Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have to opt into the trophy part of sony rewards or is it automatic if we're already part of the rewards program? 

Thankfully i got alot of games i skipped the platinum on by 1-3 trophies.

Time to go and do a trophy cleanup on those grindy/ pain in the ass trophies.  :beer:   :joystick:

Got Mario Odyssey a couple days ago, it is indeed awesome! Feels like Sunshine in that they took a gimmick as the focus and built the game around it (FLUDD/Cappy) and it works. Insane amount of moons, almost too many haha
Yup, that's what i been playing for the better part of a week +.

If you're completionist i suggest moving on to other worlds once you got around 20-30+ moons as some will be locked till post game.

i completed the main story over the weekend with
422 Moons and thats still not even half.

Do we have to opt into the trophy part of sony rewards or is it automatic if we're already part of the rewards program?

Thankfully i got alot of games i skipped the platinum on by 1-3 trophies.
Time to go and do a trophy cleanup on those grindy/ pain in the ass trophies. :beer: :joystick:
You'll need activate them on your account. There's 3 unlocks for the trophies and then you can start earning on your account.

So I'm thinking about getting Danganronpa V3 sometime soon. Is the Vita version fine? I've played all the Dangan games on the vita, just want to know they didn't gimp that version when releasing the PS4 one. 

Hatsune Miku x Monster Hunter Frontiers Colab

g1711021.jpg

So I'm thinking about getting Danganronpa V3 sometime soon. Is the Vita version fine? I've played all the Dangan games on the vita, just want to know they didn't gimp that version when releasing the PS4 one.
Sadly I would have prefered the vita version but opted for the ps4 version because I heard the vita version was slightly gimped. Low audio quality (although I heard there is a free downloadable dlc to upgrade the quality) and textures were kinda wonky I think. I don't actually know if it amounts to anything or if it's not really a noticeable difference though, so maybe someone with the vita version can give their input

A New Neptunia Project Is In The Works And It Will Surpass Your Expectations By 1,000%

About 90% of Compile Heart’s game logos are designed by Kochiwa.

The company will focus on PS4 developments, but they’ll also like to do some work on mobile games for the fans.

A new Neptunia project is in the works and it will surpass everyone’s expectations by 1,000%. Your expectations won’t be betrayed!

LINE stamps are also in the works.

Original titles are in the works, including one that’s completely different from the usual Compile Heart games. It has visuals with a sense of legacy, sorrowful music, and is a different kind of RPG.

Kochiwa really wants to show off a new app that makes Osamu Tezuka’s characters into heroines.

Compile Heart is recruiting year-round, so those with talent and knowledge with zero experience can still be recruited.

The company has a system where those who are still in training will immediately join in on the development line so they can start their studies right away.

Square Enix Has A Setting And Scenario Planner For A New NieR Development

Sengoku Basara Producer Says An Announcement For The Next Development Will Come In 2018

Gust Wants To Make A Blue Reflection Sequel To Respond To Fan Demand

Golbez Revealed As A New Fighter For Dissidia Final Fantasy On Arcade

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Will Have Japanese Audio, English Subtitles Available as a Free Day 1 Download

A New Neptunia Project Is In The Works And It Will Surpass Your Expectations By 1,000%

The company will focus on PS4 developments, but they’ll also like to do some work on mobile games for the fans.

A new Neptunia project is in the works and it will surpass everyone’s expectations by 1,000%. Your expectations won’t be betrayed!

Original titles are in the works, including one that’s completely different from the usual Compile Heart games. It has visuals with a sense of legacy, sorrowful music, and is a different kind of RPG.

Kochiwa really wants to show off a new app that makes Osamu Tezuka’s characters into heroines.

Compile Heart is recruiting year-round, so those with talent and knowledge with zero experience can still be recruited.

The company has a system where those who are still in training will immediately join in on the development line so they can start their studies right away.

Square Enix Has A Setting And Scenario Planner For A New NieR Development

Gust Wants To Make A Blue Reflection Sequel To Respond To Fan Demand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca-e5MrVbVU

Interesting localization choices were taken in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I see... Oh well, at least I know to temper my localization expectations for when I use the Japanese voices. I have a feeling it's still going to drive me crazy though.

Must be time for Plutia to have her own game

Weekly free PSN junk:

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash

PS4

- NW Basho Card Pack

Sonic Forces

PS4

- SEGA / ATLUS PACK

- EPISODE SHADOW

November's PS+ Games. Nothing else this week it seems. There's a Warner Brothers weekly sale, but it doesn't include anything thread related. However it does seem that there are some misc deals going on for a few random games like Conception II, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue & Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX.

I caved, and got a copy of RPG Maker MV. Maybe I'll actually use it this time. Being able to export to a Mac/iOS/Android is a big plus, and I understand the controller support is much improved over the previous versions.

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash patch 1.02 came out today. I can't find any patch notes, but it's supposed to merge the servers I think for global matchmaking, and also nerf the sniper rifle damage.

Must be time for Plutia to have her own game
Would be so awesome if they had a Neptunia game with the side characters headlining, and the main cast sitting back. So like Plutia, Peashy, Uzume, Tamsoft, Dengekiko, Famitsu, Iffy, Compa, etc.

Oh, I just bought the two vita games the other day. I don't need to have played the first game to start these right?
You don't have to, but I highly recommend you either play the game or watch the anime (1:1 of the game) from 2005'ish. The second game, Truth, especially will have a lot of callbacks towards the original as well as returning characters. Plus the ending ties directly into the ending of the very first Utawarerumono.

Deception and Truth do much better with the story/lore than the original, but honestly they're kind of a full package as a trilogy in a way even though the original wrapped itself up fairly well.

EDIT: My review/thoughts on Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth which talks about the original.

Damn those are some sweet game deals, glad I'm not buying anything till Black Friday this year (Except Pokemon since I got the double steelbook again)

bread's done
Back