Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just romance maxed the Death arcana while my maxed romance Temperance arcanca made me coffee.

Scumbag route: secured
75l2Zn8.jpg

This week is pretty much Caligula and Trails in the Sky the 3rd. I haven't really heard anyone say anything about Caligula.
I've been semi-following caligula. I might pick it up. I really like the music. The combat looks interesting but I wonder how it holds up.

They should have made additional bonus scenes at the end of the game if you don't go harem route. 

Can anyone describe the items you get
from staying true to one girl that supposedly carries over to NG+?  Rather, the items that get taken away from you if you cheat, what they do.  You just get one of these right?  So no real reason to not romance all of them and see every scene, ya? If you could describe the items you lose from cheating in detail, I would appreciate it.  I've searched to no avail.  Topics are vague and just mention the V.Day scene.  I specifically want to know about the items lost.

They should have made additional bonus scenes at the end of the game if you don't go harem route.

Can anyone describe the items you get
from staying true to one girl that supposedly carries over to NG+? Rather, the items that get taken away from you if you cheat, what they do. You just get one of these right? So no real reason to not romance all of them and see every scene, ya? If you could describe the items you lose from cheating in detail, I would appreciate it. I've searched to no avail. Topics are vague and just mention the V.Day scene. I specifically want to know about the items lost.
Assuming they're all the same, it is basically this:

{Character Name}'s Chocolate
Permium chocolate from {Character Name}. Fully restores SP to one ally.

It's a pretty useless item because of when you get it. Christmas presents are different though.

I was told
there were special romance items having to do with fast ranking on your confidant, or that let you keep confidant special bonuses, on NG+.  Is there no truth to that?

I was told
there were special romance items having to do with fast ranking on your confidant, or that let you keep confidant special bonuses, on NG+
On the very, very last day in the game you control the MC you get key items from your maxed confidants that give you key items which unlock that for NG+ so long as you talk to them before going to the ending. Here's two examples:

Promise Lise

Futaba's promises. Treasure Reboot & Mementos Scan unlocked.

Recipe Notes

Sojiro's prized recipe. Always makes the best coffee and curry.

The list of items can be found in the link above from my previous reply. The Christmas items are different than what's listed there. The Chistmas presents are essentially useless items as far as I can tell unless it gives extra bonus to that confidants arcana fusions. The description of said items are:

Proof of {Character Name}'s Love. Become closer if you have a same-arcana Persona.

It could do the first thing you mentioned though.

I'm likely in for a rude awakening (*coughforcedtosleepbecauseMorganacough*), but I think I've handled the summer vacation in P5 pretty well. As of 8/23:

-Social stats: Charm is maxed, everything else is at 4; finished all of the Big Bang Burger challenges

-Confidants: Fortune and Moon are up to 7, Temperance and Sun are 8, Death is 9, Devil is 3, Hierophant and Hanged Man are the lowest at 2, but everyone else including party members are at 5 or higher (Ryuji will be last thanks to the ambush ability at Rank 7)

-Requests: Up to 4 on-hand, with a 5th set to appear on 8/30; I'll tackle all 5 in one Mementos visit for maximum efficiency

-Money: Currently 1.6mil thanks to the confusion trick; I'll get a bunch more through the confuse-able bosses for 2 of the above requests

My main concern is having enough time to read all of the Jinbocho books (only 1/3 done the first book) to earn Speed Reading, then finish all of the school library books before they become unavailable.

I took a very long break from Berserk and the Band of The Hawk but in the last few days have had some time and managed to finish the game and get most of the way through Endless Eclipse mode with Guts. I was planning on getting the plat for this but I am reconsidering whether I am willing to invest the time it will take almost entirely because of the Femto battle on layer 100.

You have to play through the endless eclipse with each playable character and complete at least layer 1-100. The Femto battle is so bad because the boss is so broken and Casca is so horrible a character I'm not sure how reasonable this is. I really want to get the plat and the other playable characters won't be too bad but good god Casca sucks.

Overall I'd give this game a 7/10, if you are a Berserk fan or Musou fan it is definitely worth running through story mode and having some fun with. If you go for 100% I would not recommend it here.
Yeah Casca is horrible against Eclipse Femto. The main problem being she doesn't have any type of step in attack or ranged attack to use against him, especially during his last phase. Where as every other character has at least one attack that falls into either category that is effective against him. Also doesn't help her deathblow move royally sucks and her knockback resistance is just as bad. She was my last character I needed for the plat and took me over an hour and half to complete that fight alone.

Yeah Casca is horrible against Eclipse Femto. The main problem being she doesn't have any type of step in attack or ranged attack to use against him, especially during his last phase. Where as every other character has at least one attack that falls into either category that is effective against him. Also doesn't help her deathblow move royally sucks and her knockback resistance is just as bad. She was my last character I needed for the plat and took me over an hour and half to complete that fight alone.
Yeah I've got enough money to max level almost everyone and I have accessories built up with everything except resurgence so it's not like I don't have solid footing but just watching youtube videos of that Casa v Femto is horrible.

I'm likely in for a rude awakening (*coughforcedtosleepbecauseMorganacough*), but I think I've handled the summer vacation in P5 pretty well. As of 8/23:

-Social stats: Charm is maxed, everything else is at 4; finished all of the Big Bang Burger challenges

-Confidants: Fortune and Moon are up to 7, Temperance and Sun are 8, Death is 9, Devil is 3, Hierophant and Hanged Man are the lowest at 2, but everyone else including party members are at 5 or higher (Ryuji will be last thanks to the ambush ability at Rank 7)

-Requests: Up to 4 on-hand, with a 5th set to appear on 8/30; I'll tackle all 5 in one Mementos visit for maximum efficiency

-Money: Currently 1.6mil thanks to the confusion trick; I'll get a bunch more through the confuse-able bosses for 2 of the above requests

My main concern is having enough time to read all of the Jinbocho books (only 1/3 done the first book) to earn Speed Reading, then finish all of the school library books before they become unavailable.
I have no idea, but that's similar to what I was at.

By end of August, I was

mid/high 4 in all stats, maxed Kindness (to raise Hierophant)

My confidant levels are lower though, 2 with Hanged Man/Devil/Sun/Star, 4 Temperance, 5-9 everyone else.

About $600k without confusion trick, just using Fortune.

I focused on stats during the summer cause I was capped with too many confidants.

Wow that's some cold blooded Shit right there.
Not compared to if you were romancing her >_<

>You can now change the audio track to Japanese

mh905gL3xK1s43e7qo1_500_zps9j5skju3.gif

I knew being lazy and not playing Zelda for a month would pay off in some way.
Was that listed on the page before? I don't see it listed there now. Or was this mentioned somewhere else?

Edit: NM, looks like it's a free update unrelated to the DLC. Very nice.

75l2Zn8.jpg

I've been semi-following caligula. I might pick it up. I really like the music. The combat looks interesting but I wonder how it holds up.
Daaaaaaamn

>You can now change the audio track to Japanese

mh905gL3xK1s43e7qo1_500_zps9j5skju3.gif

I knew being lazy and not playing Zelda for a month would pay off in some way.
Hurray for backlogs!

And I thought this was the dead or alive not your fathers volley ball game thread >.>

[customspoiler='New character images from Cold Steel III.']
C-0FldXWsAEvZXP.jpg

C-0FnoAXoAEclE9.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Images above taken from Gu4n. If you've played Trails in the Sky, you probably recognize them. Can't have one without the other. The time skip from TitS should make that person a year older than Estelle during the first game I think. The other being almost 30 now.

[customspoiler='Bonus Trails in the Sky the 3rd Image #1']
C-RnPskUIAAneo2.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='Bonus Trails in the Sky the 3rd Image #2']
C7IeqiwVAAAIwoe.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Weekly free PSN junk. I'm posting this a little earlier than usual today. Not seeing much in the way of new free stuff, so I may edit some more in later if it gets posted.

Yakuza 0

PS4

Theme

Awano Avatar

Kiryu Avatar

Kuze Avatar

Majima Avatar

Nishikiyama Avatar

Shibusawa Avatar

Tachibana Avatar

Sagawa Avatar

Nioh

PS4

SHAREfactory Theme

Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2

PS4

Demo (PS+ Only)

May PS+ Games

Golden Week Sale / Alt Link

The Golden Week Sale is pretty decent, but not great. I suggest taking a look through it. Looks like I'll be picking up MeiQ for $3 and whatever else I find as I continue through it.

EDIT: Added in the Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 demo.

Dark Rose Valkyrie Limited Edition will be available for pre-order on May 8th.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/DarkRoseValkyrieLE

It's only $13 more than the standard edition (unless you consider discounts like GCU), so I don't think the price is bad but something feels kind of meh about it. It's a Compile Heart game, but it seems kind of tame on the fanservice side - so I think I'd rather get a Mary Skelter LE for that artbook, assuming they make one.

Mary Skelter is likely the better game as it's similar to the Moe Chronicle/Crystal games. I haven't heard anyone praising Dark Rose Valkyrie, so it's a wait for $20ish or less type game for me.

I found this twitter account earlier, figured some of the P5 enthusiasts among you might enjoy reading thru some of these:

[media]https://twitter.com/TextsFromTPT/status/859258994858360833[/media]

Since the PS4 version didn't come over here, which is the best one to get, PC, PS3 or Vita?
I haven't played it on PC, but I've played the Vita and PS3 versions and would definitely say that it's better on Vita. The visuals in the PS3 version didn't look like they were optimized for a big screen to me.

Since the PS4 version didn't come over here, which is the best one to get, PC, PS3 or Vita?
For that price, probably the Vita since you can take it on the go. I have it for PC, but it's the boxed edition with the extra stuff included. Only go PC if you get a boxed copy for the free shit.

bread's done
Back