Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well on my second install of Fire Emblem Heroes I got a 5star named Abel, from the games we never played.   It says the chances of rolling a five star recruit are only 3%, same with a five star+ 3%.   No idea who this guy is, not sure if I want to try again.  Got some other 3star turd named Stahl on both tries too.  I think I'll just go back to playing Fire Emblem on my 3DS now. 

Fire Emblem Heroes is officially live for any who care. Links to Android's Store & Apple's Store.

I'm still on the fence about it, but messed around a bit with the APK earlier in the day. Ended up rolling a 5* Tiki which I kept, however I was hoping for Lyn. Gameplay/graphics/sound are all pretty solid, but no perma-death. Also stats do seem randomized on level and upgrading your castle increases experience gain. I'll probably give it a try for a little at least, but I hate free to play games so I don't know how long it'll last for me. My ID is 7738825239 in case anybody wants to friend me in it.
I added you. My ID is 2226214072.

Is it really 3% for a 5 star?
Yes and no. You have 3% for any 5* and an additional 3% for the 5* Focus (Ones in the banner specifically). So it's technically 6% to actually obtain a 5*. You can click "Appearance Rates" to check the math. However I don't think there is a 5* Robin outside of the 5* Focus for him based on what I've read, so you'd only get that particular one when rolling in Legendary Heroes.

And no, there's no difference between 5* and 5* Focus heroes.

Is there a quick way to reroll? or do you just have to uninstall the app and download from scratch?
I think I heard that if you are on Android, you might be able to go to the app settings under Android settings and tell it to delete data. Though if that doesn't work, you will need to just outright delete and reinstall. If you've linked a Nintendo account, go to Account Management and unlink it before the re-roll process. You have to download those two data files every time you do this either way.

Unless iOS has an equivalent, deleting the app is probably your best bet there.

Like I mentioned earlier, finishing the prologue (+2 Orbs as your daily bonus) will give you 20 orbs for 5 rolls. If you don't want to go that far, you can do 4 rolls by only completing the tutorial and taking the daily orbs from your mail owl. 4 rolls is faster than 5 in the longer scheme of things, but with 5 rolls you have more potential for a better roll.

If you're looking for something more akin to the normal Fire Emblem games though, this is not it. The game is far too easy.

Well on my second install of Fire Emblem Heroes I got a 5star named Abel, from the games we never played. It says the chances of rolling a five star recruit are only 3%, same with a five star+ 3%. No idea who this guy is, not sure if I want to try again. Got some other 3star turd named Stahl on both tries too. I think I'll just go back to playing Fire Emblem on my 3DS now.
Abel is from shadow dragon I think. Him and his brother cain are both cavs you get along with freya and jeigen. Abel was a good cav in shadow dragon if I recall.

So just coming through to say I'm getting towards the end of Yakuza 0 (completed chapter 14) and good fucking lord is the story in this game fantastic. I absolutely love it. One of the best game narratives and dialog I've experienced in a game in a really long time.

So very hapy with my second roll.

I got a 5 Star Tiki and 4 Star Fredrick, 3 Star Corrin.

Really wanted Robin but decided to keep.

Make sure to make and link you My Nintendo account once you get a roll you like.

You can get some items including 10 orbs for free.

add me 7220162199

Ok I rerolled a second time and got 5* Lucina and 4* Odin. 

My friend ID is  7522158306. add me!

my first roll is not all that bad...

HiRdC2y.png
7rfP1bk.png
Io7zd7n.png

My Tablet isn't compatible with FE Heroes.  Or anything else Nintendo has released.  It must be time for an upgrade, but man I don't want to get off that kind of cash to play free games.

I have all 3 systems, but I'm not sure if I like the SD style of characters, so I suppose Gundam Breaker 3 or Gundam SEED Battle Destiny are the ones I should look more into?
Both good choices. Battle SEED Destiny is one of my favorite games on the Vita.

I hope Gundam Breaker 3 (Vita-English Subs) was a good choice. *Crosses fingers*
I prefer Gundam Breaker 3 on the PS4.

my first roll is not all that bad...

7rfP1bk.png
You got Lyndis. That is all that matters.

If you have a PS3, Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record UC0081 and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn are good choices as well
Those were both fun. I actually enjoyed those more over the more recent Vita/PS4 Gundam games I've played. Such a shame that the last "official" US release for a Gundam game was Crossfire, easily one of the worst in the series.

I vividly recall the PS1/PS2 days when a new Gundam game would be translated and released nearly every year...Gundam Battle Assault (and the far superior sequel), Encounters in Space, Journey to Jaburo, vs. Zeta, etc...

Edit...I forgot, the Gundam Dynasty Warrior games could be considered "official" US releases. I always forget them because they just don't feel very Gundam-like to me...

I hope Gundam Breaker 3 (Vita-English Subs) was a good choice. *Crosses fingers*
It's not as good looking as the ps4 and the screen gets crowded with flashes from all the attacks. It runs okay, not perfect, but okay.

As a game, it has an amazing selection of suits and customization options. Gameplay is basically a musou with less units on screen. Not really great, but being able to use all the subweapons on your tricked out mobile suit is something special.

I accepted all the requests that went my way overnight. A few things I've found out in case anyone is interested:

• Dueling Swords (For Arena Duels) will recharge daily. Used all 3 before I went to sleep and woke up with 3. Make sure to use them as win rewards can be used in character promotions if you don't have the proper badge available.

• After beating all 'normal' February quests, hard mode quests unlock. Such as killing level 20+ enemies, beating a higher training stratum, completing story missions on hard or lunatic difficulty. Amount of rewards gained goes from 1/500 to 3/1500.

• If you weren't already aware, after linking your Nintendo account you'll want to go to the Quests & Missions screen. On that screen, click the top right Fire Emblem Heroes logo and claim your 10 Orbs. There is also a "Missions" tab on that page where you can collect points to spend on the rewards page.

• Make sure to click "Greet" on your friends list whenever possible (once a day at most). It gives Hero Feathers, the same as the arena. The amount is pretty damn low though, but every bit always helps.

• Upgrade your castle for increased experience gain. In home, it's the top right little green button, but can also be accessed through Shop ->  Upgrade Castle. Costs orbs.

• Whoever is in your first slot on a Team if the one that shows up for people on your friends list.

• Training tower changes what color badges you can gain daily. More floors are unlocked by completing story missions. Should probably run it at least once for the extra daily reward.

• Special Maps change daily it seems. Normal difficulty gives a silver 1* while hard gives a silver 2*. Not sure if there's anymore difficulties unlocked as outside of Tiki (and kinda Bartre), the rest of my team sucks too much to not die.

• Heroes with the heart effect on them in the home screen should be clicked on. They give you rewards.

• Units who gain experience, then die in a battle do not keep the experience/levels earned in that battle. Incentive to keep people alive. You can't abuse this as stat gains are set in stone for your character and leveling up again after a death to try and re-roll a level will not work.

• You can power level healers by letting the last unit (an archer or mage) attack someone and continually healing them in a battle.

Side note, I need more [customspoiler='level ups like this.']
tiki.png
[/customspoiler]

I did beat Berseria. I will try and do a write-up on it in the next couple of days.

Where do you find you fire emblem code? Also what's the point of adding people. Also I decided from the beginning I wouldn't screw around with the reroll crap and I would just own what they gave me. I ended up with a four star corrin and Lisa and they've been crushing it. After that I started investing in the experience booster castle upgrades. I'm not halfway up to saving for the last one. After that I'll save another 20 orbs to roll another set of five characters and hopefully grab a five star.

So just coming through to say I'm getting towards the end of Yakuza 0 (completed chapter 14) and good fucking lord is the story in this game fantastic. I absolutely love it. One of the best game narratives and dialog I've experienced in a game in a really long time.
It is so awesome to hear that you enjoyed the game so much.

I just made it to Chapter 2 so I'm still fairly new; have you encountered any bugs or glitches worthy of note? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to complete the game 100% and do all the substories, but some that are supposed to be available in Chapter 2 are not triggering, while ones that shouldn't be available yet are showing up.

Where do you find you fire emblem code? Also what's the point of adding people. Also I decided from the beginning I wouldn't screw around with the reroll crap and I would just own what they gave me. I ended up with a four star corrin and Lisa and they've been crushing it. After that I started investing in the experience booster castle upgrades. I'm not halfway up to saving for the last one. After that I'll save another 20 orbs to roll another set of five characters and hopefully grab a five star.
If you are at your Castle, its the rock on the bottom left corner.

You can get your friend code and add others.

I'm in Chapter 3.

I got 4*Tharja on my 1st roll, was happy enough with it. Really jelly of that 5*Lyn though

FE ID: 2589339468

I just started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. Starting to see why people like this series so much. I'm going to have to go for a second playthrough, because I'm losing characters left and right in this initial playthrough.

I got 4*Tharja on my 1st roll, was happy enough with it. Really jelly of that 5*Lyn though

FE ID: 2589339468
Yeah Lyn is very strong. Tharja is very, very strong too. She melts Armor wearers. She also is an amazing support where she can help finish off enemies cause of her range. She is my "archer". I also pulled Cordelia. She is extremely good as well. I like Pegasus Knights (be careful of archers though) and she seems OK strong. I'm maxing her get more bonuses on the triangle stuff so she can melt all the reds (including dragons I think). Anna is getting weak though. Mine is very fast but her defense is garbage. Tharja is rocking a higher defense as well as Cordelia. I will likely replace her or at least try to get her to 3 star. She is too squishy for me right now.

As Draekon said though, a lot of these missions are easy. A balanced team helps though as you can adapt quickly. I haven't tried higher difficulties but just got to chapter 6 and the missions are getting a bit more challenging. Decent F2P. I can give my thoughts of Dandy Dungeon as well if anyone is interested.

Those were both fun. I actually enjoyed those more over the more recent Vita/PS4 Gundam games I've played. Such a shame that the last "official" US release for a Gundam game was Crossfire, easily one of the worst in the series.
Battlefield Record was the game we should've gotten. Not Crossfire. It was full of Action RPG goodness for a Gundam Game.

I wanted to mostly get a new game for my vita, so that skewed me towards it a bit. Any idea of that version is still good?

Also, agreed on the Lyndis part.
I recommend you watch some gameplay of Gundam SEED Battle Destiny. If you want an action Gundam game for the Vita, you'll get it.

The Vita version for Gundam Breaker 3 is good, but PS4 is better imo. They were the same price from Heavy Arm, so I was inclined to get the PS4 ver. Like Motaku said, it is pretty much Dynasty Warriors Gundam Lite but with a ton of mobile suits, customization options, abilities, etc. Honestly, I just want to stack a ton of Funnels, Bits, Fangs, Dragoons onto my Mobile Suit to see how it turns out before I take customization seriously.

I also didn't reroll. My Fire Emblem Heroes ID is 1725938373

Added most everyone from the thread I saw ID's for - nitrosmob I couldn't get yours to work

I just started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. Starting to see why people like this series so much. I'm going to have to go for a second playthrough, because I'm losing characters left and right in this initial playthrough.
Restart the chapter if you don't want to lose anyone. Probably not a good idea to keep going if you already lost too many units.

Restart the chapter if you don't want to lose anyone. Probably not a good idea to keep going if you already lost too many units.
I agree. I also agree if you get alright and it and lose some guys...well you didn't protect them enough. I have started to play like that unless I lose a main leader (which you lose the mission anyways). Makes you feel for your characters.

I.....I fell through the dark hole known as the paid gacha. I bought a bunch of orbs in Fire Emblem when I probably shouldn't have. I'll have to plan my expenses this month extra carefully...(and not buy gems in Fate/GO too)

Still bummed I couldn't get either Azura or Sakura, but managed to get most of my other favorite people (Lucina, Hinoka, Elise, etc). 

Here's my friend # if anyone wants to add me: 3581399627

Added some of the codes above, looking forward to giving Fire Emblem Heroes a go. Here is my code if anyone wants to add me: 4935306354

Ah just got 20 orbs again. I'm afraid to pull some heroes haha. I really need to replace Anna badly (or get her Star level up). I may wait though for a different banner. Also Nintendo gave a bunch of Stamina potions...I may use a few to try to brute force the story....but not sure. They did give 10 I think.

I'm hoping a roll a healer myself. I think 3 main attackers and 1 healer will be my go to party with a 4th party member trained up if I need more attack. 

My friend code is 9891390785

I'm now on chapter 6 episode 4. Stamina cost is up to 7 per chapter now but i still haven't used any of my potions yet. I've fully upgraded my castle so experience I receive is doubled, but I'm starting to feel the weight of the starter virion and Anna. I can usually get them to trade with a character each, but my 4 star corrin and Lissa have to do all the heavy lifting right now. Also healers get a ton of exp for healing which is unusual for a fire emblem game. As a result my Lissa is level 19 while my other party members are level 15 or 16.

I've actually found that I'm able to advance surprisingly far with only a handful of units. Part of this is just a natural balance. When you have fewer units, the units you do have get more field time and more experience, allowing them to level up faster. This boosts their stats enough that they are also able to survive better, making them less susceptible to unexpected kills. So my current core party of five or six units are all immensely powerful, and if I keep them close to each other they can steamroll over most of the enemy formations. One of the most effective strategies for me is to move my formation close enough to the enemy to lure them to attack, and then just stomp all over their faces in a defensive stance.

The downside is that this makes my party's general makeup much more limited, and less flexible, so I'm already seeing that some missions aren't going to be as feasible. I ran into the mission where you have to kill the enemy king last night, and had a very hard time of it because of all the forts with the constantly re-spawning enemies. That kind of mission in particular would have gone a lot better with a larger and more diverse party.

But all of this just makes the game more fascinating to me. It's kind of cool that you can play it this way. My brother is a big fan of the series, and I've watched him play it before. He would always get obsessive about never having anyone die EVER. I just didn't want to play it that way. I am probably going to re-play the campaign, there are a lot of tactical decisions I would make differently with the knowledge I now possess.

bread's done
Back