Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight Hit PS4, PS Vita Early 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtbjStPDs_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YpE76JQoM
Hmm, that's further away than I was expecting...

Atlus confirmed via Facebook that there will be no physical versions. RIP.
Wait, what? That's pretty bad of them....

I don't feel so bad for importing them since their localization is so far away. But if there's also no physical versions then I'm really glad I decided to import them

Atlus confirmed via Facebook that there will be no physical versions. RIP.
Thanks for the info. That really sucks. I'll definitely by waiting for Asian/English versions down the line or for the Japanese versions to drop quite a bit in price, which they will at some point.

The Vita production line stops production March 2019 and physical games have to be registered as such by the end of this month. I can already see the posts about how LRG managed to get an already published Vita game announced physically so a game still in localization for the west could have done the same thing.

If you want to import: It's $63 per game plus $10-30 shipping (one charge) depending on if you want it in a bubble mailer or a box. The Limited Edition with all 3 games is going to run closer to $150 and all DLC (which there's plenty of this time around) will be incompatible unless you wipe the Vita and sign in to a Japanese PSN account.

I realize I should have clarified - yes, I was talking about the Vita versions. Thought I was in the Vita thread when I posted that. PS4 will still be getting physical editions, as I've been informed several times.

I realize I should have clarified - yes, I was talking about the Vita versions. Thought I was in the Vita thread when I posted that. PS4 will still be getting physical editions, as I've been informed several times.
Yeah, I assumed you meant Vita since PS4 very rarely gets digital-only releases. All good.

My imported copies are the Vita version, since I knew I'd get the localized versions for PS4 eventually. Without really overthinking it I made a good decision lol (Since publishers refuse to make physical copies of games for a 'dead' system)

Oh boy. More Neptunia.
Neptunia and Atelier have been separate from them for a while now.

E: In the case of the latter they did utilize the same localization crew for a while but now switched to a cheaper subs only release.

But imagine if NISA announced they got Kiseki.

Also watch Danganronpa be announced for Switch

I doubt they'll get Kiseki. Danganronpa on Switch is possible, but I don't think Japan has it?

It'll probably be that Makai game though. And Liar Princess.

Watch it be CS3.

tumblr_mny57gn_Gr_N1rjjc3go1_500.gif

So if you select "No" does the game just say "Thanks for Playing" and then shut down?
I've gone through a couple and answered No. While I haven't done that one, they'll steer the topic back to whatever they were talking about. The most meaningful choice I think I got was Vert asking if she should wear glasses again.

Outside of the Big Neptune scenes, everything else is just the characters visiting after the events of Neptunia VII. You have to play through the entirety of VII to get them all.

The game does a few split second checks (with audio queue) to see if you're looking at certain places which also makes the dialogue vary slightly.

8KiR1ht.jpg

How about they release the games from their LRG partnership first before announcing "Sekai Games"

https://gematsu.com/2016/06/fault-milestone-one-rabi-ribi-coming-ps4-ps-vita

I know Rabi Ribi came out but I'm talking about the physical edition for that one.

Narcissu PS4/Vita

Fault Milestone One PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 1 PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 2 PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 3 PS4/Vita

How about they release the games from their LRG partnership first before announcing "Sekai Games"

https://gematsu.com/2016/06/fault-milestone-one-rabi-ribi-coming-ps4-ps-vita

I know Rabi Ribi came out but I'm talking about the physical edition for that one.

Narcissu PS4/Vita

Fault Milestone One PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 1 PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 2 PS4/Vita

World End Economica Episode 3 PS4/Vita
This. So much this. I'd love to hear their excuse for why none of these have updates.

Outside of the Big Neptune scenes, everything else is just the characters visiting after the events of Neptunia VII. You have to play through the entirety of VII to get them all.

The game does a few split second checks (with audio queue) to see if you're looking at certain places which also makes the dialogue vary slightly.

8KiR1ht.jpg
I thought she was holding a baby but it was just her boobs.

I'm a mix of angry and disappointed at how excited I was about all these Vita games, putting hundreds of dollars aside anticipating them and now looks to be a grand total of zero may be coming. They won't see a dime from me anymore for their Kickstarters now.

Least I have Muv Luv coming...

I'm starting to get this sneaking suspicion that Code Vein simply isn't going to live up to the true Dark Souls formula.  It looks a little too flashy and action-game oriented. 

bread's done
Back