Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anyone posting this: email from Aksys with sale until 11-27-17.

In fairness though it's only 20% and doesn't seem to have started even though the email said it starts today.

Glad I decided to get school girl zombie hunter from amazon.

Best buy has been coming soon for like a week, and now it's sold out. It never even went up. lol.

Why do they do that? Sometimes best buy is awesome, but sometimes stuff like that makes me hate them.

They have me by the balls, though because no other place offers discounts on CEs.

To no one's surprise, because it automatically gets a +10 for being Zelda.
I would've laughed so hard if PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds won Game of the Year instead.

I voted for the hell of it and I don't really think anything I chose won except for Cuphead. Go figure. Not sure if I chose Horizon for PS GOTY on their meager voting selection or not.

NIS Publisher Sale on Steam. Lasts until Monday's store update.

Sale seems alright, but not great. They don't have a large PC selection to begin with and since Black Friday is coming soon, Steam should have its large sale soon that might discount it further.

IMOQ had an excellent story and I would definitely pay for a remaster, even with the shitty outdated combat, but I'm not paying for the utter trash that is G.U. to get it.
I liked some things from g.u. like the combat and the mc having 4 unique classes. I'd really love an option where you could switch controlled characters like in tales and star ocean though. Oh and increasing party number since its an mmo after all so you should have a larger party. They did in the animes.

Weekly free PSN junk:

Little Nightmares

PS4

- Demo

Not seeing anything else this week. Seems like Dungeon Travelers 2, Lost Dimension, Jet Set Radio & Citizens of Earth are (still?) on sale. Other than that, there's no special sale this week.
While I am thinking of it killer is dead is free via humble bundle.

Beat steven universe save the light. minus the bugs of which I ran into 2 loading bugs, 3 music bugs where I couldn't do the music puzzles and 1 nice bug that let me go through objects and only interact with warp pads.

You used to be able to count on GS for one. thing. That was $20 Tales games on BF!
Wow I guess it did better than expected if its breaking the 20$ pattern since xillia. Even hearts r hit 20 and it was a limited print vita game. I already got berseria when it was on sale on amazon for 24$. Glad I splurged for once since typically its after I buy it that games magically plummet in price.

Glad I decided to get school girl zombie hunter from amazon.

Best buy has been coming soon for like a week, and now it's sold out. It never even went up. lol.

Why do they do that? Sometimes best buy is awesome, but sometimes stuff like that makes me hate them.

They have me by the balls, though because no other place offers discounts on CEs.
i thought prime also did discounts, did for me, only didn't seem to work for some of the cheaper new games

Wow I guess it did better than expected if its breaking the 20$ pattern since xillia. Even hearts r hit 20 and it was a limited print vita game. I already got berseria when it was on sale on amazon for 24$. Glad I splurged for once since typically its after I buy it that games magically plummet in price.
i always have that same luck, i just look at it as still got a deal just not the best, worst is when i wait, all the inventory is magically shifted to sold by some third party and the price gets jacked up

i thought prime also did discounts, did for me, only didn't seem to work for some of the cheaper new games

i always have that same luck, i just look at it as still got a deal just not the best, worst is when i wait, all the inventory is magically shifted to sold by some third party and the price gets jacked up
I think it could be because they changed it somewhat recently. So all orders before the cutoff are fine, but newer ones may not get the discount anymore. Or are you still getting the discount for CE's on an order you could place today?

I think it could be because they changed it somewhat recently. So all orders before the cutoff are fine, but newer ones may not get the discount anymore. Or are you still getting the discount for CE's on an order you could place today?
They changed it that you don't get the 20% off on released games anymore. Only works on pre-orders. Also they haven't been doing the 20% off on the CE or LE ver. a lot more lately. Like the Xenoblade 2 CE.

Just fyi, but PA's current sale is glitching like crazy, similar to the 2 for $25 Vita sale glitch last time around, so if anyone is interested,

nLW18po.png

Caveman Warriors is the key to the glitch, so make sure to have that in your cart, and every following PA exclusive title added will get zero'd out, and you just pay the shipping.

The core sale is supposed to be a BOGO on PA exclusives, but clearly, it's much more than that currently.

Happy hunting all! ;D

Fingers crossed it'll get fulfilled like last time. ^___^

Just fyi, but PA's current sale is glitching like crazy, similar to the 2 for $25 Vita sale glitch last time around, so if anyone is interested,

nLW18po.png

Caveman Warriors is the key to the glitch, so make sure to have that in your cart, and every following PA exclusive title added will get zero'd out, and you just pay the shipping.

The core sale is supposed to be a BOGO on PA exclusives, but clearly, it's much more than that currently.

Happy hunting all! ;D

Whoa, that's awesome!

Does it work on anything else? All of those kinda look shovelware-ish to me..

Whoa, that's awesome!

Does it work on anything else? All of those kinda look shovelware-ish to me..
I've tried other things, but it doesn't.

The reason it worked on these is because the regular promotion is BOGO on these games, but I've tried adding other ones too, but no dice.

If you do try it though, make sure you don't go through normal Paypal checkout at the beginning, and go through the website checkout, and then pick Paypal payment method where you enter the code GEMATSU..

If you go straight from Paypal, it'll charge you the full amount for some odd reason, but the latter method seems to work just fine, albeit, I have checkedout for awhile, so hopefully the latter still works.

If anything, the value here is just too great. ;D

Happy hunting all! ;D

Wow that's insane... and it got fulfilled last time?

I put one in for local delivery to a family member to lives there and got free shipping. I could've also chose Store Pickup which would be weird... But hopefully it works. Or should I have gone with express delivery?

Wow that's insane... and it got fulfilled last time?

I put one in for local delivery to a family member to lives there and got free shipping. I could've also chose Store Pickup which would be weird... But hopefully it works. Or should I have gone with express delivery?
Hard to say.

You were able to checkout okay with the glitch?

Also, I think express might've been better since they prepare it faster, so less of a chance for it to be cancelled maybe?

Who knows.

Since you actually have relatives there and free shipping, that'd be amazing, assuming they'd be able to ship it to you for less. ;D

And yes, the 2 for 25 glitch orders were fulfilled last time. ^___^

Hard to say.

You were able to checkout okay with the glitch?

Also, I think express might've been better since they prepare it faster, so less of a chance for it to be cancelled maybe?

Who knows.

Since you actually have relatives there and free shipping, that'd be amazing, assuming they'd be able to ship it to you for less. ;D

And yes, the 2 for 25 glitch orders were fulfilled last time. ^___^
I neglected to apply the coupon, but put in an order using PayPal and the total came out correct.

Thanksgiving this week. There doesn't seem to be anything western wise either outside of the Assassin's Creed Origins DLC. Hopefully I didn't forget listing anything this week as I was half dead when I wrote this up last night.

Other stuff that released without warning last week (Assume PC unless otherwise noted):
- Final Fantasy XV Comrades DLC (PS4 | Action RPG)
- NEKO-NIN exHeart +PLUS Saiha (Visual Novel)
- THE LAST BLADE 2 (Fighting)

Weekly Releases (November 19th - November 25th)

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
- Platform(s): 3DS
- Genre: Visual Novel / Investigation
- Demo: N/A
- Online: N/A
- Comments: Digital only.

River City: Rival Showdown
- Genre: Beat'em Up / RPG?

Nintendo 2DS (Link Green Edition)
- Genre: Hardware

Axiom Verge (Multiverse Edition)
- Platform(s): PS4, Vita, Switch
- Genre: Metroidvania
- Comments: Physical edition. Previously released digitally.

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
- Platform(s): PS4 VR
- Genre: Fishing
- Comments: Digital only. Requires PSVR.

Project Nimbus: Code Mirai
- Platform(s): PS4
- Genre: Action / Mech

- Comments: Remaster of Project Nimbus from the PC. Unlikely to come to PC.

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack
- Platform(s): Switch
- Genre: Action Platformer
- Comments: Physical edition. Previously released digitally.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC
- Genre: Rhythm / Music
- Comments: Previously released on PS4, Vita & Xbox One.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Explorer's Edition)
- Genre: Action-Adventure
- Comments: Comes with the game, a two-sided map and an explorers guide.

Battle Chef Brigade
- Platform(s): PC
- Genre: Action / RPG
- Comments: Looks interesting.

World of Final Fantasy
- Genre: RPG
- Comments: Previously released on PS4 & Vita.

Keep in touch
- Genre: Visual Novel?

Bakery
- Genre: Simulation
- Comments: Chinese language only.

Past Releases
November 12th - November 18th
November 5th - November 11th
October 29th - November 4th
October 22nd - October 28th
October 15th - October 21st

Little Witch Academia Gets New PS4 Gameplay Showing Couch Co-Op and New Character

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation Guide — How to Register, Download and Play

New Valkyria Game Teases Two New Characters and a “Cruiser” Before Reveal

I choose FedEx Express for my order with all the P-A Exclusives and it's expected to ship Monday (HKT). :shock:

Other stuff that released:
- Final Fantasy XV Comrades DLC (PS4 | Action RPG)
My friends and I have been having so much fun with this. :D

I was even able to cancel my previous order because that one was economy, so it didn't even have a date of when it might ship, so easy cancel. ;D
Got in on this, thanks man!!! But I also went ahead & cancelled my previous order of just Rive PS4 & Tachyon Project Vita.

How long does it generally take for the funds of a cancelled PlayAsia order to return to the original form of payment used??

Mangagamer Anime NYC announcements:

- Umineko: Golden Fantasia fan-made fighting game coming out December 8th on Steam.

- Princess Evangile W Happiness hard copy out December 15th

- Imouto Paradise 2 out December 22nd (Merry Christmas to me!!!!)

Sweet Switch ~When Our Eyes Meet, My Body Melts~ (NSFW) - New announcement about some guy giving a gaze and turning on some girls. Looks fun enough for a play.

Bitter Exclusion (NSFW) - Umm some VN about a guy who feels his class is having sex without him, and he's right. It looks like NTR the game...not my thing.

I'm just happy for Imouto Paradise 2 soon....1 was a pretty fun Nukige. Of the two games I'll play one of them.

If it gets canceled, let it go. What, you're going to be pushy about knowingly exploiting a glitch in their system? Kind of pathetic.

I never even bothered before because I assumed they fixed it. Anyway they changed the payment screen to worldpay or something like that. I've never seen that before. I kept my 2 previous orders though in case they cancel this.

Edit: Where do you see expected ship date?

If it gets canceled, let it go. What, you're going to be pushy about knowingly exploiting a glitch in their system? Kind of pathetic.
The issue is more getting a refund if the order is cancelled. Play-Asia likes to just give you store credit and call it good instead of actually giving you a refund. You may also want to look into the name of the site if you're wondering why people are trying to get games cheap.

I never even bothered before because I assumed they fixed it. Anyway they changed the payment screen to worldpay or something like that. I've never seen that before. I kept my 2 previous orders though in case they cancel this.

Edit: Where do you see expected ship date?
It's in the top left area on your order details through the website.

The issue is more getting a refund if the order is cancelled. Play-Asia likes to just give you store credit and call it good instead of actually giving you a refund. You may also want to look into the name of the site if you're wondering why people are trying to get games cheap.
Getting games cheap and hoping to exploit a "glitch" are 2 different things. You can be thrifty and have integrity at the same time, believe it or not.

All of my orders still say preparing. Even the ones I made a few days ago. Those were all economy though.
Yeah, my previous order also didn't have a date yet because it was economy, so probably why it cancelled so easily.

My new order had the Monday ship date not long after I made my order yesterday.

bread's done
Back