Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how quickly that sold out when everyone was blasting its lack of contents for a LE.

Personally, I think the microfiber cloth and earbuds is a nice change of pace from a 4-10 track bonus cd.
Tbh, I just wanted the box. But alas, I did not order the LE cause I wasn't feeling the wow factor for me. :lol:

Dat OLED screen will turn that frown upside down once you actually get a Vita.
Yeah then the horrible battery will make you frown again. Seriously that's all I have against the vita except for the expensive as heck memory cards.

Also played Conception 2 for about 2-3 hours, it's decent for a dungeon crawler though not very deep there. I enjoy the concept of the Star Children and enjoy the visual novel parts. The dungeons have boring as heck layouts period, and the enemy variety isn't very high. I'd rate it average easily. I will play it a bunch and eventually finish it off, but not amazing for sure.

Yeah then the horrible battery will make you frown again. Seriously that's all I have against the vita except for the expensive as heck memory cards.
I never had a problem with the battery power, but I usually don't play it for that long when I'm out and about.

Would choose OLED over battery power personally, just wish the battery was removable like the PSP.

Glad I finally decided to put down a preorder on Neptunia this past Monday - just did get in under the wire! :)
WOW, I was still debating if I was going to order the LE or not, as I was still unsure what this game is? I'm still not sure, as I'm unfamiliar with the franchise. I guess missing out wasn't really a bid deal, as I'm still not sure if I even wanted this game or not. It must be pretty popular, as that sold out really quickly.

NISA seems to have more Demon Gaze LE after being sold out. I'm sure these came from charging CC/cancellations, so they may have more of these closer to release, especially considering how soon it sold out. I'm sure some CC won't go through by then, and maybe a few cancellations. No big deal either way.

Compared to my phone or my 3DS I have been very happy with the battery life on my Vita. Rarely ever worry about it dying while in use.

Since my wife also wants a Vita, and we like a lot of the same games it's MUCH more cost efficient for me to buy physical. Me handing her my physical copy of the game > having to buy a second digital copy.
You know you can activate two vita's on one account right? Also I have every single vita game, psp and ps1 game I own back up to my pc. Whenever I get ready to change games I just upload the save using ps plus and then delete and copy over the game I want. Much faster than downloading since vita seems to download really slow sometimes. The two things that bug me though is that you can't copy things if you aren't connected to the web (bypassed by opencma) and that you can't alphabetize things. Seriously what is up with some and not letting you alphabetize things? Same thing bugs the crap out of me on the ps3. Bugged me so much that I downloaded all my ps1 games and used a spreadsheet so I could install them in alphabetical order.

My vita battery lasts about 2-3 hours of nonstop playing....maybe it's not terrible but usually after good sessions (like I did to finish Danganronpa up) I have to recharge.

My copy of Conception II came in a battered up box due to Amazon shipping it in a bubble mailer.  I contacted their CS and they are sending me a new one, but want me to ship the old one back.  

As for the OLED/LCD Vita debate, I have both but love the LCD one more.  The LCD one has much better battery life compared to the OLED one.  I've used both, and I don't find the LCD one to be that much of a downgrade from the OLED one.  The battery life is noticeably different, the screen, not so much.  But the comfort + weight factor of the new slim is pretty amazing.

My vita battery lasts about 2-3 hours of nonstop playing....maybe it's not terrible but usually after good sessions (like I did to finish Danganronpa up) I have to recharge.
Have you adjusted power-related features like screen brightness and Location Data, and do you have Wi-Fi turned off if you're playing offline? You can easily get another 1-1.5 hours out of it (strictly offline gameplay).

My copy of Conception II came in a battered up box due to Amazon shipping it in a bubble mailer. I contacted their CS and they are sending me a new one, but want me to ship the old one back.

As for the OLED/LCD Vita debate, I have both but love the LCD one more. The LCD one has much better battery life compared to the OLED one. I've used both, and I don't find the LCD one to be that much of a downgrade from the OLED one. The battery life is noticeably different, the screen, not so much. But the comfort + weight factor of the new slim is pretty amazing.
The replacement will likely be shipped the same way unfortunately. I'm hoping the local indie gaming shop got some in as they generally handle games properly.

My copy of Conception II came in a battered up box due to Amazon shipping it in a bubble mailer. I contacted their CS and they are sending me a new one, but want me to ship the old one back.

As for the OLED/LCD Vita debate, I have both but love the LCD one more. The LCD one has much better battery life compared to the OLED one. I've used both, and I don't find the LCD one to be that much of a downgrade from the OLED one. The battery life is noticeably different, the screen, not so much. But the comfort + weight factor of the new slim is pretty amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7TzE9LnBQ

I am by no means a visual snob, but from this youtube video, I can definitely tell a difference between graphics quality and color sharpness. I guess if you've grown up with a gameboy/ds, you can deal with it, but it's basically like watching sports in standard definition after you've see it in high def. Really glad I got my OLED x 2 vitas.

Have you adjusted power-related features like screen brightness and Location Data, and do you have Wi-Fi turned off if you're playing offline? You can easily get another 1-1.5 hours out of it (strictly offline gameplay).
That must be why mine lasts longer, rarely ever play online or use wi-fi.

Eh. The main difference between the OLED and LCD screens on the Vita/Vita2000 is blacks and blues. The OLED has deeper blacks, which is certainly nice; and because of the nature of OLED screens, they tend to be manufactured with extra blue LEDs, meaning, for the Vita, that games developed till now have taken this color imbalance into consideration.

Sure OLEDs have a wider viewing angle and some other advantages, but for a portable system you're playing with directly in front of you at a head-on angle, those advantages are minimal at best. For the Vita, it's all about color and depth, and these are hardly critical components; and, as Vitas with LCDs gradually becomes the norm, the color balance issue will actually shift in favor of it for new games.

Eh. The main difference between the OLED and LCD screens on the Vita/Vita2000 is blacks and blues. The OLED has deeper blacks, which is certainly nice; and because of the nature of OLED screens, they tend to be manufactured with extra blue LEDs, meaning, for the Vita, that games developed till now have taken this color imbalance into consideration.

Sure OLEDs have a wider viewing angle and some other advantages, but for a portable system you're playing with directly in front of you at a head-on angle, those advantages are minimal at best. For the Vita, it's all about color and depth, and these are hardly critical components; and, as Vitas with LCDs gradually becomes the norm, the color balance issue will actually shift in favor of it for new games.
Well , your missing some facts.

Not all LCD screens are equal. VA panels have great blacks (see high contrast). IPS panels tend to great viewing angles , TN panels tend to have relatively low color gamuts and poor viewing angles , etc.

OLED screens have some of the characteristics of IPS panels and VA panels and basically represent a general upgrade.

Also , certain software implementations can cater for different color gamuts to some degree.

The OLED screen that the Vita originally used represented a nice jump in technology from the normal TN LCD panels that are used in some consumer electronics.

Even though the Vita used an old OLED screen , it was still quite impressive. The OLED screen on the Vita has definitely geared me into buying something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55EA8800-55-Inch-1080p/dp/B00ITITH40

Well, got my order of Conception II from Best Buy today. 

Good thing: Box ain't smashed

Bad thing: Some creases on the side and it came in a bubble mailer. 

Overall, I'm satisfied. 

I can't decide which Vita model I want. The original Vita clearly has a better screen, but the Vita Slim has a better battery life and is more comfortable to use.

Well , your missing some facts.
Not all LCD screens are equal. VA panels have great blacks (see high contrast). IPS panels tend to great viewing angles , TN panels tend to have relatively low color gamuts and poor viewing angles , etc.

OLED screens have some of the characteristics of IPS panels and VA panels and basically represent a general upgrade.

Also , certain software implementations can cater for different color gamuts to some degree.

The OLED screen that the Vita originally used represented a nice jump in technology from the normal TN LCD panels that are used in some consumer electronics.

Even though the Vita used an old OLED screen , it was still quite impressive. The OLED screen on the Vita has definitely geared me into buying something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-55EA8800-55-Inch-1080p/dp/B00ITITH40
I'm not trying to be technical, just give a simple breakdown of what the noticeable differences between the two Vitas' screens are.

Everyone has raised some good points. Another one I like to keep in mind is that OLED screens typically don't have as long of a lifespan. We're talking many years of extreme use before an OLED shows signs of slowing down but LCD's can typically last longer.

If you're a hardcore retro collector and think you'll be playing it almost nonstop for a decade.. Maybe worth considering.

This is an extreme edge case though. And by the time this would be a problem there will probably be 5 Vita models newer that could all be found around for cheap.

I can't decide which Vita model I want. The original Vita clearly has a better screen, but the Vita Slim has a better battery life and is more comfortable to use.
I have the slim, and besides the screen issue, it is an improvement in "EVERY" way. I'll never go back to the 1000.

I just got my LCD Vita last night. The screen difference is certainly noticeable but the battery life, the adjustment of the rear touchpad and the weight of the unit is probably going to force it to become my main device. It's much more comfortable to hold while laying down.

Well, got my order of Conception II from Best Buy today.

Good thing: Box ain't smashed

Bad thing: Some creases on the side and it came in a bubble mailer.

Overall, I'm satisfied.
My copy of Soul Hackers (w/ soundtrack) that was shipped to me arrived in the same condition. I did in-store pick up for Conception II and it had more creases than Soul Hackers.

I don't like the packaging Atlus uses for these. Wish they'd design it better or use thicker material.

My Conception II arrived from BB today as well, also in a bubble mailer, but mine is crushed.  I'm taking it back, I'm tired of "setting" for damaged good from these places.  I called the GS I deal with and the guy told me he had a mint unopened copy that he'd put back for me.  I'll pay the full price to get a product in good condition.  I won't be ordering any more CE's from BB that I can't get in-store pickup on.  

My Conception II arrived from BB today as well, also in a bubble mailer, but mine is crushed. I'm taking it back, I'm tired of "setting" for damaged good from these places. I called the GS I deal with and the guy told me he had a mint unopened copy that he'd put back for me. I'll pay the full price to get a product in good condition. I won't be ordering any more CE's from BB that I can't get in-store pickup on.
If it is an actual CE they would use a box. But this is just a slip cover so they are only going to use a bubbler.

I have the slim, and besides the screen issue, it is an improvement in "EVERY" way. I'll never go back to the 1000.
I just got my LCD Vita last night. The screen difference is certainly noticeable but the battery life, the adjustment of the rear touchpad and the weight of the unit is probably going to force it to become my main device. It's much more comfortable to hold while laying down.
Thanks. I guess I'll be going with the slim.

My Conception II arrived from BB today as well, also in a bubble mailer, but mine is crushed. I'm taking it back, I'm tired of "setting" for damaged good from these places. I called the GS I deal with and the guy told me he had a mint unopened copy that he'd put back for me. I'll pay the full price to get a product in good condition. I won't be ordering any more CE's from BB that I can't get in-store pickup on.
got mine and its in perfect condition, i was worried about it though since it was also sent in a small gray bubble mailer. now im thinking i should keep it sealed and wait for one of the ones damaged from amazon to show up on the warehouse page and buy that one to open.

Ugg I wish these listing went up way sooner....oh well I have that amazing pre-order bonuses from S-E webstore........Also cool about P4-A pseudo sequel game.....I still have barely played the original will try to work on that before I consider that.
bestbuy has always been late with listing games. other than call of duty games.

omg!!!!

Drakengard 3 up for preorder at bestbuy

F U Square enix, and DR
Dammit Square Enix. I have to change my mind again?! Getting it at Best Buy for GCU. :lol: Sorry Gamestop.

Edit: It'll be 39.99 with GCU. Add in free Expedited Shipping. And I think it's a deal. haha.

Rise is playable?! Hnnngg
It hasn't been confirmed yet. But I like to believe Best Buy. Cause. I totally want to play as Rise. Now, only if the Persona 3 Protagonist can make a cameo, whether as Doppleganger Final Boss or as a Playable Character. It would be perfect. Since Adachi is hinted to be another Playable Character, why not make it even and have 8 new Characters? I'm hoping for too much. ><

Hoping the 2000 is available on sale ~$100 reasonably soon. I want to pick one up and hack it for emulation and for games not on PSN. I think it'd be a good system for the backup portable version, whereas my OLED with the Nyko power grip would be my at home official unit for heavier play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back