Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to check AMZ JP since I had it saved in my cart. I found a Vita LE version for almost $80 shipped. I couldn't translate the page, but there's been 2 listing for both PS4 and Vita, one for Amazon exclusive and one regular, and this appears to be the regular LE version on sale: Link here
How does international shipping with amazon japan work?

So long as they offer shipping to the US, it's the same as any place. In the past the items I normally ordered came by some form of express, and was just a standard cost. I haven't order from them in years, but it was A-OK when I last used them.

Now if some Amazon sellers don't offer US shipping, you can go that service route, where you pay some place in Japan to take possession, and then mail to you, but I never used any of those, so that would require some more details.

My experience ordering from AMZ JP is really good. I never really tracked my packages from them before, but I felt like it took maybe a week sometimes less. Also, everything is always really well packaged.

Completely different entity than US or EU.

EDIT: what chrislaustin said essentially. The charges for shipping are much more reasonable, and so long as they let you order it, then it will ship.

Hmm, that Vita LE for Extela/Link at $72 is extremely tempting...
A good MJ tile set would normally run you about $40-50, unless you're somewhere in Asia and have the means to negate shipping costs.

Their shipping costs are generally very reasonable, and my orders have arrived fairly fast with standard shipping. I even got a Vita console three days after I ordered it with standard shipping. Normally it takes 4 or 5 days in my experience. They package things really well too. Never had a bad experience ordering from Amazon Japan.

Dj4sMsyUUAAFzue.jpg
man how lazy of the artist to copy paste the face for the main centerpiece onto the girl with the mask. Minus their hand being closed they practically copied that too.

Negan getting added was completely unexpected, but I'm pretty excited about that.

Though I do feel he would have been better suited for Injustice or Mortal Kombat.
I can see Mortal Kombat. Injustice would be a bit odd, power-level wise. Then again that game (and many fighting games based on pre-existing characters) are completely jacked up in how they balance characters that should never be balanced.

You would disrespect Negan like that and want him to have stiff segmented animations?
lol No, quite the opposite actually. :)

I was just thinking that in Injustice or Mortal Kombat he'd have the brutal, bloody combat that we know and love.

But I'm sure Tekken will do a good job too.

Weekly free PSN junk:

Valkyria Chronicles 4

PS4

- Demo (Alt Link)

428: Shibuya Scramble

PS4

- Demo

The Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo is also out on the Switch I believe as well. There's also some free ResetERA avatars and a theme that I won't be linking. I thought there was something else that was releasing this week as well which was free, but I'm not seeing it.

At 40 dollars, there must not be much of a game here.
Or they are having problems moving those more expensive CE, especially when Play-Asia is offering similar sets to this at $35 w/free shipping. I stopped buying those bigger ones from them last year, as really the art books where all I wanted, and pricing just didn't justify that for me. I actually have a 10-12 dollar credit with them, and I can't find anything to buy, as their best offerings are CE, and even with 12 off, is still way to much to pay. These smaller sets appeal to more people, as it's normal game prices, with a few freebies thrown in for good measure.

Another issue currently, is just the amount of CE everywhere, for almost every title released(and all this "limited" shit ain't helping). They have to be feeling that, as NISA releases more CE in a year than almost anyone. When they still offered Vita, I would pre-order 2-3 items together, just to delay the orders, as the cost was insane. I can have a good month of Play-Asia or LRG releases, for the same cost of a few of their CE. No thank you, I'm done with that, as it really just came to be to much.

They just threw both of my VITA games in a box, not even a fucking sticker. lmao

It took 2 years... never again kickstarter. 

They just threw both of my VITA games in a box, not even a fucking sticker. lmao

It took 2 years... never again kickstarter.
It wasn't very exciting. Also said box was massive for those 2 games. Least you got some type of keys as well. I'm likely just going to sell my Vita set.

Was just curious, who here is interested in getting SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy for PS4? I'm still undecided, and thought it might be nice to see if there's enough of a crowd to want to set up a lobby or something, which might push me towards getting it.

At 40 dollars, there must not be much of a game here.
Those games are generally priced at that point. Firefly Diaries, Rose in the Twilight etc.

Btw, there's an ebay coupon tomorrow. 15% off with code PRONTO15.

And I VC4 is up on steam for $60, but what's weird is that the listing on Fanatical is pricing it at $80($100 msrp). Indiegala has it at $48(20% off) which makes more sense.

Those games are generally priced at that point. Firefly Diaries, Rose in the Twilight etc.

Btw, there's an ebay coupon tomorrow. 15% off with code PRONTO15.

And I VC4 is up on steam for $60, but what's weird is that the listing on Fanatical is pricing it at $100 msrp. Not sure if it's a mistake or because of regional pricing. I'll probably have to order it at steam at this rate.
Weird, Fanatical usually has fair prices for the US.. $100 MSRP is crazy. I have seen other regions get crazy prices for SEGA games though, but never the US

Was just curious, who here is interested in getting SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy for PS4? I'm still undecided, and thought it might be nice to see if there's enough of a crowd to want to set up a lobby or something, which might push me towards getting it.
Of the crossover fighters that we've been seeing so many of this year, I'd say SNK Heroines is easily my least anticipated.

There is going to be a Standard Asia English edition for sale at Play Asia. Im personally going to get to it one of these days

lol, Kiryu's a virgin and has never killed a man... somehow

I just started replaying Yakuza 0 on Legend difficulty (only thing I need to get the platinum) and it's so much fun to experience again - I mean you film the freaking Thriller music video with Michael Jackson and Steven Spielberg Miracle Johnson and Steven Spining in it!
nah he sexes the ladies from the telephone club in 0 and also that girl in 5

but for the most part if anything Kazuma is a volcel, womenfolk love him

(him apparently never killing anyone despite throwing multiple dudes out of skyscraper windows is my favorite thing though, I think he operates on Batman rules)

Another freakin' September game with Punch Line. Enough already! I'll support it cause I love VNs, though I really wasn't wowed by the anime, and I believe watching that might be a requirement, as I believe this game finishes that story. Just stop and put it later in the year already.

nah he sexes the ladies from the telephone club in 0 and also that girl in 5

but for the most part if anything Kazuma is a volcel, womenfolk love him

(him apparently never killing anyone despite throwing multiple dudes out of skyscraper windows is my favorite thing though, I think he operates on Batman rules)
Yeah, I always thought it was implied that Kiryu would go with the hostesses when he finishes each of their sub missions. So lots of opportunities there.

Also, I'm not so sure about the 'not killing anyone' thing. I remember him shooting down helicopters, (which I assume they wouldn't survive lol). Also, the shooting sub game part in 1, where you're in the car with Date. I'm pretty sure some of those guys died.

I guess when it comes to physical fist fights, Kiryu doesn't kill.

Yeah, I always thought it was implied that Kiryu would go with the hostesses when he finishes each of their sub missions. So lots of opportunities there.

Also, I'm not so sure about the 'not killing anyone' thing. I remember him shooting down helicopters, (which I assume they wouldn't survive lol). Also, the shooting sub game part in 1, where you're in the car with Date. I'm pretty sure some of those guys died.

Just like how Batman doesn't kill anyone despite breaking multiple necks and crashing cars and whatever else. Most of Kiryu's Heat actions would surely end in death, or at least permanent disability, even if not immediately. Especially the spinal injury-related ones.

There's also that bit where a guy pulls a gun on Kiryu in a restaurant and he just fuckin grabs some random-ass waiter to use as a meatshield. Technically, he didn't kill him!

In the producer's opinion he's a virgin, but yeah I find that unlikely haha

Towards the end of Yakuza 6 someone tells Kiryu "I never thought the day would come that the Dragon of Dojima killed a man" which implies he's squeaky clean up to that point, but I'm skeptical too... I think he just cut that dude in half
giphy.gif

In the producer's opinion he's a virgin, but yeah I find that unlikely haha

Towards the end of Yakuza 6 someone tells Kiryu "I never thought the day would come that the Dragon of Dojima killed a man" which implies he's squeaky clean up to that point, but I'm skeptical too... I think he just cut that dude in half
giphy.gif
He also blew up a couple helicopters over the series with a pilot and passengers operating them.

bread's done
Back