Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping D.Va would get one of those gorgeous Chinese dress costumes, with the shiny designs all over, and the ribbons on her head, but this looks good too. Great even!

And [customspoiler='Overwatch Korea's twitter']
OCF0pMT.jpg
[/customspoiler] used D.Va in her new skin for their little intro video.

EDIT: Switched Overwatch Korea's twitter link to a higher resolution static image of the skin.
nqz9hbAejm1uzwbyjo1_540_zpsfveksqjv.gif

Day 1 for all the Fire Emblems. Cept the mobile game. 

I hope we get Fire Emblem Echoes this year. But we'll probably get it next April/May like they did with Birthright/Conquest. Unless this is a worldwide release (lol yeah right)

EDIT: Oh damn. We are getting it this May. I'm completely surprised. :lol: If there is a CE, buying it.

Day 1 for all the Fire Emblems. Cept the mobile game.

I hope we get Fire Emblem Echoes this year. But we'll probably get it next April/May like they did with Birthright/Conquest. Unless this is a worldwide release (lol yeah right)

EDIT: Oh damn. We are getting it this May. I'm completely surprised. [emoji38] If there is a CE, buying it.
Im getting the se too hehe If there is onr

Yeah I will need that D'va hanbok Skin and Mei one (Chinese dresses.....*drool*). I will be ready for some mystery heroes Draekon.

Here is a hanbok that looks similar-ish to the skin. I prefer the traditional long hanbok but this is nice too.

mR9KRKNq-dXXJKZrhkFLwHw.jpg

Nintendo announced on their twitter that it will launch on iOS and Android on the same day :) Guess they didn't get that finalized for the direct.

Based on the footage, it's going to be a free to play gacha style game, definitely not a one time purchase. How free to play friendly it will be is the big question now.
Ya I just read it on Silconera. It's very awesome to here and new Fire Emblem amiibos too.

Does that mean we will finally get our Corrin amiibo?

Also please tell me that we are getting a Limited. or Collector's Edition of the 3DS one cause it sounds cool.

Yeah I will need that D'va hanbok Skin and Mei one (Chinese dresses.....*drool*). I will be ready for some mystery heroes Draekon.

Here is a hanbok that looks similar-ish to the skin. I prefer the traditional long hanbok but this is nice too.
I'd guess the main reason why D.Va didn't get a long Hanbok is because of the run animation with the secondary being that she'd pick a short one as it's 'cuter' looking. Mei's clothing also looks more like a Tang Suit than a Chinese Dress.

I also know I said that Hanzo and Genji are pretty much guaranteed to get skins this event, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if they didn't. I could see China getting offended if they went that route and gave Japanese characters something that's designed around the Lunar New Year. They haven't gotten any event legendary skins yet though, so who knows.

If Winston gets Sun Wukon though, that'd be great. Could look even better than the Yeti skin. Other skin speculations are cropping up too based on Winter Wonderland sprays since D.Va and Mei's turned out very similar to their sprays. If that pans out, it would mean that Reinhardt would be in Lederhosen, which I'd use and just taunt the other team anytime I play him.

EDIT: [customspoiler='Unrelated bonus D.Va gif']
one%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Bdew%2B__d_va_overwatch__35bae75563d0e21223591562adb2b78e.gif
[/customspoiler]

That game is relatively new. I would be guessing it is in pure Japanese with no English subtitles. It looks like a fun albeit low budget game...kind of like the Oneechanbara games are.

It seems Yakuza 0's review embargo is lifted, so here's some aggregate Yakuza 0 review threads from Reddit and NeoGAF for those are interested. The reviews seem really positive, but there are a couple that really slammed it.

Ehmm... There's only 1 group of grills vs zombies game I want to play:

1496143716938516621.png

I can't stress enough how badly I want a 2nd season of School Live!
There's a model of Kurumi you can use for Left 4 Dead, just wish someone would make the remaining girls so they can all be playable together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKKnlmbteBg

Shovel Knight had a kickstarter update earlier today. They are releasing Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment campaign to all existing owners in April. This update will also come with gender swap mode as well as co-op (local only). The co-op will be available on all platforms except the 3DS and Vita. Next on the list is the final (I think?) campaign, King Knight, which is slated for a 2017 release. Existing owners will also get the campaign for free.

For the other set of Shovel Knight news, they will increase the base price of the game this spring (And renamed to "Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove") with the addition of the new campaign. On top of that they are also separating out each campaign for individual purchases as well for people who haven't already bought the full game and aren't interested in buying all the campaigns. Though users who buy individual campaigns won't get King Knights campaign as a free update.

iam8bit is offering free reversible cover art upgrades if you ordered a first print of Rez Infinite from them. Check your email for link and upgrade code.

I'm still a little sad we didn't get a remaster of DQVIII on the PS4. However I am getting the game today. Gotta support DQ whenever possible.

I'm still a little sad we didn't get a remaster of DQVIII on the PS4. However I am getting the game today. Gotta support DQ whenever possible.
I totally agree or release the int he PSN store.

I am all about support of Dragon Quest always and everytime.

In the hopes that we will get games like Terry's Wonderland and Joker 3.

Also If you dont own Legend of Heroes: Trails In The Sky, it's $9.99 in the Humble Bundle Sale.

Well worth the price and an amazing game.

It's funny in the Senran Kagura poll Mirai in there for best big boobs. Course she is one of my favorites....gothic lolita and a gun under that dress haha.

Did BestBuy have any preorder DLC for Gravity Rush 2?
i saw a post regarding this, one bb employee said they were suppose to update the page with the dlc but never did. another employee said if it doesn't show any dlc, then there is none.

i'm about to go pick up my copy in 30 mins, i'll let you know if they email me the code or not.

edit:

got back and had to chat with a rep, after some time investigating she said there is a bonus code for gravity rush 2 and she'll request it to be email immediately. since it's not listed on the site, you might have to ask for it directly.

bread's done
Back