Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaelestis']If you didn't ask the clerks, you should ask them if they have any sealed copies or just call and ask but make sure to clarify you want a copy that has the outer box still sealed. They usually have others sealed unless the gutted copy is their very last copy. Other than GS, don't know of anyone who has it for a decent price. Ebay is like in the $30-40 range.[/QUOTE]

I did check around. Closest one was 16 miles and it was a gutted copy, better yet it was their last copy so I didn't want it. Then the next closest GS that have the game are in the 20 miles and up range. I rather not drive that far honestly. Guess I might have to settle on picking up for near full price if not more.

[quote name='Drclaw411']how the hell did you edit it to type that then?

sounds to me like opening a letter and having it say "i would have included the $10 i owe you, but i already sealed the envelope."[/QUOTE]

I was able to edit that portion on top after countless times of saving. The guy who is in charge of the tech for CAG said it may be a java related issue that's preventing it from saving but I was able to get that portion saved (after many times of trying to save)...nothing else for price updates.

And what sucks is that once you do make the price updates, you never know if it's going to go through. Most often you get the "database error".

The other thing that could be the possibility which I did bring up to him back in November or December was that the list was too big and possibly there is a maximum of how much could be in one post.

But we did multiple tests through various browsers. The bad thing is I can copy the existing list through Firefox but when you paste it on Safari or Google Chrome, it doesn't keep the embedded links, it all becomes just text.

UPDATE:

I was able to get one price change and tried to do more...but I'm still getting the:

picture.php

Probably of note here, Arcana Heart 3 was just announced for PS3 only in the US.

Keep your eyes peeled for the inevitable interesting special edition from Aksys.

[quote name='wasurenai']Probably of note here, Arcana Heart 3 was just announced for PS3 only in the US.

Keep your eyes peeled for the inevitable interesting special edition from Aksys.[/QUOTE]

It's also a DD only title. No special edition is coming.

[quote name='wasurenai']Probably of note here, Arcana Heart 3 was just announced for PS3 only in the US.

Keep your eyes peeled for the inevitable interesting special edition from Aksys.[/QUOTE]

Damn...more reasons to get a ps3 now lol.

Not a deal per se but some people like bonus stuff.

Atlus' DIVINITY II now comes with a 52-page artbook and soundtrack CD (for launch copies). All for $39.99 only.

[quote name='eau']Not a deal per se but some people like bonus stuff.

Atlus' DIVINITY II now comes with a 52-page artbook and soundtrack CD (for launch copies). All for $39.99 only.[/QUOTE]

I know that they claim that it has been "extensively remastered", but the demo that I played for Divinity II in its original release was so painfully awful that I can't imagine them being able to make a decent game out of it. I'm definitely taking the wait-and-see approach on this one, regardless of any extras they might decide to throw out there for launch purchases.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but "Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road" is only $14.99 @ Costco!

My store only had one copy (which I picked up), but it may be more readily available elsewhere!

I saw at Gamestop that Atlus - Etrian Odyssey III has dropped to $19.99 new. Also, NIS America's Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman dropped to $19.99 used.

I waited quite a bit for Hexyz Force to go down in price but it doesn't look like it's going to happen and the Amazon price was to high. So, purchased it new at Gamestop for $29.99. I was hoping "Cross Edge" would go down to $19.99 but still $29.99. Did end up finally picking up Atelier Rorona for the PS3 at $39.99. Wasn't this $60 like three months ago. I wonder if "Hyperdimension Neptunia" will drop from $60 to $39.99 in a few months from now.

Other cheapies at Gamestop new for the PSP were Pangya and Every Extend Extra ($9.99) and Gunpey for ($4.99).

[quote name='Kaelestis']If you didn't ask the clerks, you should ask them if they have any sealed copies or just call and ask but make sure to clarify you want a copy that has the outer box still sealed. They usually have others sealed unless the gutted copy is their very last copy. Other than GS, don't know of anyone who has it for a decent price. Ebay is like in the $30-40 range.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At my store there were 2-3 of them with no prices on the box and were sealed. Picked that one and Sakura Wars set not long ago and both were sealed no prices on them but had to request it.

its easy to tell what jap developed games are going to go up and down in price by seeing if its out of print by checking on zon zon(amazon).

hexyz force and cross edge have been locked at those prices and higher for sealed copies for months.

i remember when Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman first came out... i had prime back then and went

I NEED THIS GAME NOW

overnighted it for 1.99 (orwhatever overnight cost with prime)

got it and played it for an hour and never went back.... good game but for some reason just never went back to it... just another game on the backlog pile

[quote name='StripesOrBars']its easy to tell what jap developed games are going to go up and down in price by seeing if its out of print by checking on zon zon(amazon).

hexyz force and cross edge have been locked at those prices and higher for sealed copies for months.[/QUOTE]
they can't print any more cross edge titles because of tim langdell's Edge copyright.

Picked up Deathsmiles and Sakura Wars Wii for $11.xx each with the gamestop B2G1 sale! Hopefully they come in good condition.

I was at K-Mart checking to see what games they had on discount but noticed a table full of Wii and DS games and among those in sale were "Nostalgia" and "Miami Law" by Gaijinworks (from the folks that were from Working Designs). I think they were $14.99.

Aksys River City Sports Challenge is down to $16.98 on Amazon for the Nintendo DS. I have this game and it features the characters of River City Ransom and you take on other characters in competitions like racing but you can beat up people and hit them with objects. Fun game but you need patience as some of the challengers are cheap and they all gang up on you. Fun game though, esp. if you enjoy the Kunio games.

http://www.amazon.com/River-City-Sp...3I/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1298651629&sr=8-34

This is a Sega game but for those interested, "Sands of Destruction" has dropped to $16.75

http://www.amazon.com/Sands-Destruc...7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1298652027&sr=1-37

and for PS3, Yakuza 3 has dropped even more to $22.95 with the upcoming release of Yakuza 4:

http://www.amazon.com/Yakuza-3-Play..._7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1298652278&sr=1-7

Also, Star Ocean: the Last Hope International is on sale for the PS3 for $18.59

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Ocean-La..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1298653039&sr=1-2

Keep in mind that Kmart has a deal coming up where you get Yakuza 3 for free with the purchase of Yakuza 4, along with $10 on the Shop Your Way Rewards card (if you have one).

[quote name='elessar123']I thought Nostalgia was $10 somewhere ($13.41 on Amazon).[/QUOTE]
It was $10 at Walmart, and Amazon briefly matched them.

I picked it up from Amazon while they had it for $9.96.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Keep in mind that Kmart has a deal coming up where you get Yakuza 3 for free with the purchase of Yakuza 4, along with $10 on the Shop Your Way Rewards card (if you have one).[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. Definitely want to get my friends into the game and introducing them to the series by having another copy of "Yakuza 3" would be cool! How does this work...do they usually bundle them together or does stores need to have Y3 in stock?

^ When in doubt, read the K-Mart thread ;D But no, they're not bundled. Josh ordered extra copies of Yakuza 3, so stores will have stock. Bring both a copy of Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 3 up to a register, scan them in the same transaction and Yakuza 3 will come up free. Also, scan your SYWR card to get 10000 pts ($10). You must be signed up for their email program though.

Darnit. I didn't know Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga are OOP and hard to find now. What a price of procrastination.

EDIT: Just checked Neptunia. It's OOS at Amazon and it's no longer listed at NISA store. Didn't this just came out this month?!

[quote name='eau']EDIT: Just checked Neptunia. It's OOS at Amazon and it's no longer listed at NISA store. Didn't this just came out this month?![/QUOTE]

Probably means they're sold out of the first "premium" edition with the art book, and that they haven't done a new regular pressing yet. Or so I'd think, anyway, given that it would be weird for it to be OOP this fast. I've been on the fence about this one -- looks interesting, but not necessarily interesting enough to pay full price for. I'm hoping that it doesn't become rare before there's a reasonable price drop.

My Atlus haul since last week.
Radiant Historia ($29.99 but with $20 credit off from Amazon).
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness ($28 newegg I think atlus is publishing this now).
Master of the Monster's Lair. ($5, used but mint condition at gamestop with even the ds warning booklet).

had a pretty good haul from gamestop, all are sealed. I got:
2x SMT Devil Summoner 2 (with plush) (19.99 each)
Trinity Universe (39.99)
Atelier Rorona LE (39.99)
Deathsmiles LE (29.99)
Mana Khemia 2 LE (19.99)

[quote name='Donkey132']had a pretty good haul from gamestop, all are sealed. I got:
Trinity Universe LE (39.99)
Deathsmiles LE (29.99)
Mana Khemia 2 LE (19.99)[/QUOTE]

TriUni had an LE?

[quote name='Ionotropic']Catherine (PS3 and 360) is up for preorder on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I want it for the 360, but the ps3 cover art is better. decisions decisions.

Any Chance Atlas will have a Catherine LE edition for NA market?? I wanna get both console versions, as damn..just looking at the boxart is a sight to behold [face_drooling]..tempted to order off amazon, but would rather have the Atlas store pre-goodies

[quote name='Donkey132']had a pretty good haul from gamestop, all are sealed. I got:
Trinity Universe (39.99)
Deathsmiles LE (29.99)
Mana Khemia 2 LE (19.99)[/QUOTE]

damn you got lucky. none of my local GS has these games sealed. or did you clear them out before i got there? lol

[quote name='eau']Darnit. I didn't know Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga are OOP and hard to find now. What a price of procrastination.

EDIT: Just checked Neptunia. It's OOS at Amazon and it's no longer listed at NISA store. Didn't this just came out this month?![/QUOTE]

amazon has some crimson gem saga at msrp $30 right now.

Ended up purchasing Hyperdimension Neptunia...unlike the other sets, checking several Gamestops around me, only 1 store received a copy and I get a feeling this is not a title one can wait for it to go cheaper like Atelier Rorona.

Curious, have any of the Y's sets gone down in price or on sale (Y's Seven or Y's Oath in Felgana)?

Btw....for the limited edition hunters (and are on Facebook)...which one am I missing?

Actually, you are missing the Persona 4 (Visual Data) Artbook that came with preorder copies ;)

Technically Digital Devil Saga isn't complete unless you have the outer box it came with, and DDS2 to put with it.

Also, Hyperdimension Neptunia had a preorder bonus playing cards.

Lastly, I noticed Eternal Poison was missing the artbook that came with all copies when it was brand new.

I know it gets questionable when there are preorder bonuses and all that, but just wanted to be specific :)

As for ones you are missing:

Lunar SSH Premium Edition PSP
Ys Seven Premium Edition PSP
Ys Oath in Felghana Premium Edition PSP
A whole bunch of PS1 editions, such as both Lunar games and Arc the Lad.
Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition (preorder bonus were two pins and a small deck of playing cards)
Final Fantasy XI had a outerbox with the game discs and several manuals. I don't know if that's considered a special edition. (PS2)
Tales of Vesperia Limited Edition with soundtrack CD 360
Persona 3: Portable had the Junpei hat preorder bonus PSP
9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors had the preorder bonus watch DS
Wild Arms Alter Code F was a remake of the first Wild Arms on PS1, and included an anime dvd (gets expensive if you want everything complete) PS2
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment had a bonus disc with an anime short PS1

Then for other games, there's Alan Wake: CE and Castlevania Lords of Shadow: CE, Metal Gear Solid 4, Dante's Inferno Divine Edition PS3, Yakuza 3 had this ultra rare edition that was a replica silver suitcase with miniature bottles of alcohol and engravings of the game on the glassware. God of War 3: Ultimate Edition. Cursed Mountain had a limited edition, with a DVD and soundtrack on the Wii. Super Mario All-Stars Wii, Xenosaga Episode 2's preorder bonus had a DVD of (mostly) all the cutscenes of Episode 1 in its own case.

[quote name='storino03']Actually, you are missing the Persona 4 (Visual Data) Artbook that came with preorder copies ;)

Technically Digital Devil Saga isn't complete unless you have the outer box it came with, and DDS2 to put with it.

Also, Hyperdimension Neptunia had a preorder bonus playing cards.

Lastly, I noticed Eternal Poison was missing the artbook that came with all copies when it was brand new.

I know it gets questionable when there are preorder bonuses and all that, but just wanted to be specific :)

As for ones you are missing:

Lunar SSH Premium Edition PSP
Ys Seven Premium Edition PSP
Ys Oath in Felghana Premium Edition PSP
A whole bunch of PS1 editions, such as both Lunar games and Arc the Lad.
Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition (preorder bonus were two pins and a small deck of playing cards)
Final Fantasy XI had a outerbox with the game discs and several manuals. I don't know if that's considered a special edition. (PS2)
Tales of Vesperia Limited Edition with soundtrack CD 360
Persona 3: Portable had the Junpei hat preorder bonus PSP
9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors had the preorder bonus watch DS
Wild Arms Alter Code F was a remake of the first Wild Arms on PS1, and included an anime dvd (gets expensive if you want everything complete) PS2
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment had a bonus disc with an anime short PS1

Then for other games, there's Alan Wake: CE and Castlevania Lords of Shadow: CE, Metal Gear Solid 4, Dante's Inferno Divine Edition PS3, Yakuza 3 had this ultra rare edition that was a replica silver suitcase with miniature bottles of alcohol and engravings of the game on the glassware. God of War 3: Ultimate Edition. Cursed Mountain had a limited edition, with a DVD and soundtrack on the Wii. Super Mario All-Stars Wii, Xenosaga Episode 2's preorder bonus had a DVD of (mostly) all the cutscenes of Episode 1 in its own case.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to believe this...but I actually threw away the DDS box that it came with. My son who was 1.5 at the time got his hands on it and ripped it up. Argh.... but I was not upset with that, I was more upset that these were on sale for $8 at Toys R' Us and I debated getting a second copy but didn't. There was so many copies of them too :(

I never received a book for Eternal Poison and I bought it new. :(

I do have the Wild Arms...never thought about the anime discs, because I suppose even the ".Hack" games would be included.

I never bought the ultimate edition packs...didn't "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker" also come with something cool?

Yep, all copies of Eternal Poison had the artbook plastic wrapped to the game case.

Suikoden V also had a preorder bonus of an artbook and soundtrack CD.

Radiant Historia has a bonus soundtrack CD (only contains 4 songs though) DS.

Chrono Trigger on the DS included a poster. Not sure if all copies do.

Metroid Prime: Trilogy on the Wii included a poster, and a sleeve over the steebook case.

Record of Agarest War: Really Naughty Edition on the 360 had a bunch of stuff included.

MGS: Peace Walker had some limited edition version, that had I think postcards or some stupid thing. I don't think it was anything substantial.

Final Fantasy XII had a collector's edition with a history of Final Fantasy dvd disc in a steelbook case.

Zelda: Collector's Edition on the Gamecube had Zelda 1/2, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask on one disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back