Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 8 of the release bonanza or week 7 for Japanese niche only releases. A few games high on peoples wishlist this week I'd wager. Summon Night 6 is still MIA with Vic still unable to properly tell time. It's even listed on the weekly Playstation blog as releasing this week again. He probably shouldn't say anything until he has the physical copies in his possession, then give a month release announcement from there. Chaos;Child should also be next week despite Playstation listing it as this week.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Million Arthur VR: Character Command RPG (PC VR | Card RPG)
- Hanako: Honor & Blade (Early Access | Action)

Weekly Releases (October 15th - October 21st)

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: First-Person Dungeon RPG
- Demo: Yes.
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Demo save can be loaded into the full game.

Fire Emblem Warriors
- Platform(s): 3DS, Switch
- Genre: Musou / Action
- Demo: N/A

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Platform(s): PS4, XB1, PC
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Not Japanese, obviously.

No Heroes Allowed! VR
- Platform(s): PS4 VR
- Genre: Real-Time Strategy

Gran Turismo Sport
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Racing
- Demo: No longer available.
- Online: Yes.

Spelunker Party!
- Platform(s): Switch, PC
- Genre: Platformer / Action

Elliot Quest
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Action-Adventure / RPG
- Comments: Digital only. Previously released on Wii U, 3DS, PC, PS4 & XB1.

Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Comments: Published by AGM PLAYISM. Mega Man clone.

Wulverblade
- Genre: Beat'em Up
- Comments: Not Japanese.

OVERTURN
- Platform(s): PC VR
- Genre: Action / Shooter
- Comments: Korean dev maybe? Not sure.

A Mortician's Tale
- Genre: Simulation
- Comments: Canadian dev.

PUSH
- Genre: Puzzle / Minimalist
- Comments: Polish devs.

Warbanners
- Genre: SRPG
- Comments: Russian or Ukranian dev.

Mirror
- Genre: Puzzle / Touchy-Feely

How to Fool a Liar King
- Genre: Visual Novel
- Demo: Yes.

Mutiny!!
- Comments: MangaGamer published, so they have the 18+ version. Possible 18+ patch for the Steam version.

Fox Hime
- Comments: Chinese language only.

Past Releases
October 8th - October 14th
October 1st - October 7th
September 24th - September 30th
September 17th - September 23rd
September 10th - September 16th

Its so good, it actually doesn't even feel like a Neptunia game.
The highest praise a compile heart game can get.

GMG has a coupon for 10% off all games. Works on already discounted games. Code is SUCHWOW10.

If you wanted to get Nights of Azure 2 this is the lowest price it's been at $36.(I knew I should've waited)

On the flip side they raised Battlefront 2's price back to msrp. No discount really kills my interest in getting it. I hope they bring the discount back.

4 Goddesses Online actually paid a few homages to Persona 5, which I thought was pretty cool. Might just be coincidental though.

There's a reaper boss that appears if you stay in a dungeon for too long. Vert has a few segments where she talks about the origins of different tea leaves, kinda like how Sojiro talked about different coffee beans. Characters have some back and forth conversations while in the dungeons now, with their icon showing in the corner when they speak. 

Also...

Go nuts forum!

ggHrRA8.jpg

4 Goddesses Online actually paid a few homages to Persona 5, which I thought was pretty cool. Might just be coincidental though.

There's a reaper boss that appears if you stay in a dungeon for too long. Vert has a few segments where she talks about the origins of different tea leaves, kinda like how Sojiro talked about different coffee beans. Characters have some back and forth conversations while in the dungeons now, with their icon showing in the corner when they speak.

Also...

Go nuts forum!
I'm sure the main reason this caught your eye is because they both look like Kurumi in that shot. ;D

Got an email this morning asking me to confirm my address for the Summon Knight 6 Wonderful Edition which they finally expect to ship in about two weeks.  Hope it will be worth the wait!

Got an email this morning asking me to confirm my address for the Summon Knight 6 Wonderful Edition which they finally expect to ship in about two weeks. Hope it will be worth the wait!
Hell, they should be sending interest earning reports to you guys as well, as there should be a good amount earned over all this time. LOL

Got an email this morning asking me to confirm my address for the Summon Knight 6 Wonderful Edition which they finally expect to ship in about two weeks. Hope it will be worth the wait!
3 Weeks Ago
Vic: I'll be sending out 'last call' emails next week!

2 Weeks Ago

*crickets*

1 Week ago

Vic: I'll be sending out 'last call' emails in the next few days.

Today

*Vic finally sends out 'last call' emails*

And eh, it's more of a fan service game with them bringing a bunch of past characters together. It'll probably be pretty decent compared to the stuff we get these days, but much of it will be lost on people in the west since we never got any of the main Summon Night games until the fifth one.

I hope they update the earlier games in the Summon Night series for modern consoles/handhelds and they get brought over to the west by someone like Atlus or XSeed. They were pretty good games gameplay wise and had a pleasing aesthetic. Granted I never understood what was really going on in the story when I played them.

I just got done watching Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works for the very first time.   It was good, but not as grand as I was expecting.   Maybe its a thing with me, that I always tend to like the first movie in a trilogy, or the original source material the most.  I expected a lot more story development with both Illya and Sakura. 

Really looking forward to seeing Heaven's Feel now that I've finally watched and enjoyed all three series. 

Culdcept Revolt has some limited time DLC available:

http://nisamerica.com/games/culdcept-revolt/free-dlc/

Just sign up there and you'll get a DLC code sometime after signups are closed. They close October 16th at 10AM Pacific, which is Monday. It includes Challenge from Hell (Quest + Map) & Soltis Book Cover DLC.
I got an email with the DLC code, but it doesn't seem to be redeemable yet. I simply got an error code.

Looks like asia isn't getting the version with all the music from the anime =/

That reminds me, whatever happened to Crunchyroll releasing Gintama again on dvd?
Some of the crunchy exclusive titles are starting to come out, so hopefully Gintama will not be far off

I got an email with the DLC code, but it doesn't seem to be redeemable yet. I simply got an error code.
You have to be past the tutorial and a few chapters in to redeem it.

Do you own the game? It must be redeemed in game.
I guess that was worth an ask, but yes i'm trying in game. I'm getting error code 009-2995 "Activation Code could not be recognized". The code in my email starts B0T and ends VF2 if that matches anyone else. If you do try on the eshop, you get a different error message that says it can only be redeemed in game.

I just got done watching Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works for the very first time. It was good, but not as grand as I was expecting. Maybe its a thing with me, that I always tend to like the first movie in a trilogy, or the original source material the most. I expected a lot more story development with both Illya and Sakura.

Really looking forward to seeing Heaven's Feel now that I've finally watched and enjoyed all three series.
If you're talking about the UBW movie, you should watch the tv series instead. The tv series is amazing! Again though, there won't be much on Illya or Sakura. Illya, or at least her backstory, is better covered in Fate/Zero, and Sakura's story will be in Heaven's Feel.

Played Awakening undubbed and Fates undubbed ( :whistle2: ) so going to english voices wouldve been so off putting. 

Glad nintendo stepped up and released the Japanese voices. 

bread's done
Back