Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first games writing wasn't too bad. Much more heavy on the cheese than I would like. Now the second game in the trio on the other hand was filler and offensive as hell regarding what they did with a certain character from the prequel anime roots.
The first game was utter nonsense; the only reason I liked Haseo for most of it was because he was the only person who seemed to realize that everyone in the entire game was full of crap, even if the only reason he seemed to was because he was acting out the antisocial anime hero trope.

The whole G.U. trilogy is filled with extremely inconsistent characterization, stilted and forced plot developments, and brooding teenagers trying to act mysterious for no other reason than to look cool.

That said, I really do hope this does sell well enough that they at least import IMOQ to the PS2 Classics library.

.hack//G.U. Remaster was pretty requested. I never played them, though I wish they would have done the other 4 previous games first, though I believe these have better gameplay.
Yeah, I would have liked them to do the original 4 as well, but I never got around to playing GU, so I don't mind quite as much ;)

Looks like DOA5LR Season Pass 4 didn't go on sale even though it's delisted next week. Maybe it'll show up in a weekend sale? (..Or just not go on sale at all)
that's disappointing.
here's to hoping a doa attack on titan dlc sale this weekend!

EDIT: my mistake, the fair tail stuff gets delisted this Tuesday, i hope for a weekend sale on that stuff.

The first game was utter nonsense; the only reason I liked Haseo for most of it was because he was the only person who seemed to realize that everyone in the entire game was full of crap, even if the only reason he seemed to was because he was acting out the antisocial anime hero trope.

The whole G.U. trilogy is filled with extremely inconsistent characterization, stilted and forced plot developments, and brooding teenagers trying to act mysterious for no other reason than to look cool.

That said, I really do hope this does sell well enough that they at least import IMOQ to the PS2 Classics library.
which is inconsistent since in roots he was friends with tabby shino ect.

Huh, the trailer music for 13 Sentinels sounds pretty different for Sakimoto. In a good way, though I wonder how the full soundtrack will end up sounding.

Too bad there wasn't any gameplay demonstrated. The mecha looks pretty slow, I wonder how that will translate into Vanillaware's typically fast-paced combat?

Oh and you are all welcome for them doing the port remake thing of the .hack trilogy.  They only did that because I bought the 2nd and 3rd games.  I doubt the same thing would happen but it'd be nice if we'd get a repeat with shadow hearts if I ever find the first game.

Next on the remake list it would be nice to see a Xenosaga collection
That does seem to be the dream though I'm not sure if its plausible or not. I'd like remakes of the older tales of games as well if bamco's in the mood. Legendia remake is high on my wishlist.

That does seem to be the dream though I'm not sure if its plausible or not. I'd like remakes of the older tales of games as well if bamco's in the mood. Legendia remake is high on my wishlist.
I'd love to see that as well. Throw in the Vesperia PS3 port as well.

Only very loosely thread related since it's a figure

I LOVE this Miku figure. I'll probably try to even cancel my Heart Hunter module order for it

http://www.mikufan.com/racing-miku-2016-teamukyo-ver-17-scale-figure-preorders-open/#sthash.nC39YfKl.dpbs

bf79301036e522b3b4f08b9b491ccacc.jpg

ed503f7e6ccb619220f1c88bc0a22ee5.jpg

For some reason my copy of Arms showed up yesterday from Bestbuy. It was a nice surprise.

The game is good, but I suck at it lol. Need more practice.

vesperia will never happen as far as the ps3 version is concerned. Our only hope is a enhanced port or remake down the road.
giphy.gif

You're probably right. I'm sure I'll have the chance to play it on a PS3 emulator one of these days. It's not like I don't have enough to keep me occupied until a possible enhanced or remake.

Has Lyn been confirmed/denied for FE Warriors yet? I've seen some gameplay and the boxart above, but no mention of Lyn.
No confirmation, which sucks because Lyn would be a great addition. We'll just have to wait and see.

The one character that might be added is Tiki, since they announced an amiibo of her.

Re-title the game "Metal Fear Solid" and I'm onboard. 

At least this one probably won't waste the player's time with endless recordings of some old guy ranting about how parasites copulate. Or waste time with rescuing random animals...like a goat, because hey, that's sooo Metal Gear Solid.

Has Lyn been confirmed/denied for FE Warriors yet? I've seen some gameplay and the boxart above, but no mention of Lyn.
No confirmation, which sucks because Lyn would be a great addition. We'll just have to wait and see.

The one character that might be added is Tiki, since they announced an amiibo of her.
It's been said that Fire Emblem Warriors would only focus on characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. So sadly characters like Lyn (The Blazing Blade), Ike (Path of Radiance), Roy (Super Mario Bros. 3 The Binding Blade) won't be featured because as they stated there would be too many sword characters (a dumb reason honestly). While it's not confirmed I can see them doing DLC packs of various Fire Emblem series similar to the DLC packs Hyrule Warriors had featuring different Zelda game packs.

It's been said that Fire Emblem Warriors would only focus on characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. So sadly characters like Lyn (The Blazing Blade), Ike (Path of Radiance), Roy (Super Mario Bros. 3 The Binding Blade) won't be featured because as they stated there would be too many sword characters (a dumb reason honestly). While it's not confirmed I can see them doing DLC packs of various Fire Emblem series similar to the DLC packs Hyrule Warriors had featuring different Zelda game packs.
I thought it would be "primarily" focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. I would be flabbergasted if they didn't include Ike, largely because of his "star" power so to speak. He is easily one of the most recognizable characters of Fire Emblem at this point besides Marth imo.

They need some more girls. I'm not down for a sausage party besides the Fem OC and Fem Corrin. If they include Tharja and Cordellia, I guess I can forgive them for not including Lyn.

You're probably right. I'm sure I'll have the chance to play it on a PS3 emulator one of these days. It's not like I don't have enough to keep me occupied until a possible enhanced or remake.
Only reason is bamco has directly responded to all the pleas for vesperia ps3 directly saying flat out it will never happen.

bread's done
Back