Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
What can't Miku do? She can do anything when it's all in your imagination!
She can't (won't) give me a platinum trophy even if I play through all of Future Tone. FRICKIN' SAVAGE!!!!!

[attachment=27858:20170901_010251.jpg] Even after playing this...kind of...game for two years, I still only have four perfect scores. Woo, I suck!

Weekly free PSN junk:

Yakuza

PS4

- SHAREfactory Theme

Final Fantasy XV

PS4

- Assassin's Festival

- Outfit: Noodle Helmet

I'll also re-mention that last week I originally missed listing the Knack 2 PS4 Demo and the Senko no Ronde 2 PS4 Demo. I suppose I should also re-state the Ys VIII PS4 Demo as well since I was late on that too.

September's PS+ Games are out this week as well, but not all are listed as 'free' as of this posting yet. In the way of sales this week, Namco Bandai is having a sale that may be worth checking out. There are some other non-specific sales as well this week, but you'd have to search for them.

EDIT: Fixed a link.

Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online CE revealed!

95072d20-4e73-4f4c-9c4b-ec5f92bbe9bb.png

The Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
Limited Edition includes:
  • Collector's Box 
  • Neptune USB Figure
  • "Goddesses of Alsgard" Art Stand
  • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Official Art Book
  • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Official Soundtrack
  • Reversible Cover Sleeve  
  • Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online for the PlayStation®4 system 
Open for preorders on September 12th, @ the Iffy Store.

Wow that artbook looks awesome! Super neat CE!

so the neptune on the right corner is a usb?
and the disk thing behind her is the art stand ?
pretty cool i wonder how many gigs, also like how the artbook seems to be hardcover.

so the neptune on the right corner is a usb?
and the disk thing behind her is the art stand ?
pretty cool i wonder how many gigs, also like how the artbook seems to be hardcover.
USB is 8GB and made of rubber.

Art Stand is indeed behind the USB in the picture. It also contains a magnet.

Artbook is 52 Pages at a 7"x10" size.

Soundtrack has 27 tracks.

Cover is reversible with the Japanese cover on back.

Humble Hunie Sakura Bundle includes a bunch of Sakura games and Huniepop.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

$1:
HunieCam Studio
Sakura Agent
Sakura Fantasy
Sakura Beach
Sakura Beach 2
Sakura Angels
Sakura Spirit

Average($5.87):
HuniePop
Sakura Swim Club
Sakura Nova
Sakura Space
Sakura Shrine Girls
Sakura Magical Girls
Sakura Santa

$10:
Sakura Dungeon

Z0SoV9k.jpg

Also Skullgirls with 4 DLC for $1 at Bundlestars

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/skullgirls-pack

Note that the dlc was given away for free if you had the game when they were first released.

The balance could be more persona-like, where it feels like the ratio is 70% real world 30% dungeon, depending on your ability. Like in P5 where you could either spend just one or two days in the palaces, or many days
your math is horribly off there. You spend more actual time in dungeons than in the regular hub world. I'd say its 15% inaba/whatever city and 80% dungeon crawling. 5% is velvet room since fusion accounts for alot of play time. probably closer to 20% in p3 and p4 original since you had to reset for hours to get the skills you wanted. Granted p4 had skill cards so less time there I think.

I you want to watch a hilarious playthrough of Huniepop, go to DashieGames and watch his Huniepop videos. That's how I first heard about the game and he was completely hilarious while playing

apparently Omega Labyrinth Z is getting an english Asia release according to Heavy Arm Store:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905450962210365441

I have been waiting on Sekai Project to brings games to Vita, but at that insane bundle price I'll take a shot at these titles and will double dip if they ever get ported to Vita.

I have been waiting on Sekai Project to brings games to Vita, but at that insane bundle price I'll take a shot at these titles and will double dip if they ever get ported to Vita.
Lol. Don't count on Sekai. They've been saying for years they'll release Vita titles but we have yet to see that fruit. Just a lot of empty promises from them. Still no word on the status of Grisaia Vita.

We still haven't gotten the games from their LRG partnership. You think we would have one by now. Hopefully we can get Rabi Rabi sometime this year since the EU ver already came out.

Besides. Sekai Project is just going to do another Kickstarter/Indogogo and ignore the other stuff

apparently Omega Labyrinth Z is getting an english Asia release according to Heavy Arm Store:

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/905450962210365441
Nice! I'm frequently surprised by which games actually get released here and keep telling myself to hold off longer on importing, but this one really seems unlikely for a western release. I remember some trailers notably had English subs in them a few months back too. Glad to see more signs of an Asia English version happening

Nice! I'm frequently surprised by which games actually get released here and keep telling myself to hold off longer on importing, but this one really seems unlikely for a western release. I remember some trailers notably had English subs in them a few months back too. Glad to see more signs of an Asia English version happening
Theyre getting the game soon, so well get a confirmation about it having Eng subs

Lol. Don't count on Sekai. They've been saying for years they'll release Vita titles but we have yet to see that fruit. Just a lot of empty promises from them. Still no word on the status of Grisaia Vita.

We still haven't gotten the games from their LRG partnership. You think we would have one by now. Hopefully we can get Rabi Rabi sometime this year since the EU ver already came out.

Besides. Sekai Project is just going to do another Kickstarter/Indogogo and ignore the other stuff
Yeah, after being so excited and backing projects I feel disappointed with them as nothing has happened. I thought LRG would mean a change, but still no news. I just hope my six year old laptop can handle these games.

your math is horribly off there. You spend more actual time in dungeons than in the regular hub world. I'd say its 15% inaba/whatever city and 80% dungeon crawling. 5% is velvet room since fusion accounts for alot of play time. probably closer to 20% in p3 and p4 original since you had to reset for hours to get the skills you wanted. Granted p4 had skill cards so less time there I think.
You think you're in the dungeons 80% of the time? In P4 in particular dungeons only took a couple hours, I think I took around 80 hours for P4 and less than 20 were in the dungeons

But hey we all play differently.

P5 you're right my numbers are a bit off, as I forgot mementos. It's probably more like 60% Tokyo 40% Metaverse

Especially when consider the price of the previous Asia Eng releases. Worse than Cyber Sleuth Vita and that wss alresdy pushing it for me.

Not sure if this is old news, but apparently there's a signup for free DLC for Culdcept Revolt. It says the signup will expire on October 3rd, but you know how these giveaways tend to end early, so if you're interested, I'd recommend against procrastinating.

You need to give them an email address and a name to sign up.

This is just a link to the siliconera article, but they have separate links to the NA, Europe, and Australia region signups.

Recent live stream featuring seiyuu Maaya Uchida and her little brother otouto Yuuma Uchida playing Fire Emblem Warriors (they both voice the new original characters for the game) at the 42:00 mark as well as play a few other games earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deKFAOdGFFE

Everybody's Golf - start

Monster Hunter XX - 29:30

Fire Emblem Warriors - 42:00

You think you're in the dungeons 80% of the time? In P4 in particular dungeons only took a couple hours, I think I took around 80 hours for P4 and less than 20 were in the dungeons

But hey we all play differently.

P5 you're right my numbers are a bit off, as I forgot mementos. It's probably more like 60% Tokyo 40% Metaverse
Yes completing dungeons only took a few hours each. More if you went back for the optional bosses at each one for a new weapon for your characters minus the first dungeon where you get it and a sidequest item without a new boss fight.

You however will spend dozens more hours grinding to get new personas, level up your current ones and your party members among other things.

The above mainly applies to p4 though.  p3 wise you will spend even more time in dungeons since it has hundreds of floors, floor bosses and such.  Plus the occasional npc or social link character that wanders in there you need to rescue in p3p.

this one is different. Supposedly. Heavy Arm will confirm it when they get it in

Games can multi asian release. Take Deemo and Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment for example.
Didn't sword art online hollow fragment also end up getting na english release/s though? Granted it was digital only on vita from what I recall. Then got the fixed translation physical ports later I think.

Maybe vgpca will get it and you can order it from there? They had the best price for cyber sluts vita so I got my copy from there for just under 55$ If I recall correctly.

bread's done
Back