so it might make more sense to DL it to my Vita. Though, I only see the PS4 demo on PSN.
The Vita demo for WoFF won't be up until Friday.

Free PSN & eShop shit since last weekly post:

Superdimension Neptunia VS SEGA Hard Girls

Vita

Charge to the Future Arcade! (Event) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/charge-to-the-future-arcade/cid=UP0031-PCSE00898_00-NEPVSSEGAHADLC01

Dengeki Bracelet (Equipment) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/dengeki-bracelet/cid=UP0031-PCSE00898_00-NEPVSSEGAHADLC08

Hall of Fame Ring (Equipment) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/hall-of-fame-ring/cid=UP0031-PCSE00898_00-NEPVSSEGAHADLC11

Historic Bookmark (Equipment) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/historic-bookmark/cid=UP0031-PCSE00898_00-NEPVSSEGAHADLC09

Hatsune Miku: VR Future Live

PS4/PSVR

Demo - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/hatsune-miku-vr-future-live/cid=UP0177-CUSA04771_00-PDJVRLIVE3939393

World of Final Fantasy

PS4

Demo - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/world-of-final-fantasy/cid=UP0082-CUSA04647_00-WORLDOFFFPS40000

Vita

Demo - Not out on US Store yet. Will be up Friday. Up on EU though. Wat.

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

3DS

Demo - Out now. Can't link, so yeah.

Obviously some of this has been mentioned already as the demos released within the last few days. Since Vita's demo is releasing later this week I won't be mentioning it next week as most likely I'll forget to. Also that free event DLC from the Neptunia game requires True End Clear Data? The hell?

That's what I'm leaning towards.

I'm enjoying Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls, but I feel like the combat has been dumbed down and also slowed down as well. Attack animations are so slow its kinda annoying. Other than that, I'm enjoying the story and exploring the new areas.

I'm enjoying Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls, but I feel like the combat has been dumbed down and also slowed down as well. Attack animations are so slow its kinda annoying. Other than that, I'm enjoying the story and exploring the new areas.
I was trying to decide between this and Criminal Girls 2 once I'm done with Trails of Cold Steel II. Glad to hear its an enjoyable game especially since I bought the LE.

As far as vita games which game will give me the most boner per buck ratio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neptunia PP $14.99 (Approximately 5 and 1/2 boners per buck, depending on your going/cumming rate)

Akiba's Trip $24.99 (5 3/8 boners a buck, 6 if you have PUR)

Arcana Heart 3 $17.99 (4 boners per buck, twice the rate if you play competitive against a friend)

Michael Jackson The Experience $6.99 (Unlimited boners) ~Billie Jean is not my Boner~

I've gotta say, I'm really disappointed with the Superdimension art book. I'm 99 percent sure that I've seen the lion's share of the art in this book is recycled from past LE art books.
This is true, most of them seem to be recycled from Neptunia 7 or Blanc LE art book. However, the size of the art book is significantly larger than the previous ones, almost the size of the original first Neptunia LE art book, which I think is the biggest of the series.

Forgive my ignorance..
Do we know what day or at least which month our "Physical Copies
of Muv-Luv" for PsVita will be in our mailboxes..? I paid the $85 for the Physical Vita Version & I'm just having my annual freak-out as to when we'll recieve it and I can rest finally..

Forgive my ignorance..
of Muv-Luv" for PsVita will be in our mailboxes..? I paid the $85 for the Physical Vita Version & I'm just having my annual freak-out as to when we'll recieve it and I can rest finally..
The majority voted to have the physical Vita version shipped with all the Extras. So that aint going to happen till Early to Mid 2017.

Forgive my ignorance..
Don't freak out over Kickstarter....enough said. They deliver when they deliver. It should be next year I think.

Forgive my ignorance..
Nope. We know it'll definitely be 2017, and an update from (today? yesterday?) seemed to imply that it'd be close to mid-year.

I need to pull myself off of Overwatch for a bit. I got Senran Kagura - Shonovi Versus, Estival Versus and Valkyrie Drive just arrived in the mail.

Its boner time. (closes the window blinds). :3

Ah I haven't played Overwatch in maybe 2 months maybe. I kind of exhausted and got bored of it. I don't think i'm ever going back honestly. I am forcing myself through Dracu Riot right now (this story is kind of boring......). Almost done with it at least.

I'm hoping BF1 gets me off the Overwatch monkey on my back.

Also trying to clear out my substantial Neptunia games backlog to dive into FFXV on day one.  :whistle2:

Don't freak out over Kickstarter....enough said. They deliver when they deliver. It should be next year I think.
I have a project that has been sending out a "progress" report (What progress? Oh ... There's definitely progress, believe you me.) for the last 3 and a half years in a thinly-veiled attempt to "show good faith" and avoid having to refund people for his nonexistent resource management.

Muv-Luv is definitely not that project. :)

On a side note, I have probably read the word "boner" more on this page than I have read/heard it in the last year.

Atelier Shallie Plus coming west in January

zoes1f.jpg

The game will be available digitally in North America, and both physically and digitally in Europe. In both North America and Europe, however, NIS America will sell a $54.99 / £49.99 limited edition via its online store. It includes:
  • Atelier Shallie Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea for PS Vita
  • 30-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
  • Microfiber cloth (6″ x 6″)
  • Full-color, 48-page softcover art book
  • Collector’s box (Includes all the above)

Persona 5 English Voice Cast Revealed

Protagonist – Xander Mobus
Morgana – Cassandra Morris
Ryuji Sakamoto – Max Mittelman
Ann Takamaki – Erika Harlacher
Yusuke Kitagawa – Matt Mercer
Makoto Niijima – Cherami Leigh
Futaba Sakura – Erica Lindbeck
Haru Okumura – Xanthe Huynh
Goro Akechi – Robbie Daymond

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization details Japanese early access version, first PS Vita gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGeDgUKBCY

The New Attack on Titan Game Is a 3DS Exclusive Visual Novel; First Screenshots Revealed by Famitsu

I have a project that has been sending out a "progress" report (What progress? Oh ... There's definitely progress, believe you me.) for the last 3 and a half years in a thinly-veiled attempt to "show good faith" and avoid having to refund people for his nonexistent resource management.

Muv-Luv is definitely not that project. :)

On a side note, I have probably read the word "boner" more on this page than I have read/heard it in the last year.
I still have Cryamore up in the air. It will come out someday because...well Atlus is publishing it and they will force something out. Been slow goings there though. Also have Tides of Numeria coming and some VN as well. At least I know Numeria will come eventually too and the VN too.

Not much different than the PS3 LE, so I don't really feel compelled to get it. Plus the box art has Logy on it and I have an illogical and unhealthy case of hatred towards him and his appearance in every Atelier game since his induction. I'll probably wait until it gets discounted on PSN to buy it like the other plus versions.

bread's done
Back