Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 4.0

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Welcome to the Japanese niche games deals and discussion thread!  Feel free to talk about local and import Japanese games here.  Our goal is to maintain a thread dedicated to active deals on niche games including RPGs, Visual Novels (VN), Shoot'em ups (Shmups), Musou, etc.  Also maintained are pre-orders for standard, limited and collector's edition games with key release dates provided.

I've wikified the thread to make it more friendly and open to others that can actively update with important information. You can find the wiki post directly below this one.

NOTE:  Please, leave the censorship discussion away from this thread.  It's common for japanese games to have questionable content outside of the country.  We want to keep discussions to the game itself and not about cultural/societal tolerance.

A message from Thorbahn:

Our CAG Japanese Niche Games Thread also has a community on PS4, where you can interact and game with other members of the thread.

Our moderators are: Draekon, Las_Hole, and Waffleswanton

You can basically friend any of our members, or any moderator, and you will be able to request to join the community under "Communities friends are in" tab, and a mod will approve your request.

You can also leave your PSN ID in the thread, saying you want to join, and we can invite you directly as well.

As always, have fun and enjoy your stay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah first one I had was an import for the Dreamcast, Atelier Marie & Elie Limited Edition (it was a cheap import at the time).  I didn't get into the series beyond that and eventually sold it off when I parted ways with my DC collection.

I kind of miss the way it was done in Atelier Iris games for the PS2. All 3 were pretty easy to learn and the alchemy wasn't too complicated. Also the stories were alright. Also Mana Khemia may not have had the best stories, but were pretty fun, had a fun leveling system and I liked the school setting. When the hell are they going to revive that series and Mana Khemia 2 goes for a lot nowadays!

I remember when every Gamestop near me had exactly one complete copy of Mana Khemia 1 on the shelves.  They looked so nice.  Sitting there next to the other Shadow Hearts PS2 game cases.

God I miss those days, the era of hunting 'used' deluxe jrpgs that came complete with boxes and full color instruction manuals.  Before all (profitable) hobbies were taken over by online speculators and flippers everywhere. 

Just triggered a, "I think I have that" moment.  Found two complete copies of Mana Khemia 1 on the shelf, still resealed by BBY.  Probably from that window of time where BBY had preowned games b2g1 and it stacked with gcu and an additional visa checkout promo.  Pretty sure I ordered every instock jrpg I didn't have in my collection.  Still doesn't explain why I have two of MK1 though.  Maybe I ordered one of each and was send two of 1 by mistake.

Edit: Turns out what I have isn't MK1 or MK2.  It's the MK psp game.  Shows what I know.

My GameStop best steal was a copy of Steel Battalion used, but like new and copy of the game still sealed under a piece of cardboard in the bottom of the box because they "lost the game" - and this is why they were selling it as used (I don't know why the box was opened, maybe trying to get the box for a gutted copy). It was from GameStop and they had around 35% off used original Xbox games going too, so it was about $33. It took a little work, I didn't just see it on the shelf. I was calling every GameStop within 50 miles looking for one that had Steel Battalion but they all said "we only have the game", even though the trade in was supposed to require the controller. I got outside my 50 mile radius by getting each store to also tell me the numbers of other stores with one in stock and just kept going, ignoring any repeats until I found one. They agreed to ship it to my local GameStop, my local GameStop just had to also agree and tell them - and the manager was happy to as long as I was going to buy it. I figured I could buy one of the of the used disc only copies and still get a decent deal, even though I'd be paying 'double' the GameStop price, but the sealed copy was a nice surprise.

I got my MSRP copy of Devil's Third for Wii U at launch from a GameStop too when it was mostly only pre-orders were being fulfilled - Someone may have canceled, I could only find one in my area. That's an expensive game now too if you haven't looked recently!  :hot:

They've been around for quite a while, IIRC.
Damn, I had to look this up and didn't realize they've been around for so long... I just meant like, how many there seemed to be on the PS4/NS. I thought the PS2 games were the first ones....

I remember when every Gamestop near me had exactly one complete copy of Mana Khemia 1 on the shelves. They looked so nice. Sitting there next to the other Shadow Hearts PS2 game cases.

God I miss those days, the era of hunting 'used' deluxe jrpgs that came complete with boxes and full color instruction manuals. Before all (profitable) hobbies were taken over by online speculators and flippers everywhere.
At least you got to see those days.

This is an instance where I'm glad I'm a collector/hoarder/whatever you wanna call me but I'm so happy to have nearly every single PS1 and PS2 game I ever wanted and a good chunk of SNES/Saturn games I want too. I loved the hunt for deals back in the day but glad there were a few instances where I said "I might never get this on sale" and paid collector prices for the game. After years of buying games at MSRP, then being spoiled with deals after finding CAG ($5 Circuit City clearance!), I still remember the day I bought Suikoden II for $87 in 2003 because it felt like such a taboo at the time to pay MORE for a game then MSRP.

I think I have a used copy of either Mana Khemia 1 or 2; I don't remember which. I also don't remember if it was complete or disc only; I got it back when Gamestop was getting rid of their PS2 games.

Damn, I had to look this up and didn't realize they've been around for so long... I just meant like, how many there seemed to be on the PS4/NS. I thought the PS2 games were the first ones....

At least you got to see those days.

This is an instance where I'm glad I'm a collector/hoarder/whatever you wanna call me but I'm so happy to have nearly every single PS1 and PS2 game I ever wanted and a good chunk of SNES/Saturn games I want too. I loved the hunt for deals back in the day but glad there were a few instances where I said "I might never get this on sale" and paid collector prices for the game. After years of buying games at MSRP, then being spoiled with deals after finding CAG ($5 Circuit City clearance!), I still remember the day I bought Suikoden II for $87 in 2003 because it felt like such a taboo at the time to pay MORE for a game then MSRP.
Circuit City, Toys R Us, K B Toys, Funcoland, EB Games, Babbages...hard to believe they are all gone. We don't even have a single retro store around here anymore, the closest one is 35 miles away in a college town and it's run like crap. I miss the days of reading gaming magazines with poorly translated information about some new game, generally a JRPG and just letting that hype build up for what felt like forever.

Hell I remember buying 2 copies of Earthbound when Toys R Us cleared them out for I believe $5 and not only did the cashier give me the "you sure you want to throw your money away like this" talk my mom asked me why I would buy two copies, you can only play one at a time after all!

Honestly I wasn't as big of a fan of Sophie 2 story wise. I felt it really dragged on and was a breeze until the final boss where you kinda had to create OP items, or just spam cheese at them.
The story I guess has an impact on the events of 1... but there isn't that same "save the town/save the world feel most had.
It's pretty self contained, but the cast was fairly likeable

Speaking of Atelier, anyone see any good deals for Sophie 2? I have Sophie 1 and was happy to read that I'd really only need to play that game to understand the story in 2 (I don't have the other 2 Mysterious Trilogy games). I know the game just came out, but I don't want to sleep on picking it up since Gust reprints can be unpredictable. Also, thoughts on Sophie 2? I heard it's got quite a few QOL improvements compared to the rest of the series. For the record, I've only played a little bit of Rorona on Vita (hated the time limit, didn't think it was implemented as well as in the Persona series or even in Gust's other game, Nights of Azure) and I completed both Ryza 1 and 2 and loved them.

Jesus, how many Atelier games are there...?
I know this has been answered but i like the series so i wanna talk about it. :p

They pretty much release a game a year. I wasn't into the series until they dropped the multiple endings and time limits. I was really burned out on the ending i got for meruru. The new games are more cozy and less stressful because they got rid of the removal of those restrictions. So while there may be around 23 main line games, there is only a few I have because those are the ones without said restrictions. But all the ones that don't have restrictions I've bought them all.

New Fairy Fencer F game announced for PS5, PS4, and Switch.  It's a tactics/strategy RPG now.

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master, a well written, slightly batshit crazy yuri VN is at a historical low ($19.49) for the next ~20 hours on Fanatical. Its sequel is also on sale for $19.99 there, but that’s a longer sale and doesn’t quite match its historical low ($18.49). These are Steam keys. For the record, Fanatical gives you a 5% coupon with every transaction, so even if you want both it might be best to split it into multiple transactions.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-master
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-after

New Fairy Fencer F game announced for PS5, PS4, and Switch. It's a tactics/strategy RPG now.
I brushed off the news because I just assumed it was a remaster. But that's good news!

I also always get it confused with Guided Fate of Paradox.

Yumeutsutsu Re:Master, a well written, slightly batshit crazy yuri VN is at a historical low ($19.49) for the next ~20 hours on Fanatical. Its sequel is also on sale for $19.99 there, but that’s a longer sale and doesn’t quite match its historical low ($18.49). These are Steam keys. For the record, Fanatical gives you a 5% coupon with every transaction, so even if you want both it might be best to split it into multiple transactions.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-master
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yumeutsutsu-re-after
Thanks, I bought it. For every $10 you spend you get a scratch card that gives you a free game or a coupon so yeah it's worth splitting them into multiple transactions. I got a $1 coupon with my purchase. I hope Re:After gets cheaper, it's a bit expensive compared to Re:Master considering it's only around 11 hours long.

Thanks, I bought it. For every $10 you spend you get a scratch card that gives you a free game or a coupon so yeah it's worth splitting them into multiple transactions. I got a $1 coupon with my purchase. I hope Re:After gets cheaper, it's a bit expensive compared to Re:Master considering it's only around 11 hours long.
Kogado VNs very rarely seem to go under 50-60% off, but it was apparently $18.49 on Fanatical during the BF season last year, which I somehow missed.

Yea, I bought the physical Vita bundle for $120 or whatever it was, but that's admittedly high.

Edit: It was $109.98..

Glad I didn't pre-order Prinny Presents Vol 2...

Makai Kingdom 100% busted with game breaking crash bug.

Given how little work they put into Vol 1 to fix issues, I guess fingers crossed they at least make right on this one.  It does mean the physical versions are scuffed.

Guess I'll pick up someone's used copy for dirt, just to have a physical of ZHP.  I will get Makai Kingdom on Steam, I guess. 

I have read that Vol 3, La Pucelle Ragnarok and Rhapsody, are being ported by a different, better studio.  Here's hoping...

Glad I didn't pre-order Prinny Presents Vol 2...Makai Kingdom 100% busted with game breaking crash bug.

Given how little work they put into Vol 1 to fix issues, I guess fingers crossed they at least make right on this one. It does mean the physical versions are scuffed.
Guess I'll pick up someone's used copy for dirt, just to have a physical of ZHP. I will get Makai Kingdom on Steam, I guess.
I have read that Vol 3, La Pucelle Ragnarok and Rhapsody, are being ported by a different, better studio. Here's hoping...
The title of the article you linked literally says NIS is fixing it.

Sounds like the concern is that very long term if patches are unavailable, this physical copy may be less useful than a physical of the original game. IE, a physical copy has the same lifespan as a digital one now that it needs a patch. We are a very long way away from that, but if that's what you want out of physical copies I get it.

Broken physical copies that need patches on release are par for the course for almost any game now unfortunately, but it is a little surprising for a port of a classic game and I didn't expect it, that's for sure.

Not a concern for most people though.

I tend to be very "I want physical!" and then just ignore the patch aspect myself, which maybe doesn't make much sense but it's a lot less stressful (for now..)

The title of the article you linked literally says NIS is fixing it.
Can't fix the broken physical carts.

Ports of older titles shouldn't be so broken that the cart is worthless unless you have an internet connection. And Nintendo is #1 in shutting down their older services, hence many Switch game owners prefer carts.

Your tone suggests people should accept that a $60 port job is somehow okay releasing with a very largely repeatable game ending crash bug...

Can't fix the broken physical carts.
Ports of older titles shouldn't be so broken that the cart is worthless unless you have an internet connection. And Nintendo is #1 in shutting down their older services, hence many Switch game owners prefer carts.
Your tone suggests people should accept that a $60 port job is somehow okay releasing with a very largely repeatable game ending crash bug...
Nah.

Just pointing out how you say you hope they'll fix it while sharing an article in the same post that says they are.

It's not that deep.

Sounds like the concern is that very long term if patches are unavailable, this physical copy may be less useful than a physical of the original game. IE, a physical copy has the same lifespan as a digital one now that it needs a patch. We are a very long way away from that, but if that's what you want out of physical copies I get it.

Broken physical copies that need patches on release are par for the course for almost any game now unfortunately, but it is a little surprising for a port of a classic game and I didn't expect it, that's for sure.
I'd sort of agree, but it's not much worse than older NIS releases with game breaking bugs. Off the top of my head, one of the Ar Tonelico games had a game breaking bug late game where you can't finish it. Like two versions of Witch and the 100 Knights had issues. They didn't bother patching the PS3 one at all, and re-released the game which had different bugs. Some of the Disgaeas crashed in the localized versions.

Seriously, like more than 50% of NISA releases have major bugs that prevent completion.

Lord of the Rings game never got a patch, when lots of people get stuck like ~70%, and you'd have to restart. Then there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

Not sure if this is the best place, but VGP is having a Victoria Day sale on PQUBE games through the 23rd. Prices in Canadian dollars and free shipping to US if you spend 80 Canadian.

Some VNs at great prices such as Root letter and Raging loop for the PS4 for 9.99.

https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/pqube-victoria-day-long-weekend-sale
Nice! Consider skipping Nexomon for now if you're the type of person that likes everything physical when possible - they just announced a complete collection that includes the first game physical as well, which is currently digital only)

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/nexomon-plus-nexomon-extinction-complete-collection-is-heading-to-switch

A similar disclaimer could be given about Chaos Child since it's in the double pack releasing later this year.

Does anyone know anything about Root Film?  I played and enjoyed Root Letter.  Does Film have any connection to Letter?

I think it has no connection to letter other than the similar art styles (not the real person edition obviously of letter). Some voice actors come back too, but it's not the same characters. Similar mystery styling though.

I'd sort of agree, but it's not much worse than older NIS releases with game breaking bugs. Off the top of my head, one of the Ar Tonelico games had a game breaking bug late game where you can't finish it. Like two versions of Witch and the 100 Knights had issues. They didn't bother patching the PS3 one at all, and re-released the game which had different bugs. Some of the Disgaeas crashed in the localized versions.

Seriously, like more than 50% of NISA releases have major bugs that prevent completion.

Lord of the Rings game never got a patch, when lots of people get stuck like ~70%, and you'd have to restart. Then there's no guarantee it won't happen again.
W100 crashing was absolutely the worst. The ArT was game 2, the final boss had an attack that would crash the game; workaround was to kill them before they could use it. But ArT 3 was the absolute worst translation job of any game I’ve ever played. I didn’t have an issue with LotR, but my wife couldn’t play Lego LotR because it was completely full of bugs. And I remember the Wild Arms 1 remake they removed two enemies from the game (due to Alice in Wonderland copyright issues), but didn’t remove them from the bestiary; 100% completion was impossible and there was a bunch of content locked behind that gate; not to mention the rest of the bugs that game had.

Lots of announcements from Anime Central. Every link is NSFW and from VNDB unless it's already up for pre-order.

First of all Mangagamer announced that their will be physical copies made of Rance Magnum.

They also announced:

How a Healthy Hentai Administers Public Service from ClockUp (same studio as How to Live a Healthy Hentai Lifestyle)

The Patient S Remedy from Mado Labo (same studio as Naked Butlers)

How a Healthy Hentai Administers Public Service take place in the same world as the last game (Hentai Lifestyle), and has a officer whom is going to help people with their sexual frustration. Society accepts sex and perversion as the norm. I honestly didn't really like like the last game, and this sounds like more of the same, but the artwork is excellent at least.

The Patient S Remedy is a yaoi game about a guy who has "candle disease", a disease of cell degeneration that kills in about 5 years. His body has the cure in bodily fluids, which he gets offered a deal by a doctor if he provides his semen, he'll get special treatment in the hospital ward. I don't play yaoi games, but this one looks pretty high quality and the circumstances for this cure sound too good to be true.

Love Lab has announced the release date for Chinkamo Twins for July 1st, 2022.  This was previously announced. This one has a university professor worried about his twin sisters failing out. He wants to teach them, but to get them to study he has to pamper them. This leads to them declaring their love for him and I'm sure hilarity ensues. It sounds short, silly and nukige like. If it's cheap enough (around $10) I'll get it.

Love lab also announced Sugar Sweet Temptation from Recette. This is the story of a young man who mysteriously falls from the sky during a special festival. Though he has no memories, he is somehow highly skilled at baking, which makes it a big opportunity for a trio of cute girls who handle a cake shop. This look very cute and I'll buy it easily. I love Moeges.

Lastly NekoNyan has announced a lot of good releases. I'll list them out and give a quick synopsis and my thoughts on them:

Flower Flowlove from Saga Planets (same studio as Kino: Golden Loveriche) 

Irotoridori no Sekai from FAVORITE

Kakenuke Seishun Sparking from Saga Planets

Ren’ai X Royale from ASa Project (same studio as Renai Karichaimashita: Koikari – Love For Hire)

Secret Agent of the Knight Academy from Ensemble

Some 3rd person shooter/platformer with adult content with a girl named Lorena

Flower Flowlove is about a guy with particular special ability. He can tell if people are generally good or bad and sees them either with angel wings (being good) or devil wings (being bad). He wants to surround himself with angel winged people. It looks cute and is an easy buy on release being a moege.

Irotoridori no Sekai has a long history. First of all it was being translated by Shinku Translations, which ended up becoming NekoNyan. Also f*** Sol Press who ran the Kickstarter and ran away with a lot of backers money for the very successful Kickstarter. This included my money, but luckily I only pledged for the digital release, so I didn't lose that much. This game has a guy who has a power where if he touches someone he can cure them of any diseases in return for losing some of his memories. This story deals with a lot of this and some link to another world. This is very highly regarded and looks amazing. I'll pay whatever when it comes out. This is my most anticipated of any of the announcements.

Kakenuke Seishun Sparking has a guy who is a junior at an academy who only cares about his part time job, money, and studying. His childhood friend and a classmate that looks up to him decide to try to get him into one of two clubs. These clubs are the activity club, a club for having fun, and a volunteer club, a club for making other people's lives better. They both actively try to recruit him, and maybe (probably haha) he will find some cute girl to get him out of this mindset. Cute girls, sounds like fun and a moege equals a buy on purchase.

Ren’ai X Royale deals with some guy who does a lot of outlandish things like bein agitated by his juniors, hitting on the student council president, and chasing after idols. One day he decides to declare his love for someone and all these girls question him and a whole lot hilarity ensues. This sounds like it's pretty random and has a lot of comedy. Not as excited for this one, but I'll still play it on release.

Secret Agent of the Knight Academy has a guy who was trained harshly all his life to be a ninja as well as eventually succeed his mother as a secret intelligence operative. He is deployed undercover at an academy to help solve a case that's in the news. However, he has a freak accident and reveals his identity to a classmate. He feels his mission is a failure, but she wants to be trained to be a ninja in exchange for hiding his identity. This looks like it has nice art and could be a slightly more serious visual novel. Easy buy on release.

Also JAST USA announced a release date for Flowers -Le volume sur hiver- on June 18th, 2022. Linked is the Steam page. There is also a physical edition and it will be on the JAST USA as well.

I love NekoNyan, and they've taken the title for my favorite official eroge game company. I just love the games, and they're generally moeges, which are my main style. I will play all of theirs and some of the other ones. I hope Mangagamer has a bit more announcements for my liking coming up in the future, but we'll see. Otherwise a lot of good announcements overall.

Also last, but not least a fan translation has been released for Akatsuki no Goei from Syangrila by Daybreak Translations. This one deals with a guy who went through tough training for a year to have a chance to be a bodyguard for the ladies of a special academy. He is not as excited and is about to turn in his resignation, but meets a girl who says she finds him interesting. After meeting her, he decides he is ready to embrace the bodyguard role. This one mainly works for the trinity edition. They intend to have more patches for this release, so get that version for when they release the rest of the games in the series as well.

I already bought sophie 2 from either a b2g1 or 40% off sale or something physical wise earlier this year.  I don't trust ateliers to not go out of print half the time since they stopped doing large prints like they did back in the arland and dusk trilogies. ryza 1 and 2 and blue reflection 2 are the abnormalities. I get that the former got reprints since it sold like gangbusters. but blue reflection 2 seems to keep getting reprinted and I don't think that one did so well. Meanwhile blue reflection 1 sits at like 83$ used...

Is buying all the dlc for theaterhythm curtain call before the eShop gets shutdown. Sure wish they had bundles and a add to cart option.

Is buying all the dlc for theaterhythm curtain call before the eShop gets shutdown. Sure wish they had bundles and a add to cart option.
OH MY GOD I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING! I've been thinking and thinking if there's any DLC I want for any of my 3DS games and you reminded me that I never bought all that Theatrhythm DLC! Thanks so much for reminding me! I'm gonna take a look at the list later today and see if there's any songs I want but still don't have.

Oh, and I'm still salty the west never got Krile. Would have been nice to have all the FFV characters. So strange she was cut when we got all the other DLC.

You're welcome^ and yeah it's a shame we don't have characters for a large number of the songs/dlc in the game. Like I was surprised to see xenogears and livealive and chronotrigger ones in the dlc listings since none of those have dlc characters or ingame ones. 

I'm still salty they didn't localize the dq theaterhythm game either.  Thinking about importing that as even in jpn I probably could play through it well enough.  But it's probably too late, expensive and i dunno if they have region lock or not. Usually dlc is region locked bare minimum.

Anywho 4 hours later I spent all the eshop credit I currently have on hand and got a portion of the songs dlc.  

I went through 3DS DLC and digital purchases recently too. It's crazy that you have to buy in the game, that it's so slow, and for some games you even have to progress to a certain point first!

I really like all the descriptions of the songs on the curtain call DLC though, I thought those were neat.

I got pretty much everything I wanted, a few things were unavailable unfortunately:

Iron Combat: War In The Air

Break Tactics

Jewel Adventures

Picdun (Picdun 2 I already have)

I was going to get a digital version of Yo-kai Watch blasters but my 32GB SD card can't quite fit it with the other stuff I have, and don't especially want to upgrade it for one game if that's what it comes down to. I looked at some gameplay and I think I'm fine skipping it.

RADIOHAMMER also looked pretty cool, but I noticed it's available on Switch enhanced as RADIOHAMMER STATION

Main things that were fun to get were the Pokemon gameboy games, Demon King Box looks interesting, Sweet Memories - Blackjack (lol), Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX, Pocket Card Jockey, Style Savvy: Styling Star as it's digital only

On Wii U a few N64 games (Ogre Battle, Star Fox), since I don't have Nintendo Switch Online nor a 64 anymore and Steel Rivals which looks awful, but like it could be fun a few times.

A few 3DS things that are available physically but are expensive that may be worth considering too: Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, Yo-kai Watch 3, Yo-kai Watch 2 Psychic Specters, Moco Moco Friends, and of course all the various ATLUS/SEGA stuff that was on sale recently.

For Wii U I'm unsure if Devil's Third is still available digitally, but that may be another one.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is another kind of pricey physical that's on the Wii U VC

If there is a lot you're interested in, Amazon has $5 off $50 eShop cards still:

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-eShop-Gift-Card-Digital/dp/B01M1VX5UJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2SHIN5M7RVP37&keywords=nintendo+eshop&qid=1653329312&sprefix=nintendo+eshop%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-1

You have until August 29th to redeem using codes, it's just credit cards that are shutting down soon. I believe you have until the total shutdown next year if your balances are linked with Switch too, so there are ways to drag your feet longer if you want.

Pocket Card Jockey, Style Savvy: Styling Star. Just a random thought but I have probably 30-40 hours on each of these. Pocket Card Jockey is great, and I love horse racing, but it's a lot of fun that just gets a bit boring raising horses to win certain exact things. Style Savvy games are generally easy, but have a lot to do and are more fashion simulators with also running a store and meeting people and getting to know clients. The 3DS ones (this one and the one that came out on cart) are fun and well worth a play. Demon King Box I found incredibly boring and very repetitive, but hopefully you'll like it more. I do like the anime style drawings though. I bought the DLC for Curtain Call ages ago, but will be sure to download it. Easily my favorite rhythm game on the 3DS, although I didn't like the Miku release as much, and I liked Rhythm Heaven, but to a lesser degree. Great DLC too, and just a fun and can be very tough game. I beat most of it, but it wasn't easy. Just don't sleep on the Style Savvy games and Pocket Card Jockey is too good to not be played.

Also in some random niche game news Super Bullet Break (gave impressions in some thread) is coming out August 12, 2022. This game was decently fun, albeit the demo never changed up the locations of events when redoing a level, which I think was just for the demo. Pretty fun and unique deck building game.

A visual novel named The 13th Month from Shin Megami Tensei creators Suzuki Kazunari and Masuko Tsukasa is also coming to Steam on August 5th, 2022. It has a dark reimagining of sleeping beauty. Art is really nice, and I'll get it for sure on release.

Steam

VNDB (NSFW)

Also Indie Live Expo 2022 sale is going on Steam until 10 AM Friday PST. There are many doujin games, niche games of all types, and some games coming out with some sales. I'm checking them out and can put some highlights if you all want.

A few 3DS things that are available physically but are expensive that may be worth considering too: Style Savvy: Fashion Forward, Yo-kai Watch 3, Yo-kai Watch 2 Psychic Specters, Moco Moco Friends, and of course all the various ATLUS/SEGA stuff that was on sale recently.
The fourth Style Savvy game is only available digitally in the US - Style Savvy: Styling Star. The PAL region had a physical copy though.

bread's done
Back