Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
My head is too big for Danganronpa's hat but my wif looks good in it. The bag is of decent quality too, but too bad it is a backpack. Got too many backpacks already.

In the past, it was top shelf. I always called, as their ticket system can take ages to get replies, but I've gotten great service in the past. A few years back, they switched fulfillment centers or something, and they had a few orders where there was tons of issues. I got several replacements for the same order until they got it right, all on their dime.

I haven't had any issues since then, as all their packaging has been amazing ever since, so no current problems. But in the past, they went the extra mile to get whatever issues handled, it just might take some time to get the proper support, as they have always had issues with getting contacted.

Sonic Unleashed is my favorite Modern Sonic game, I loved the day time stages in it more than the ones in Sonic Generations in my opinion. I'm really happy they brought back the boost mechanic after they ditched it in Sonic Lost World but I'm a bit worried since it seems it's only limited to when you get the Wisp power up. I agree that the Avatar game play may not be great but I'd be willing to ignore it's flaws like I did with the Werehog if the Modern (and Classic) stages are fun.
Yeah the parkour thing in Lost World sounded interesting when I heard it. Played like trash to be honest. Okay it was...Okay at best. Controller-breaking at worst.

Same pretty much. As long as the rest of the game is fun I'll just play the avatar stages once and never look back.

But yes, the daytime stages in Unleashed are waaaaaay better than the modern Sonic stages in Generations.
You keep this up Whoknows and I'm going to wonder if you're wearing a beard; I swear I'm in some parallel universe when I logon to this forum.

Says the guy who mains this topic on CAG these days...lol.

Got my Mary Skelter LE last Thursday and my DV3 CE today. Not sure why yours would be taking so long to ship unless their was a problem with your payment method.
MS LE already delivered last friday

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the responses. Contact Iffy and got a pretty quick response - my order was stuck in "Awaiting Payment" even though payment had been posted for almost two weeks. Said they didn't know what the hold-up was, but that it'd ship out tomorrow.

My NISA order is stuck in "Processing", but it's also bundled with Ys and A Rose in the Twilight, so I can imagine how it'd take a bit longer to process. I'll give it a few days before I reach out to their support.

giphy.gif

Someone help me decide if I should buy Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2 on steam or GMG

GMG: $85
Steam: $108 + 2 bonus costumes

$23 difference. Are the 2 costumes really worth it? $23.... I mean I'm probably gonna get the season pass anyway which has a ton more costumes. But if I skip the costumes now, I will never get them.

Got the email from Iffy's Store yesterday about being charged on 10/3/17 for the 4 Goddesses Online LE.

That email was a reminder that October will be a very expensive month for me, in terms of game releases.  :shock:

They say this, but being a die-hard Vita fan for so long, my observation is that aside from Japanese Vita games, there are MUCH more English Vita games (and good ones) than Asian non-Japanese (e.g. Chinese/Korean) Vita games. Even with the latest releases, the west is actually more and better Vita games.

Of course if you know Japanese, you don't care since you get all the games anyway.

Now that Blue Reflection is out on the PC and people have played the game, it seems that while the PC version is still a little bit inferior to the PS4 version in terms of graphics it's not as bad as Atelier Firis was. Most of the comparisons I see use youtube screenshots for the PS4 version which isn't really a valid comparison. However there was one that may be a pre-rendered scene where it looks like it was upscaled and has a fair amount of visible artifacts. I have no way to confirm that the one I linked is accurate either, but it looks to be the case as multiple people are reporting it. Outside of that, it has been passable from what I've seen.

Granted they still don't know how to properly include graphic options and you'll probably be forced to edit the INI file directly. I'm not even sure the game supports proper Keyboard & Mouse controls, let alone configure it. At least they've got X-Input I guess?

The game is still $42.50 on GMG while Steam has it listed for $54 after a 10% discount. Figured I should probably do a follow-up from my original post.

You're not happen when it's big, and you're not happy when it's small!
This time I was referring to a dick, not boobs. There is a happy medium to these sorts of things you know. There is an exception to my boob rule though. D's can look good in Anime, and Anime-esque games, like Senran Kagura. Those are the only times! (In my opinion)

This time I was referring to a dick, not boobs. There is a happy medium to these sorts of things you know. There is an exception to my boob rule though. D's can look good in Anime, and Anime-esque games, like Senran Kagura. Those are the only times! (In my opinion)
Calm down, it was a joke.

Calm down, it was a joke.
Oh pft, I am calm. I didn't actually take what you said that seriously. I'm not actually as serious as my posts probably make me out to be.

Maybe it's the lack of emotion that I fail to put forth into my posts, or perhaps the lack of emotes that make me out to be incredibly serious. Hell if I know!

99cjWuB.gif

Today is a good day!

Index Season 3 potentially confirmed via a leak.

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash came out (I'm expecting a BRW unboxing video) and while I have not gotten them yet I'm glad to see everyone is also enjoying their copies of Blue Reflection and Danganronpa V3 which also came out today. I wanted to post my Senran Kagura PBS box copy but since everyone usually does that already I decided to do something unique.

5BYKkKM.png

I'm looking forward to playing with everyone.

Finally a new Battlefront 2 trailer came out, which I also look forward to playing with anyone here interested with as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

Reminder the beta starts next week on October 6th.

Peach Beach Splash was delivered and Mary Skelter, Ys VIII, Danganronpa V3, and A Rose in the Twilight LEs shipped today. What a great day.

(RIP wallet)

My 1st impressions of Senran Kagura PBS (Only played through the opening day so far):

• The CE is a small package but still really neat! The art book and soundtrack have pretty designs. Book has a ton of pages, soundtrack has a ton of songs. 
  • Gameplay is a lot more refined that I expected. It's way more fluid than the previous Senran Kagura musous, and really focuses on the shooting aspect with all types of guns and melee attacks are slow and weak.
  • Story is pretty wacky and full of innuendos. Master Kiriya seems so out of place. 
  • Graphics are okay, nothing Marvelous. Music is decent, opening soundtrack was awesome.

A couple of minor complaints though. I think they removed the leveling system and made it an upgrade system, which is a shame since leveling up chars and unlocking new moves in SK was really fun. Yumi seems to be the new main character and it sucks for Asuka who seems completely overshadowed now. Homura and Miyabi are almost nonexistent compared to Yumi. And why are all the bikini's white? A little color/design variety would be nice. I'm sure it's customization but they should've started with different designs that match different characters (rainbow for Asuka, purple for Murasaki, etc.) My favorite bikini color is black, so this was disappointing.

No unboxing video this time, it's not really a full-fledged CE. I might do one for Cyberdimension Neptunia. Thanks for reading!

Huh I have never seen that before either

senran kagura peach beach splash box is a lot smaller than what i had imagined.

qO5bfIb.jpg
That's really pathetic for a special or whatever edition.

Anywho hdn r1 is on sale on bundle stars for 4.50 for those interested https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1?utm_source=Bundle%20Stars%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=06c0236bc0-Hyper1_09_26_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-06c0236bc0-430708797&mc_cid=06c0236bc0&mc_eid=e7fa53f167

So how is Blue Reflection? I just heard of it today and it looks interesting but I wouldn't go out of my way to get the season pass. Is the fighting engine similar to neptunia games?

So is Summon Knight 6 officially delayed again? I noticed both Amazon and Gamestop show a 10/10 release date now.
Technically it never had a release date. I only listed it this week because the Playstation Blog had it listed this week. Last Friday (or was it Saturday?) the CE shipments were on the way to Vic. So it may very well be October 10th, two weeks from now.

A quote from Atlus's DMCA takedown response against a PS3 emulator may interest some of you PC guys

"We understand that many Persona fans would love to see a PC version. And while we don’t have anything to announce today, we are listening! For now, the best way to experience Persona 5 is on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3."

http://atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/

I also found the PBS box to be smaller than I thought it'd be. The Ys VIII LE was like that, too. Is it just because they don't have a shot of the game box in photos next to it, maybe?

I'm mostly okay with it, though. I like that they fit on shelves with standard release games more easily. But it does mean that art book won't be any larger than the box.

Huh I have never seen that before either
I've never seen the episode either, but most of my childhood is fuzzy due to age and or recreational drug use. LOL

So I may have seen it, and just forgot, but I believe if I saw that crazy **** going on, I would remember it, as that's some classic KR antics right there, for sure. What's great is the car flies through a window in to an apartment, and the guy coming out of the room is like "I didn't hear anything".

I used to see that GIF posted over at NeoGAF all the time, and I thought it was appropriate to Sony and those dopey ass comments made about the vita. I think I first saw it for MS during their ONE announcements, and I've seen it for some "N" BS as well over the years. One of my fav GIF's for sure.

I also found the PBS box to be smaller than I thought it'd be. The Ys VIII LE was like that, too. Is it just because they don't have a shot of the game box in photos next to it, maybe?

I'm mostly okay with it, though. I like that they fit on shelves with standard release games more easily. But it does mean that art book won't be any larger than the box.
Yeah it's pretty small even when compared to the actual game. But it's larger than the one for Estival Versus. It's also $10 more expensive though.

My disappointment is there wasn't an extra item included, like a set of cards or a key chain or something. The book's got around 80 quality pages though, and I rather see a book with more pages, than one of the large Neptunia hardcover ones with like 30. Soundtrack also has 47 tracks which is really nice. Overall, I think it's a decent CE. I don't think size really matters in this case, even a bigger box like the Neptunia CEs is gonna be filled with those paper/plastic holders and a lot of empty space.

How was TGS? It's on my bucket list of events I want to go to, but I'm wondering if the wait times for the long lines and stuff are worth it.
I went to one a while ago. I haven't been to any other gaming trade shows, but I imagine they're similar. Long lines, very crowded, you don't get to play a lot of games but you get some swag if you keep an eye out for it. There's also merch for sale and cosplayers.

I don't regret going, but I don't feel the need to go to another TGS again. It shouldn't be your only reason to go to Japan, but if you're already there while it's going on, sure, why not?

bread's done
Back